6 Things You Should Never Tolerate From Anyone

Never Tolerate..........

1) Being Disrespected

Tolerating disrespectful behavior indicates to others that you have zero respect for yourself.This allows people to get comfortable disrespecting you. Never compromise your boundaries or principles.Instead ,either address their disrespectful behavior , or respect yourself enough to ignore them and walk.

Never tolerate disrespect,not even from yourself

2) Abuse - Of Any Kind

Abuse takes on many different forms. Being abused in anyway whatsoever is wrong,and it should never be justified or tolerated.Abusive people are bullies.Tolerating abuse empowers the abuser , because you are actually permitting their abuse to continue.Refuse to contribute to the abuse by either standing your ground & standing up for yourself ,or totally remove yourself from the situation.

Nothing you do or say warrants abuse

3) Negativity

Negativity is toxic to your life ,whether it comes from your own negative thoughts or negative people.It's contagious, and just brings your mood persistently down. Replace negativity with positive vibes & positive thoughts.Surround yourself with positive people.The type of people who inspire you and brighten up life

The less you respond to negative people,the more peaceful your life will become

4) Being Taken Advantage Of

Allowing people to take advantage of you lets them call all the shots and have control over your life. It's okay to make some sacrifices and compromises now and then,but it's also paramount to set boundaries.Be assertive,and learn to say "no" at times.When people realize you aren't a pushover,they'll adjust their behavior.They will treat you according to what you tolerate

Make sure you understand the difference between being kind,and being taken advantage of

5) Controlling Behavior

Some people like to dominate every aspect of your life.But remember,you are an individual. A person with your own way of thinking ,behaving and dressing. You have your own opinions and views. So never allow anyone to have the power and control over your moods,thoughts,emotions and state of mind.Don't become a hostage to someone else’s control,or they'll take complete control over who you are as an individual . This will eventually lead you to lose your own identity

When a person attempts to control some else's life, it only reflects the lack of control they have of their own

6 ) Manipulative Behavior

Manipulation is an emotionally unhealthy psychological strategy used by people who have absolutely no regard for other people feelings and lives. Like abuse,there are many different forms of manipulation. Manipulative people are masters of deception,and they draw you in and ensnare you with their cunning manipulative tactics.They persistently test your boundaries,and prey on your vulnerabilities, emotional sensitivity, your empathy and compassion .The best defense against a manipulative person is to KNOW YOURSELF. Get to know yourself more than anyone else knows you. - Identify your own vulnerabilities ,weakness , insecurities and tune into how you are feeling. By doing so, you'll develop a psychological advantage. Manipulative people are highly perceptive ,and they home on your weaknesses and vulnerabilities.So be very wary of anyone who starts to home in on your weaknesses.Establish and maintain boundaries at all times ,and learn to firmly say "NO".If you find yourself doing things because you feel guilty;responsible ;afraid;obligated or ashamed,it's highly likely you're being manipulated.Once you have identified someone who displays manipulative traits , it's best to cease all contact with that person ,and cut them out of your life completely.Or at the very least have limited contact with them.

When we do not know our true identity,we are susceptible of being used and manipulated

2547
Fitness-Fanatic is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• Awesome My Takes. Yeah I got used before as a tool by some dickheads whom trying to pretend that they were my close friends just trying to steal the work away from me. I'm a musician and they are, too. But since they tried to make friends with me I could see that they only using me for their own purposes. Now those guys got more gigs than I do and that's not fair. Plus there's nothing to change that since we also got dickhead bars whom only entitled to their mindset as Westerners are working effectively more than us the locals. So we literally are stolen from our own job. I do now vow to myself that I will not help and trust anyone anymore. After what happened, this is a life lesson not to me but to all of us.

About negativity? I do have lots of that shit. Funny thing is, I keep acting tough towards people, and they would hate me more trying to avoid me. I don't give a damn. They didn't even give me some respect. So I'd stick with my friends whom already recently gained / earned my trust.

• With rights there's always responsibility, before you wanna be treated with kindness always ask first if you treat others nicely. If you do very few shit happens.

Be polite to everyone, but respect gotta be earned.

Abusing people is not tolerable in any circumstances.

If you try to take credit for things that you have never worked for someone surely will let you know that you aren't that good as you think.

