Why motivational speakers bore me - Bible talk

jennifer_bloom

I used to have a middle eastern classmate whose grandparents grew up in the Middle East

While I think middle eastern pitas are the most amazing foods ever

Her grandparents never bothered to buy it cause where they grew up the meat was fresher since it went from slaughter to deli meat faster than it does here

Since I had never tried meat in the Middle East I adored chicken shawarmas

While they had no interest in chicken shawarmas here in Canada having tried better options where they live

In the same way I think motivational speakers are like stale bread sellers

When you’ve tasted the fresh bread of Jesus you have very little use for stale bread

The stale bread motivational speakers say to work for money and power

While God says to work for God’s glory and the betterment of society and the protection of your social relationships and the expression of your values and inheritance in heaven

When you’ve tasted real bread

You lost interest in the processed stuff they try to pass off as bread

I could never be happy living by the dry and selfish ideologies of my secular family

I seek God

2
1

Most Helpful Guys

• For me, I listen to joel osteen at times.

He is strictly a motivational speaker. But sometimes I need that. If I'm feeling down, sometimes I just need a motivational love message to push me forward.

Given its not for every time nor should it be every time but at times it can be helpful. And I've found at times I'm more responsive to a love message than a forceful hell one
    Is this still revelant?
    • Jjpayne

Thank you for the mho 😊

• TheDomimantOne
    Stay with that core belief and you will go places you've never dreamed possible!
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

10
  • Youryeodongsaeng
    I seek death.
    Whatever "god" said... I don't believe it is all rainbows and happiness.

As an Atheist, before becoming an Atheist, I didn't really think "god" was real. I hate going to church because it made me feel like I'm not supposed to be there.

I have a Christian aunt and her two daughters and husband are Christians, too. I'm not telling them that I'm an Atheist because I don't want to hear any protests.

Whenever my aunt tells me that "god is always by your side" or something along those lines, I'll just nod or make a sound that I heard her. She's a nice lady and I'm not going to ignore her whenever she's talking.
    • I'm just curious, but if there's no God, then how can these 13 properties of natural law exist? More importantly, IF God doesn't exist, then how did these laws develop?

1. The Law Of Karma
      2. The Law Of Chaos & The Law of Order
      3. The Law Of Thinking
      4. The Law Of Supply
      5. The Law Of Attraction
      6. The Law Of Receiving
      7. The Law Of Increase
      8. The Law Of Compensation
      9. The Law Of Non-Resistance
      10. The Law Of Forgiveness
      11. The Law Of Sacrifice
      12. The Law Of Obedience
      13. The Law Of Success

I'll wait for your answer 🤔🤔🤔🤔

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!