Chubby And Unapologetic: Sorry, But I'm Not Sorry Anymore

CHARismatic110

I've always been chubby. Let me say that again. I have ALWAYS been chubby. I was a chubby baby that grew into a chubby kid that grew into a chubby adult. There wasn't a time in my life that I was thin. I also was never an over-eater. If you ask anyone close to me, they'll probably tell you that I didn't eat enough. Still don't. I played volleyball and basketball in middle school. Did Double Dutch in high school. So there goes the lazy stereotype.

Speaking of stereotypes, that brings me to why I've chosen to be unapologetic. There are a lot of stereotypes and assumptions when it comes to overweight people. The most popular ones being that we sit around all day stuffing our faces, expecting people to feel sorry for us and wanting everyone to just accept us. Wrong. Oh so very wrong. Like I stated earlier, I don't overeat. My diet is actually pretty healthy. I eat a lot fruits and drink a lot of green smoothies (that I make myself). I don't eat pork and I only eat red meat a few times a month. Most times it's just chicken or fish. I'm also pretty active. I try to workout at least 4 days a week, at least twice a day. Morning and evening.

I bet you couldn't tell that by just looking at me though. It's ok. Most people can't. Most people don't know my journey and what I've been through. And most people don't want to know it. Therein lies the problem. They'd rather make up their own assumptions. So I let them. They don't know how far I've come or what it took to get here. They don't know that I fight a daily fight against chronic pain from rheumatoid arthritis, or that I just got diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri which basically gives me migraines painful enough to floor me (I'll explain more about that in another Take).

No one takes time to actually learn your story. All they see is another fat person. That's cool though. I love me. I loved me 45 pounds ago. I love me now. And I will love me when I reach my goal weight. I spent way too much time feeling bad because of how others thought I looked. That's why I go so hard for body acceptance. Because you should be able to love yourself throughout your journey. Not just when you reach the end of it. I don't need you to feel sorry for me. I don't want your pity or "concern". I don't expect you to be attracted me. But at least learn a little bit about me before you judge. And also know that I'm not sorry if my chubbiness offends you.

(Picture that sparked this Take.)

#CHARismaticOut ✌😎❤

12
18

Most Helpful Girl

• RJGraveyTrain
    I am so happy, and so proud that you wrote this. I don't care what any nay-saying crap head says to you, you're doing right by your own standards, and frankly by mine too. I have a lot of faith in you girl. Don't stop doing what you love, and always take care of yourself, no matter what. <3
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Waffles731
    At least someone likes who they are unlike me
    Is this still revelant?
    • It hasn't always been this way my friend. But you are who you are and you should learn to love who you are. No matter what you've been through. I'm sure we could swap some stories. Fact is, you're still here. For a reason.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1711
  • FullOfMyself
    Firstly, there is no such thing as indestructible fat. If you put in the work, the weight will come off. It's basic physics of energy in vs energy out.

Secondly, nobody cares about you being chubby. The issue generally is the fact that you throw it in everyone's face and expect us to accept it. Sorry, but you don't get to dictate how we should think no matter how much you think you are on the side of righteousness.
    • Did you miss the part where I said that I loved me 45 pounds ago? It IS coming off! But again, by looking at me, you probably wouldn't be able to know that. Don't wanna dictate anything or throw it anyone's face. But I'm damn sure not hiding it and feeling ashamed anymore.

• somebodysaycheese
    As a kid i was fat, I would gain tons of weight. In 4 months i gained 50lbs. We didn't have candy in the house, my mom cooked everyday. As I became a adult and seeked help I now know its because of the enviroment I grew up in and things that happened to me. See stress, anxiety attacks create cortisol which slows down your metabolism. I had cortisol 10x the average person. I always blamed myself so I went from being throwing up my food, to eating paper to going days without eating. One thing i can say is until i was 18 I never experienced hunger pains , I never got hungry. So, I would eat maybe twice a day.
    Anyway, when I sorted out my emotions and issues I became happier and no joke the weight started dropping off. And like you I was an active kid, I played a lot of sports and was on several sports teams.
    So , this is just some of my story to relate to yours. I hope you keep thinking positive and dont let negative people who have never experienced being overweight or your life get to you. there will always be people who want to tear you down. So reach that weight goal of yours!
    • Man, you went through some stuff. Thanks for sharing some of your story. I struggled with eating disorders during for high school and college. But I let negativity affect me for way too long. I'm over that. Thanks for your support!

• Josht13
    Skepticism about you aside most chubby people are lazy and have poor diets and could change by making simple steps.

Also most people under-estimate caloric intake and over-estimate exercise, I would advise you to count calories, macros etc and have a more rigorous routine and would expect the weight to go.
    • My nutritionist wants me to start counting them too. And I push myself as hard as I can, believe it or not.

• Josht13

Here's a beginning guide that really breaks down the basics of diet and excercise that provides links if you want to expand on your knowledge
      https://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

• I'll definitely check it out, thanks.

• takumii
    Genetically it is harder for some to lose (or gain) weight compared to others. But environment always trumps it.
    In the correct environment I am sure you'd reach your dream goal without a problem.

What others think about you doesn't matter, they have known you for a very short period if time, you have known yourself from the beginning of time.
    Your opinion of yourself > others opinion on you.
  • teawrecks
    You're beautiful and you'll always be beautiful.

Your hard work and dedication is admirable. You're motivation in the purest form.

You don't lose sight of who you are, but you still work to better who you are. And I love that about you.

I totally understand where you're coming from on this, I do. I loved this take.
  • BuchitaBuchys
    Love you Char! You're a really great writer and I especially like: "Because you should be able to love yourself throughout your journey. Not just when you reach the end of it."

