Women have a "biological clock", men have a "financial clock"?

Heard Steve Harvey mention this (Video below) and it kinda just hit that relatable button in me. Do you have a financial clock? What you think about it?

https://youtu.be/FlXiY1seb40
  • yes
    Vote A
  • no
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
But my love was only meant for you, diana now too. I cannot be some prostitute handed to a brothel. I would be too ashamed in knowing that I wasn't good enough for you and you cast me away to the hungry wolves.
Oh thats where that reply went lol. Forget the embarrassing update lol. Omg what a whoops

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• When it comes to settling down/starting a family yes I’d agree with that for a good portion of men.
    I know that’s the pressure of requirements they have but life is what happens when you’re waiting for the milestones... careers and money is something so hard to measure that when is enough enough to move onto those next steps?
    I’m infertile, if I waited for my husband to be financially ready without my help I’d probably have missed my window. Fertility declined steeply with age, couples need to find a balance between being ready financially/career wise and still being able to physically have children

0|3
    1|0
    • I think you bring up a good point. Waiting too long is very bad.

There was a time when money didn't really exist, still had to raise a family (I mean that very loosely, ancient times were living nightmares) People shouldn't get too boggled down with trying to provide a perfect scenario for their offspring. You really do have a shorter window then what you would hope for and waiting too long is a bad choice.

I think if we reincolcated good family values we might be able to bypass most of it too. Like just knowing that a family can still be great despite financial challenges is worthwhile, hell we kinda fought that battle historically so we know its possible. But teaching skills and such to make these things seem more real would be a good start. You dont see wisdom being a thing running through society nowadays

• Show All
    • @NYCQuestions1976 wow go you! Parenting is much harder than I thought it would be lol single parents are practically super human in my eyes 😂

• Well my retired parents help out a lot, which is great because I also work full time.

• I think what Steve is true. Women have their plans and expectations but men need to put their financial act together. If a man gets married when he is not prepared financially and emotionally, that can bring friction into the relationship because women can deliver their expectations but rarely do they support the husband. So it’s more convenient and fun to enjoy a relationship without binding each other until they are ready. Just support each other to get where both want to get, that’s where you will measure the strength and the love in the relationship too.

0|2
    2|0
    • Agreed. can't have a happy marriage in a unhappy life. can't have a happy life if you're broke... sort of.

Thats a good motto and measure too you got there.

• 3d

"can't have a happy marriage in a unhappy life."

gold

Most Helpful Guys

• Maybe, but not every man is going to want a family, regardless of their financial situation. Not every man will believe that having a family, a partner, spouse, offspring or a relationship, etc. is going to bring them any or guarantee them any actual "fulfillment", "happiness" or "wholesomeness". I believe that even if I was wealthy as fuck and I'd still feel and have the same feelings of futility and emptiness that I've always felt about this world and reality. And I know that even by having a partner, spouse, family, offspring etc. SOLVES NOTHING, DOES NOTHING TO RESOLVE NOR FIX HOW I FEEL ABOUT ALL OF IT.

As for clocks, that's in regards to time limit, we're all on a time limit here one way or another, and then our time will inevitably be up one way or another, no matter what.

1|2
    0|0
    • There's certainly an unnamed number of things that cause such a thing like what these clocks are refering to.

Im sorry to hear of your situation. I'm sure many people feel the same way.

Since it is a feeling of emptiness, one can't simply feel fulfilled because this emptiness implies there is some sort of draining hole. Trying to be fulfilled is only a fleeting feeling in this case. Filling or sealing that hole needs to happen first.

But exposing that there is such a whole can really help people make sense out of what other problems we have that have relation with this problem.

• No, but evaluating the practicality of long term decisions is real. Obviously you’re not going to marry a girl who bites off more than she can chew. If she’s impulsive and wants to get married and have five kids and wants to start her own bakery and own a big house, and and and and…. But she doesn’t have the wherewithal to make it happen and it will all fall on your shoulders then there is trouble down the road. If she has more realistic goals that seem manageable then you can put off becoming Scrooge McDuck until later in life and include her in your life now and work towards your goals as life progresses. Obviously you want to be able to help each other with things that matter. You just have to keep your feet on the ground when you do that.

0|1
    0|1
    • People do though, they do bite off more than they can chew but they shouldn't. But considering that they guy is dating her than I guess long term sustainability isn't his forte.

Your right that people do need to to make sure they dont over stress about money. Thats a tragic ending.

