Does anyone else feel like they don't relate or get along with people their age?

I don't really get along with people my age. I personally think they are too immature and disrespectful. I get along better with people who are older than me. Like when I have a conversation with someone in their late twenties or thirties, it is a good convo but if I have a convo with someone my age or in their early twenties I usually don't like talking to them. There are some people my age I like talking to but for the most part I can't stand them.

1745

Most Helpful Guys

• I think that this is incredibly common and normal, and especially common for girls of... well "your age." But it is really more about being a young girl. Young girls fall into a unique category of being generally prepared for a more adult life than guys of their age, but lack the social structures to meet other people more broadly.

Women at 40 don't experience this. Men at no age experience this. It is uniquely girls in their late teens who have matured, in life at least, to a point that they are ready to leap into adult things. But boys that age are still building up to that point.

So while it might "seem" like an 18 yo girl should date an 18 yo boy for the best "match", it's not at all true. First, because girls are generally more mature at that point. But second because girls seek maturity. So it is generally, actually, a terrible matching.

Once you are older the boys will catch up and you'll notice this disappear.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I'm with you on that. Older people have more interesting/varying stories/more perspective. Most of the most enjoyable conversations I've had are with people in their 50s or so.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel the same way it's weird like you and the people your age aren't even from the same millinum or something it's actually sad

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE