Why I believe I’m single - Based on a Dream I had

jennifer_bloom

When I was in between stages in my life, I had a dream that there was a wedding taking place at a banquet hall within a hospital to the far left and all the brides maids were dressed in shiny pink dresses that were almost reddish in colour. I was among them and in my dream we were all given chocolate we were supposed to eat one week after the wedding and one bridesmaid ate her chocolate before the week was over and it cost her $1,000.

I realize now, the 7 days is a symbol for the completion of a weekly cycle, a phase, or a period in my life, and symbolizes either the completion or established ground work for my purpose and or the attainment of my mission in life. The red dresses represent the desire for more and the discontent with my current stage or achievements in life. The hospital is a place of mental and psychological healing, and the chocolate represents the happiness of a romantic relationship or pleasant lifestyle, that is designed more for happiness than for its utilitarian purposes.

Based on this dream, I believe God was telling me, He would not allow me to marry or find love, until I had fully established the fundamental spiritual structures of my mission, which is my purposes in God. I was given my purpose when I first began university but rejected God’s plan because I was scared and did not have the desire or courage to pursue it, and now 17 years later, I find myself doing exactly what I was called to do by God 17 years ago.

I also realized that maybe God kept me single because he wanted me to have a lifestyle that was different from the married lifestyle at this time in my existence. Like I met a guy that I thought would be perfect for giving me a flawless and easy marriage, but maybe it’s not God’s Will for me to have a perfect relationship with almost no challenges or personal sacrifice. Maybe God wants me with a guy higher in status who will challenge me and motivate me to improve myself or maybe God wants me with a guy who shares similar purposes and theology as me.

I realized today that I can plan my life and future marriage all I want, but if God does not approve, He will scrap my ideas in the wastebasket by making sure they fail. So it’s God who determines when I marry, and not my own personal desire. And God might think that for now, I’m better off single.

7
2
2Girl Opinion
7Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• PositiveNote
    "And God might think that for now, I’m better off single"—true. Single folks have the inherent capability of giving more of oneself to others than those do you are "weighted down," so to speak. Once a relationship builds, you must devote an inordinate amount of time to keep it alive, to nurse it when it begins to fade, and to find ways to keep it building. Then, if children show up on the scene (!), time is nearly exclusively focused on family. A single person is not burdened (might be too strong of word). A single person can devote themself to work, recreation or giving of themselves to world as they feel led.

What a single is something that I have envied most my life because I've always sought to have exclusive relationships. Before children, I could still focus my life on my occupation along with significant other, but after children, it was never the same again.
    Is this still revelant?
  • ALewis30
    This is a real good story. After reading it, it made realize the reason I'm single is because there's things in my life I need to change.
    Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

25
  • Grubhub
    If you’re good with criticism and rejection maybe a man who will challenge you is good for you. I’m quite the opposite. You remind me of my mother she dreams almost every day and tells me the meaning of them. Most of them are spiritual and religious. I think to dream this way your in good hands with the lord. You’re close to him. I can’t even have a spiritual dream tells you a lot about my soul.
    Like 2 People
  • Tenner9
    Must be the longest dream of all time that girl. You could make a three hour movie out of It. You are putting to much thoughts and overthinking into a lot of hopes and maybes. You need Relax a little and concentrate on your life here on earth not the fairytale in the sky. Enjoy your life, enjoy your family and friends. You man will enter your life one properly when you least expect it and he human being here from earth, not an angel from the sky. 🌹
  • ilovesunnydays
    Sorry Im not that smart, but this hit me in the right spot. If you do not mind me asking, is it about mentally and spiritually reaching a place before marriage?
    Like 1 Person
    • Yes and no... Many marriages happen without any mental or spiritual input and still survive. How can that be? It's because it's about... a million things! Really. I could take the time to list 50-75 things, but that probably would not apply to the 3 or 4 things that mess up your relationship. It's a gamut of choices both partners made, make and keep making. There are thousands of relevant Christian or self-help books out there, but I'll give you a few things that most couples normally must have:
      1. An mutual acceptable relationship with God, the creator—and that's whether you go to church or not. It's essential that both worship the same.
      2. Each must possess a self awareness of who they are as a person in the Christian or spiritual life. Why? Because flip-flopping on this subject 4, 10, 15 years later will throw everything to the wind.
      3. A sympathetic and kind disposition, a willingness to hear out the other in a disagreement, and a willingness to meet each other's needs to the nth degree possible.

After that, issues have to be constantly resolved throughout the entire relationship until death do you part. Everything constitutes an issue, but with mutual grace for each other's views, you will scale most of what hits you.

Everyone in history has had to face at least one insurmountable issue during their relationship. It is not the issue that breaks people up, it's how they solve the problem.

• sean1234
    Maybe God wants me with a guy higher in status who will challenge me and motivate me to improve myself or maybe God wants me with a guy who shares similar purposes and theology as me.

-Oh the irony in that. 1st off, Jesus is God as stated in the 1st chapter of John, 2nd, there's no one higher in status than Jesus and 3rd your purpose and theology and your future husband's should be the same as Christs.

At any rate you and I are similar in the dating department I suppose. I'm always single with all these coincidences to keep me single and when I talked to women they seemed atheistic in some way. And we are not supposed to yolk ourselves with nonbelievers. So I remain single. I've felt for the longest time as if Jesus wants me to be single. I keep on having this thought... "why do I get the feeling as if there will be Jesus 2nd coming before I get married?🤔" Oh I don't know, it's his will, whatever that may be.
    • sean1234

At this point, I can't imagine being married years and years ago and moving to the country side. I feel as if MOST women are actually married to the city. 🌆❤👰‍♀... lol

• sean1234

Oh noo forget that last pink icon.

• zagor
    Once more I successfully guessed this was one of your posts based on the headline.
  • Dingdonginmymouth
    I had a vision of my whole life and at the end I saw god
    I think you were dreaming
  • WowwGirl
    That's not why you are single