Is song "it's raining men" patriarchal, heteronormative and sexist?

It assumes that all girls want men. All girls don't want men.- patriarchal and sexist

It also assumes that only women want men. What about gay and bi guys?
What about genderfluid pansexuals who are into men? - heteronormative
  • Yes, this is a offensive song
  • I'm already triggered
  • Not offensive
    Vote C
  • 42 is the answer
    Vote D

629

Most Helpful Guy

• How do you get that? If men ogle and so called "objectify" women, its because men are sexist pigs. IF women ogle and so called "objectify" men, its because men are sexist pigs. That's kind of bullshit. If anything its matriarchal as it objectifies men as men have been objectified through out our culture and history as we have been seen as a utility rather then people (hence forced conscription). I personally don't ascribe to the notion of objectification but you have a better argument for this being yet another incident of women objectifying men then it some how being sexist towards women. Even your view of this some how being sexist towards women shows how little you/society cares about men. Also heteronormative isn't a thing, heterosexuality IS the norm so its not some kind of false normal, its just normal. Now to be fair, I am guessing this is a joke on your part, however I cannot assume that because, well so many out their think like this. Its quite mind boggling.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • To understand feminist doctrine, you must understand the core belief is that all women are helpless children/subordinates and only men can be actors/superiors. That's the only way men can be blamed for all that is wrong with the world while simultaneously being given none of the credit for any of the good. Otherwise, the wheels fall off the misandrist bandwagon and feminist theory crumbles.

• @BigAl1982 Oh I am well acquainted with feminist doctrine, not a big fan. And yes that's about how it works.