Steve's pointing out how the guy feels though and it happens. When it happens who knows if its going to be themself or not its happening to. He does give a good explaination as to why the dudes avoiding commitment. I think one suggestion towards a solution is practically what you said, reintroduce the term planning into peoples vocabulary. but also other things ofcoarse.

• Show All
    • Who are you to say you know what any reality is when you can't even point out what went wrong in our discussion. It was actually you that instigated the conflict and it was you having the hisy fit. It wasn't me accusing you that you must be some whatever because stupid reasons. That was you. I responded in kind. So are you dense or delusional?

• Go back further where you make sweeping judgements about all men, dismiss anything that doesn’t align with your view as the exception to the rule (even when it's the majority not an outlier), and then call people messed up because they go to preschool. You’re fucked in the head dude. You talk mad shit about the majority of people, someone points out facts to you and then you have a fit. Get help.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Personally, I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator.

3|1
    0|0
    • 5d

omg lmao

• 1d

When disaster strikes there is only one brand rescuers turn to for help.

When Granpa's pacemaker need a trusted power source.

When you are tired and don't want to waste time and money on a date.

Turn to Durcell, America's #1 longest lasting trusted battery brand.

Dooo Dooooo Dooooo!

• 1d

@FCDALLASFAN1 perfect commercial 😁

• Probably true for most people but I have no bio clock so I’m in the clear 😘

1|2
    0|1
    • so jelly of you

• No need. I don’t understand why people panic over these things. Some people aren’t parent material and it’s just in the worlds best interest if they don’t have kids. And then if you are meant to have kids, that doesn’t mean they need to be biological. Everyone with a dysfunctional family should know that blood doesn’t mean everything. The whole hang up on passing down dna is nothing but projected pride. Humans should learn to humble themselves.

Sorry bout my mini rant ☺️☺️☺️

• As reasonable as that may sound I don't believe it is enough to subside anyone elses worries. Although, it's not like there's much of anything that can do that.

I really dont mind rants. I like them so long as they aren't too dastardly.

• Nope, otherwise I'd say my "financial clock" >>>> my "biological clock" LMAO

2|0
    0|1
    • Its kinda directed towards guys in that way. Girls can still answer what they think about the idea but its not asking if girls have a financial clock. Although I dont see why we can't if it were interesting enough.

• Show All
    • No, at least there is no one only for women and one only for men. Both genders may have both in different proportion depending on the person

• Sure, I don't think people would mean such a thing otherwise. They would specify such a distinction, such as all women, all men etc. Or it may just be implied by some other factor like a broad cultural reference.

I was just trying to pin point what you meant though. I think I get what you were trying to say

• False and ignorant. It’s not only about money with men and it’s not only about looks with women.

1|1
    2|1
    • Money and looks mean nothing. In the end it's all the same, it all fades and then inevitably WE'LL ALL DIE.

• Show All
    • Fixes nothing. Referring to how everything and everybody comes to an end inevitably. But if it's something somebody really believes in and is absolutely certain that it's going to bring them joy, "happiness", "fulfillment" and makes them comfy, then so be it. All nothing more than futile attempts to try and fill a void and emptiness in their existence is how I look at it and feel about it.

• That is if it presumed that all men will be very rich and women will become very poor as I am pretty sure enough money attracts sugarbabies on both sides. It also neglects the fact that both males and females can't have kids past 40/50.

Just checked that average age for menopause is 51 and males struggle having kids post 40. ALSO for women who partner up with men over 40, the chance of miscarriage, if conceived, is 27% higher. (https://fertilityfirst. com. au/impact-age-male-fertility/) .

So, no. We both have a bio clock, men even more than women. Depending on where we live, we can usually acquire partners easier if we have money. Maybe not the type of partners we should desire, but partners nevertheless.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your not wrong

0|2
    0|0
  • Great, I have both.

1|0
    0|0
  • this makes a lot of sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • i learned my abcs before i could tie my shoes

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• Steve Harvey is so on point with that.

I'm going to generalize and say often women just think what they want by what time without considering "is this even possible? Do we (or even worse 'does he') have what it takes?". Meanwhile men are busy with these considerations and the last thing on their minds are the end goals like women tend to do. Women sometimes tend to not understand us. No offense.

So yeah, i do have a freaking financial clock. It's part of my survival instincts.

0|3
    1|0
    • there's got to be a major shift in culture about one aspect in this. The feminist mantras are somewhat on point but the whole "kill all men" thing really makes them lose credibility. That thing is that men do need to be able to learn how to communicate better. Like, this is another symptom of the breakdown in communication between partners. Like, the girl you are speaking of clearly needs to be corrected in her absent mindedness and the guy has to be able to let her know the full situation.

The feminist thing is BS though because while they say "open with our feelings" they actually mean "do as we say and be another girl in our cult" Its about conformity with an idealogy.

there's that and women really need to start loving men because while they spew garbage about equality the have absolutely no intention to listen to mens feelings. They are actually the sole cause of everything they project. Women got to start seeing men as vulnerable and emotional too, because they dont. They equate girls feelings and the way girls react with emotions as the only emotional response. When guys have a different way of being emotional and just because they are not acting like girls doesn't mean they are psychopaths. Girls gotta start caring for men.

• Show All
    • Again, thank you for your kindness.

• You're welcome bro!

• The financial clock is dependent upon your career. I know lawyers who are making more in their 60's than they ever made before. My uncle was career military and retired before 50. He has a lifetime pension that is more than the median income in Orange County, which is pretty high. He also has a second career and makes another $80K there, so for him, too, he is making more than ever.

0|1
    0|1
  • Of course the hoe wants be a mother and a wife because it requires no work on her end. A man has to bust his ass to set up a lifestyle appropriate for a family

1|3
    2|0
    • Regardless a man should.
      A women should want things like kids and a family too.

• Everyone has a biological clock, there have been extensive studies on it.

2|2
    0|0
    • I am unaware of this and what it means.

• It basically tells you when to eat, when to sleep, e. t. c.
      It's your schedule.

• Oh. The biological clock is in context of the video link above. So, we aren't really discussing other clocks.

• This is absolutely accurate. Ladies, Steve Harvey knows what he's talking about when it comes to men. I have watched so many of his episodes through the years and he hasn't said anything that makes me question him. I'd say he's a great source to learn from.

0|0
    1|0
  • No because u can make a career when u are whatever age 30 40 or 50 , but girls can't have kids after they are like 35 so its kind of true and after 30 its dangerous the older woman is the more dangerous is for her to have kids
    So female clock is true , but male for money is not true

0|0
    2|0
    • 1d

males can't have kids after 35/40 also. Pretty sure if you are rich enough you can get a sugarbaby even as a female.

• Ever wondered why women start to panic when they're approaching 30s? After years of chasing and banging with hot guys, suddenly they are willing to settle down with a guy who they would even not touch with a stick if they were younger... This happens due to biological clock as they have to start a family and time is running out, so they take what they can get.

In a such situation most of guys do fatal mistake and enter a relationship, not fully leveraging their position. What they should do instead is to fuck her and move to next girl and repeat the cycle. Guys in 30s have great positions due to built careers, gathered wealth and experiences, yet they waste everything into some used chick past expiration period.
    And one more thing: women like fucking older guys, so that's a perk too. It's not unusual if a teen girl has sex with a guy in 30s or 40s. Use this as well.

0|2
    3|0
    • I don't think a good strategy with dealing with entitled, whorey women is to sleep with them and chuck them. Maybe you meant more but as it is thats a bad plan. Thats a total justification for whores to abuse men. "Men just sleep with me for sex, why can't I sleep with them for money?" Its bad. Its also like giving crack to a junky. You shouldn't worsen an addicts addiction by giving them more drugs. We still have to look after the broader society and even when these girls are distasteful we can't just go treating women like garbage. The solution is, dont sleep with them. Keep it on your pants. Dont me a man whore.

• I'm approaching 30 and I don't panic at all period

• Lmao I like how you try to excuse pedophiles while saying this other crappy stuff

• Ummm... yeah except maybe the dude didn't want to get married in the first place, since most guys don't actually want that. It's usually the female pushing marriage, not the guy. Not always, but usually.

0|0
    2|0
  • there's a Johnson and Johnson commercial thats on the television, and thers a part which always kills me. I want to be a father. but life seems to be passing me by

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a sexy clock.

0|1
    0|1
  • I have an enormous cock.

0|3
    0|1
  • Correct for the most part.

0|1
    1|1
  • Money isn't everything, but it is.

0|1
    0|0
  • Makes sense to me. And why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I agree for the most part.

0|0
    1|0
  • That was a good video and Steve Harvey nailed it. I think women today tend to be very self centered and often don't REALLY consider the man's perspective like this.

0|2
    1|0
    • Well I agree somewhat. Like sure there's girls like that. But in a case like this chick on that video, its not an obvious problem. Like not much cultural factors can lead to being unable to read a person like that. I mean, there are self centered women but at the same time its ordinary among people to miss these kind of things. at least I dont think this particular girl would easily fit into those other brackets

• Show All
    • LOL... I was wondering where you were trying to go with hat one.

Recommended myTakes