Guys, do you care if your SO is poor?

Asume that the girl is hot and you have a very good income.

• I don't care if she is poor
    60%(21)77%(79)Vote87%(58)
  • I don't want to be with a poor girl
    40%(14)23%(23)Vote13%(9)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• My plan has always been to be the provider for my future family. If my future spouse is poor that has absolutely no influence in terms of whether or not I date, and potentially, marry them. It doesn't change my plans at all.

What Guys Said 37

• Women can get away with being poor as men are typically not looking for a financier.
    It's not enough just to look hot though, she's going to have to have something about her.
    A successful and professional man will want a woman that can move in the same circles.

• My wife was poor for a very long time while she was in graduate school. Now she makes about what I do, and she gave me her entire annual salary for the first two years after college to spend however I wanted, for supporting her through school.

• With all the feminist crap shoved down men's throats about equality, why would I want to date a woman any less capable and successful, if I had a "very good income." If you're truly equal, then you can take equal care of equal obligations and equal responsibilities.

I guess if she was REALLY, REALLY hot, then perhaps I might consider it.

• Yes, I do. There's nothing you can do about your background, but once you're near my age you should be a self-sufficient responsible adult or you won't be a good match for me.

In general there's a huge double standard here between men and women and I think men in general are way too desperate for pussy. Fellas: you don't have to put up with spoilt princesses who don't want to work they find "beneath them". And yes, this sounds harsh, but honestly, most women have gone to college so they have no excuse to be poor: they could have chosen a major with good prospects, or have gone to a good trade school, that's what's expected of men and in an equal world that should be expected of women as well. If a woman only wants to take the path of least resistance and has no real ambitions then what exactly should a man with grit and ambitions see in her?

• Not in the slightest. I don't want to support her but if I care I will help anyway I can. I've done it before.

• Cmon... we know girls care - it's like at the top of their list
    ' is this man able to be a real man and afford me, yadayada yada, if this man can't even buy dinner on the first date what makes me think he can afford a house for us'

some bs like that
    now men don't care as much which is why you see sexy babes with ugly dudes with cash...

• Poor, I don't care. Freeloader, I do care.

• I would not date a poor woman, nope. Contrary to what many people say, I'm a believer in both parties in a relationship carrying their own weight.

• Men and women have different prefrences when it comes to relationships and marraige. All i can say is that the girl being hot is not enough she would need to have more to offer ie great cooking, laundry, housework etc

• Ladies talk about levels and lanes and standards and how they don't want a man they aren't attracted to.

I'm not attracted to a broke female, that indicates she's lazy and uses others for money instead of earning her own.

If females are going to reject men based off looks and finances then we are going to do the same back.

• I wouldn't care if they ARE poor I would care WHY they are poor eg if it was because they are supporting siblings etc I would think better of them if it was because they couldn't be fucked to get a job or gambled etc I would care

• All my girls don't have a pot to piss in I have to take care of everything

• Hot or not. I don't care if she is poor. Unless she just doesn't want to work. It's my job as her man to provide for her and lift her up, where she feels taken care of and comfortable in life.

• I care very little about a womans finances, usually its them with that problem. The most superficial thing about my standards is looks, like having a big fat ass

• As long as she is actively looking for a job, that's what she can do to satisfy me.

"Asume that the girl is hot and you have a very good income."
    "you have a very good income."

Nein! I'm not a fucking sugar daddy! I'm out!

• I’d rather not date somebody who is poor. If they are bad with money and that’s the reason they are poor then I would for sure not date them.

• If she's poor and educated and decent and elegant then I got no problem but most probably she won't be as poverty affects the human behaviour

• I wouldn't care if the girl was poor i mean i would help take care of her. if anyone cares that ur poor then they are not worth being with in a relationship

• It depends, for me; she has to be in a similar social level... too much extremities don't do much of attraction.

• I never consider money a problem in life. I focus on things that really matter in life. And I don't mean modern life.

• Poor no freeloader yes and It's more that money is an added bonus.

• If she is trying to Not be poor why Not Just Put the Money toegether and bei Happy?
    But Just when IT is serious and she is Not a gold digger

• I don't care, as long as she doesn't like me for my money or stupid spend said money.

• I can not put myself in the position of a rich man, I would never be rich, it is against my principles.

And I would love a very poor girl, I would also form a family, I would break my spine working so that nothing is missing.

• I wouldn't care unless she's poor by choice (not wanting to work)

• I wouldn't care. If I liked her for who she is, I would be with her in a relationship.

• No, I wouldn't care if she isn't after my money and can do everything a housewife should do.

• Id worry if she's after my money for sure

• does she have a job? can she live on a budget? if either of those ate no, it's a no go.

• I've got a house wife so that makes us both poor

• Are you upset by that? Would you prefer if she worked?

• we have a 1 year old and a 3 year old so child care in England is insane as you don't get any help from the government if you earn over a certain amount so the cost would cancel out her earnings making it pointless
      I just reserve the right to moan about it
      she's just got her qualifications in eye lashes which she can do at home so hopefully she will start to bring some money in

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 4

• well I mean if you really love eachother, regardless of who had the higher or lower income, you'd be able to make it work.

• fuck no! I want my girl to take care of me! hahaha!

• Guys don't care it as much as girls

• If he's got a good heart and is the love of my life, idc. I'll love all of his flaws.