1 mo

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

I know not everyone believes in Astrology, be it Western or Chinese but I thought it would be fun to write about the Chinese zodiacs. So, here's just a little take about the Chinese Zodiac signs.

For those that don't know much about it, Chinese Astrology goes by the year you were born instead of the month, like Western Astrology does.

The Chinese Zodiac animals in order
1. Rat

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

2. Ox

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

3. Tiger

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

4. Rabbit

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

5. Dragon

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

6. Snake

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

7. Horse

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

8. Sheep / Goat

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

9. Monkey

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

10. Rooster

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

11. Dog

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

12. Pig

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

The year of each animal ( see what animal you are)

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

Rat-
1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, 2020, 2032
Ox-
1925 ,1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009, 2021, 2033
Tiger-
1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010, 2022, 2034
Rabbit-
1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011, 2023, 2035
Dragon-
1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012, 2024, 2036
Snake-
1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013, 2025, 2037
Horse-
1918, 1930, 1943, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014, 2026
Sheep / Goat -
1919, 1931, 1944, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015, 2027
Monkey-
1920, 1932, 1945, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016, 2028
Rooster-
1921, 1933, 1946, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005, 2017, 2029
Dog-
1922, 1934, 1947, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018, 2030
Pig-
1923, 1935, 1948, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019, 2031

The Four Elements of the animals

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

Wood- Tiger, Rabbit & Dragon
Fire- Snake Horse & Sheep / Goat
Metal- Monkey, Rooster & Dog
Water- Pig, Rat & Ox

Each animal is either Yin or Yang, found out where your animal falls

Yin & Yang

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

Yang- Rat, Tiger, Dragon, Snake, Monkey, Pig

Yin- Ox, Rabbit, Horse, Sheep/ Goat, Rooster, Dog

All of the animal signs fall under what is called a Trine, here is what a Trine is (according to Wikipedia). A Trine is described as

"A trine (abbrev. Tri) is an angle of 120° (1/3 of the 360° ecliptic), an orb of somewhere between 5° and 10° depending on the planets involved. The trine relates to what is natural and indicates harmony and ease. The trine may involve talent or ability which is innate. The trine has been traditionally assumed to be extremely beneficial. When involved in a transit, the trine involves situations that emerge from a current or past situation in a natural way."

Here are the Trine's of each animal and the characteristics that go with it (How accurate is yours? )

The Four Trine's

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs

First Trine- This first trine has Rat, Dragon and Monkey as it's animals. These animal signs are said to be " intense and powerful individuals capable of great good, who make great leaders but are rather unpredictable. "

Some of their other traits are : intelligence, forgiveness, charisma, charm, authoritativeness, confidence, eloquence and being artistic.

Weaknesses include: Being manipulative, jealousy, selfishness, aggressiveness, vindictiveness and deceitfulness.

Second Trine- This second trine has Ox, Snake & Rooster. These animals signs are said to " possess endurance and application, with slow accumulation of energy, meticulous at planning but tending to hold fixed opinions. "

Some of their other traits are: Intelligence, being hard working, modesty, industriousness, loyalty, being philosophical, patience, being good hearted and being morally upright.

Weaknesses Include: Self-righteousness, being egotistical, being vain, being judgmental, narrow- mindedness and pettiness.

Third Trine- This third trine has Tiger, Horse & Dog. These animals are said to "seek true love, to pursue humanitarian causes, to be idealistic and independent but tending to be impulsive. "

Some of their other traits are : Productiveness, enthusiasm, independence, being engaging, being dynamic. They are also honorable, loyal and protective.

Weaknesses Include: Being rash, rebellious and quarrelsome. They can also be anxious, disagreeable and stubborn.

Fourth Trine- This fourth and last trine has the Rabbit, Sheep & Pig. These animals signs are said to "have a calm nature and somewhat reasonable approach; they seek aesthetic beauty and are artistic, well-mannered and compassionate, yet detached and resigned to their condition. "

Some of their other traits are: Being caring, self- sacrificing and obliging. They also have sensibility, creativeness, tactfulness, are empathetic and prudent.

Weaknesses Include: Naivety, being pedantic, insecurity, selfishness, indecisiveness and pessimism.

Well, this concludes my little take about Chinese Astrology, I hope that you enjoyed it. Be sure to mention in comments which Chinese Zodiac animal you are. :)

A Little Take About the Chinese Zodiacs
23
7

Have An Opinion?

