3 Signs You Might Be Dating A Cheater

3 SIGNS YOU MIGHT BE DATING A CHEATER

CHEATERS NEVER PROSPER: The saying is recorded from the early 19th century, but a related idea with an ironic twist is found in John Harington's Epigrams of the early 17th century, 'Treason dothnever prosper, what's the reason? For if it prosper, none dare call it treason.' (In the US, the form is often cheaters never prosper.)

Could you be dating a cheater? How would you know? Here are 3 areas of that person's life to really pay attention too.

Moral Compass:

Their moral compass is in question. Do they cross the line on small things in other areas of their life? Do they defend the behavior of cheaters, liars, and thieves? People who have a broken compass usually blame others for everything bad in their lives. They may treat their mother or other family members with disrespect... hence treating you with disrespect down the road.

Overly Accusatory:

Cheaters are likely to get paranoid because they will presume you might have the same urges they do. They want to make sure that even though they are cheating that you don't cheat on them. They believe they love you and are scared themselves in losing you. They may be scratching an itch, or a fetish, or an addiction but internally will need to mask that betrayal which usually appears in jealousy and neediness.

Flirtatious:

They flirt when you are not around to feed that insecurity and internal validation. It gets so bad they forget you are around but still flirt in your presence. They probably didn't do this in the beginning but all of sudden you see this outgoing, flirtatious personality come out. Always craving ego boosts, never happy no matter what you say or give to them....always wanting more and more that they start seeking validation from everyone. They have a temporary state of mind and never thinks about long term on your relationship or future. Changes the subject when serious relationship conversation is discussed.

Changes in behavior are the biggest clue that you might be dating a cheater. Receiving presents or nice gestures may be signs of guilt if suddenly introduced into the relationship. If your intimacy with the person has lessened but all of a sudden explodes with seduction than you might be dating a cheater. Having intimate relations with others stimulates the overall passion for the act and you now become attractive again where before they barely engaged. Knowing the clues and having some self awareness is key. Ignoring or making excuses why the relationship is the way it is usually puts you into denial for time to come.

Thanks for reading.. if you liked this take give it a big fat thumbs up. You can reach me at www.onlinedatingsuperpowers.com

#dating #relationships

2732
coachTanthony is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Most Helpful Girl

• You may want to check yrself on that "moral compass" one.

I mean... Is it ••heartwarming•• to believe that there are Good Guys and Bad Guys out there, just like in the books yr parents read you during childhood storytime?
    And is it an ••ego boost•• on top of that, if you happen to believe you're one of the Good Guys (and, rlly, who subscribes to this whole set of beliefs and DOESN'T group herself/himself in with the Good Guys)?
    ... Yes and yes.

Does it comport with ACTUAL REALITY?
    ... Ahahahhhahaahahaaa.

C'mon dude. You're older than ME, and I'm older than dirt. Shit, I'm older than OLD dirt. You've gotta know better by this point.

I mean, sure, there are gna be some people who are just purely mercenary about everything in their lives. But that's not so much IMMORAL behavior, as just AMORAL behavior.

But, you think this is some sort of universal thing? Shiiiiittt you think there are ANY universals, across the complete spectrum of any one person's behavior? Yeah, nah. Hash tag nope.

Case in point: You may have heard of this one dude from the last century.
    —Totally monogamous with his girlfriend (although he didn't marry her until the day before his death, which he definitely saw coming)...
    — Not to mention a devoted pet lover, who kept his beloved doggo by his side until the moment it all ended.
    — Oh, and, he was also perfectly sober his whole life long — no drugs, no drankin', nothin'. (While not a moral issue, these things are also lifelong ••commitments••, not unlike sexual monogamy if you think about it.)
    Sounds like a paragon of impeccable character, right?
    ... His name was Adolf Hitler. Again, I suspect you may have heard of the boy.

Uhhuh.

__

Srsly tho. You give me any person in the entire world, give me 10 minutes to talk with her/him, and I'll find you PLENTY of ways in which she/he is hypocritical, and/or says one thing but does another, and/or does X despite believing that others should ••not•• do X, and/or is just remarkably, completely fucking inconsistent from one area of life to the next.
    ... ESPECIALLY sex. Jesus, dude. SEX. Is, like, THE ONE AREA of life where ••no one•• — NO fucking one — is the same person as in the rest of the world.
    Perhaps most obviously, the stereotype of super alpha male executives craving utter submission to a woman behind closed doors... is a stereotype for a reason. (Oh, the stories I have, boy... as an over-six-foot woman who's also loud, confident, and prurient... oh, the fucking ••stories••.)
    More

• generally, people's sexual personalities are pretty much orthogonal to their personalities in "real" life — not correlated with, but also not correlated against.

In fact, not to keep sticking nails in yr eyes here, but... most of the inveterate cheaters I've known had STERLING records of dependability, reliability, and TRUST — yep, fuckin' ••trust•• — in their professional lives. (They also tended to have basically perfect credit scores, too — another measure of reliability/dependability, in a different sort of way.) They were also very committed to their other commitments, too... fitness, charitable causes, you name it.

So, yeah, no. Although, again, it's ••comforting•• to separate the world into Good Guys and Bad Guys. Too bad the world doesn't actually work that way.