A lot of people seem to loathe at anyone "not healthy" (by their standards) being happy. Regardless if they're working on it or not.

There's so many hateful people here, this is why i have to take GaG breaks, admittedly, I can be one too. The broken would rather break others than fix themselves.
    • Girl you know I love you and your bluntness! Thank you! And GaG breaks are definitely necessary because there are a lot of people here that get off on trying bring others down.

• Ugh yes. It's like they can't stand seeing anyone happy. Lol wtf is wrong with people? Smh.

Don't let these negative comments get to you. They'd tear Beyonce down if she had an account here haha.

• Lmao they would in a heartbeat! Thanks for always being supportive!

• EmpatheticLady
    You're beautiful, inside and out. No if, ands, or buts about it. <3
    • @unpleasentruth Excuse me, but you do not know this wonderful woman. I have gotten to know her, and she is one of the most caring, funny, and strongest person I've ever known. Before you go making your judgments, perhaps you should talk to her. Otherwise, kindly fuck off.

• Thank you Cookie. Don't even waste your time. He can think what he wants. Love you ❤

• I love you, too, sunshine. <3

• Fathoms77
    Just out of curiosity, what was your diet like growing up?

You say you didn't eat much, but you don't have to eat much in the way of crap to gain weight, even at a young age when your metabolism is going like a rocket. :)
    • I had a pretty regular diet growing up. I've always had a mean sweet tooth, but my parents never really let us have a whole bunch of sweets. My mom was big on stuff like fruit salad and such. High school is where my eating issues came into play.

• Pink2000
    I'm no longer comfortable with who I am. I dislike more things than I like about myself. However, I'm glad you are and this take was very inspirational for me. You look darn good. 😉
    • I'm glad I could inspire you, and I hope you get back to being comfortable with yourself soon! Thank you!

• Luci92
    Good on you, and all that really matters is that you think you're gorgeous! <3 (Even if I think so too)
    • Says ms gorgeous herself! But thank you so much! ❤

• Luci92

Aww thank you :) and you're most welcome <3

• Cccgala
    Reflective myTake 😊 You WILL reach that goal weight. I am sure of that. I love that quote by Emerson.
  • NatashaJ
    IKR like bitch if I die from obesity that's my problem not yous so let me eat these fucking waffles.
  • Omar5881
    If being chubby isn't affecting your health and you proceed your life normally and you like yourself like that and you like your body this way , then I don't see why anyone would hate that
    • Because it doesn't fit into their mold.

• Omar5881

Well we live our lives the way we want it would be a waste of time to care about other people opinion

• Very true. That's why I'm learning not to.

• CoralSun
    I don't expect you or any other chubby person to be sorry for being chubby. But I do expect you to be genuinely sorry to yourself years down the road if your body does not cooperate and function the way you need it to because we only get one body and a lot of what we do to it now determines how much it can help us later. Some types of fat are good for your brain but we still must be proactive about the types of fat that are bad for us and will cause seriously harmful issues that go beyond the court of public opinion.

Self-love is beautiful and I'm glad you've reached it :) Don't let anyone tear you down or make you feel like you're not as beautiful. Even some women with less weight are physically weak and don't have the muscle to survive in certain situations or their metabolism is so fast that they've never had to learn how to properly feed themselves/nourish their bodies so they won't be very good at taking care of a family nutritiously.
    • Oh yeah, I definitely agree there. Being healthy is important. And I have friends that are much thinner than me that I can run circles around lol so I get it. But thank you, I appreciate it!

• CoralSun

You're welcome :) The goal should always be health, not shape. Some bodies are not meant to take a certain shape and in order to get that shape, you have to compromise your health :/

• I agree!

• This_is_my_username
    you're just to fucking awesome. Just be you Char :) you got this covered!
  • RainbowFanGirl
    I love it so much! 😄

Now we must wait for the butthurt people to come on and tell you what you already know. 👍
  • TheWaterBear
    I look for personality first, but I like chubby women more than skinny ones.
  • JSmuve
    Keep plowing that road! You'll get to where you wanna be. ☺
  • helloitsmethere
    This was a wonderful take!
    Also, I grew up on the other side of the scale, and people had made me feel horrible for being skinny, calling me 'a walking advocate for eating disorders'. I hope you reach your goal weight soon, and I hope to reach mine as well (trying to gain weight of course). You are right about the stereotypes. People should stop with them. I'm pretty sure a lot of overweight people out there eat so much healthier than I do (I woke up today and reached for the Pringles beside my bed and started eating them for breakfast #1 lmao) and not just stuff their faces with junk every day. Some people are just born being chubby and have a slower metabolism, same reason why it took me almost a year to gain 15 pounds (faster metabolism) and always having to convince doctors that I don't starve myself. I'm actually glad that you are working to reach your goal.
    • Oh yeah, it definitely goes both ways. People should just stop judging period. But thank you for the kind words! They're much appreciated ❤

• You're welcome! :)

• HoneyButterCup525
    You are beautiful and you have every right to be apologetic.
    • Thank you.

• And I also think chubby suits you no need to slim down and ignore the people who think its wrong cause they don't know shit.

• Popo21
    Lol, you don't have to be apologetic, no one asked you too

But you can get thinner... if you try. Lol you're doing something wrong.
  • Falling4UTC
    Im proud of you fabulous take honestly!
  • fauchelevent
    I love this take <3
  • Hidden_P
    Oh how I love this take... ❤️
  • HarvestMoon
    brave
  • JamesDylan1990
    I think you are sexy though
  • Decentguy
    i love chubby and plus size women
  • cuteguy22
    and i was always skinny and never big enough :)