Who is happier being single? Men or women?

Who is happier being single? Men or women?Who is happier being single? Men or women?

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I can’t speak for the rest of the women, but I think women cope easily with the idea of being single, I don’t think women mind unless they are reaching a certain age in which is expected of them to be in a relationship by society or family. Men on the other hand always give me the vibe that they have a hard time coping with being single, some men see it as a form of failure. This may not apply to all men, but the majority I’ve come across have that attitude in common.

20|9
    0|16
    • Show All
    • Interesting! Well thank you for the MHO even if it has been “controversial”. 😁

• That was one of the reasons I chose your answer. And you're welcome

• Men. Women need connection more.

2|22
    11|3
    • Tbh at some point also men need a woman... they were created to be together...

Once married and if they truly love each other, they prefer to die on being without each other...

• Show All
    • My pleasure!

• @TonyMetal86 Honestly you just lack awareness of what’s going on... that, or you’re just... in denial or some shit like that

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a feeling there is a curve where men will gradually find it easier to be single as their hormones decrease and women will find it gradually harder to be single as their biological clock runs out. So it will likely depend on how old someone is.

In general its really tied to the individual but i do have the impression men have a stronger desire for sex and girls a stronger desire for romance that makes being single a bit easier for men.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'd say men and before a keyboard warrior, incel creams his kickers I say this because most women naturally prefer companionship whilst men on the other hand can deal better without being in a relationship as long as sex is still a option for them.

2|7
    1|2
  • These replies... good grief. So glad to see everyone's keeping an open mind towards others opinions! Lol
    If a woman says they're happier single, the men downvote her. If a guy says men are happier single, they get downvoted!

Realistically? I think it comes down to the individual, NOT gender. I'm a female that's legitimately happy single, yet I've met and spoken with other single women younger and older that are miserable alone.

Same concept goes with men. Some people are just naturally happy not in a relationship! Gender plays no part.

5|7
    0|1
  • I think men enjoy being single because they can screw as many girls as they want. Woman on the other hand, if they can cope with being single enjoy it because they are free to do whatever they want and not have someone control their every move

1|4
    1|0
    • only a small number of men have the looks and game to screw many women to where it comes regularly. Otherwise, being single could be tougher being the hornier sex, the more visual sex and one that's more obsessed about it and not having sex. So generally I think women may enjoy it more except for the 20% of the male population.

• Show All
    • Yeah but it';s your mind. And you said want to fuck as in regards to your boyfriend. So there's that emotional/mental attraction already. And the sensations you can feel can cause horniness too? Like I get all different things causing horniness, but women are said to be less visual than guys and there's generally examples of that. Yet like you said, some can be quite horny and high sex drive. But like part of me is why is a person craving sex so bad if not most of it isn't visual physical. Like craving ass? Like I think guys and I can be horny for many different reasons, but sexy women in like tight leggings and such can cause that pretty fast. But it doesnt' have to be even seeing anyone, but visualizing and thinking of sex. But in doing so it's visual in our mind. Like breasts, imagining how amazing a woman with a nice ass looks, but naked and bent over and the view say doggy style and the jiggling, rippling of the ass from being pounded. The moans, pants, facial expressions, breasts jiggling if she's on top riding. Like start visualizing that and it can cause quite the horniness and not have to think of even the pleasure of sex.

• oh yeah and the tactile sensations too with the view

• Well, GENERALLY SPEAKING <-- this is here for the retards who will say "NOT ALL".

... women act happier because they hang out with their female friends and pick and choose what cock they ride at any given time. But that only lasts while they are young and society bends over to help them through life. After 30 when they start to expire and looks don't get them through life anymore... they start becoming sad and pathetic. Going on dating sites desperately looking for "a good man" to "love them for who they are"... which men generally don't want any part of because nothing is more pathetic than a middle-aged, dumpy, overused, mentally fucked-up female. So they eventually get cats and become bitter and angry and start joining groups like feminism.

Men are usually happier in the long haul because as much as not getting sex may depress us during horny times, if we have the ability to get pussy without attachment... A male without a female controlling him will be more successful, have more freedom, and be more of who he really is. He will have more friends and generally be happier.

There has never been a very successful male who got there while with a female. Women generally think men's ideas are stupid, won't let them take risks, etc.
    So while single women are traveling the world filling their experience bank (and vagina)... single males are becoming successful.

0|1
    2|1
  • Women, because especially attractive ones like myself don’t find it very difficult to get in a relationship so we’re not really missing out on anything. Men are kinda desperate (search Elliot Rodger ok YouTube) and get rejected a lot by girls if they are ugly or short etc so it may give them an inferiority complex and they tend to make a bigger deal about it.

1|1
    0|8
    • Ur nothing special honestly

• Show All
    • They are incels. No one will sleep with them

• @DeshawnMGTOW I’m too good to be true

• I think women because we aren't worried about having sex every 5 seconds lol guys make such a huge deal about sex. We are fine being single and guys who are single are obsessing about needing sex.

3|2
    0|6
  • Women.

Men find it tougher to deal with because of all the work that they have to put in to getting to the know the person. Most of the time, for men, even if they come forward as their genuine selves, we will still get shot down. Women don't have to deal with this because of plausible deniability.

Women can cope with this better because they know, deep down, they don't have to make many efforts. Well, definitely not as much as a man does, initially.

0|1
    0|2
  • I've seen both sides wanting to be with each other. I would like to say that being independent, or financially free, or on my own, being single ARE GREAT *BUT*

the truth is that i don't feel happier per say, maybe for like a short while, but then i end up thinking about past relationships or the things girls did to make me smile and stuff.

If i'm honest... do i really need a women, maybe not... BUT I SURE DO WANT TO GROW OLD WITH A GIRL I LOVE.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t want to generalize but I believe it depends on who you ask. For the most part, I’ve seen men cope better with being single. I feel women prefer a deeper connection and the men I’ve met are content with having something casual until something better comes along.

1|2
    1|0
  • Ask a man when women are watching, and he'll say "men". Ask a woman when men are watching, and she'll say "women". Ask a man when there are only men, and he'll high-five and shout "MEN!". Ask a woman when there are only women, and she'll whine and bitch about how there are no good men.

0|3
    2|0
  • I’d have to say women because if I said men, that would be saying that I’m happy being single (which I’m not).

Besides, men are hunters; when women are single (especially when attractive), they’ll know there’s a thousand or more doors open for them whenever they’re ready

0|0
    1|0
  • Men of course since they never want to be in a relationship, they keep jumping from a woman to another while the majority of women wants serious relationahips and marriage.

0|1
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter. Some days you want a relationship, but that really stems from the need to have social bonds. Being single, sometimes I think a relationship would be cool, then I get drained from being around people all day and realize I value some time of the day for myself. Sleep is the best part of my day really. Everyone's asleep and nobody is around to drive me nuts.

1|0
    0|0
  • Men. Men have very few needs to satisfy when they stop giving a shit and not looking for a partner. It's a less stressful, more productive and healthier lifestyle at half the price. It can be really freeing when you are in that mode but unfortunately it does not last long and everything appears pointless after a while because fuck it , It is...

0|1
    0|0
  • I think men are happier when single, women tend to become very bitchy and sad when they are single, women can't live without attention

0|6
    3|0
  • Cougar? No. In fact I don’t normally date all that younger than myself. But I must admit that the more I get used to the single dating thing, the more varying my age limits become. Just because 20-something men hit on me, doesn’t mean I’m gonna actually date or fuck one... a little too close to my children’s ages. My point is that you’re saying that women just automatically become unattractive at a specific age and that’s simply not true. But as far are your question, I would say 34-58

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure
    Women I think have better socialization, but I know they can't stand being single... most of them.
    Men function better alone, but don't socialize as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll say this.
    Not in every case... but on a macro level... overall, men are just happier period.

Men don't have the propensity to just worry and worry all the time, even when everything is ok. I think women just worry all the time and it is in their nature to not be "content"

Men tend to be more chill and content more often and compartmentalize their lives. If there is an issue that calls for some "worry" they just worry for a bit and then shelf that issue when they need to deal with something else or go home for the day. They don't just worry and worry 24/7.

1|2
    0|0
  • Men obviously do better. Many men are single their entire lives. If you think women are more prone to be alonenor do better, it’s only because they are choosing it, many single men aren’t choosing that. But we deal with it more than women, and have become better st it. Many women are very codependent

0|0
    1|0
  • after 33 year of being single all my life i love it i do what i want and the older you get the more you start caring less about what the people around you say and do they either join you or go on their merry way famous quote " if you die tomorrow you think anybody going give a shit" no so go out there be who you want to be and do what you want to do be HAPPY hens my pic smile :D

0|0
    0|0
  • I've seen both sides wanting to be with each other. I would like to say that being independent, or financially free, or on my own, being single ARE GREAT *BUT*

the truth is that i don't feel happier per say, maybe for like a short while, but then i end up thinking about past relationships or the things girls did to make me smile and stuff.

BUT I SURE DO WANT TO GROW OLD WITH A GIRL I LOVE.

1|0
    0|0
  • I cannot speak for others but I don’t require a romantic partner to be content in life 🤷🏾‍♀️
    Being single clearly is not for everyone though.

2|0
    0|1
  • Nobody wins this! We create our own happiness. Women scare me, they are the greatest thing on earth. They are more fragile than glass. Learning how to live without one was an emotional rollercoaster. One day my fantasy girl, stared me in the eyes, said, "Let go! " and I did. I wish we could have stayed friends.

0|0
    1|0
  • I've seen more men whine about being single. So I think women

3|2
    0|5
    • More men downvoted my opinion bc they know I'm right🤦🏾😂😂😂

• Men. Women are more dependant on other people. It's not Bad, it's just reality.

0|5
    3|0
    • Feminism is fixing that and you’re wrong either way

• Show All
    • You just proved my point.

• Of course it is. Feminism is helping stop men from oppressing women. The only reason women depend on men in the East (cause if you’re talking about the west you’re definitely wrong) is cause they have less opportunity. For everything.

• Women can handle being single better than men, although they may face societal pressure to get married...

2|1
    0|4
  • Men. Women just hurt, control and manipulate men. Modern women do not offer anything to men other than sex, which is sad, but it means that guys don’t benefit from being in a relationship... considering how easily girls open their legs now.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont actually know, both seems to be obsessed with it; ill never understand it though, why have genuine human connection when you can not have to share your plate with someone who said they werent hungry a minute ago! :D

0|0
    0|0
  • I seem to remember a stufmdy that the happiest people in the UK are women, 2 years after becoming a widow!!!

So, women. With all the money of their dead husband is the answer

0|1
    0|0
  • Women and men both don't like being single, we are created for relationship…but…with that said I think women tend to stay single longer

0|0
    0|0
  • I think men are happier being single but I'm not sure.

0|0
    1|0
  • Tbh, this question really would had been better if it’s had a poll to easily answer the question for me. Anyway, I’d say women. Because men don’t make a big deal about being single, and have fun being single.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we narrow it down to one thing it would be "interest". Every human has a different degree of interest depending on what it is.

Some are really interested in relationship and commitment which tend to make them need it. Therefore a relationship would most definitely be in their favor. Whilst vice versa, less interest would cause the person better being off as single.

Female or male, gender doesn't conclude their choice of preference. But I feel there's more pressure for a male to find a partner from society. A man who's single views as a "loser" while women are viewed as "waiting for the right one".

So who's happiest being single? The one who cares less about being in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • In general, men. Women are more social. But as usual, it's dangerous to generalize. The fact that men may be mostly more comfortable doesn't help in judging any particular person's comfort level.

0|0
    1|1
  • I find it weird as how this would be a gender thing.

1|1
    1|0
  • In general, men need an active sex life to be happy, and women need an active commitment. This is my best understanding of the main difference between men and women.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think women until around 35 and up.
    Then the odds turn against her and she has to cope with reality that her looks will fade and guys will lose interest.

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m curious as to how you can speak on behalf of women and so specifically a certain age? Other than that I’ve been married for over 20 years once, being single now at my age is way better then being single in my teens and early 20s. I’m established in my own right and there’s no one to answer to nor to consult with. My life is my own. And as far as looks go, I’m guessed to be in my 30s. The only downside is how much baggage potential partners have and deciding whether it’s worth dealing with or not. The wives tale that men only get better with age is exactly that, a wives tale. There is a point in which look more mature with a touch of grey but as more comes in, they too look washed up or just plain old too. Yet i know plenty that are still actively dating and enjoying themselves. Now as far as women, they can do it on their own nowadays with sperm banks but i would think a single women in her thirties is not only hearing society’s but her own biological clock. Not all women have the funds to wait until 50 to become a first time mom like Janet Jackson 😉

• Show All
    • Silly boys

• @Mickey9999 so you're a cougar? Tell me which age range of guys you fuck

• Men. Especially older men that have already been through marriage and divorce.

0|3
    0|0
  • Who is happier being single? Men or women?

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person not from what gender that person is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that is like asking how many men/women like oxygen...

1|1
    1|1
  • Definitely men, since we are culturally indoctrinated to not cry or depend too heavily on anyone.

0|2
    0|0
  • Studies show women usually even if a girls is single she still gets a ton of attention

1|1
    0|0
  • I love being single. (But I do miss that ONE thing...)

0|2
    0|0
  • I think it has to do more with personality type. I am happy being single for instance. I can't speak for everyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men. I hear more girls than guys complain about being single in my country. I don't NEED a woman in my life. I've already grown too old😂.

0|1
    0|0
  • Studies show women cope with it better than men.

That said, I have no problem being single.

1|0
    0|0
  • Men. Women have an internal need to externally connected and validated.

0|1
    1|0
  • Definitely women. We get so many things to do with girls night. Lol

1|0
    0|3
  • Women. Because it's easier for them to change it if they want.

0|1
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes