You may be wondering if your boyfriend is faithful to you. Maybe he's spending less time with you, is treating you differently, being super secretive, or not putting effort into the relationship anymore. However, it's best to ask him questions, examine his behavior and look for evidence before you accuse him of cheating.
Method 1: Examining his behaviour
1. Determine if he's over protective of his phone. Does he takes calls in another place or room? Does he gets annoyed when he finds you looking at his phone? Does he always picks up the calls before you could? He may be cheating.
2. Pay attention to his normal routine. You know what he does everyday. If he starts hanging out with his guy friends more, studying late, working late nights, he may be cheating on you. As you will no longer be a priority.
3. Notice if he becomes more secretive. Does he closes the door when you are around? He will begin to distance from you. Does he hangs out with people you don't know? If you ask him how was his day or where he's going, do you always get short replies with no details? He may be cheating.
4. Notice if he has become less affectionate. Is he uninterested in cuddles, kisses, hugs, etc but was interested before? He may be cheating on you. Keep in mind that he could be less affectionate due to stress or health issues.
5. Look for any behaviour that's out of the ordinary. He may begin to change his behaviour as he feels guilty about cheating, typical changes include:
Buying gifts for no reason.
Going out of his way to be helpful and caring.
(These two changes are less accurate as they also indicate that he's head over heels in love with you!)
Being more moody.
Smelling differently (e.g. another person's perfume or cologne)
Paying extra attention to his appearance.
Lying about things that are both big and small.
Saying different phrases that he would usually not (Other person's effect).
Keep in mind that cheating isn't the only explanation for unusual behaviour.
Method 2: Evaluating your relationship
1. Asses the amount of time you spend together. Notice any changes in the amount of time you are spending together. Did you go from seeing each other four times a week to only once a week with no explanation?! Talk to your boyfriend about this change before assuming he's cheating.
2. Determine the quality of your interactions. If your interactions have gone from fun and pleased to constant arguing, he may be spending time with someone else OR could be stressed about other issues and taking it out on you.
3. Evaluate your boyfriend's interest. Boyfriend may seem uninterested in you and the relationship. Is he very nonchalant when he deals with you? Do you always have to make plans and thInk of date ideas? Do you always have to call or text him first? Does he not give you any input when you ask him about the things you two can do together? Is he not very talkative or attentive when you are together (Doesn't apply to shy or anti social guys)
4. Listen to your gut! You may feel that something is not right between you two.
5. Talk to him. Like, 'Hey, you seem a bit anxious and stressed now a days, are you okay?' or 'Hey, I think our relationship has become less exciting, what do you think?'
Method 3: Looking for evidence
1. Examine his social media. Be very confident with your suspicions before you do this as you are invading his privacy and he'll be upset if he finds out what you did.
Look for other social media places that you may not know, as he might be using them to talk with the other person.
2. Talk to his friends. If he told you that he went with a friend on Wednesday night, ask that friend "Hey, did you and _____ had a good time on Wednesday?" His friends may begin to act differently around you. If they know what is going on, they'll be uncomfortable around you.
3. Catch him in a lie. Ask him where he was one day. After a few days, ask him about it again. If he's lying, he may find it hard to remember what he said first time.
If he becomes defensive or annoyed that you keep asking him questions, he may be cheating on you. But if he is telling the truth, he won't be bothered about the questions.
4. Go through his phone. Use this as a last resort! If he has no text messages or calls, he has deleted them as he's up to something (Cheating, of course!) He might tell you that he has a habit of deleting all the texts and calls.
That's it. Stay safe and happy! Thank you for reading!