Would you rather be in a long distance relationship or be single?

There are a lot of problems you face when you're in a long distance relationship. The distance, communication problems and even different time zones.
Would you just rather avoid all those problems and stay single until you find a person that lives near you? Would you rather be in a long distance relationship or be single?
  • Long distance relationship
    Vote A
  • I'd rather be single
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• Oh, that's a good question.

I've done ldrs, and honestly it can feel like you're single sometimes since they're not physically there with you.

But for the right person? I think I'd be open to a ldr. As long as there's LOTS of communication, visits, and he can control his hormones and not cheat.

In the meantime, I'll just stay single- it's a lot easier and less drama, lol

0|1
    0|0
  • If you can trust a person 100% then long distance is easy but if he will just cheat on me I'd rather be single. Some people are worth being in a long distance relationship with.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

What happens when you trust them 100% but loose feelings?

• 3d

@eva888 then it wasn't meant to be. I don't know I've never lost feelings for someone in a long distance. But i suppose it all goes down to how much you liked him to begin with. But i can't judge

• as with many things, everything is circumstantial...

for me, if I feel the relationship is worthwhile, then that means a long distance relationship is worth the effort it requires.

of course, not everyone can handle such a situation, and in certain situations I would choose being single any day over putting effort into a long-distance.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm in one right now and its going beautiful <3
    Although, I keep telling my close friends to never try an Ldr, because its difficult and I dont want them to go through what we have gone through and I know them. If they give me a confidence that they'll handle it all fine without breaking down cuz of their relationship, ill let them be in an LDR. LDR's are difficult, but if you both are strong enough, love each other a lot, trust each other completely and make efforts to make your relationship work, everything will go just fine.

Also, remember instead of looking for love, look for what's not love and you'll find what's love eventually.

1|2
    0|0
    • 4d

I agree don't try it cause it is so hard but I'm in love with my girl and I would not trade her for anything.

• 4d

@Dim1213 yes, that's absolutely right. People shouldn't go looking for a long distance lover. I never went out looking for one, we just talked as friends and things went further. I'm really happy with my SO right now and I love him completely.

• 3d

Me too ☺

• After a dramatic Long distance relationship, I believe I’ve vowed to myself never to be in one again 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess that it doesn’t hurt to try a LDR. I would only last for like a year maybe and then get tired of it if I never met him in person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Single, but that can be a bit difficult also bc I tend to fall "in like" with people pretty easily.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

im in long distance right now, and i think the same is happening to me

• I’m in a long distance and it’s not bad. I like it

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm in a ldr atm

0|1
    0|0
  • LDR isn't a relationship in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • Single tried one before but it didn't work out

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d rather be single.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather be single. LDR is hard.

0|0
    0|0
  • Single

0|0
    0|0
  • Single. I tried ldr and it was the worst.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm currently in a long distance relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Currently in one right now

0|0
    0|0
  • LDR's never work for me, I'll just stay single

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 21

• If you're planning to do a long distance relationship, be prepared to face the absence of physical touch and being on top of your game in terms of communication. If you love someone enough, you'll do whatever you can make the relationship work, despite the long distance. Otherwise, it's much easier to save yourself the drama and unneeded stress by being single until you've found someone you can be with face to face for a relationship. Personally, I'd rather be single than in a long distance relationship because I'm someone who craves physical/emotional intimacy and enjoys being their significant other around the clock so the distance would eventually drive me insane from loneliness.

I just feel like long distance relationships really don't work out all that much because there's a lack of expression from both partners when anything can happen and be hidden behind a screen, a loss of physical/emotional connection that you experience in person with someone and/or adapting into a lifestyle where you're never sure what your significant other may be doing while you aren't talking with them. To some it's successful but to many, it's a prolonged relationship waiting to collapse upon the first person who flakes out.

1|1
    0|0
  • If i were single then i'd either conciously be taking time out or in the market one way or another.
    Long distance relationships aren't for me. I like the intimacy side of things too much. Not necassaily sex, just being able to have a hug or kiss. If regularily apart from SO for more than 3 or 4 weeks and that not be a temporary situation i think i'd move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Single, I think at least then I wouldn’t have to feel bad about trying to make something real happen. Unless I was loaded with “fuck you” money and could afford to take chances on people flying out everywhere.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm happy in mine but I don't advise it to others cause its so hard.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm in one right now. We do have problems sometimes but it doesn't matter. I wouldn't break up especially in my situation because I feel like she's the "one" so we want to make it work out.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've always had a fascination of having a solid relationship with that of the live body species then that of the glass screen kind.

0|0
    0|0
  • if it's gonna be a few months, i'll go for ldr. if it's a year or more, i'd stay single.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather be single than waste my time on someone I will most likely never meet in person.

0|0
    0|0
  • im about to go to boot camp so its boutta be long distance with little communication

0|0
    0|0
  • relationships are not just communication but also touching

0|0
    0|0
  • There is lots of available women so I will go for the ones I can physically see.

0|0
    0|0
  • Single as long distance relationship never work out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Single every time long distance is a fools game

0|1
    0|0
  • I rather single single indefinitely, regardless.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on when and how we met

0|0
    0|0
  • Single.

0|0
    0|0
  • An LDR

0|0
    0|0
  • Long distance is a waste of time

0|0
    0|0
  • long distance for me

0|0
    0|0
  • I been in many LDRs and I feel comfortable in LDRs

0|0
    0|0
  • Single allows you to bang as many girls as you want, being in a LDR is simply being single but not being allowed to look for pussy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes