Why the Topic of Religion Shouldn't Be Swept Under the Carpet

Yes, the taboo topic. The topic that is sure to generate more controversy then all of my posts about race and black lives matter combined. No doubt this will anger some. If this were any other site I would fully expect death threats from talking about this subject matter. Religion, for reasons I don't understand, is always given a wide berth. In school talking about religion was forbidden, because god forbid anybody challenge someone else's beliefs. You can challenge beliefs about anything else- but religious beliefs are in their own special category. You cannot challenge them, you cannot criticize them; you should simply accept other people's beliefs and go about your day.

First off, let me emphasize this point. I most certainly tolerate other people's beliefs. I do not think it should be illegal to practice religion. As long as you practicing religion does not interfere with the law or harm anybody else (more on that later) I am tolerant of any religion. That doesn't mean I accept them though. I personally believe this world would be a better place without religion. That's just my opinion. Does not mean I'm right.

So to wrap up this introduction, if you're open to hearing me out and can respect my beliefs I'm open to hearing you out and respect yours. I do not think religious people are unintelligent- as a matter of fact, I think there are several logical reasons to follow a religion. I'll cover that more later on as well.

Personal Beliefs

I am not an atheist. I'm not an atheist because I don't believe anybody can prove gods don't exist. In fact, I know nobody can prove gods don't exist. How would anybody go about doing that?

Same rule as before applies here; if you can respect the fact that I believe there could be a god, I can respect the fact that you believe there isn't a god.

So if I don't believe in religion, but I'm not an atheist, what am I? Take a guess. Got an idea?

Going there: Religion

That's right. I'm agnostic. (and yes, Dr. Pepper is my favorite beverage.)

Funny enough I think I realized I was agnostic after watching the South Park where they lampooned agnostics. It just makes the most sense to me.

Plus, just because I'm not religious doesn't mean I don't want to get into heaven. So I figure by being agnostic, I'm hedging my bets. I'm not saying god does exist, but I'm not saying god doesn't exist. And I'm not saying which god exists either. So being agnostic probably gives me the best chance of ending up in heaven (I hope).

I was watching a video which made a good point. There are 10's of thousands of religions. 10's of thousands of deity's. The chances of picking the right deity, assuming any of them are correct, are very slim. I figure if I don't believe in any one deity that's better then me believing in the wrong deity.

I'm kind of kidding about the getting into heaven part (not entirely though.)

Religious Texts

Most religions center around a text of some sort. Christians have the bible

Muslims have the Quran

Mormons have the book of Mormon. Not to be confused with the wildly popular broadway show book of Mormon.

Scientologists have whatever this is

(One reason (the only reason) to join: they get to watch Movies)

I'm not an expert on religion ("so why the hell are you writing this MyTake then?") But I do know some basic information.

According to most religions, these books are the words of a god. A God relayed this information to somebody or a group of somebodies and they recorded this information and the compilation of said information is the modern day religious text (I think). I believe this is true for most religions.

But that raises a lot of questions in my mind. Questions such as: (feel free to answer down below)

How do we know the guy writing this information down wasn't a complete narcissist/totally insane and that this whole spiritual deity thing wasn't completely made up?

If I were a narcissist living way back when (You can see how great I am at remembering dates and history) and societies were being built and I wanted to influence how they were built, I would probably claim that a being larger then me- larger then anybody else- had told me the exact way things should be. And if things weren't this way- there would be a price to pay. Namely: Being burned alive for an eternity.

But of course, some people would protest saying there was no proof that what I was saying was accurate. How to deal with those people? I know. How about adding a passage about eliminating anybody who doesn't think I am telling the truth. And in order to avoid burning in a fiery pit of hell for eternity, society must eliminate those nonbelievers.

But then there's another problem- why would anybody want to believe me. The solution? Tell them about an amazing place they can go to if they follow all these rules. A place where all of their wildest dreams come true. No specifics. Just a bunch of nebulous description of how great this place is. Compared to the shithole they are currently living in, unruly society, that sounds great.

At this point anybody who doesn't believe me wouldn't speak up because if they did so they would be killed. That means this disbelief wouldn't spread. And in order to blend in with everybody else they would be forced to practice the religion and learn its teachings, so if they didn't believe in it before, they certainly would now.

If the guy was insane more or less the same thing would happen, the guy causing it wouldn't be consciously aware of it though.

Even if the information came from a deity, how do we know the writer didn't misremember or misinterpret it?

Religious texts are hard to comprehend when reading them. Imagine memorizing them. There's a lot of room for error. There are many different ways to interpret many different passages in religious text.

If I am to believe that a god relayed this information to a writer, I also have to belief that this writer was intelligent enough to understand what the god was saying and had a good enough memory to keep track of all of it. And that's a little hard to believe, when I can't even get through a page of the bible.

Even if the information came from a deity, and the writer recorded all the information correctly, how do we know that deity was any good?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it kind of weird that a supposedly great deity condoned slavery and let people burn in pits of fire if they rejected him. If you ask me, that's kind of evil behavior.

In order to convince you of their goodness, what do bad people do? They convince you that somebody else is bad. So if deities have something in common with people, wouldn't a bad deity do the same thing- convince society that they were the good deity and the other deity was bad. And throw in some passages that seemed to be teaching positive messages to avoid arousing suspicion. Obviously if a passage reads "kill everybody" whoever suggested that will look bad. But if a message reads "don't kill" that looks sweet and innocent.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but in many religious texts aren't there passages encouraging the followers of said religion to kill nonbelievers? Doesn't this kind of directly contradict the "don't kill" message (I'm paraphrasing, obviously the bible passage is far more flowery with thou and shalt thrown in).

I'm just saying, a lot of the stuff in these religious texts seems like something a bad deity would suggest. And the supposed bad deity seems like something a bad deity would make up to make people think they were the good deity.

Those are just a few questions to think over. There's a lot more I want to cover in this post.

If I don't kill somebody because I might go to jail am I a good person because I didn't kill, even though my reasons were purely self-serving?

Most religious texts (if not all) condemn killing people (in the eyes of these religions, nonbelievers aren't people). Why shouldn't you kill people? Because it's wrong? Well, yes, certainly you should refrain from killing somebody because killing a person is wrong. But an even bigger reason you shouldn't kill anybody- you'll go to hell if you do.

So if the only reason you don't kill a person is because you'll go to hell if you do isn't that kind of self serving? Isn't that the sort of behavior religion discourages.

If I disown my son because his way of life doesn't line up with my religion, what does that make me?

The way I see it, the only reason a parent would disown their son because said son was gay is because of religion; more specifically, because that parent wants to get into heaven and having a sinner in the house jeopardizes their chances.

Isn't that the ultimate act of selfishness? Shouldn't they be condemned to a lifetime in hell. I view these sorts of people similar to how I view terrorists. Complete narcopaths. Terrorists are willing to ruin others lives because they believe in doing so they will get into heaven and have everything they've ever wanted.

People like this are next level narcissists. Willing to do anything to get the ultimate prize- entrance into heaven.

And I cannot respect people like this. Not sorry.

The God I believe in

If there is a God, I believe he is an all loving mercifully god tolerant of everything and everyone. I believe he created Earth and created other planets so people can benefit from them. I believe he cares about people. I believe he does not personally interfere with the planet and lets society function how society is going to function. I also believe we may never seem him and once we've lived our life, that's it. Or maybe we are reincarnated. Who knows.

I believe we'll never know for certain whether there is a god or not. But I also believe, if there is a god he isn't a merciless, self-centered, hypocrite

You are the leader of your own life

One of the things I find strange about religion is how willing people are to devote their entire lives to the cause. Some religions require people fast for an entire day- which is very unhealthy to do, if you aren't sick. Various roles in different religions require you to give up pleasures in life. Catholic priests for instance can't get married or have sex. And, because of that, other problems that I won't touch on occur.

It's baffling to me that people would give up so much for something that may or may not exist. If there is a God I believe he gave us the ability to live life. I believe we should take advantage of that ability.

If you are religious because it makes your life better, terrific. But if you are religious because you think if you aren't you will burn in hell I urge you to consider how likely this is. There is no proof hell exists. There is no proof a god exists. There is no proof of any of this. I'm not saying you should stop being religious, I'm saying you don't have to adhere so closely to your religion.

Who says you have to follow one religion?

Another thing I find weird about religions is how people think you have to follow one religion or another. This religion is right, this other religion is wrong. That sort of mentality. I don't understand. It's like voting. I'm independent; I vote on individual issues based on how I feel about them. I don't ally myself to either political party. Shouldn't religion be the same way? If you like the teaching in one religion or you believe more in a certain element of one religion why can't you follow both religions. Maybe it's just me, but a group of people all devotedly following the word of one person sounds less like a religion and more like a cult.

Separation of church and state

Religion is not supposed to influence policy and law. And yet, it often does. For instance, in the case of Gay marriage.

I did a post about this a while ago and a lot of people lost their shit. Admittedly, it wasn't very well through. Now that I've had more time to think about it, here is my stance.

Any religious person ought to recognize that the beliefs they hold are different from reality and facts. Any religious person should make a good faith effort not to vote based on their religion. The counterargument- people always vote based on their beliefs. Why should religion be any different? Religion is different because there are absolutely no facts backing it. If you believe, say, Global warming does or doesn't exist there are studies and data supporting your claim. If you believe a God exists, there is absolutely nothing supporting your claim. I wouldn't say absolutely if I wasn't very sure that I was completely correct about this.

Religious superiority

It's funny how Christianity and Islam is taken so uber seriously while scientology is the butt of every joke about religion. Really, is scientology any more ridiculous? I don't know a ton about scientology, but here's what I do know. Scientologists believe in energy and they also believe in a spirit of some sort. Similar to Christianity. The differences are listed here.

This video explains it well too:

I mean, for fuck's sake there are people willing to kill somebody because they challenged their religion. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK?! How on Earth could you be so confident in something when there's absolutely no proof it actually exists.

One thing I hope religion got right

Weird as it sounds, I hope there is a hell. Take somebody like Hitler. Yes, his army turned on him. Yes, he ended up shooting himself. But is that really enough for the crimes he committed? I don't think so. For truly rotten people who are sane enough to realize how bad they are, I think punishment is necessary. It gives me much more peace of mind to think of a horrible person being punished in hell then to think they are lying dead in the ground completely unaware of everything.

And, for that matter...

I hope there is a heaven of some sort. Even if your average person never gets to experience it, I hope there is something like that for truly amazing people. People who gave up their lives to save someone else. People truly worthy of it.

I don't mean you or I. I mean people who have done wonderful things for other people at the expense of their own comfort or life. Not because they were bent on getting into heaven, but because they truly feel better helping people.

I think, just like Hell is for the worst people, heaven is for the best people. And for the rest of us, we get to enjoy our lives and live and when it ends, it ends. Fortunately we won't really know whether there is a heaven or not when the time comes.

The true God in our lives

This is going to sound insane, but I do think there is a god. I think the God in our lives, the ultimate power is our brain.

We have no control over it, and it can be very unpredictable. Try as we might there's still a lot we don't know about it. Without it, we can't live. With a different one, we wouldn't be the same. Weird anology, but I think it actually makes some amount of sense. I'm not saying there isn't a God, but in terms of there being a God in our own lives- our brains would be said God.

But hey, at the end of the day

In the same way we imagine Christmas when we are younger, before we know that (spoiler alert) Santa Claus isn't real, we can imagine religion. Ultimately if it makes our lives better and the people around us lives better (that sounded awkward, just roll with it) who's to say whether religion is bad or good.

It can be bad. It can be good. It all depends on what you choose to believe.

Because, ultimately, religion is nothing more and nothing less then what you choose to believe it is

10
18

Have An Opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• PT1911

What's interesting is that the "separation of chruch and state" clause is used by atheists typically (keyword typically, I'm catholic and I sure as hell don't want Sharia law) to attack the religious (mostly christians, yes the bible thumping protestants, but still christians) yet the entire idea of separation of church and state stemmed from the Cathopic Church wanting the European Kings to stay out of chruch affairs, and to also minimize taxation. Read up on Thomas Beckett of Cantebury. His situation is why the chruch wanted separation of Church and State. Thus I find that comic you posted under the headline to be... inaccurate.

Otherwise, I enjoy a good theological discussion with people of all faiths. It allows me to delve deeper and it actually strengthen my faith more.

With regards to the United States and Amendment 1, I'm a US citizen first, and a catholic second. The law of the land is the law of the land. If I wanted to be somewhere more catholic, I would have styled in Spain/Italy where those cuties have Cathopic Traditions ingrained into their culture (that whole Holy Roman Empire deal)

Good take, very respectful. Don't see too much of that on here sadly

Is this still revelant?
    • Dude , im happy you too know history

• PT1911

@somebodysaycheese

Twas my major, along with Spanish.

