If a man pays exactly half of the bills, can he still be called a provider?

• Yes
  • No

928

Most Helpful Guys

• Depends how you look at it. A man provides more than financial stability, (AND... so do women). Both are providers and each brings stuff to the table.

The undertone of keeping score is a toxic one. Why would you want to be in competition with the man or woman you love. I've never understood that.

If there are kids, well, the man will work longer and harder over the lifetime of the relationship, whoch is where the pay gap comes from.

The way I see it the essential truth is that Men provide things women can't and women provide things Men can't.

Financial stability is not the only thing in traditional gender roles.

• He provides any percentage he's a provider. That's the definition of the word. The woman is also a provider in your scenario.

Most Helpful Girls

• Lol, no, because she's paying the other half. So either both of them are providers, or neither of them are.
    The man is also not fulfilling his God-given role. Men are expected to provide the house & all necessities for the family (Ex 21:10, & Eph 5:28-29), and while women can have jobs if they want to (the virtuous woman commended in Prov 31 ran a business), they're not obligated to. Instead, women are obligated to make the house a home (Proverbs 14:1).

• 9 d ago

To provide means to give, and he's contributing how does that make someone not a provider?

• 9 d ago

@Lover_not_a_fighter Premarital sex is strongly condemned in the New Testament too

• 9 d ago

Okay but my question is for sinful people in today's society who engage in causal sex, are they soppost to believe a man is to provide for them fully? And if we take sex out of the question pre marriage now and back then does the man only become a provider after marriage?

• Wtf is it with all these women voting no? If both partners are bringing money in they are both providing. If he's paying half the bills he's a provider!