Why do so many young women treat their boyfriends like crap?

All of the girls I know that have boyfriends treat them like scum. They're very demanding and treat their boyfriend like they're a doofus and complete idiot. Also the boyfriend usually just take the treatment. Explain to me this relationship dynamic.
Hmm...lots of good answers here. There's 3 that I like.

29

Most Helpful Guy

• They do this because they can?

Most of young women got this "me, me, me" stance - they are all about what the guy should give to HER, what he should be like, what he should do, but never the other way - what SHE should do and be like to him!

Just now I found a question here, one girl considered to break-up with her boyfriend because he didn't buy her a soda, for cryin' out out!'

The saddest part is that those guys actually tolerate it, they are desperate to get laid not just because they're horny, girls also are horny, the thing is that males face an enormous pressure from their peers and the society to get laid, so it becomes a central element of their life and girls willfully exploit it.

Maybe some guys do deserve it... players CAN be played - if a girl keeps getting little favours from him all the time but at the same time not giving sex while the player keeps trying and hoping - she was succeeded and he got right now what he deserves

The bad part is that such dynamics hurt a lot of other people of both genders - it damages the reputation of guys, aka "they're just only after one thing" and it drags down a lot of girls - as guys in general because of such stories became way more hesitant when it comes to approaching thus many good girls don't even have a chance given to them despite they did nothing wrong at all.