Also I go so far as to argue that the Johnson Amendment is actually Unconstitutional. You can have religious groups comment on politics without the government imposing a state religion. It was used to keep religious institutions quiet while the cultural Marxists slowly solidified their grip on the government and people.

• Johnson was a athiest racist. He helped put black people in the ghettos filled with the mafia and drugs and encouraged black women to marry the govt. He also disliked Christianity personally.

Most Helpful Girl

• DaniJ

Just making a quick post here so I can come back and find this later. I don't have time to read it all at the moment. I saw a few valid points, and I like how open and honest you are about your opinions. I also understand that you are not insulting anyone else's beliefs, which is rare now, unfortunately. As a Christian with a theological degree from a Bible College, as well as religious studies from a secular school, I would obviously have a different viewpoint. A few things in your take stood out to me as uninformed, which I don't have time to explain right now. Up for some (eventual) debate?

Is this still revelant?
    • JenSCDC

I'm all for you saying more- I'd love to hear you expert take on this topic.

• DaniJ

So this is going to be loaded with information, so I'll just try and tackle one topic at a time. I'm going to skip the part about knowing which religion to pick for now, because I can't find the information on that right now. Next though is the holy books.
      You mentioned that the holy books are often the "words of God" that he has someone write down. I would say that is partially true of the Bible. We do believe that all scripture is given by inspiration of God, but not in the way I imagine you are thinking. It's not his own personal textbook of laws that he got a ghostwriter for. The Bible was written by many people over hundreds of years. (Scientifically confirmed, though the exact number varies between scientists.) Some books contain a history, very much like a biography of someone's life. Some are records of censuses, laws, and civil ordinances. Some are the private poems and songs that people wrote to God in praise. Some are historical accounts of miracles.

• DaniJ

Some of these people who wrote sections of what now is seen as scripture probably didn't know that they were writing the Bible. The apostle Paul wrote a letter to a Christian slave owner on behalf of his escaped slave to tell him that his slave was now a believer and to treat him kindly. The entire book is a page and a half long. After all of these books were written, they were compiled by God's inspiration by the apostles alive after Christ's ascension. Basically, God decided what out of all the spiritual related writings was to become divine scripture, and what was not. Some of Paul's writings were not, as an example. Other religions have taken books that were rejected from Canon and added it to their own holy books. (Book of Mormon, some Catholic Bibles I believe)

917
  • fuqthegovt

Well I'm pretty sure there is no god. At the very least none worth even acknowledging the existence of, let alone worshiping. Of course no one can prove that, you can't disprove a negative. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Claiming there is no god isn't that extraordinary while claiming there is one is, so the burden of proof is on the theists.

• GoldMeddle

@fuqthegovt Yes, though it depends how you define god. If you define god as a supernatural force, then most likely there is a God since a supernatural force of some sort created the universe (isn't that what the big bang theory claims)

• fuqthegovt

BB Theory makes no such claims. It just says it came from a hot, dense state tending toward a singularity. It says nothing from before 10^-43s (probably the smallest unit of time) or what banged or why it banged. The math says it came from nowhere since when it was quantum-sized it followed quantum mechanics' rules. Virtual particles do this all the time and everywhere. Superstring theory says the universe we are in is just a phase change of a 10-dimensional multiverse that has always existed and is always getting bigger (add more to infinity and it's still infinity). The jury is out on that though since direct evidence is a long way off (possibly centuries if not millenia). But to me that will be proven one way or the other long before the god debate. If something has always existed then there doesn't need to be a god or a creator of it.

• GoldMeddle

@fuqthegovt ah, alright, that makes sense (hard to understand, but makes as much sense as it can). But that doesn't mean some sort of supernatural force couldn't exist. I mean, these theories are good and all but there's no way to confirm them one way or another.

Interesting stuff. Makes as much sense as any other explanation.

• somebodysaycheese

Your so confused.
    Religion and state became separate in 1964 when Lyndon and all his athiest racist friends wantes to use the text " separation of state and church" to convince the ignorant it actually meant seperation of state and church. When it means the state (for the puritans it was the royal family) staying out of the church. Which brings us to mormons a denomination created by people, Baptist... all creates by the royal families of Europe and having the bible changes to fit their lifestyle choice.
    Quran... well muslim religion is pretty much the Christian religion gone astray.