If someone doesn't respect the rules very few would care, but if they don't respect others they will be betrayed cheated and outcunt-ed.

If someone is passive in their own room noone has any intention to break in and control. But if they are enjoying the benefits of a society they gotta cooperate.

If you abuse power you'll be manipulated.

Most Helpful Girls

• Love, love, love this idea of “no-go’s”.

We should all know ours and have them set In stone in our boundaries. I wish I knew about personal boundaries at 19.

While not everyone’s list will be the same, once you know what yours are, you save yourself trouble down the line.

With dating or friendships, once you know yours it’s easy to just say, nope, when first getting to know people.

These traits present themselves within the first few meetings and interactions, when people are on their best behavior.

It isn’t a one time slip. Sometimes you can make it clear with a friend or colleague who is testing your boundaries that it isn’t acceptable and they respect that.

But with dating if they present bad behavior on a second or third date best to walk away.

Also observing how they treat others is important.

Great take!

• Disrespect toxicity negativity

Sometimes you will have disagreements with people who matter

Or people who matter will have bad days

Or you have to deal with people you’d rather not

Or there is a misunderstanding and you were not being abused but you took off too soon to ever resolve anything...

There isn’t really anything constructive here.. ideally we wouid not have to deal with “bad” stuff in life, but since we DO have to and we do, we need to learn _how_... walking away at the first sign of discord- won’t get anyone anywhere and no one actually functions this way.

Resiliency reason conflict resolution skills diplomacy wit a healthy sense of irony and a commitment to solving problems rather than just feeling better - in my opinion will get you father then being able to run away the Second you feel bad.

• Very good points if you have a healthy relationship with one bad hump or two.

My point is more, if the guy presents bad behavior on the first several dates or months, run don’t walk. You can stick around and think you’ll be the one who is different, but you aren’t.

If he can’t even control his behavior during the small amount of time he spends with you while trying to court you, lookout.

I’m not saying this because I was quick enough and wise enough to always “bale” or however you see it. I speak from the experience of failing to do so at least three times when I was really young.

It becomes pretty obvy as you age mature that he isn’t going to bring good things into your life.

Join the discussion

2345
  • Great myTake! 👍🏼👍🏼
    Personally I do not tolerate disrespect, racism, discrimination, abuse of power, and narcissism. 😊

• Very true. Great take!

• WAY too general and subjective to be useful. "Disrespect" is especially overused, as is "negativity". So, you only hang out with cheerful sycophants? Oh, but you din't want to be manipulated, either; so even they are right out...

• Yeah, talk about how you don't take this shit from anyone, but I bet you all take it from your boss every single day and never even dream about sticking up for yourself.

• The "negativity" one bothers me a bit because it's most often said by people who can't handle criticism.

When people say "I cut negativity out of my life", I often discover that they are often just emotionally reactionary and can't handle someone not being too jazzed about the other person's attitude.

I personally believe cutting our negativity just weakens emotional resiliency, and just creates an echo chamber for yourself.

But that's just my take on it.

• Couldn't agree more! Back in a day people used constructive criticism. These days any difference in opinion is label as negativity and the individual is called a hater.

• These are all traits that could be measured on a sliding scale. Not everything is either black or white. It seems to also imply that someone that’s not identical to you, in terms of thought, is negative.

• You are right i would say that manipulative behaviour could be done in a good way though.

I used to be very shy and never speak to anyone, so previous colleagues and bosses would manipulate me into situations of public speaking and presentations to force me to have practice, at the time i hated them for it but eventually appreciated what they did as it was a good thing.

• Some good things in there, but...
    "Disrespect" ... I've seen tempers flare to the point of extreme violence over one person's subjective view of being "disrespected". It's a tricky place sometimes and you have to allow for it.
    "NEVER compromise your 'boundaries'? Hmmm... that happens all the time, otherwise it's not a compromise.
    The rest I would simply say is intuitively obvious to the casual observer.

• In theory, true. But in practice, that can be quite difficult. Fir example: The key to manipulative behavior is it's so tricky to spot. And do you really need all your friends to be 100% positive all the time?

• I agree with everything but negativity
    Life has both positive and negative things and to purposely ignore one side just because you can't deal with it isn't a good coping method.

Don't let negativity bring you down but don't ignore those who are negative they could be trying to help you avoid problems with overconfidence, overpride or having your head in the clouds.

