Why do some strangers think it's okay to tell people to smile?

I mean you don't know the person, and they can't have a smile plastered on their 24/7 just to please you. Like, why aren't you thinking?

Thank you for all of your answers, I had no idea the question would get featured 😋. So what I have concluded is just don't get upset when I get told to smile. Just keep it to myself. Because everyone has a different way of approaching things.

4394

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Maaaan it infuriates me. When I was working in hospitality and men would tell me I need to smile or whatever I would seeeeeethe.

The classics:
    "You're much more beautiful when you smile"
    "A smile wouldn't hurt"
    "Smile, its not that bad!"

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Let's print out a random smile and tape it over our mouths. We'll look beautiful too ❤️

• Haha well done!

• 😁👍🏼