• So by that logic, anyone can be a cheater. And here I was thinking it was something predetermined since birth.

• @BraveHeart97 Who'da thought, right

Most Helpful Guy

• Makes sense. I always see number 2 from the Steve Wilkos show lol. When the poor innocent woman who got cheated on or man who got cheated on the cheater always aggressively accuses the actual victim and even starts abusing the victim physically and verbally. The cheater always tells their partner that they are the ones cheating and even isolate them and try to cut them off to the rest of the world. Then the lie detectors come out and they end up being the ones who are the cheaters. So its like who smelt it dealt it lol.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 26

• Interesting Take, judging from what I've learnt on this site a lot of the times one of the telltale behaviour of partner cheating is, they change their password or don't give their phones

• Most of the times the signs are obvious but people choose to ignore them. Good article, I hope it opens some people's minds.

• Actually you can tell the way, they talk to you. Vague words, short speech/ sentences, autistic like behaviour, or just too flirty with other women.

• What if they happen to actually be slightly autistic?

• @redeyemindtricks this society doesn't allow for polyamory so im not surprised if the fantasy of having a secret side chick or more is quite common but some know they can act on it if their spouse has no way of knowing

• I'm not sure what you're directly responding to, there.

We're ALL unfaithful in our **fantasy** lives. mahah.

__

Regarding "polyamory" -- It's not recognized by the government (nor should it be; fuck if MY taxes are gna subsidize someone's 4 fake wives)... but, beyond that, there won't be much blowback. People in today's first world countries have a surprising degree of latitude to arrange relationships however they want -- unless they're public figures.

Also note that the VAST majority of **openly** "polyamorous" people are... how do I say this... extremely unattractive.
      Srsly. Do some searches (keeping in mind that pics and videos probably show the MOST attractive -- or, more accurately, LEAST UNattractive -- "poly" folks that could be found) and you'll very quickly notice this.
      I swear, I think their philosophy is, like, five 2's is **literally** the same as a 10. mahah.

• Harington is talking about treason against the state, not cheating on your girlfriend.

• This was helpful, thank you. All the signs were right there. I should have known.

• I'm glad I don't see any of these signs...

• Very trueu

• Well said

• Good to know I would be so upset if I found that chase was cheating on me

Message for a good time ;)

• I like this👍

• Hmmmm good to know

• interesting

• i scared that i might be dating one..

he can be so hallow sometimes, sometimes i feel the emotional connection. but he's going down that path where he's so insecure to the point of accusing me and looking through my messages. he also feels the need to talk about other girls

so who knows

• Number two is the biggest sign

• I have been cheated on 5 times. So I know when I am dating a cheater.

• Informative.

• fairly accurate if generalized. i learned nothing new here.

• The moral compass one is hit or miss, since people's morals can be all over the place. But the rest is pretty solid, and usually obvious. People just don't want to admit it to themselves usually.

• Wow, thank you for future reference

• They're very easy to spot

• More from Girls
    6

What Guys Said 31

• Cheating is a very complicated phenomenon. Is it good to cheat? No.

Why?

Because you should not be with someone if they're not meeting your needs.

Are your needs reasonable? Let's assume so.

If you cheat, you're abusing the trust of your partner, and trying to have it both ways.

No good can come of it. Which is why cheating is so frowned upon.

• The problem with your MyTake is that we can be morally right in many areas of our life and completely have no moral in one particular area. Albert Bandura did a research related to that and it sets this simple question: why there are people who are good by one hand and evil by the other hand? A cheater can be a cheater and still be a good dad to his/her kids, and be always unfaithful to his/her wife/husband (or an awful partner). Check this APA article:

www.apa.org/.../moral-disengagement.aspx

• Spin plates. Date a LOT. That's the only way you'll have enough experience to actually discern whether they're really worth your investment in time and emotion.

• Excellent my take.

• done

• People who are very flirtatious are almost sure sign of a player and probably a cheater, because try don't care

• There is a sure fire way, 100% guaranteed...
    look between the legs... is there a pussy? then she is cheating...

• 1. They know how to charm a girl. 2. They always know what they wish to do 3. They always want to have their own way.

• Been there, done that. I discovered soon I had other reasons not to stay with her thus I wasn't really depressed..

• been there.. done that. My problem, I do / did too much for someone who isn't reciprocal or even thankful for anything I do for them.

• I have been there done that too my friend! That's the problem with putting others first.. we taught them we come second... or not at all.

• When there is no reciprocity is a red flag and it just creates a toxic relationship, the best thing to do is move on and find someone who appreciates your attention and effort.

• @DiegoO she's the type who complains about bad relationships but when she knows I can give her the world, she turns a blind eye.

• The moral compass one could use some correlative evidence to go with it, but otherwise it looks aight.

• 1) You're dating a woman.
    2) She has a pulse.
    3) See 1 and 2.

• i hate cheaters 😡

• Good take here

• Having been cheated on, I will say even in hind sight, I did not see any signs. She was really good at hiding things.

• Thank you

• Thank you

• What a take!👏👏

• Not sure if spam. Not a bad take, though.

• Ou ou let me try too
    3 signs you might be dating a girl that isn't really interested in you

1. She never offers to pay
    2. She expects you to have certain monetary assets
    3. She never makes you a full spread of breakfast

• More from Guys
    11