Women have a "biological clock", men have a "financial clock"?

Heard Steve Harvey mention this (Video below) and it kinda just hit that relatable button in me. Do you have a financial clock? What you think about it?

https://youtu.be/FlXiY1seb40
  • yes
  • no
But my love was only meant for you, diana now too. I cannot be some prostitute handed to a brothel. I would be too ashamed in knowing that I wasn't good enough for you and you cast me away to the hungry wolves.
Oh thats where that reply went lol. Forget the embarrassing update lol. Omg what a whoops

1118

Most Helpful Girls

• When it comes to settling down/starting a family yes I’d agree with that for a good portion of men.
    I know that’s the pressure of requirements they have but life is what happens when you’re waiting for the milestones... careers and money is something so hard to measure that when is enough enough to move onto those next steps?
    I’m infertile, if I waited for my husband to be financially ready without my help I’d probably have missed my window. Fertility declined steeply with age, couples need to find a balance between being ready financially/career wise and still being able to physically have children

• I think you bring up a good point. Waiting too long is very bad.

There was a time when money didn't really exist, still had to raise a family (I mean that very loosely, ancient times were living nightmares) People shouldn't get too boggled down with trying to provide a perfect scenario for their offspring. You really do have a shorter window then what you would hope for and waiting too long is a bad choice.

I think if we reincolcated good family values we might be able to bypass most of it too. Like just knowing that a family can still be great despite financial challenges is worthwhile, hell we kinda fought that battle historically so we know its possible. But teaching skills and such to make these things seem more real would be a good start. You dont see wisdom being a thing running through society nowadays

• @NYCQuestions1976 wow go you! Parenting is much harder than I thought it would be lol single parents are practically super human in my eyes 😂

• Well my retired parents help out a lot, which is great because I also work full time.

• I think what Steve is true. Women have their plans and expectations but men need to put their financial act together. If a man gets married when he is not prepared financially and emotionally, that can bring friction into the relationship because women can deliver their expectations but rarely do they support the husband. So it’s more convenient and fun to enjoy a relationship without binding each other until they are ready. Just support each other to get where both want to get, that’s where you will measure the strength and the love in the relationship too.

• Agreed. can't have a happy marriage in a unhappy life. can't have a happy life if you're broke... sort of.

Thats a good motto and measure too you got there.

• 3d

"can't have a happy marriage in a unhappy life."

gold

Most Helpful Guys

• Maybe, but not every man is going to want a family, regardless of their financial situation. Not every man will believe that having a family, a partner, spouse, offspring or a relationship, etc. is going to bring them any or guarantee them any actual "fulfillment", "happiness" or "wholesomeness". I believe that even if I was wealthy as fuck and I'd still feel and have the same feelings of futility and emptiness that I've always felt about this world and reality. And I know that even by having a partner, spouse, family, offspring etc. SOLVES NOTHING, DOES NOTHING TO RESOLVE NOR FIX HOW I FEEL ABOUT ALL OF IT.

As for clocks, that's in regards to time limit, we're all on a time limit here one way or another, and then our time will inevitably be up one way or another, no matter what.

• There's certainly an unnamed number of things that cause such a thing like what these clocks are refering to.

Im sorry to hear of your situation. I'm sure many people feel the same way.

Since it is a feeling of emptiness, one can't simply feel fulfilled because this emptiness implies there is some sort of draining hole. Trying to be fulfilled is only a fleeting feeling in this case. Filling or sealing that hole needs to happen first.

But exposing that there is such a whole can really help people make sense out of what other problems we have that have relation with this problem.

• No, but evaluating the practicality of long term decisions is real. Obviously you’re not going to marry a girl who bites off more than she can chew. If she’s impulsive and wants to get married and have five kids and wants to start her own bakery and own a big house, and and and and…. But she doesn’t have the wherewithal to make it happen and it will all fall on your shoulders then there is trouble down the road. If she has more realistic goals that seem manageable then you can put off becoming Scrooge McDuck until later in life and include her in your life now and work towards your goals as life progresses. Obviously you want to be able to help each other with things that matter. You just have to keep your feet on the ground when you do that.

• People do though, they do bite off more than they can chew but they shouldn't. But considering that they guy is dating her than I guess long term sustainability isn't his forte.

Your right that people do need to to make sure they dont over stress about money. Thats a tragic ending.

Steve's pointing out how the guy feels though and it happens. When it happens who knows if its going to be themself or not its happening to. He does give a good explaination as to why the dudes avoiding commitment. I think one suggestion towards a solution is practically what you said, reintroduce the term planning into peoples vocabulary. but also other things ofcoarse.

• Who are you to say you know what any reality is when you can't even point out what went wrong in our discussion. It was actually you that instigated the conflict and it was you having the hisy fit. It wasn't me accusing you that you must be some whatever because stupid reasons. That was you. I responded in kind. So are you dense or delusional?

• Go back further where you make sweeping judgements about all men, dismiss anything that doesn’t align with your view as the exception to the rule (even when it's the majority not an outlier), and then call people messed up because they go to preschool. You’re fucked in the head dude. You talk mad shit about the majority of people, someone points out facts to you and then you have a fit. Get help.