3 Methods to Know if Your Boyfriend is Cheating on You

You may be wondering if your boyfriend is faithful to you. Maybe he's spending less time with you, is treating you differently, being super secretive, or not putting effort into the relationship anymore. However, it's best to ask him questions, examine his behavior and look for evidence before you accuse him of cheating.

Method 1: Examining his behaviour

1. Determine if he's over protective of his phone. Does he takes calls in another place or room? Does he gets annoyed when he finds you looking at his phone? Does he always picks up the calls before you could? He may be cheating.

2. Pay attention to his normal routine. You know what he does everyday. If he starts hanging out with his guy friends more, studying late, working late nights, he may be cheating on you. As you will no longer be a priority.

3. Notice if he becomes more secretive. Does he closes the door when you are around? He will begin to distance from you. Does he hangs out with people you don't know? If you ask him how was his day or where he's going, do you always get short replies with no details? He may be cheating.

4. Notice if he has become less affectionate. Is he uninterested in cuddles, kisses, hugs, etc but was interested before? He may be cheating on you. Keep in mind that he could be less affectionate due to stress or health issues.

5. Look for any behaviour that's out of the ordinary. He may begin to change his behaviour as he feels guilty about cheating, typical changes include:

Buying gifts for no reason.

Going out of his way to be helpful and caring.

(These two changes are less accurate as they also indicate that he's head over heels in love with you!)

Picking fights.

Being more moody.

Smelling differently (e.g. another person's perfume or cologne)

Paying extra attention to his appearance.

Lying about things that are both big and small.

Saying different phrases that he would usually not (Other person's effect).

Keep in mind that cheating isn't the only explanation for unusual behaviour.

Method 2: Evaluating your relationship

1. Asses the amount of time you spend together. Notice any changes in the amount of time you are spending together. Did you go from seeing each other four times a week to only once a week with no explanation?! Talk to your boyfriend about this change before assuming he's cheating.

2. Determine the quality of your interactions. If your interactions have gone from fun and pleased to constant arguing, he may be spending time with someone else OR could be stressed about other issues and taking it out on you.

3. Evaluate your boyfriend's interest. Boyfriend may seem uninterested in you and the relationship. Is he very nonchalant when he deals with you? Do you always have to make plans and thInk of date ideas? Do you always have to call or text him first? Does he not give you any input when you ask him about the things you two can do together? Is he not very talkative or attentive when you are together (Doesn't apply to shy or anti social guys)

4. Listen to your gut! You may feel that something is not right between you two.

5. Talk to him. Like, 'Hey, you seem a bit anxious and stressed now a days, are you okay?' or 'Hey, I think our relationship has become less exciting, what do you think?'

Method 3: Looking for evidence

1. Examine his social media. Be very confident with your suspicions before you do this as you are invading his privacy and he'll be upset if he finds out what you did.

Look for other social media places that you may not know, as he might be using them to talk with the other person.

2. Talk to his friends. If he told you that he went with a friend on Wednesday night, ask that friend "Hey, did you and _____ had a good time on Wednesday?" His friends may begin to act differently around you. If they know what is going on, they'll be uncomfortable around you.

3. Catch him in a lie. Ask him where he was one day. After a few days, ask him about it again. If he's lying, he may find it hard to remember what he said first time.

If he becomes defensive or annoyed that you keep asking him questions, he may be cheating on you. But if he is telling the truth, he won't be bothered about the questions.

4. Go through his phone. Use this as a last resort! If he has no text messages or calls, he has deleted them as he's up to something (Cheating, of course!) He might tell you that he has a habit of deleting all the texts and calls.

That's it. Stay safe and happy! Thank you for reading!

24
8

Have An Opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• sawno

Future girlfriend, this is for you since i will :
    1. I will lock the door from time to time...
    2. You will never get my passwords...
    3. I will have monthly nightshifts...
    4. I might be in a room calling when your not there...
    5. Might not always be equally affectionate...
    6. Suddenly use a new phrase you didn't hear in your circles...
    7. Chat with people you don't know...

And that is because :
    1. ... I love gaming and when i am fully immersed its just better with nothing from the outside world disrupting. Don't worry, when i am done ill be there for you.
    2. ... Because as an IT geek i know the importance of security and privacy. But don't you worry, if you want ill unlock my phone for you.
    3. ... And i know they suck, but its part of my job. But please don't be upset with me because they make me moody.
    4. ... So you can continue what your doing undisturbed, but if you want me to stay next time just ask.
    5. ... if something else is wrong in my life. But please keep giving your love and ill be able to become my old self again.

But i want you to know that despite all these points, ill never stop loving you. Ill always be honest with you. And the day i start cheating without letting you know, i no longer deserve you.

Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• peachblossomluck

If he's acting like that much of a dick, I would just tell him that maybe we need to take a break from each other. Honestly, I don't need to play detective to catch him trying to get at some other woman. If he is acting like that towards me, I am really not going to want to be with someone like that, put up with it, or play stupid games.

Is this still revelant?

723
  • You missed the important one... YOUR GUT. If it walks like a duck... quacks like a duck.. then it's a fucking duck.

• P0tāsh

Lol wut?

• A sign if your boyfriend is cheating... YOUR GUT.. follow your gut it's usually right.

• P0tāsh

I did put it there.

• OlderAndWiser

When you have looked at all of his social media and his phone and found nothing and you conclude that he has been faithful, what do you do when he learns that you have gone through his phone, etc? "Hey, I've never searched YOUR phone because I trust you, but obviously, you don't trust me."

If you no longer trust your partner, you will not regain trust by searching through his phone. Maybe he has second phone that he uses for the other girl. Maybe he has a different FB account that he use with her. There are always explanations that allow you to continue to be suspicious. . . but if you don't have trust, the relationship is doomed.

• ThisDudeHere

I disagree with him possibly cheating due to a change or routine. He may be just actually hanging out with friends more, or studying late. To assume otherwise without any earlier suspicions suspicions is just paranoid.
    And him not being bothered by the questions if he's not lying is also stretching it. If I were not cheating but she constantly asked these questions I'd be annoyed in the little amount of faith she had in me.

• P0tāsh

I have used 'may be' in everything, I do have mentioned that cheating isn't the only reason for unusual behaviour. ☺ I never said that one should constantly ask the questions, only if one feels suspicious. ☺

• lord_chilled

Well good take.
    For final confirmation do this trick:
    Snuggle up to his chest, listen to his heartbeat and and ask him out of the blue: "is there another woman?"
    Lol, but be sure to know, all guys will be scared at this question since we will think somethings wrong, so a slight increase in heartbeat or a sudden increase and gradual decline shouldn't be taken as a positive. However, if his heart starts racing like he is in the olympic sprint, then you got yourself a cheater

• Unit1

"2. Pay attention to his normal routine. You know what he does everyday. If he starts hanging out with his guy friends more, studying late, working late nights, he may be cheating on you. As you will no longer be a priority."

"typical changes include:

Buying gifts for no reason.

Going out of his way to be helpful and caring."

pfft... following these specific clues deserves no relationship. No offense but stop being stupid.

The rest is OK. Pay more attention to the gut feeling!

• vonasaurus

step 4~ realize that you're the one with the issues and leave him.

suspicious or not, you have no right to violate someone's privacy just because you crave validation. if you go snooping to soothe your paranoia, whatever you find will have the opposite effect... because you have a bunch of data about your partner, without any context.

also, why would you stay with someone you clearly don't trust?

• GraveTruth

There is a much easier way to find out if a guy cheats.

If you picked him in a dirty loud bar screaming at the sports channel because he's the most popular in a crowd. If he meets your height requirements to date and is exciting and obnoxious.

• Belgie

This is the worst kind of advice. Straight out of a Cosmo.

• vonasaurus

oh, ye of little faith... even cosmo wouldn't run this tripe.

• NajemEddine

step 4 : he finds out u have been snooping on him and dumps your ass

• LondonNewYork

If any woman out there is that insecure and suspicious, she should just save herself and the guy a lot of headache and break up. This kind of behavior is paranoid and unhealthy. If I were a guy and found out my girlfriend is doing all that, I would dump her on a spot.

• NatashaJ

OH break up if you suspect they are cheating due to your lack of trust. Saves everyone time and heartbreak.

• likitb4istickit

As a rule of thumb everyone is cheating, some are just better at hiding it than others. Humans just aren't meant to be monogamous, especially the males (that are wired to fertilize as many eggs as possible).

• WBOTB

If males are trying to fertilize as many eggs as possible then females are trying to get their eggs fertilized as much as possible.

• Tony1974

@WBOTB EXACTLY! Women go for security first when they can't get what they want. Then they go for the genes. There's a very good reason 30% of all birth certificates have the wrong daddy.

• WBOTB

@Tony1974 yes. Remember in grammar school when you took tests with the matching column? Well let's say the left side is all men and th right side is all women. Well in order for the men to get with as many women as possible the women have to be with multiple partners as well.

• Giacomanzo

Easy way to know if your boyfriend is cheating on you:
    - Start a relationship with me. Even you will be so disgusted that you will 100% know that I am not cheating on you.

• godfatherfan

The one for women is a lot shorter.
    1) look between her legs, is there a vagina?
    If yes, she is cheating...

• VirginiaBeachBum

Keep it classy and just give him a sniff. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE5YOVCahcQ

• WBOTB

Or non of these situations may be in play and he still can be cheating.

• ProjectBaby1K

I'll remember this next time I want to cheat on my girlfriend. Thanks.

• JustCallMeLeon

Of course, if your relationship is healthy you won't have to do any of these. Good pointers though.

• OrdinaryGentleman

How to fuck up your relationship 101.

• Ali55sven

Lmao @ this take
    Nice

• Browneye57

Acts of desperation. :)

• Daringdeaffighter

Interesting I would say this works both ways

• Anonymous

3 Methods to Know if Your Girlfriend is a Jealous Psychopath

• Anonymous

I'm sure you are blast as a girlfriend.

• Anonymous

my girlfriend used to smell my package when i came home

• Anonymous

3 methods to know if your girl is crazy.

• Anonymous

The guy in the first pic looks so much like a past crush it hurts :(

There are also some interesting body language signs I've heard about: ask a question to your s/o that may put them in a tight spot. And stare at him/ her. If he/ she answers it with their eyebrows raised, like if they were innocent, or if they turn their eyes, like if they were trying to remember something, but to the right when they're right-handed or to the left when they're left-handed, they're most likely lying.

• P0tāsh

I didn't put the pictures, G@G did

• Anonymous

See this is the type of stuff that causes division. Yet they want us to support feminism. "Then divided we will be".

• Anonymous

I'm going to create a take on how to know if your girlfriend is psycho and has horrible trust issues, and just link it to this one.

• Anonymous

Hmmm, another myTake about how men are disgusting pigs, and how almost all of them are cheaters.