To All the Men Who Think They Have Been Friendzoned, Passed Over, etc. Here is a Little Advice...

RolandCuthbert

There are so many young guys at GaG who have voiced this issue of the "friendzone". Some of you have talked about being nice guys and getting passed over. Others have talked about themselves not having confidence, being ugly, having low self-esteem, and not having any luck with women.

Well, I would have thought there was a "Take" that would have explained all of this to you by now. But I guess not. So let me give you a list of pointers.

1. If you want to find better luck in love or better luck with meeting women stop listening to women.

Women know just as little about what makes them attracted to a man as men know about what makes them attracted to a woman. They can't help you. They can't guide you. They can only give you the same line about wanting a nice guy, a guy who respects them, etc., etc., while you sit and watch them be attracted to men who are neither nice nor respectful.

2. Your low self-esteem, low self-confidence, low opinion of yourself is not sexy.

It is not even remotely attractive. It does not make women want you or like you. It might make them feel sorry for you. But most women are not about to have a romantic relationship with a guy they feel sorry for. I know this is an easy trap to fall into when you are a man. You look into the mirror and you just want to hate that face staring back at you. I know. I have been there! But those feelings will have you wandering through your life alone. You will end up being cut off from everyone.

3. The friendzone. If a woman puts you in the friendzone, you can't blame her for staying in the friendzone. Get out!

If you are pursuing a woman and she rejects you but offers friendship. Just be her friend with no more expectations of romance. Or tell her you wanted something more and leave. In other words. . .be a man! Tell her what you want, be open and honest, then deal with the consequences. If she pretends to be vague or feigns ignorance, just assume that is NO. Move on!

4. The most important thing. Women like men who attract other women! I would have thought this was common knowledge by now.

So since that is true. Don't just approach your "crush" and hopes she likes you. Always date a few women. If you are young, I would suggest dating many. None of this has to be serious. You don't even have to be attracted to them. Go to the movies with them, go bowling, skating, to the zoo, park, play sports, go to the bar, have a group of women you can go out with. And always focus on having fun, laugh, smile, flirt. . .all the while, keeping your crush in the loop. Even if it does not work, more than likely you will eventually meet someone where the feelings are mutual. But you will find it easier to ask your crush out on a date and you will find she will be more open to your advances.

5. Stop pretending that women are not shallow.

They are just as shallow as you are. You are sexually attracted to women. Don't pretend women are not sexually attracted to men or have very shallow standards when it comes to evaluating men. Stop putting them on a pedestal with regards to behavior. They are only human, albeit very beautiful humans. Sure, you can meet that one in a million woman who is simply not going to fall for the hype. Who is looking for a man with beautiful soul, sharp intellect, etc. But how many of you have met her?

6. Dress nicely, groom and develop yourself.

Develop your interests. You could learn to speak a different language. Travel, if you can to different parts of your country or internationally if you get the chance. If you have an interest such as physics, wine tasting, card tricks, anything. . .develop it as much as you can. You always want to present a 3-D image of yourself. You want to be seen as diverse, worldly, and knowledgeable. If you don't have money to buy nice clothes, make sure you are always clean and present a well kept image. You can't go around looking like you don't care about how you look. Because you will project an aura that you simply do not care about yourself.

7. Understand that this is your responsibility and you can accomplish this goal. But you can blame no one for being alone.

Robert Hoge was born with severe birth defects and lost both of his legs. His wife is absolutely stunning. They have a child together. So if he can do it so can you! We are men. It is our responsibility to approach women. We have to take the risks. So we have to develop a strategy that kind of protects us from becoming depressed, frustrated, etc. after being turned down. This world is not kind to us. But it doesn't owe us anything either. So accept this responsibility. Stop whining about it. Just do what we do. Devise a plan and execute it.

8. And it would help to be attracted to women who are good people.

Face it. Some of you guys get all caught up in the attractiveness thing and you project good behaviors and traits onto some very bad people. If you can at least find a way to be attracted to women who are nice, kind, and good-hearted, that will be at least half the battle. It is much easier to get a nice person to notice you, than a woman who is just a horrible, horrible, horrible human being.

9. Finally, if you get good at the game, don't become a jerk.

Remember what your goal is. You want to find someone you can love and who will love you. We all want to love someone who has good character, etc. But we are human beings, we project those characteristics onto people we find attractive. Honor your claim. If you are a man of good character, then be that. Just in addition, adopt behaviors that will lead you to love. This isn't being anymore deceptive than a peacock displaying its feathers. You have to learn which behaviors and traits will attract the women you wish to date.

16
46

Most Helpful Girl

• MlleCake
    I am going to agree with a lot of this. I'll let you know where I disagree.
    1. Listen to GOOD, SMART, HAPPY women and men, don't listen to the dirtbags. If you become a true friend to women, we will tell you a lot about what make us tick, but also realize, we can only speak in generalities, we will also each be different.

2. True, hard truth, but true. It's hard to get yourself out of the dumps when you don't have companionship in your life but you have to do it any way.

3. There is no friend zone really. You approached a woman with a certain intent in mind, but she isn't interested, but she's nice enough to consider you a good person in her life. So there you are. You have a new friend. Treat her like one. Don't bend over backward for her, but fuck-it, if you want to go dancing and she wants to go dancing and you would take a date but you don't have a date, take a female friend, and just dance and have a good time. Better a friend than nothing. We make good friends. And we can help you meet other women.

4. Yep. Men who have good social skills that are charming to men, women and children, will just find it easier to meet people, have companionship, and get along in life wherever they go. Simple really. Good guys who are really good do win. It just takes work to be good.

5./6. We are shallow and we're not shallow. Some of us have certain very shallow feelings, but we do tend to be a lot more forgiving about things you are body conscious about if you are forgiving of us. If you're going to turn down a 9, you're going to get turned down for being a 7. Good hygiene, good grooming, keeping your wardrobe clean, neat, ironed and in good repair will help you no matter what your budget is. Nose hear, ear hair, unkempt facial and head hair, dandruff, bad breath, dirty butt, dirty body, sweaty crotch, dirty, rough hands and b/o are big turn-offs to getting to know you and getting intimate with you. You don't have to be metrosexual. Just be not-gross. Women feel all different ways about body hair, you'll probably find one who likes yours just fine.

7./8./9. Yep, yep, yep.

Plus sexism, being too forward, not being able to make a polite greeting or introduction, trying to touch or stand to close or dance without asking are bad form. If we're at work, or you're at work, no dating or flirting between us. It's jutst not professional.

Meet us through school, clubs, hobbies, church, meetup-groups, dating apps.
    Is this still revelant?
    • 1. I just don't see many women giving men good info. Because they simply don't know.

3. We simply disagree here. Men will stick in your friendzone hoping, waiting. I don't if it matters, you acknowledging that space. But one thing is for certain, men are going to use the friendzone on other women to get better at the dating game. That's what I recommend basically.

As for your last comment, I just think you can really only acknowledge what works for you. Because for as long as men and women work together at offices, in the military, etc., etc. there will be romances, pregnancies, marriages.

I would never approach women at work. But women have approached me.

• MlleCake

1. Except I think I said some useful things, as a woman, to understand us more. men AND women, smart ones, decent ones, have great ideas. We just have to stop listening to chucklefuck ideas.

2. Well, if the "friendzone" is real, it's a place you put youself. Because being friends with a woman is not a bad alternative to fucking her if she is a good person who can enrich you as a friend. Seeing no reason to be friends with women except to get in their pants is what creates any friendzone that exists.

I had an office romance once. It only didn't endbadly because we very quickly stopped working for the same compny and some of the fallout happened when it could no longer damage my reputation, but it damaged his, and he never forgave himself really for being tempted by me.

I know people will find romance at work and I say "you'll meet someone else if you're patient and you don't have to risk an office romance" you say "well, maybe sometimes it works out ok", and we're probably both right.

• MlleCake

And then another time I was working this weird job and one guy who used to work for another company but get assigned to my same crews a lot was into my "ghetto booty" as he called it and I didn't mind the flirting at all because I'm a big brash redhead and I don't get hurt easily by a man saying a naughty thing to me. So it was no problem except he tried to get me to make-out or hug or fondle when we were busy trying to get our shitty work done. And it didn't even really bug me but the other people on the crew saw it, and they were pissed at him and me because we had tons of work to get done at a fast pace and there was no time to mess around. I wasn't encouraging it, or discouraging it, and I was saying I'm flattered by we have work to do, but I still got shit for what he was doing, for the audacity of having a big butt and being at this shit job in the middle of the night breaking my neck for shit pay. SO?

Most Helpful Guy

• Shadow44
    I like your take. All guys should focus on improving themselves and do things that make achieving their goals better.

I'm also going to add that if you decide to be friend with a girl who rejects you treat her as such. Treat her like you would all your other friends and no special treatments. Also if it's one sided or she's not doing for you the things she's expecting from you then she's not your friends and is using you.

As for number 4 I think it has more to do with the way men act when attracting other women vs how they act when they aren't attracting any. Like the confidence factor is higher. I find I attract more women when in a relationship even if the women I'm attracting don't know I have a girlfriend and she isn't around. Same goes for when single but I have other women interested. Figuring how in a lot of cases it's impossible for them to know I figured it just dependson how I look that reflects that I'm getting attraction.

I also agree with focussing on dressing you best, trying to look your best, and focussing on hygiene. Women do it too and that's par tof how they attract men.

Overall though I think men should put so much pressure on themselves to find a girl and just go out and live life. If they're enjoying life, focussing on their goals and not caring whether or not they have someone they'll meet a nice woman they click with. Being in a relationship is great don't get me from but it has it's pros and cons just like being single does. Focus on the pros and not the cons and you'll be happier for it and it'll help increase your self esteem and help to get rid of whatever insecurities you may be hiding.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Your last paragraph is awesome. Because that's the ticket. If you are just out and enjoying life, good things like love, luck, nice people will come your way.

But there is an issue with men or maybe it is just men in the West. Some of us are addicted to feeling sorry for ourselves. It almost romantic in a way. To constantly talk about ourselves in negative terms, to talk about being left out or left behind. These guys tell us constantly about how horrible they are, how awkward they are, etc. And they actually expect that this will attract the things they want out of life.

It is just infuriating to hear over and over again.

• Shadow44

I think this comes from high school and the amount of positive vs negative feedback they got as akid growing up. If all they get is society telling them that they need to get a girl to be worth something then it sucks when they can't. Even more so if they put having a girlfriend high up on their values list or put their self worth in having one. In high school these things are extremely shallow, I'd say more so than afterwards. Also people in high school are immature and judgy.

Though the thing is out of high school nobody really cares if you're single. Also a new girl you're dating doesn't have to know you've been single for the past 6+ years or so just enjoy your time with her sort of thing.

Also not giving crap what others think will attract like minds. Yeah sometimes we don't fit in, nobody fits in everywhere. We have to focus on where we do fit in, by doing what we enjoy and have a passion for.

In other words I completely agree with you.

• Shadow44

Thank you for the mho

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1545
  • Logorithim
    Very good Take. I do have to disagree, however, with #1. I have found women, especially friends, to be invaluable sources of information about how to attract women and be successful in a relationship.
    • Then you are one of two men in my life who have made such a claim. Both are in this thread.

• HereComesDrTran111
    So much wasted text, bro. Let's keep it simple clear cut for all the men out there.

-----
    If you want women, be a scumbag. Just an awful wretch of a human being.
    -----

You don't want to believe me? Ok, for the next month in public, observe the kind of trash that always has a beautiful woman on his arm. You know, the neck tattoo, always unemployed, slob guy who mooches off everyone including his girlfriend. Keep records. Hard to deny the evidence.

And some hope for the future:. Sexbots. With sexbots you can be a good man AND have a sexual relationship AT THE SAME TIME!! And no lying, cheating, STDs, false rape accusations, I could go on! It really is incredible.

Meanwhile, the oh-so-precious women will be busy destroying themselves and the kids they pump out with the criminals and lowlifes they've always wanted anyway.

So everyone is happy in the end:

Men can have pleasing, healthy sexual relationships we've always desired.

Women can have the violence, conflict and abuse they crave from scumbag men who don't care about them at all.
    • Nah, I didn't waste any "text" dude. If you want sexbots. Good luck. That isn't my cup of tea.

• cherryphi82
    Great take. Not sure on #4... Maybe I'm just oblivious to when a guy attracts other women. My SO was considered quite geeky and nerdy and not a ladies' man at all when I met him. I mean, he has to be able to handle women well, but attract... I don't know I feel like that might be too strong of a word.
    • Haha! Cherry, you are one of the most unique women I have ever met online. I don't think you are the type that falls for hype. You fall for completely different reasons. If a man isn't 3 dimensional, bringing a full-court press, I doubt he would even get you to acknowledge his existence.

So I would simply exempt you from the kind of women this "take" talks about.

:D

• Oh Roland, you are too kind! :)

• lilaqua
    this is probably quite good advice except possibly number 4. I understand the logic and yes we like men that are attractive to other women, mostly for social reasons, we want our girlfriends to approve, but you can overdo it to the point someone you like might just see you as a massive slut.
    • That is just not my experience. Haha! In fact, my experience is just the opposite. Besides, no one is advising men to get intimate with a lot of girls. Especially the men this "take" is targeted at. These men are the ones who claim they can't find women. The truth is they are responsible for the image they project.

And no matter what anyone claims on this board, most women are simply not attracted to men who don't do well socializing with women.

These guys have to work on projecting that aura.

• AD240pCharlie
    Men mistake being confident with being an asshole. Women mistake being an asshole for being confident.
    No woman wants to be in a relationship with an asshole, but you don't have to be a servant with no self-esteem in order to not be an asshole. Make sure you have other traits to offer than just being "nice". Confidence, sense of humor, independence, intelligence, whatever you might have. No one, no matter if they're a man or a woman, can be "desirable" without working for it.
    • Exactly. Nothing is promised to us. These guys have to work on themselves, their personality, and devise a strategy so they can find happiness. No one can do this for them.

• Exactly!
      And also, being too available has been proven to be a turn-off as it's often seen as a sign of desperation.

• Onlythisone
    Very true for the most part. Glad a guy finally said it. I'm a bitch when I tell people if they stopped whining they wouldn't be in the friend zone 😂
  • Margillard
    Just make lots of money and watch how fast the "Friendzone" melts faster than global warming.
  • 10dsw
    Very very nice. I REALLY hope guys actually pick up on this advice.
  • SarahsSummer
    I mostly agree with your bullet points here except for numbers 1 and 5. Those I fully 100% disagree.
    • Of course you would disagree.

:D

Women are not as shallow as men? You females possess some additional depth of character that men do not?

memegenerator.net/.../yeah-sure-you-do.jpg

• Considering the fact that men are much more visually stimulated than women, and to be shallow is to see only the outermost surface, I’d say our attraction to men goes much deeper than that of men. ie, less shallow.

• Hey, I get it, you think that you have some superior behaviors or something. It is something that has been drilled into everyone in Western cultures for centuries.

And guys who want luck in love, have to understand that women simply do not possess these superior behaviors. It is only an illusion. Women are as shallow, lack as much depth, etc. as their male counterparts.

cdn.webfail.com/upl/img/8195c07fd5e/post2.jpg

• JimRSmith
    All good advice, and a lot of this is frequently overlooked, especially #8.

This would make a lot of difference to some of the guys on here if they would but listen, and apply it.
  • Marinepilot
    I only got friend zoned once. It only lasted a month. I got
    tired of being used as an emotional tampon. I told her one fine day, "Kathy, I liked you as way more than a friend. I'm not going to let you use me by talking about other guys you want. Either we date or I'm gone. Forever". She was crushed that I had the nerve to do this. Back in the late 60's this just wasn't done. Funny thing happened, she got interested and dated, We went off to college at different schools and drifted apart. I believe that if I hadn't given her the date me or else ultimatum, then she would have continued this charade. When she came back I told her friendship was off the table. It was a normal dating, sexual relationship. She agreed. I should have done that from day one. I know things now about relationships I wish that I knew back then.
    • I appreciate your story. But again, you can't blame women, if you stay in the friendzone. It is like a boxing match. Either stay away from her or get all the way in. If you stay in that "zone", you will get hammered.

The thing that bothers me about friendzone guys is that they are highly illogical. And logic is supposed to be a man's strength.

themindlessphilosopher.files.wordpress.com/.../spock.jpg

• RolandCuthbert-I never have a problem walking away. Once I adopted an abundance
      mentality. Any woman can be replaced. I should have known this in my teens. It
      would have prevented a lot of frustration. So I ALWAYS walk away. I really don't
      care if I ever see the woman again or not.

• Well, do you. I am just saying to all the guys who keep going from friendzone to friendzond. The problem isn't the women.

But I am glad you found answers for yourself. I am just posting because of the countless thread the guys at GaG start. Many just don't seem to know, they can choose to be happy.

• Krumpir
    I think you need to treat her with respect and disrespect at the same time? But ehat do I know. I am here for xper
  • Highlander01
    "Women know just as little about what makes them attracted to a man as men know about what makes them attracted to a woman. They can't help you. They can't guide you. They can only give you the same line about wanting a nice guy, a guy who respects them, etc., etc., while you sit and watch them be attracted to men who are neither nice nor respectful."

I think that's a bit too generalising. While several women really cannot express their views and standards about the men they are looking for well, several of them not only can, but they are often the best source of information and help for men at this field.

Otherwise, good work. Hoge's story is very inspiring indeed.
    • Well, I can't recall a single woman who ever told men the biggest secret to dating.

Which is to have plenty of women in your life already. Women like men who attract women.

• Well, I did meet a woman who was like that. Admittedly, she is an aspiring psychologist friend of mine who I asked to help me with my relationship issues. Still, I feel that she helped me a lot.

I agree that not all women are like that, but I don't think they are a very small minority.

• in my experience, they are a small minority. And my feeling is that men in the friendzone, need to stop pretending that these women are common place.

Women, when it comes to dating, relationships, etc. are no better than men.

• Wwwyzzerdd
    All of this can be countered with the same argument women use in this case: She doesn't love me for who I am so she isn't the one.

Why is he expected to act and hide his emotions, to fake it until you make it, that doesn't seem like an authentic way to approach ones own desires. I agree sulking isn't attractive but frustration is a normal response...

So why are men AGAIN expected to move on and suppress their emotions just to suit trashy women who disregard him at his lowest point? If she wants to talk all this shit about "a woman lifts her man up" or "behind every successful man lies a woman" then why the fuck do they disregard men with potential for fucking rejects? Answer: people that friendzone are stupid short sighted individuals that make shitty friends.
    • Oh, but it is authentic. If these men are truly shiftless, lazy, depressed, negative people. . then I guess you are right.

But the vast majority of these men would not make that claim would they? So I advise them to become the interesting, intelligent, positive people they claim they are or better yet. . . WOULD BE, if they had that special woman in their lives?

Do you understand me yet? If you claim that you are ugly, unattractive and pitiful, then it is awful silly to get mad at women or the world, if they simply agree with you.

We are not women, we don't have the luxury of having low self-esteem.

• Wwwyzzerdd

He is, she just doesn't care to see it.

• Wwwyzzerdd

I understand you, I don't agree with your reasoning.

• N23SA
    Even if a guy gets friendzoned the best next thing to do would be to move on. Good take
  • Hungry_Shark
    Friend zone is just another term for putting guys in the backup position.

Friend zone = can you please put your life on hold, while I search for the great love of my life. However, if I don't find anyone
    better than I can always have you chump.
    (And most guys go along with this shit and then guys complain why their woman don't respect them)

Women are most manipulative and cunning creatures on earth.
    They will eat you and destroy you if you don't know their games.
    • Well, how gullible and naive does that make men? We are the idiots who sit in the friendzone holding her coat while she goes dancing.

But what's worse, is we whine about it when she takes the guy home and boinks him.

What did you expect?

• StickStickity13
    You're spot on, too many men feel sorry for themselves and do nothing to change their situation. I think most men have been in a similar situation where they're frustrated with women. Most successful men aren't successful on accident.
  • CubsterShura
    The thing that I find most bothersome about these guys is that they even LET this entire shit even bother them in the first place. Who gives a fuck? Seriously just be you and enjoy your own life like a boss. Even if you are not looking for a date you should still always be the best version of yourself anyway. Be at your best form cause it gives you the confidence that, you have nothing to do with women who still don't value you anyway.

My uncle is short and unattractive. A tall and literal model-like woman herself proposed to him and converted her religion for him despite knowing that he already has another wife, and she still wanted him and asked him what's wrong with them getting married if polygamy is legal?

My uncle's secret? He is intelligent. Disciplined. Hard-working. And believe me when I say, he is doing quite well with two wives. Because he is never biased. Treats them both well.
    • Yeah, these are life lessons we all should learn. If you feel left out, nothing can stop you from developing yourself. You can travel the world, you can learn to speak a different language. You can take up music lessons and learn to play the guitar. You can become a dancer. . . the world is a huge, gigantic, wonderful place that you can do all the exploring and learning you wish to. And if you find a way to move yourself to a better place, you will have better experiences. Among those experiences will be relationships with the opposite sex.

These guys just have to understand, it isn't the world. It is how they were trained to look at the world that is the problem.

• Lol yeah. And then somehow WE are supposed to feel guilty about being turned off by their attitude. Ugh. They all have low confidence and high arrogance.

Did you read my take on physical attractiveness? Right at the end of the myTake I uploaded the picture... Of an Instagram post. That post really struck me so I had to mention it there.

• dolemite68
    This take is great man.
    #1 is sooooo true, women have no idea what the hell theyre talking about when they give advice about other women cuz they themself have no idea what they want. Every girls life is a movie starring them, directed by them, edited by them so how can they really give advice about another girls movie.
    4 is true no matter how many girls say they don’t want a player. Would u trust the food in a restaurant that was always packed or empty all the time?
    • That's the thing that is amazing. When I found this out, it was so simple, I could not understand why I did not think of it before. Men and women are totally different here. A man would not want a woman who is dating a lot of other men. Maybe we might want a woman who is desired by other men, but not actively dating. Women want men who actually courting other women. And when he chooses them, then they feel so special that he choose them out of a sea of eligible women.

Women want the guy that other women want. Well, at least initially. After you get to know each other, then she can start to appreciate your special uniqueness.

Then of course, the one in a million girl, doesn't need this whole ritual. She can see right through to the type of man she wants.

• DonCachondo
    If women are only attracted to men who attract lots of women, what incentive does a man like that have to pass up all but one of his opportunities? He could do threesomes and shit lol. If a woman's #1 priority is a longterm partner, they're digging their own graves by letting other women choose their men for them.
    • Women are women dude. No one claims they are logical. If they were, we wouldn't need to create forums dedicated to figuring out how to date. It would simply be a logical calculus to get one to like you.

If it helps, I don't get it either. I just know what works.

• juststrollin
    This is great, good stuff its very positive and good for everyone.
  • torken
    i think this is super solid all the way around, great take
  • FatherJack
    Great take , and no arguments here , also when a man is NOT on the prowl for a woman , he will do much better , as no " needy " vibes are given off , I remember past nights out , when we simply focused on having a good laugh , it drew women in , conversely groups " on the pull " , rarely did well , a woman can smell desperation and neediness from 10 miles... this covers No 4. Take heed of No 8 , despite the image of women being the kinder , more nurturing gender , this is NOT the case in real life !!
  • Djaay
    Now I agree with you on this one... good take and very helpful for guys unsure of themselfs.
  • Namkrow
    Dating and being attractive take way too much effort. Burnt out on people and exhausted after work every day, no time for it, either.
  • Browneye57
    Not bad. And yes, they don't even know what they want, and even if they did they would change their mind. LOL
    Watch what they DO, not what they SAY.

A guy needs three things to be a success with the ladies:
    1. Looks
    2. Money
    3. Confidence - irrational confidence.

You can get by with any two of the three, but having all three is the key to success.

A young guy needs to work on 1 and 2, and 3 will come from the effort. And the ladies will be throwing themselves at him.

And never forget, YOU ARE THE PRIZE!!
  • Philyouup
    Fabulous! Well done, a lot of truths. I should print this out and give it to people
  • clampfan101
    Not exactly confidence help, but it seems pretty good.
  • HereIbe
    A surprisingly good list, unusually for its high accuracy and lack of anti-masculinity.
  • TheUglyMan
    I agree with everything but 7 we all know that ugly dude in the photo with the babe is rich. Good take most male takes on GAG tend to bow down to the drown of gynocracy but this surprised me.
    • Everyone says that.

Why does it matter if he is rich? Was he born rich? Or did he work on himself, educate himself, become a leader, a speaker, and someone with a compelling story to tell.

Do you think she would have fell in love with a rich guy who stayed at home in the bed, whining about how he couldn't get a woman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbxinUJcLGg

• TheUglyMan

But the point is that some men are simply too ugly for women me being one of them.

• And from one ugly fat guy to another. . .

https://i.imgur.com/YxhCJAR.jpg

• JDavid25
    You the man for # 1, and #5.. But you are right though.. Good take!..
  • bubble_tea
    Awesome take!
    Although personally I have to disagree with #4. Guys who are always dating a few women or many (at the same time) are players to me and not relationship material. (Do friendzoned guys want a relationship or a hookup?)
    Serial daters (=dating one for a time and then the next) are attractive.
    "You don't even have to be attracted to them." - Uh, sounds like a waste of time and potentially lead to disappointed (friendzoned) women. Isn't it a better approach to find female friends who share the same interests as you? They can also teach you to relax and be yourself around women too, and the time is not wasted.
    • I don't think you understood that point. The guys who stick in your friendzone make you the center of their world. They sit there waiting for you to notice them. They cry when you find a guy you are attracted to and start dating him. The fact is they need to move on. They need to date and socialize.

I don't really expect you to understand. You aren't a guy. You aren't trying to get a guy to notice you. You aren't terrified that revealing your feelings to a guy will only leave you crushed and embarrassed. You aren't confused about whether you should be really nice and open yourself up to a person or should you stay distant.

These questions you don't have to deal with. Because you don't have as much to risk.

But the guys who are out there alone and afraid, they understand this. And it is up to them to get motivated and realize, women are not attracted to guys they feel sorry for. Surely there are a few very special women out there. But that is not the norm.

• bubble_tea

I don't think you understood me. It's ok.

• Then madam, please explain what I missed. I just think that if you are the exceptional woman who is not attracted to "serial daters" or whatever, then you are the exceptional woman. And these guys can't count on luck to give them the opportunities they need to find a partner.

• CaptainSmartass
    Great take, but I think the guys this is targeted at really need to build their confidence first before trying to get women.

Simples...
  • fueledbythc
    I want to be friendzoned. Girls dont like friendzoning me due to shallow reasons
    • What do you mean by that? Women just dump you and refuse to talk to you anymore?

• I mean actually being friends. Anytime i try to make a female friend they always get weird and awkward. Girls take my kindness for flirting and thats what makes them shy.

• Oh, they probably think you are friendzoning them. I don't think you have much of an issue meeting women. You seem to be doing all right.

:D

• ovoxo_
    I agree with everything (especially #1) except for #9. Good shit nonetheless 👍
  • NewYear-NewMe
    How am I supposed to be good at dating multiple girls if I can barely get one interested in me?
    • Young one, you are just lying to yourself.

1. Of course there are girls who are attracted to you. You simply have never seen them as viable mates. Because you are not physically attracted to them.

2. Who says you have to "date" them for romance? Date them to just go out. Go out as friends. No one says you have to share that fact with your crush. If you have a lot of women in your life, other women will just "assume" you are dating romantically. And make sure that when you do go out, that you look like you are having the greatest fun in your life. Always project that you got other stuff you could be doing with other girls.

3. If you are making the claim that you can't get any date, then go out in a group. There are online groups for going to the movies, bowling, amusement parks, etc.

You can do this man. It isn't hard.

• For guys like me, who are awkward with women, it is.

• Oh! On the group thing. Make sure there are plenty of women in the group. You don't know how powerful a magnet it is when you are around women who appear to like you. I have counseled so many guys on dating. I just hope that when you get good at this, you don't turn into Frankenstein.

