Overthinking Kills Your Happiness

Overthinking Kills Your Happiness

This Take is going to be about thinking - overthinking. Why do we do it? How does it affect us? Do we need to avoid it?

Overthinking is surely sometimes painful, so better quit doing it.

What is overthinking actually

On Urban dictionary it is described as following:

The art of creating problems that weren't even there.
I was overthinking the test and made it harder on my self.

Overthinking Kills Your Happiness

How to know you are overthinking too much:

Overthinking Kills Your Happiness

-You might have difficulty in falling asleep. This happens because they think too much and their brain are progressing so much that it is not able to cool down.

-If you fear your future, you are definitely doing it.

-You analyze every detail. Too much. This you do because you want to control everything.

Overthinking Kills Your Happiness

-If you fear failure. This is why you avoid it to the last bit, usually you end up doing nothing.

-You are probably also constantly second guessing. You want to make the right decision and fear the failure.

-If you suffer from frequent headaches you probably are overthinking a lot.

-You have often stiff muscles and joints from all the thinking.

-If you feel fatigued a lot without any clear reason, it might be you are overthinking.

-You have difficulty in staying in the presence.

-Last but not least: People tell you to stop overthinking.

(SEE MORE)

Overthinking Kills Your Happiness

How to stop overthinking

Overthinking Kills Your Happiness

First of all: you need to know you are doing it and when you most likely overthink. If you understand you start overthinking step back and calm down. The answer to that situation will most likely come after you have relaxed a little. Change the way you think about the results. Instead of thinking what might go wrong, think what might go right!

Do something that makes you happy, when you feel stuck overthinking. Distract your thoughts with a hobby you like or maybe meeting your friends. When you are working, put a timer on for how long you have to think and when you need to really focus on doing. You can also try to put things into perspective and maybe ask yourself: will this all matter in five years?

Overthinking Kills Your Happiness

We need to understand, that no one is perfect. Do not expect yourself to be either. It is just impossible. Humans are always imperfect. Accept that you too have your limits and you can only do your best, which is enough.

You need to understand that you can not know what future brings, even though that would definitely be cool and helpful in some situations - others maybe scary too. You should accept that no one can predict the future and things will sometimes go wrong, it is normal. Be grateful of the things that go right rather than hung up on those that went wrong. Life is always full of ups and downs, that is just a sign that we are living.

(SEE MORE)

Overthinking Kills Your Happiness

Thank you for reading! :)

1122
whyisitso is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• I think there is a difference between overthinking and thinking much.

Top management usually need to thinking much. And they are smart enough not to overthink.

To the extent, their thinking process is "efficient and effective" and very creative.

However that does not mean they will not experience fatigue or headaches or sleeplessness. So some of your points may not apply in general.

While overthinking (your contextual definition) is a vice, the similar vein of able to think to become creative is actually a great metal exercise.

I believe I could be viewed as an overthinker by some. But I do believe I an thinking much.

• Overthinking is good if done in an innovative way as in during it for education. But other than that overthinking leads to drama and lot of shit. More than solving problems it creates more problems which were not even existing.
    Overthinkers live in their own Fantasyland where they think or assume some things are happening even tho it might not be. These people feel depressed a lot and no one can help them out. They self blame and creates unnecessary mess of a normal situation.
    Hope I made myself clear, if not read it again.
    Have a good day :)

Most Helpful Girls

• Great take. Most people , if not everyone , will relate to overthinking too much . We all do it at times

• honestly i overthink WAYYY too much before starting an art piece

• Overthinking is required for good art. Even doing something in which you are interested, then overthinking is no harm.

• I think a lot during making the art. But putting thoughts in art is just a good thing and makes it better.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 20

• Anxiety is a bitch. I don't know what starts first. I overthink because of anxiety or have anxiety because of overthinking.

• Great take. Overthinking is a mix of OCD and the simple fact that you have too much time on your hands. When you sit around obsessing on something it is most likely that you don't have anything real to occupy your time. So, prioritize what you spend your energy on and only spend time on things that do positive things for yourself. Over thinking is a form of mental masturbation and so is gag. lol

• Overthinking leads to a lack of action, which means to a lack of growth... because growth comes through experiencing life and learning from failures and successes.

