The Power of Oxytocin

Connected in Faith, Hope, Love ...Peaceful Easy Feelings

Is there value to a person believing in something beyond them that cares about them? I think so. Here's one explanation that fits right into our design!

Early humans...surviving in groups
Early humans...surviving in groups

Human beings are social creatures. We survived through history by working together in groups, tribes, nations. Those who were connected in the tribe, felt included, supported and survived. Those who were cast out (shame, guilt, rule violations) either died or were unable to find mates, thus their genes are lying in the dirt. Maybe some of that dirt made your salad today...food for thought? Anyways...

Oxytocin - Surgeon General Highly Recommends Cause it's Yummy!

A powerful hormone dwells within us called Oxytocin. Produced by the hypothalamus and released by the posterior Pituitary Gland, Oxytocin fosters feelings of love and social bonding between people, partners and infant. It is a reward, known as the "love" hormone. Oxytocin gives us that feeling of inclusion and has been associated with the healing of heart tissues. It actually has physical healing properties!

Yum! Where can I get my share?
Yum! Where can I get my share?

It's free, you just need to get some excitement in the motor neurons of your hypothalamus and pituitary gland! Yeah! Oh, that is a bit scientific... you need social interaction to release it and some evidence suggests, belief in a higher power also works! Cool!

Connecting, through the Imaginative mind vs Physical Reality

Human beings are the one creatures that can imagine something into existence. Because of this power, we can conjure up and tap into some amazing chemicals. An example of this would be the ability to masterbate to an image in your mind, have release, our body feeling the effects as if we were there, to some degree.

What you believe, can make a big difference in your stress and healing response!

So where do we get this chemical? Oxytocin levels increase when hugging and during orgasm. Now were talking!

* Sex - There are many health benefits to sex. You were designed to reproduce a lot of kiddos, have lots of sex and bonding because it takes years to raise those kids. Oxytocin creates that "cuddle" feeling for the mates and the baby.

I know we just met, but I've got the key to your heart baby! Fact!

* Hugs - they are free, make them count! Do you remember the feeling of a good hug? Oh yea! Give and get them where you can. Maybe start a hug club, get them on the street, get creative! Be friendly.

Oh my God, it's been so long! Weeee!
Oh my God, it's been so long! Weeee!

* Spirtuality - there is some evidence of association of oxytocin release in men when they have a spiritual beliefs. Study has not been conducted on women yet.

Belief, extends our hearts to the greater space

Thing is, Oxytocin is a stress hormone, released when we are under stress! So in effect, you could say, stress has healing effects...if you view the stress the right way! Check this out!

Start at 7:50 for short version:

#Oxytocin is a Stress hormone that:

* Primes you to do things that strengthens close relationships

* Crave physical contact with friends and family

* Fine tunes social instincts

* Enhances Empathy

* Makes one willing to help and support people you care about. Maybe you are getting Oxytocin from GAG...want to run a test and find out:)?

* Protects cardiovascular system from the effects of stress

The biological stress response is encouraging you to tell someone, instead of bottling it up! When you reach out for help or to help someone, you get a hit of Oxytocin! Oh yea!

Are you seeing how isolation, maybe online social isolation is bad for you? Social Media looks to be destructive when it blocks us from physical relationships and poisons us by fostering feelings of jealousy and exclusion, such as, "I don't have this", "I feel more alone when you look at your friend and his GF's amazing vacation". Social Media poison!

More research is needed, but it is clear right now, you need social interaction! If you feel like crap, this would be one of the reasons why...you aren't getting Oxytocin the way you were designed to get it!

Key Points:

* View stress as helpful, you create a sense of courage!

* Connecting with others under stress creates resilience!

* By doing so, you are remembering you don't have to face life's challenges alone!

CHRISTIAN WOMEN

I've heard from women before that say, "I don't want before married, but sometimes, God is not enough"! How true that may be, we crave for each other, man and woman, we are designed that way. God is in our hearts and minds, but we often need that physical, human animal pleasure.

From a Christian Women on how Oxytocin works and how you can set boundaries in relationships.

Thus, lightbulb27 is hereby and forthwith declaring every day is Oxytocin day, globally!

So let it be written, so let it be done!

HEALTH SYSTEM

Lastly, one has to wonder about the "health" of our health care system that does not focus on touch. Could it be it is ignored to ensure lots of drugs get administered? When we lay there in bed, where are we getting Oxytocin? We should be getting a lot of love, hugs and sex in the hospital! There, I said it. Have you had sex in the hospital? I think it's time to get ill and try that..no?

Now that's a system to put your full support around! Just be careful not to pop any tubes!

Now that would be a huge improvement...and insurance companies can pay for it if they want, it would cut time visits...a good business case can be made! Imagine that line teim

CONCLUSION

Now go get your Oxytocin...in a safe, respectful, good legal way! Change that health care system to a, um, vibrant health care system!

Bulb...out!:)

68

Most Helpful Guy

• This is fascinating! And that video is really powerful on a mindset can change your health and your outlook on life!
    One thing that she didn't mention, that I loved about oxytocin, is how the stress hormone cortisol, which can do damage to the body, is healed by oxytocin. Super cool!

@dizzydesii

Most Helpful Girl

• Great Take

Thank you for sharing.

The hospital part is funny.

• how do you just hug strangers?

• Thank you for MHO...
      No abuse.
      Just not comfortable. I have to get to know that person.

• I also don't hug strangers. Its creepy. I would like to keep those inhibitions

Join the discussion

57
  • Its the same as u get excited and a dose of happiness while u see the notifications or massage on your phone

thats why most people are addicted to phone screens

• I believe that is dopamine hits... don't get oxytocin there... I don't think... and that is part of the problem. good point, it is addicting...

• true i called it happines i forgot the word :P

• I'm currently studying the brain and stress response and I didn't know that oxytocin can be released in the process! Thanks. :)

• Just learned myself, what an amazing design... makes sense though.

• This is partially why performers (dancers/musicians) love what they do even though it is so stressful. So much stress but so rewarding after the performance. Oxytocin (and other chemicals as well) to the max.

• That’s a really good take and I enjoyed the video too, it’s given me inspiration to try out some different ways of thinking as well as activities that’ll help release oxytocin in a positive way, thanks for sharing 😎

• The name of the blonde nurse is Samantha Saint. She's a porno star. Whomever is wondering.

• ah! thanks, I had no idea. you sure, she looks must bustier in other pics than here... course that stuff can be changed I know.

• Very informative take. @grond21 already summed up a bit some days ago :)

• Wow!! This is so great! You are an amazing writer!

• Great...

• Should do a complementary post about dopamine

• Interesting MyTake. Thanks for sharing!

• Very good take. :)

• What does this have to do with the busty nurse?

• Is this a pharmaceutical ad?

• It's the opposite, you don't need that crap. You need what the Dr. designed in!:)