• Red_Dragon
    I just skimmed through but yeah perfect.
  • Bluemax
    Numbers 3 and 6 are quite important.
  • Emma_240302
    Lol great advice for the boys 👍🏻
  • omgjassy
    Haha good take
  • PervinMervin29
    Goodtake.
  • opurba
    Exercise as u want, invest on u.
  • Decentguy
    Awesome Take !
  • CT_CD
    Interesting myTake
  • NerdInDenial
    Of course become a jerk
    • You know that is not the point. And actually most of the suggestions are about trying to pursue interests that help develop yourself as a person. A lot of this stuff you can do just to enrich yourself, just because you want to feel better about you.

Women will be attracted to you simply because of that. My friend, always told me that he doesn't even seek out women. They find him.

• There's no need to go to another extreme, that's taking it too far, although I agree if we speak in relative terms.
      For instance, if a guy is oversensitive, wastes a lot of empathy on "Do I inconvenience/bother/creep her by being more direct" then yeah, adopt a more "jerkish" attitude without actually becoming a jerk.

Be Mr. Benign Swine. :)
      You may fuck up a little here and there, be lightly insensitive or whatever, but it's never about anything very serious.

• @CharlieUnicorn Haha! Taking it too far? You mean developing yourself too much? You mean becoming too intelligent? Dressing too well?

Again none of that is in the realm of being a jerk.

Confidence is not arrogance.

• I show her how big my junk can get.
  • RichardBandit
    I bang all my female and male friends once
  • Anonymous
    Haven't been able to find anything on Robert Hodge
  • Anonymous
    #7 If that's his wife, she's not absolutely stunning, she's average at best and also this guy isn't like some guy just working a regular average job he's actually a accomplished famous author, I knew there was a catch to this the question is would he have that if he wasn't famous. #5 is very true , they're even more shallow than men (when was the last time you ever heard of women being referred to as "chubby chasers"? ) #4 is true, there was something about 80% of women only finding 20% of men attractive that means a small percentage of men will most likely be able to have women in droves and a lot of women don't mind being side chicks nowadays , that's why you'll have guys who can't get a woman to save their lives and guys with 5,6,7, different baby mothers , not because they were so confident, its because women like the same guys and unfortunately that's a small percentage of men , so basically if you don't have looks, luck, and/or money, you're screwed in the dating game
    • Hey, if you think she is average that is on you. Robert Hoge was married 14 years ago. That was long before he became an accomplished writer. Not that this would have supported your point away. Again my point to guys is, that they need to develop themselves. Hoge never used his deformities as an excuse. And most of these guys who feel left out have no physical defects as an obstacle like him.

And your weight has nothing to do with it. It has to do with the image you project about yourself. And you might be right. Some women may not mind being a side chick. So if you really want to have intimate relations with several women, you can. But I would not recommend that.

You are only screwed in the dating game because you want to be screwed. It isn't that hard. So figure it out and find happiness.

c2.staticflickr.com/.../543690907_fa3de54393_z.jpg

• Anonymous

"As an adult, Mr Hoge has made a career in the often shallow world of the media - first as a journalist, before making the move into politics as a media adviser to former Queensland premier Anna Bligh." That sure sounds like his wife just got with some guy who was working a joe blow 9 to 5 just living paycheck to paycheck , I'm pretty sure being a media adviser to a politician doesn't pay shabby and with him being that, he was still famous BEFORE becoming a accomplished writer, there's guys out here who haven't even accomplished anything in life and still have gf's and wives because they have something called LOOKS and I'm sure Hoge's accomplishments have made him a good amount of money hence going back to what i said if a guy doesn't have looks, luck and/or money he'll be screwed in the dating game bottomline and a guy's weight has nothing to do with it? How many obese men you see out here on the regular with skinny average looking at best women if he isn't rich?

• Anonymous

The only time you see a obese guy with a woman is if she's also fat, he's loaded financially. or he gained that weight during the relationship , sorry The Nutty professor rarely happens in real life. But you'll see fat obese women with men of all body types way more than the other way around.

• Anonymous
    Haha 😂 @number1!!! Hilarious 😂!!!
    And number 4! 🤨!!! Date women you don’t even like? To attract the one you DO like? Wtf? How sad!!! Now I’ll be more skeptical about accepting any guy at all just as to avoid being one of those baits they wanna date to get the “real”girl they want... bleh! 👀 🤨!!! ill just reject more guys now. Thanks! Lol 😂