Should I tell my family my brother in law molested me when I was a kid?

A long time ago, my sisters husband molested me when I was around 7-9 years old.
i didn't tell anyone back then because I didn't know it was a bad thing.
i didn't even remember or realize how bad it was till I was 14. And then I just thought it was too late to tell anyone.
but I have been thinking about it a lot lately. I feel like I should tell someone.

The thing is they have a child together. If I told them, my sister would probably break up with him and she would be left a single mother. And he would probably never even see his kid. I would break up a family... and I break up a couple that has been together for 18 years.. I don't feel like it's even worth ruining a family over something that happened over 10 years ago.

Im also nervous that it would happen to their daughter, who is 3.
Plus I have a 13 year old niece, it could of happened to her too. She seems to dislike him, maybe that dislike came from him molesting her? I don't know. It's hard to tell them. But I think I will try

1515

Most Helpful Girl

• You wouldn't be his first and only there would definitely be other victims and future victims.
    Two of aunties were molested by their brother inlaw. He also molested his 2 nieces , his own 3 daughters, daughters friends and the neighbors kids. He is a monster. 18 women came forward but only 11 of them were strong enough to take him to court.
    Think not only about yourself but think of the other potential victims.
    Did they have a boy or a girl?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• A classmate was put up to something like this in her childhood, she is 15 now but earlier this year she found out her whole family has been molested by that 1 person and they all held it secret for the whole time.. You should really share it with her, that girl is miserable right now, if you have the chance don't let it reoccur, it's difficult for people around them to even see them the same way sometimes :(

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE