Another Message God spoke to me in a dream - bible talk

In my early 20s, while grappling with the difficult task of avoiding controversy in my writing, I had a dream that gave me advice about how to attract readers to my work.

The message I got from the symbols in my dream is to conceptualize life in terms of universal truisms that all normal people can agree on like the superiority of good verses evil and to build my ideological foundation on positives and not on the negation of morally strained negatives.

To write about the virtues of peaceableness and not the vice of blasphemy.

To write about the virtues of appreciation and not the vice of superficiality.

To focus on the virtue of productivity and not the vice of vanity and virtue signaling whereby a person pretends to be righteous by vain discussion and fixation on those more ethical than himself.

Build your faith in real positives and not on the prejudice of counter negatives, than you will grow and expand and attract people into God’s kingdom.

3
2

Most Helpful Guys

• jdonhere77
    That's some good stuff there Jennifer. Keeping with a positive rhetoric usually is more productive then the opposite. I think people want to hear something different I think people are hungry 4 Life inside of them. This is probably the most positive thing I would know to say. The God we serve is alive and well. Not just a fairytale in a book. The closer we are to him the more we are alive in him. I I love reading your post Jennifer, thank you.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Jjpayne
    That sounds like good direction to me
    Is this still revelant?
    • Jjpayne

Thank you for the mho 😊

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

21
  • Exterminatore
    I don’t know if I can agree on this. Roughly 1/3 of what Jesus taught was about Hell. He extensively taught about sin and its consequences. He consistently called people to repentance. I often hear sermons from churches that sound like some psychological feel good message. I’ve seen Christian books that say the same. Sermons and teachings that sound like they came out of some positive thinking feel good now seminar or self help book.

Today we don’t even preach an authentic Gospel. We tell people if they want to be saved all they must do is believe. Well yes, believing that Jesus is who he said he is certainly part of salvation. However scripture says this:

“You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!”
    ‭‭James‬ ‭2:19‬ ‭ESV‬‬
    Even Satan and his demons know who Jesus is. Belief in Jesus and who he said he was is part of salvation but not enough.

We tell people to come to the alter or raise their hand and say a prayer and that makes them saved. We send people on their way believing that they can live their life unchanged and that they don’t require radical transformation by the Holy Spirit to be saved.

Scripture says this:

“But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.”
    ‭‭James‬ ‭2:18‬ ‭ESV‬‬

“Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him,”
    ‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:4‬ ‭ESV‬‬

“Bear fruit in keeping with repentance.”
    ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭3:8‬ ‭ESV‬‬

“Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.”
    ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭3:10‬ ‭ESV‬‬

We don’t tell people anymore they need to repent. That part of salvation, and the evidence of it is living a holy life and living in obedience to the Lord. That they can’t go on living in willful sin and be saved.

Scripture says:

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”
    ‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:17‬ ‭ESV‬‬
    So the person who is saved is radically changed from the inside. One could certainly believe Jesus is who he said he is and the only way to salvation, and could certainly live a life of general obedience to God and still not be saved. That describes the Pharisees. They believed in God and outwardly were the most religious and righteous men of their day. Certainly they, except probably Nicodemus were not saved. Jesus said this about them:

““Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within are full of dead people’s bones and all uncleanness. So you also outwardly appear righteous to others, but within you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.”
    ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭23:27-28‬ ‭ESV‬‬
    So what was the problem? No change of heart. The believed in God, they attempted to live in obedience, yet there was no change of heart. Salvation always produces a changed heart which produces changed beliefs and changed behavior.
    • Jesus had these things to say:

““Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’”
      ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:21-23‬ ‭ESV‬‬

These people here thought they knew God. They even addressed him as Lord. They were sent to Hell.

““Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.”
      ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:13-14‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Jesus said there that the way to destruction is EASY and MANY go that way. That the way that leads to life is HARD and FEW find it. FEW. Jesus also said FEW find it, implying that you’d have to look for the narrow gate to find it.

Considering these things I don’t think we need more positive pep talk sound teachings, and books and sermons that appeal to the flesh but rather the hard truths that lead to life and obedience.

• TOTEMPLASTER
    1. Where is god's kingdom that you keep touting: in the Balkans or the jungles of Brazil?
    2. You say that 'god spoke to you'. What was his accent; Spanish or Yiddish?
    3. Have you discussed you godly interactions with a psychiatrist? You should.
    4. Do you rain down all of this religiosity on your family members and not be told to STFU?
  • Anonymous
    There was a child sex offender on GAG who is now in prison. He had dreams that he went to helll and said they were very real. He is now facing other charges that could keep him in prison for the rest of rest of his life. He believes in God but he is caught up in that world of prison life, he has a boyfriend all that. Do you think that his dreams mean anything?