Are relationships worth the trouble in 2019?

Are they worth it?
Are they worth it?
  • YES
  • NO
  • Other (explain)
    Vote C

2530

Most Helpful Guys

• Generally, no. Thanks to our overly digitized culture, everone is just in a hurry all the time, and it's all about instant gratification. People have no patience anymore, and patience is crucial for a successful relationship. It's also imperative for both parties to have patience for that to work.

What's the point of starting a relationship only to get dumped over trivial BS? I noticed that I have been a lot more careful and weary when it comes to relationships because I'm tired of dealing with flaky women. I wouldn't be surprised if that's a problem that women frequently run into as well, but because I'm a man, I can't make any concrete claims about that.

Oh! And the most annoying part is folks who ghost you instead of growing a pair of gonads, and actually telling you that they're no longer interested.

Of the many potential SO's I've communicated with over the last 4 months, only 1 (yes, you read correctly, ONE) had the decency to tell me she's not interested after talking for 2 weeks. It's just annoying.

It's so bad, that I now expect to be ghosted everytime, and in the rare occasions when I'm explicitly told it's over, I'm so happy that she actually told me, that I forget that she's no longer interested 😂 (and there's nothing wrong with that).

• What trouble? Relationships are not trouble. If anything having a loving person at your side, who gets you, who listens to you, who hugs you and tell everything i going to be oukey is the solution not the problem. Having a healthy relationship is like a remedy to your soul. Everything seems dark and ever so easily the person you love comes and makes everything better without trying. And you can do the same for them! It's beautiful and it's the best in the world. If all of this is worth any trouble, whatever it is that you mean, yes of course it is!

Most Helpful Girls

• I believe if both parties are mature enough to put down their phones and put in actual work on emotional and intellectual connections then yes! Well worth it! But if we sit behind our phones, dive headstrong into our jobs, ignore that that person exists until after 5pm then no. Basically be a grown up if you want a relationship. Be a kid if you just want to fuck.

*descends soapbox politely... places mic in stand... walks away*

• With social media being as big as it is nowadays, it’s really hard to trust people, being as it’s so easy to meet new people, message them, and meet them, despite being in a relationship. I know of way too many relationships that have been wrecked by it so I just choose to focus on myself.