Things that men do that don’t impress some women that much…

I was just listening to Shania Twain over the radio about what doesn’t impress her. This inspired me to write another Mytake about what men do or have that don’t necessarily bring heart eyes to women.

“I've known a few guys who thought they were pretty smart
But you've got being right down to an art
You think you're a genius-you drive me up the wall
You're a regular original, a know-it-all”

I love a man who’s smart and intelligent. Who doesn’t want a man with an impressive list of accolades? But if all you constantly do is bore me out with your scientific theories, alien conspiracies and brag about your accomplishments, don’t expect me to stay put. Talk to me about how vulnerable you are, your thoughts about our relationship, your fears – tell me. I want to know more of you.

Okay, so you're a rocket scientist?
So you got the brain but have you got the touch”

Who doesn’t want a man who works on rockets? Who flies planes? Who builds skyscrapers? But if you don’t show me that side of you who loves to get down and dirty with me, cooking in our kitchen or painting our house together, then who are you inside that uniform?

“I never knew a guy who carried a mirror in his pocket
And a comb up his sleeve-just in case
And all that extra hold gel in your hair oughta lock it
'Cause Heaven forbid it should fall outta place”

You can be Tom Hardy or Brad Pitt, but if all you care most about in life are your looks, you’d leave me feeling unloved knowing you have a string of girls vying for your attention. How will I know your heart belongs to me only if I have to constantly compete with them?

“You're one of those guys who likes to shine his machine
You make me take off my shoes before you let me get in
I can't believe you kiss your car good night
C'mon baby tell me-you must be jokin', right!”

I get it. You love your Aventador. It’s your investment, your baby. I wish you’d look at me the way you look at it sitting magnificently in your garage. I wish you’d spend as much time on me as you do buffing off the little nicks on it after a drive in the town and how careful you are with it. I wish you’d be as gentle with my heart.

“You think you're cool but have you got the touch, so what do you think you're Elvis or something?”

You’re so suave, so ruggedly handsome. Everyone adores you. You’re too cool for school. I want to love you but I feel you’re way out of my league and I cannot keep up. I wish you’d come down to earth and love me for me as I love you for you…

“Don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright
But that won't keep me warm on the long, cold, lonely night
That don't impress me much”

You look like the perfect man. But I am not looking for perfect. I am looking for a man with a human touch with flaws, insecurities and who is not afraid to show me who he truly is inside. What I need is someone who is not afraid to laugh or cry and share his life with me; someone who can hold my hand through it all and just love me.

Having a lot of money, cars, a big house with a gate are good. But it means nothing if I don’t have your love. It can be an upgrade to some women but it is a bonus for me to have an amazing man like you by my side. Together, we can build a life; just you and me. Let me show you what love is…

Thanks for the time reading, lovers.

XOs Pinay_Ako

2686
Pinay_ako is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girls

• My personal experience with super intelligent guys has been they they had fewer social skills. They were so arrogant and condescending towards others that I couldn’t keep dating them. They were also shocked and bewildered that I was done dealing with them. It’s not like I like dumb guys with poor earning potential either but their negative traits were insufferable.

Most Helpful Guys

• All great points guys. Seriously. Take note.

However, don't do all this shit when you're first getting to know her. Trust me, she will check out. No question. Just be fun and worry about all the heartfelt shit later on. Trust me. Hardly any women will tell you this, but this is the way.

• Downvoted the truth?

Typical of the one who lives in denial of the facts.

• Thank you. I don't get why they're so upset. i am not even tearing men down... I am actually telling them you don't have to be all this, the right girl will love you. Even if you are all this, it is not the reason why a girl is in love with you. It could be a bonus. For lazy gold diggers, then yes they hit a million jackpot regardless if there is love or not...

• Everyone is different. The problem with most people, if they even attempt to play the game, is that they believe there is a sort of rule book on this shit. Hell, most idiot men actually believe that you have to "try harder" to like someone. The notion behind that is absolutely absurd and I won't even bother trying to deconstruct why. Lol

But, yes, you're right. You don't have to be all these things. This list could really be personal to what you want, but it won't match another woman's list of expectations.

• Women dont like introverted men like myself who just go to work come home never go anywhere and only speak when there is something to say. Live a simple drama free life, because going out being social and talking takes too much energy. Yep thats me.

• To be honest not just women who. Don't like introverted men.
      Most people don't. Everyone would like a fun social person, someone who does more than just work and stay at home all day that's just too boring

• @Robertcw true but kinda cool in a way.

• Ehh, 'I guess.'

I wish actively pursuing people wasn't so draining and exhuasting though. If I have to do something I wouldn't ordinarily enjoy very muxh just because there was literally no other good way -- damn dude that wears you out.

On the other hand, there's a real possibility that I've been living with undiagnosed sleep apnea my whole life. So I'm working on getting an appointment for that. If I do have it, and suddenly get a machine to improve my breathibg while asleep that could chsnge my life. But its still speculation.

Join the discussion

2484
  • Smoking. Add that.

• Those song lyrics just show that Shania Twain can't handle a strong, independent man.

"Wah, you're too smart, you're too good at winning arguments! You do what you want instead of doing what I want, you like your car more than me, you should be worshiping ME, ME, ME, ME, ME!!!

• Why bother with trying to impress women? What's the point of spending all that time and energy getting to impress another useless person who just sits back and judges others?

Do what you do. When someone comes along who's worth your time, you'll know.

• I know this is cliche, but to impress me, all tey have to do is be themselves. At least for me.
    Be as geeky, nerdy, funny, charming, even be a prick if thats who you are.
    Just be yourself

• This should be retitled "Things men do to impress work that make them insecure."

News flash there's over 7 billion people in the world. You're always going to have competition so rather than get annoyed that a guy is trying to show his best assets, realise he's going to have other girls interested in him and bring out your best to win him over.

• Shania is a beauty, but her outfit and hair does not impress me much in that song. oh well..

Great take. I hope you find your romantic love! That's good. Realize guys have opened their hearts to find someone grab them and slam them to the ground... it make take some time to be vulnerable.

• This article screams of the men in the top 10% all over it, no compassion for that.

On the other hand I could come up with a nice list of things that turn guys most guys off too such as degrees, tattoos hypergamy and narcissism.

• The best thing is this is just a typical "You totally don't impress me with your muscles and your money and your brains and your big dick... mmm", and it usually ends with her being another one on the high value man's notch count, regretting it, and leaving in a walk of shame.

• Degrees a turn off? LOL

• @Afrochick When they are being flaunted you bet they are. Bragging on degrees don't turn guys on that is for certain.

• You say that now... but the endgame is usually the same. Women just want it all.
    You want a rich man, but want him to still have time to spend with you... i mean.. how do you think he got rich... but spending all his time for the money that made him rich. Gotta pick one.

Now to talk about meself... I've learned not to try to impress no woman... a woman will be impressed by what she wants to be impressed by regardless... and if its me? fine.. if it ain't.. its what it is.

• see hw the men understood... and the selfish as BITCHES who i just said want it all.. down voted me. cuz they think its possible to do both. it is... but its very rare. you pick one... if you want super rich... unless they are trust fund babies... you won't get to spend time. but women know almost nothing about how to pick a mid-ground. its extremities with them

• Things that men do that don’t impress some women that much…

While this may be the case for you personally, a lot of women out there will fuck a guy just for being rich even if he is the ugliest, most boring and retarded person in the world.

• Yup. MOST women would open their legs for an ugly doctor because he's a doctor.
      *most*

I think the female who wrote that is.. A lesbian.
      Not gonna lie.

• This is all subjective really. A lot of the things you said that wouldn’t impress women would actually impress some women. Maybe you would be bored by a man’s discussion of science but another woman might find it really interesting.

• hence SOME... on the title... :) I did not generalize ALL women

• But if I don't have any of the *things* and I only care about you, then that's not enough either, right?

So the question that goes unanswered at the beginning of all of this is: Why should I care about impressing you? Shania Twain also neglects explaining it.

• That's what the great Gatsby von F. Scott Fitzgerald taught me. So basically just watch the movie.

Jay Gatsby, a poor boy who is dreaming of his big love. Seperated through the class destinction. He works until he becomes a millionaire. She is always his goal. He would throw exagerate big Partys like you only could seen it in the 1920s. Always with the hope she would arrive.

One day she did and so they began to rebound and start an affair. Levitating through pomp and circumstance. She is lovely but cruel. One time she drives drunk and kills a woman. Gatsby takes the blame.

All he desired to hear are only two sentences:“I love Gatsby and want to restart a new life with him only" Her saying those words in front of her then husband. But she never say those words.

By the end she decides to leave him without him knowing, in the Last minute he dies, He awaits a call from her saying those words without knowing that would never happen, one last time he's hearing the phone ringing.

The husband of the woman who was killed in the Car accident would shot him while he awaits the call from her saying those words full of Euphorie. The sad thing: its not even her that calls.
    No one arrives at his funeral. Not the guests, Not the Great love, the many guests who did not personally know the host out of sheer ignorance, in part invited themselves, simple-minded continued with their lives as if nothing had happened. A man can fall and not a speck of dust stirs.

I have always been a happy and conscious lone fighter. Love is a beautiful puddle on which a rainbow is reflected, but it is also as deep as an ocean that devours you. Unpredictable whether you drown or swim. Some say it is an illusion to preach morality and reason.
    My theory: There is no such thing as great love.
    You can have a child and be happily married. You can love, you can love someone else too, so that's not the problem. Returning to the problem is just how long?
    We humans are adaptable. No matter what situation we are in, we learn to accept it and adapt. But, ever noticed that our brain constantly brainwashed in which we accept memory but did not take place or are different than we retrieve them. Nothing is and remains original. You are not the same person after two months. You can still love him after a thousand years, but one day logic will tell you something else.

• I am going to be blunt.

I honestly do not care to and have more important things to do than try to impress some random woman I do not even know, and I think a good number of gentlemen on here feel the same.

• What is with the necessity of vulnerability and flaws in order to elicit a sense of genuine human connection from a respective person of interest? Is one icy or closed off if they lack blatant vulnerabilities or flaws? A vulnerability in one could be seen as a strength in another. Flaws, also left to our individual audience. Then if not severe enough or if it does not cut deep enough to wound our spirit, is this vulnerability or flaw not cast one as just as humanly genuine?

Maybe it's me, but I don't find ardent love in another in the broken places. How they bounce back for me speaks greater volumes towards their character. Some can be stricken for life within their broken places. Character seems in short supply.

See, when I say a strong woman, I do not mix words. I do not mean a pain my ass (equally when women say a nice guy, they so not mean a passive yes dear sort with a jelly spine). No, I want a killing partner - figuratively speaking. I want to not just know, but feel it to my core that I can count on her. To know the other's thoughts with a look or glance... to be right there burying the bodies, too - again, figuratively speaking. Essentially, a pact between us, that we will put the welfare of the other, that you will put the safety of the other above your own. In effect you are saying, I love you more than I love myself. Which is true.

Vulnerabilities and flaws do not convey me this. They do not reassure me this. Especially when we must absolutely depend on one another. It isn't just knowing. It is feeling in in our marrow, too.

Just my own perspective. Take it for what it's worth.

• Shania the whore Twain doesn't deserve to be impressed, nor do women who think like her.

If you got a man who puts up with you, protects you, provides for you and doesn't wreck you, say thanks to GOD and to him and be happy.

