Is life really harder being pretty?

People say that life’s harder when you’re pretty mainly because more guys are interested in you. I’ve never considered myself super pretty (I wouldn’t say I’m ugly either, maybe average), but I have heard from other people that I am on the prettier side.

But I guess other people (guys especially) think that I am because all throughout high school there has been at least one guy who liked my each year— from guys who I was friends with, to guys who I was sort of friends with/still getting to know/mutuals, to guys that I wasn’t friends with because hated, to guys I didn’t even know.

The only reason I would think that a guy who I never knew or talked to would like me is because of my looks. So does that mean that I’m considered pretty?

The main reason why this is such a big concern to me is the fact that I never liked any of the guys. I don’t like being asked out by someone I had/have no interest in because then it makes me have to think of a way to reject them without being too mean (especially if I was friends with them prior to that). While I was able to find out that that person liked me before he asked me out (through my friends or by my own senses), I do not like surprises like this or being put on the spot.

Is life really harder being pretty?

I did end up rejecting/friendzoning all of them. However, this makes me seem like a hypocrite because I complain about how single I am and have all these wishes/dreams/fantasies about what it would be like if and when I start dating.

So back to where I began, although others may argue that being pretty is a gift that we should be thankful for and that life as someone ugly is actually harder, when you’re put in the same unwanted situation one after the other, it starts to get almost annoying. I’d rather have a crush who I’m unable to approach than to have unwanted and unexpected people say they like me.

I am not trying to sound rude or stuck up in any way, nor am I trying to brag about being “pretty” or “popular” because in reality I really am not. This is only a small portion of my life, but it has been on my mind for a while now. I only ask such question because I am curious about other people’s opinions on this thought.

518

Most Helpful Girl

• Life is easier because people tend to prefer people with good looks when it comes to basically everything in life, including dating, friendships, work etc. Even though most of us don't want to be superficial, we all are when it comes to looks, that's basic psychology... So being considered beautiful gives you an advantage in life for sure.

Most Helpful Guys

• Awe, you poor, poor thing.

Spare us your "agony". You have the kind of "problem" many people dream of having. You are a great example of how many people who are truly blessed are not bright or mature enough to see it.

• You don’t know whose truly going to stick around when you grow older and uglier

When things go tough your way you don’t know how to work as hard and will struggle more

You never know whose there for your personality and whose there for your looks

Oh look “not bright enough” people immediately think you are stupid and you don’t even have to work for it.

Oh look “mature” people may assume you haven’t grown at all because you don’t have to. When the real immature ones are the ones that leave you when you are old and wrinkly.

• 7d

@Tonga Downsides are:
      Being unable to date because nobody's interested, not receiving the special treatment from people that comes with being pretty, no modeling career, few people compliment your appearance, it's a bit harder to improve your appearance, etc.

• 7d

@Gavyn when you get the right treatment you know it’s cause of you, you have a higher sense of self worth because you know you worked to where you are

• No, it's easier. Everything is easier for beautiful people. It's the ugly ones that get cast aside for everything.
    You really need to quit trying to be a victim - it just doesn't look good on you.

Join the discussion

416
  • The more attractive you are, the more opportunities you have. Attractive women earn more money and have a higher chance of getting hired. They can get Chad Thundercock. And it's easy to decline a date without being mean.

• I have been told lately (on here a lot...) that i am attractive, i was the fat ugly kid for school and most my 20s and i sorted my self out.. bit like a butterfly, so i lived both sides of the coin, i was ignored in school and i had a string of relationships where i just went for whoever wanted me, and now i have a few women contact me or talk to me... not sure what would happen but i am in a relationship so... but i appreciate the attention

• Life is what you make it 😊. Both ugly and good looking people have their own sets of problems. If you can't relate to others' problems, then at least stop making yours a big deal.

• It's not harder. You see a pretty waitress in a restaurant, you tip her more, you see a pretty girl you open the door for her and act kind of more kindly... it had it cons too as someone might catcall you or insult you

• 7d

Nah its more harder, it stresses you out more when you realize all the guys who fall for you are just into you for your looks and your body. When you're already struggling to believe you're far more than that. So yea it definitely sucks. But the way i see it it just means that you've got more responsibility than others in your place in the world, and as spider man said. "Come great power comes even greater responsibility

• Be cool
    It's not your fault that u r preety😃
    I admit many guys prefer looks & still stucks on it but not all of them...
    Well I think being preety opens choices to make a big deal...
    So be confident about ur future..😄

• 6d

It all depends on you how you treat other people I love being given attention even if they are after something, but it's not an excuse to be rude or ignorant!!!

• 7d

Aside from dealing with creepy guys occasionally, I don’t know see how its not mostly awesome being a hot girl. Rich handsome guys wanna fuck you and take care of you boo hoo 😂😂

• 7d

Studies consistently show, that good looking people, in general, have an easier life.

• 7d

Life is easier being pretty. Many studies jave shown this even.

• No, life is easier

• Lol I had my fair share of pretty problems

• Good take. .

• I wouldn't know.

• 7d

No. It's easier

• Hmmm interesting read

• 7d

life is easier for pretty girls, which is blatantly obvious just by looking at how much nicer pretty girls are in general compared to ugly girls.

• 7d

Nope

• I don’t think so

• Awww I feel so bad for you because you’re pretty. I’m sure you want to be ugly