• 1) Being lied to about how good cheese is
    2) Who was really the one that dealt it
    3) Lying about the obvious greatness that is day drinking
    4) Arguing that Fallout 76 wasn't a great idea executed terribly - it was
    5) Making lists of 6 entries or more
    6) Trolling on lists

• Bring up good points, but people are all too quick to jump the gun on some of these things. I was called abusive and controlling by my ex's mom because I didn't want her hanging out with someone she had sex with prior to me lol. People are also just human, and have bad days... so are you going to cut someone out of their life just because they're down on their luck that week? No, of course not.

• Points 1), 2) and 3) are ambiguous as there's no universally acknowledge idea of respect and negativity, you might as well call anything legitimate yet disliked by you as such.

Points 4), 5) and 6) are valid but a lot of people will agree, close this window and have no idea how nor when to apply it.

• I disagree with 3 sometimes people need negativity in their life. it humbles them. Also sometimes people need to hear the harsh truth which can be negative. You need people around you who tell you what you need to hear not what you want to hear. But everything else I agree with 👍🏾

• Such things are only found in dreams, in a utopian world...

Miss fit you will never get married or have an etternal marriage if you think like this...

SIMPLY because no one is perfect...

• l like your my take l agree with everything that you say l have been through all of what you say and been cheated on three times in the past with girls l made my mind up to stay single not that l want to die single l would like to date a girl but l would say with me its the trust thing l have everything but no loving l respect all girls/woman then they abuse me and walk all over me

• I usually just ignore people who act that way as I believe silence and patience in the face of such things shows a greater degree of maturity than just trying to argue all the time.

• Negativity may be a bit much but I agree. However, at what level of each example merits the lack of toleration? Also, what if the people who do this the most to you are your parents?

• For me if a woman is a feminist its pretty much an instant rejection.

• I learned the wonderful tactic of just ignoring and walking away.

No need to fight or argue. Works wonders. 😎

• A lot of people continue to do this because they want a reaction. This stuff gets boring when they don't show any sign of being bothered. Arguing with them will only spread more negativity. Sometimes tolerating this is the way to go.

• The irony of posting that on a site like g@g, where most are rude and disrespectful lol.

• Is being called a beaner be disrespectful towards my self? That's what president Donald J. Trump says I am.
    So how can I tolerate racial slurs against me?

• Great take !! I learned a lot of this stuff all over again after my previous relationship. Wild

• Sociopaths. The longer you tolerate them, the worse if cut ties with them.

• And yet women fetishize each and every thing listed on this take..

• 1 extreme lie
    2 physical/emotional abuse
    3 drug habits
    4 crazy toxic friendships
    5 theifs
    6 cheaters/manipulative/never admits when wrong

• Thanks for sharing this reminds me so much of an ex friend and I’m so glad I distanced myself from her because it was getting toxic and she was displaying all these behaviours!

• Most of this stuff I don’t think people actually recognize and they just see it in places where it isn’t.

• Narcissists. Anyone who can’t truly love you because a part of them is missing inside.

• Could have used this advice 8 years ago. Great post.

• If cannot stand it just walk away. Stay there can only inflame the situation further...

• When dealing with people , kl you cannot stop them saying and doing things which affect you. If you stand your ground , it could turn ugly. Only thing you can do is say sorry im leaving …..

• Your identity is not limited to yourselves.
    Also people have their emotions pride and respect attached with you.

• wheres the question at dillweed? this is just a femenist guide

• Don't let it happen and, in case you missed it... don't do it, either.

• I agree with everything. Also you should never tolerate compulsive liars and cheating and curry farts lol

• what if the people who do this to you were you're parents?

• I disagree with number 3: negativity but the rest I agree with you on.

• I wish this was made 2 years age. I really wish I knew some of those things back then.

• I don't tolerate Throwing shit when pissed and bullying

• Sometimes you deserve to be disrespected, just need to point that out.

• I don't agree with negativity. It can motivate you to improve yourself.

• Too late I've tolerated all of this except the abuse part, thankful ly

• For me only one, interference in my private life not needed.

• These sound like traits women have

• All sounds like my ex-wife.

• Great list

• Well done!

• ‼️❤️‼️❤️‼️❤️

• I love this and I agree!

Show More
18