• Threatening her , disrespectful behavior and making everything about him.
    Soon it brings fear and resentment to women if all their acts are interpreted as wooing and capturing him.

Even desire and the spark are lost with assumptions and misunderstanding- misinterpretation.

• Yea but you pretty much just described her, not him.

• Too stupid to take a risk because you can’t put forth your argument against me either

• Massive generalization is what the question requires Incase you can’t follow that. It collectively asks about men in general. It didn’t ask for specific details but I provided some feedback on it through, so called legitimate and obvious observations.

What can you say against my points that make you sound credible? Yes go ahead say it i would love to learn your insight .

So if you can’t offer it and you are just up for a challenging come back; “empty vessels make more noise.” Is dedicated to you in general.

• I could care less about impressing women or anyone. Why should men always try to impress women? Why do women deserve special treatment just because of their sex? I thought they were for equality.

• You know it took me many years to get to know that. How come women don't say that in the beginning? Like tell us what you want to hear. Why lets us stubble across and let us figure us out on our own. Just make things simple and tell us. Just like you did with this take. Most men will read this and go that's a good idea and never learn from it.

• The Irony of a massively unimpressive self absorbed, condescending, entitled princess singer expecting to be impressed by men...

• Or women in Shania Twain's case because she's a known homosexual.

• @Benedek38 You may be right about both. Certainly more women come to the aid of homosexuals than men. And political convictions absolutely IE feminism.

• @ThisAndThat you got that right mate

• Unfortunately i am going to die alone since you pretty much described me.

I love talking about space, science, philosophy and stuff but i have zero personality education and skills.

I'm pretty pathetic and i feel worthless. I have no fucking clue how to fix any of it and its driving me deeper into despair.

• Take some risks and experience it as you would logically.

It will hurt less but you emerge with insight.
      In the process you might find it. Never know;) trying if you feel you will end up in despair is often the solution to overcome it.

• What do you mean?

• There is an audio book but it can be taken in any context, ‘unbecome yourself’ it’s called.

Just go and do what you wouldn’t do. Is what I meant.

• This is simultaneously also "Things that women do that don't impress some men that much".

• Honey, do you what doesn't impress men about women?

Well, for one, a 37 year old 4/10 telling us what she finds valuable in us.

And guess what?
    This whole thing is about a mediocre woman trashing men for being better, more educated, more accomplished, more hard-working than her. Because the singer, and you yourself, dear OP, are insecure, and can't handle a strong man, so you try to drag them down, mock them. That's what's going on, isn't it, honey?

You're not looking for the perfect man? Well, I have news for you honey - he wasn't interested in you either. So you can play the brat all day long, insult men all you like, but the fact is that you're just a hater.

• At least she knows how to speak English, unlike you

• @gothgirl997 There's exactly ONE mistake I can see, and that's this:
      *do you KNOW what doesn't impress men about women?
      I left out a word during re-writing the sentence.

• "For you to rate me 4/10 is laughable."
      No, the laughable part if that you honestly think you're worth more than 4/10.

"Say what you want but you don't understand what I am trying to say."
      I understood you perfectly. Did YOU understand what I said?

"I am not insulting men here. It's actually the other way around"
      Actually you're not insulting men, or blessing men either. You're trashing successful men by picking on the being smartass, self-absorbed, too good to be true, etc... when in reality none of these are real flaws in them, these are YOUR flaws - YOU are not good enough for them, and you insult them for it. I can't imagine a lot of things more petty than this, really.

"hide behind that picture-less profile of yours."
      Unlike you, I don't define myself by my looks, and I don't need people's approval of my looks to sleep sound. Chao, honey!

• Then just don't expect a man to impress you, and be open about it. I think a lot of men feel like they need to he impressive in order to attract women, due to how picky women can seem, wanting a handsome, tall guy who is financially their equal, smart, kind, loving, emotional, open about their feelings but not too open to make it boring, interesting, funny, not too braggy, not too serious, not too laid back. You have to be a reliable guy who is not too reliable because then you would be boring, but you need to be somewhat reliable or you're seen as immature and childish by women. I think this whole thing with women believing a man will blow them away and give them everything they want is very toxic and is causing this scenario. The current dating game is mostly based around men impressing women. You seem like a decent example of this, you seem to want everything. Pick the things that are most important to you and focus on them.

• Just read this. Thanks for sharing.
    What an insightful breath of fresh air.
    A very eye opening peek into the female psyche, and an honest one at that.
    Folks, these are pearls of wisdom.
    Pay attention.

• Know it alls

only can talk about sports and Video Games.

chews with his mouth open.

Small penises.. LOL

• “Okay, so you're a rocket scientist?
    So, you got the brain but have you got the touch?”
    I feel sorry for whoever you had to say this to.
    That's gotta hurt.

• Everyone have different tastes. Some girls are impressed by money while others are not. There is also sapiosexuality that make you attracted to intelligent peoples. Everyone seek different things In partners.

• the kind of guy that laughs and cries and who is cuddly and vulnerable is probably interested in other men not women.

• If I impress someone at some point thats fine but I definitely dont see the point of trying anymore. The more you try to be impressive, the less impressive it is. The less you try, the less impressive as well. You just have to be impressive and flaunt it. But if you were born a mere peon then dont even bother. You'll never "impress" her.

• Very good one. Lots of men just want to impress and they don’t realise that when you’ve been together for a few months, you get comfortable and that coat of shine they covered themselves with starts to fade...
    I experienced that with my ex. Saying so many amazing things about how he does his own laundry and can cook and so obsessed with his hair... always a know it all, when I was honest and myself. after a year and a half of relationship we were living together and I was cooking, cleaning, doing his laundry, and even cut his hair. This is my fault and I get it. I let him fool me. But never again. After 5 years together I broke up. He was telling me I’m too strong, independent and too impressive. I’m successful in my career I’m right in my choices, I earn twice the amount of money he does. So he felt small, and took a hit to his ego. Well, piss off. That’s what I said 🤷🏻‍♀️

• FT working single dad , the LAST thing I would ever do is attempt to " impress " a woman. If they like me , great !! If not , not a flying one given , the only women in my life are arms length platonic friends , I do not want to endure another relationship. " Talk to me about how vulnerable you are " ..., big NO , for a man , that WILL be used as ammunition against him at some point , and will be taken as a sign of weakness , that is reality !!

• Well, some women do get iimpressed by stuff that most others don't get iimpressed by. Shallowness is always bad, though.

• that`s why she said things men do that SOME women aren`t impressed by

• It's reasonable, a male scientist wouldn't talk to some woman about scientific theories unless he thinks she could understand it, which is why scientists only date intellectual women.

Men who work on rockets, who fly planes, who build skyscrapers don't impress me either. A woman who could accomplish those things would be impressive and truly different from the rest. I share the sentiment of Shania Twain and the rest of the unimpressed women, that intelligence in women is more impressive because it's rarer.

• "Men who work on rockets, who fly planes, who build skyscrapers don't impress me either. A woman who could accomplish those things would be impressive and truly different from the rest."
      Well, that's just plain old sexism. The first half of your name is spot on - you're a beta.

• @Benedek38 nice try, beta is the numale who complains about sexism without looking at the statistics :))

• I'm so weird. I'm not like most girls. I like it when men are smart, willing to share and talk about stuff I have no idea, so that I can learn new things. In vice versa, I think it's not normal if a man talks about "feeling". Men would like to be protectors. If they show their weaknees to you, how could you rely and feel safe when being with them? Somehow I think one would use the word to make a woman feel like he cares. It could be a lie. I don't believe in that kind of word at all.
    Plus, how can you compare yourself to a car? (actually that sounds like getting jealous of it.) If a man wants to express about his property, his success, it may imply that he could be a provider, for you? I don't know maybe I'm wrong.

• "I'm not like most girls".

• @lightbulb27 Thank you. Now I would like to know what make a man feel intimidated by a woman? Her strength? Her intelligence? Her social status?

• You are not "feminine". What do you mean? He has to feel like he can contribute and be something for you, the man for you. We are opposites in energy.. feminine and masculine and all exist somewhere on that spectrum. Most females are emotional but some are more logical and dont' expose emotion.

Are you projecting feminine energy, sexuality? If so, you can project "I've got this all under control and power", and still draw men. If you are projecting masculine power, then you'll need a more effemininate guy... I suspect. Or you can figure out why you are functioing as you are and bring out the feminine... which is deep emotional junk probably.

Someone who has feeling bailed? Makes me think he thought about his feeling and decided otherwise... for whatever reason. He got scared. I ran from a lot of women, of different types, that was me issue not her. Maybe because you are more strong you draw emotionally weak guys... e. g. low self worth and they aren't ready?

If the woman is sexy... femine... she can b intelligent, confident, etc.. and draw men. The issue is if she projects "welcome sign", positive energy. If negative, depressed, moody, bitchy, grumpy or any of the other female dwarfettes... lol..., not attractive, guys run.

• i really liked this. i love shania but this was such a bitchy song.

• Do men want to impress women?

I don't think it's needed for me considering if a woman is impressed by me to the point of finding romantic interest in me... I consider them an airhead.

• I would want them to be more expressive. That's pretty much it

• It only takes a bit of simple human knowledge for guys to be able to read what the girl is into.
    Sadly, many don't have that ability :/

Also, those song lyrics don't really correlate with your article, it sounds to me that she's a woman who hates/doesn't care about a man's qualities as long as he isn't good in bed, sounds kinda slutty to me lol

• 6d

You sound like such a nice woman, wanting to hear about your man's insecurities wanting to be really close to him. It's like you want to be able to help him the best you can so you can live a happy life together. How sweet!

One little comment though, it's always best to tell that kind of stuff directly to the person you wish. Communication is best.

• I gotta ask - are there differences how you look at this now that you're in your 30s compared to your 20s?

• awesome, great job interleaving a lot of points with the song — a few hit home with me — it’s never too late to change 👍

• Srsly a woman would ignore these if she's a attracted to a male maybe figure it out later but not at first just stop listing your nonsense traits and qualities relationships aren't a job resume

• things that women do that dont impress men... = post lame meme's of femenist things, post opinions and not questions on a question-answer website, make no sense

• i will stop trying to impress women much, thank you

• I feel like you are going to die alone. Your wish list might feel realistic to you but trust me, you're in for shock. And let's not forget the most important part here, the other side is going to have a wish list too. Probably not as long as yours (few do) but you better be damn sure your ticking a lot of boxes.

Understand yours by doing this. Stand naked in front of the mirror, holding up your harvard law degree and home baked apple pie. If you can't do that ( who could?) get as close to that as you can so you can truly understand what you are offering up. Understand if you are shop bought apple pie or homemade

Either that or get ready to die with you cats.

• no offense but judging by your vocabulary in this whole take I think trying to impress someone like you is a waste of time either way

• All she is saying; none of those things listed can be substituted for being FUN

• @Prof_Don i'm pretty sure her definition of FUN is drama and attention because so far all the women I met with this attitude ended up being this way at lightning speed

• according to this post its like you seem to find a reason not to get impressed by thinking in a negative way, and i hate when guys trying to impress people i find it desperate and stupid

• Shit. I'm an undesirable man...

(Know it all, vain, doctor's uniform but nit super social, boyfriend thinks I'm out of his leagie

• Well... I dunno what I read, but that felt so pointless.

• I think it's funny you use this song considering Shania husband cheated on her. Lol

Show More
58