I used to be a overthinker... always trying to find the perfect way to execute something.

Let loose! Don’t be afraid to make mistakes!

• Intelligent people are prone to it. Emotionally intelligent by the way.

• Yeah, and me being an highly sensitive person it makes sense that I'm also overthinking all the time.

• You just have to understand what "for their/your own good" means and to know when to use it.

• I overthink all the time. I am even overthinking that I am overthinking.

• Aww, this is probably what all overthinkers do. Even I do that sometimes. As I did while writing this.

• Good take. Most of the time, if I have to ask myself if I am overthinking something, I am. If I go with my initial gut instinct, things usually work out for the better.

• Good take.

It is all about balance. Overthinking is bad, not thinking enough is also bad.

• Strongly disagree.
    You write: Overthinking Kills Your Happiness
    I read: Don't think, be as everyone else.
    How about…no? :-)
    I think about stuff. About eventual results of my actions. Guess what, it helps.
    This reality, given how probability works, is basically against you. Example: have sheet of papers. Like 10 of them. Throw them in the air. You expecting them neatly fall to that stack again. I expect just some disordered chaos. Who of us will be right? And it's like this pretty much with everything.
    If I allow myself to just…produce imperfect results, I'll never be better. I expect nothing less, than perfection from myself. There is no need to make mistakes. :-)

• I did not say thinking but overthrowing. Read the take and feel free to think with your own brain. :)

• @ROCKS128 Yo, sup?
      You're athe guy with 2^7 in his nick, which is appretiated and noted. And also the only one commenting to that question to this day. It will stay like that, I assume.

• Its fine by me...

• True, its like meeting a girl , she like you you like her , but instead of thinking what if this happens or this, just get on and enjoy the moment …
    If you don't you can end up being very lonely …...

• Or does it? Let me think about it for a while and get back to you.

Overthinking definitely kills my happiness, or I guess it would be more accurate to say overthinking aborted my happiness.

• Nice take
    Most people over think once in a while it is normal lol
    But sometimes people go off board, and it might ruin so many things

• I'm a thoughtful individual, it tires me, and I sleep like a baby.

• Thinking is an active human part.
    We think ALL time, conscious and at sub-conscious levels.
    Some people do think more.
    Its just like people who are not exercising their body, some are exercising, some are doing very much! Nothing wrong in that unless they can take it.
    Now switch body and brain, brain in fact has more capabilities!
    You know over-thinking is not always negative! Its good, the evolution!
    It is also positive many times. It may create problems, but it does have at least one solution to every problem!
    It was the way be became elder. We can't easily control it, seriously!
    Those who claim they were over-thinkers and now are not over-thinkers are liers!
    I believe we should go ourselves in the way path is leading us (unless they are evil or bad). Not that we dont have other way. But why choose other path when we are set at one.

• You can easily see most people are over-thinkers here. They may deny it, but at a point everyone thinks over!
      The quarrel, the future posts, the insecurity questions, the "my takes" especially, the endless discussion on one's opinions, these are ALL the result of overthinking.

Tell me someone who has written a "mytake" without over-thinking. And if so tell me they dont think very much on what opinions they got to their post?
      They argue, try to understand, make others understand, brain is used more than required in here all times.
      Over-thinkers are more actually.
      Those who don't over think, I guess dont use such social sites!😂😂😂😂

• I overthink way too much. It definitely ruins my happiness. Thanks for sharing.

• it prevents me from being stupid... CHEERS to that.

• I 200% agree with this

• I overthink all the time and often can't stop.

• Okay, that wasn't a garbage display

• yes
    you're such a virgin

• Feminism made the world worser and terrible. Most people suffer illnesses due to stress feminism created. Usa created 3. wave feminism. Fascist Usa and its women are the biggest problem and threat to the rest of the world. Fascist Usa spread hate and problems to the rest of the world. Feminism and femdom should be banned comletely. Thats the only thing people can live happy.

What Girls Said 9

• Awesome take! I do that, a lot. Your tips are helpful.

• Yeah i agree with this & i struggle with overthinking a lot

• I like how the head explodes in the first pic.😊

• Me

Great take!

• Good take

• Good take

• Yes! :(

• I tend to overthink too much wnen it come sto liking a guy as I foreseen things

• This post is too long. You are overthinking it.