Do you consider overconfidence unattractive?

How do you tell when someone is being overconfident? What does overconfidence look like to you?

• Yes it's unattractive
  • No it's not unattractive or attractive
  • I consider it attractive
    Vote C
  • I think confidence is attractive, and overconfidence is even more attractive
    Vote D

930

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. Being confident is a plus with women. But overconfidence seems conceited and implausible. Some but not all people with those symptoms have an undiagnosed narcissistic personality disorder. Watch out

Most Helpful Girl

• I cannot stand arrogance, point blank period. Plus I think it's funny (well, actually sad) when people act so arrogant but can't even back it up and don't realize they're not really as "hot" or whatever as they think they are

What Guys Said 29

• To me, confidence is knowing you are good enough, and finding contentment in that. Overconfidence is knowing you are good and feeling the need to puke self-praise down everyone's ears.

Really, over-confident people only come off as jerks. Like, eat some humble pie and shut up, dammit.

• If it borders on cocky, yes it's unattractive. If they think they're perfect and can't do any wrong, yep, unattractive. But if it's just general confidence and not caring about what others think so much, it's very attractive.

• Over confidence leads into arrogance. A very unattractive trait that has been fatal for some I've known.

• Narcissists are annoying.

• Confidence is confidence anything more is called arrogance and it's a turn off. If you're good at something you don't need to boast about it, everyone knows it anyway.

• If it's to the point where your looking down on other people then yes its unattractive but if you just mean in your self then I think thts hot, everyone especially women should love themselves & be able to express that fully w/out being labeled a bitch (males too w/out being seen as jerks, or assholes)

• I can't really see it as unattractive on girls. What would a over confident girl do that makes her seem arrogant?

• Yes it's unattractive

• confident people are attractive but over confident is kinda weird. such people lose respect

• Arrogance is not attractive. Makes me think I can't rely on you. But it's also super satisfying to turn arrogant people down.

• Yeah, it makes people seem like a dick.

• Confidence..
    Cockiness..
    Overconfidence..
    Arrogance..

Pick a name and stick with it.

• ehh I think people are attracted to that. I've confident and overconfident and got a lot of attention from women when I was overconfident. im not that guy anymore and it's boring lol no attention for a regular dude

• Confidence is attractive but over confidence can be unattractive. It depends. If the person is snobby over confident then yes that is very unattractive.

• Isn't that arrogance? If so, highly unattractive.

• Overconfidence is better than underconfidence, because it leads to better results. Also confidence is an attractive trait, whether it's justified or not.

• Yes it's unattractive

• It's better to overestimate than underestimate yourself, if that's the best they can do.

• Yes, nothing worse than a arrogant person.

• I find it really attractive if a girl is confident. Knows what she wants and isn't ashamed of it.
    She likes you? She'll tell you, she wants to make out? She'll grab you and make out. Etc

• It depends, usually overconfidence brings arrogance... Though, if not, I think it could be attractive

• The line is pretty blurry. It depends person to person but there definitely is a point where you can go to far. Just don't be an ego-centric douche

• Overconfident as ego and arrogance?

• It looks like a drunk wanker trying to do a backflip and ending up upside down, bricking himself.

• Yes it's arrogant, just be a normal person.

• Actually no it's good to know what you suck at are good and what you are best at. in my opinion

• Yes mam

• I feel like it can be very attractive

What Girls Said 8

• Satirical overconfidence is rather charming, but an actual inflated ego, sense of entitlement, and inconsideration towards other people... pretty damn unattractive.

• Yes, to much confidence is arrogant which is unattractive definitely, though i'd prefer that to someone with little confidence personally.

• I love confidence in people, but by "over" confidence, I am assuming you mean arrogant, and I do like arrogance in people at all.

• it's hella annoying

• You can't be overly confident - you can only be arrogant or prideful which is not true confidence. I know two extremely confident guys who are also extremely humble, respectful and compassionate. True confidence involves knowing you don't measure up and need to improve - that is called dignity, integrity and confidence all in one.

• Not my fault I'm better than everyone and all other humans are beneath me.

• Over confidence is noy unattractive, being egoist is.

• If the person is genuinely nice then a bit of overconfidence won't make it a turn off, but I'll accept that he has his own down sides and this is one of them.

But of the person is shitty and arrogant then no. It's a major turn off.