Most Helpful Guys

• Vallius86

It's different depending on where you read about it. I used to read that horses dogs and tigers got along with each other the best and I've actually found this to be true. Also something he didn't talk about it at the elements indicate what year it is in conjunction with the animal. For example my birth year was the year of the fire tiger 12 years later it would be the year of the tiger again but with a different element.

Is this still revelant?
  • genericname85

interesting take :D intriguing what intricate bullshit people come up with when they have too much time on their hands and no social media/tv/videogames to waste that time xD

Is this still revelant?
    • Actually, I read a book about it that I got from the Library and then bought the book for myself. That's how I got into, has nothing to do with being bored. I find any type of Asia culture interesting.

• lol i didn't mean you. i meant those people who came up with this and wrote the books, not you.

• Oh, sorry. My mistake.

Most Helpful Girl

• SexyAshh

so cool! Very in depth.

Funny im 1994 and my boyfriend is is 1982, both “dogs”. Explains our nature pretty well, well his at least. I definatly see myself more towards 4th trines detachment and first trines unpredictability

Is this still revelant?

621
  • WhiteSteve

This was much more informative than the menus at Chinese restaurants!😜

Year of the G. O. A. T., boyyyyyyy!!!🐐😎🏆😝

• mooky06

omg XD

• WhiteSteve

@mooky06 I totally blew the joke though, it was the PLACEMATS, not the menus that had the zodiac stuff on it lmao🤦‍♂️😅😂

• mooky06

bhaha i still got it though XD still.

What a crack up

• yucychan

I like it. But as with astrology, it is to be taken with a pinch of salt.
    In the end, it is still up to one to fight for what he/she wants.

• Meditatingsquirrel79

My mom taught me this when I younger. I am the Sheep. 1979. She was and now deep into Horoscope and Chinese Zodiacs. I am very creative. I was a writer back then. I am still creative. And does traits and Weaks, yup.
    Great teaching, LoveisBeautiful

• Passinggas

With all of the skepticism surrounding zodiac I find it interesting that the East and the West came up with two different zodiacs independently and that both predict my same identical element. Informative take…

• I'm a rat :) and that is a very interesting and detailed take on the various signs and their meanings

• Zorax

I'm a Dragon, Chinese zodiac is my favorite. My western sign is Gemini, and my ascendant is Virgo.

• Curmudgeon

"The Four Elements of the animals"

Wait--i am seeing five points in that star model.

• yoganshB

I checked online and found that-ox, dragon, sheep/goat& dog relate to earth. Besides this everything is okay

• Holy_Ghost_Fire

Zodiacs are of the devil. God reminded us that we should not seek the heavens for answers but seek Him alone.

• DiegoO

Whenever you look for your Chinese Zodiac signs, it has to be according to the Chinese calendar or we can use the gregorian one?

• Gregorian

• DiegoO

@saeyamazaki Then I am the horse.

• Curmudgeon

I was about to ask the same. Given their lunar new year is February or so, people born in the beginning of Gregorian Year would be the pervious sign?

• blondfrog

I am the goat but my western zodiac is sagittarius.

• yoganshB

Same here. I'm a 'Brahman' - and an Indian. I know A LOT ABOUT Indian astrology as Brahmans are the one who have been doing the sacred acts of astrological prediction & remedial procedures since known. I am interested to know the culture of other people in the world.☺

• Poormanscomedian

my birthday is Dec 11th 1968, tell me when I am going to be a millionaire

• 0uttaLuck

Rooster... I do find it ironic the 69 is the year of the cock

• sageevalentinee

Cute but I'm not into zodiacs

• Noobweps

Where are my fellow Dragons at?

• Jammers14

This is awesome!
    Horse 🐎

• OldSchool_Metalhead

Im the dragon :)

• bimmy5000

I'm a dog,

• I am a sheep/goat.

• OrangeBoy2

Any rat here?

• jolospongebob

Im a fire Yin goat what does that mean

• Tomriss

A pig 🐷 🙃 The explanation kinda fit me tho

• monkeynutts

Thanks, I did not know much about it.

• Ox here and I'm glad because i like horns.

• pizzalovershouse

I go with my sign April in America

• Nayrr

I'm a dragon

• Nayrr

First trine is pretty accurate

• annamolly87

Im a rabbit

• Anonymous

it;s part of the Enochian Calender