Is god real? Well ask the scientific findings of the turan of jesus.
    You dont get into heaven by being a good person you get their by repenting and not sinning consciously. so you won't be getting into the god of judea heaven but whatever god you beleive in.

Our president has forced the country to subscribe to beleive your born in the wrong body. Peoplea beleifs are forced on us. Or the beleif that people are born gay yet their is no scientific evidence of that.

And your all types of confused.

• GoldMeddle

I'M all types of confused? Yeah, Ok.

"muslim religion is pretty much the Christian religion gone astray"- nailed that on the head with my section about religious superiority. Didn't realize how accurate it really was.

How exactly has the president "forced" people to believe something? That is a gross misuse of that word.

No, it means keeping religion separate. Which only makes sense. You can't make laws on a basis of belief, laws must be made logically.

There are no scientific findings that prove god is real. If there were, why are so many scientists atheists?

In your opinion that's how you get into heaven. Has just as much merit as my opinion. I may be right, you may be right.

• Lol.
      You need to eduate yourself on us govt laws. And what laws the same men who signed the decleration of independence put into place for having a bible in every household, having christian priciples... etc you can research this.

"nailed that on the head with my section about religious superiority. Didn't realize how accurate it really was"
      Lol what are you even talking about? Lol your feelings are projecting

"
      "In your opinion that's how you get into heaven. Has just as much merit as my opinion. I may be right, you may be right. "
      Actually jesus and his disciples are right after all that's why he died to be our salvation. Says so in the scriptures the Hebrew and aramaic ones are available if you wanna see original content.

.

• And like i said look up thr scientific findings of the turan of Jesus.

• relaxrelax

ehh wrong
    you have no study I can tell
    you just believe what you wanna believe
    and what you hear about the books from other people
    instead of testing scripture yourself

you have not read the QURAN
    you have not read the BIBLE
    you have not read the BOOK OF MORMON
    you have not read the Annunaki text
    you have not read the Greek texts of the titans

YOU LACK KNOWLEDGE

EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID IS BULLSHIT
    YOU DON'T KNOW
    SO DON'T TALK

• GoldMeddle

Present a single study supporting what is said in any of those books. You criticize me for not having studies, but do you have any?

• relaxrelax

Genesis 6:4
      There were GIANTS on the earth in those days; and also after that, when the SONS OF GOD came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

https://img.webme.com/pic/k/ka-ta/1.jpg

t was 12 ft 2 in (3.71 m) tall, weighed 2 tonnes (4000lbs), and had 6 toes on its right foot. After being exhibited in Dublin, it was brought to England and exhibited in Liverpool and Manchester at sixpence a head, 'attracting scientific men as well as gaping sightseers
      www.6000years.org/graphics/irish%20giant.jpg

WHO ARE THE SONS OF GOD?

Enoch chapter 6
      And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. 2. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children

calmcrash.files.wordpress.com/.../...feet-tall.jpg

• relaxrelax

i can only put so much only 1000 letters at a time

• I've been identifying as a secular humanist, because that is basically my ideology. I don't believe in any sort of god or higher power (especially the kind of deity presented in the major religions), but that is my personal take on it.

However, your religion should have no influence on other people; that is where I draw the line when it comes to "freedom of religion".

• sailorjupiter

what I can conclude from this myTake, you're so confuse and that's why you have so many doubts, questions and curiosity.

you can decide to yourself - to stay in doubt OR find a way to get the answers, in whatever thing you choose, yeah, it's a religion.

• jacquesvol

Good for you, all that stuff. Just don't try to impose it on others.

www.drwindows.de/.../...gion-ist-wie-ein-penis.jpg

• jacquesvol

..."Muslim religion is pretty much the Christian religion gone astray"...
      Indeed. Jesus is mentioned more often in the Quran than Muhammad. Mary and the immaculate conception are described in the same way the Bible does it. I think that most of it started with Muhammad meeting Nestorian Monks in Syria. (One of them -Baheira- would follow him to Arabia.)

• jacquesvol

Separation of church and state was one of the principles the French Revolution started with. Napoleon dumped it partially in 1803-1805.

• jacquesvol

This is a recentexample of what happens when religion gets a grip on the State:

https://i.imgur.com/cX9ORF8.jpg

• clampfan101

No one should be disowned for religion. (if anything at all) Parents must love their children regardless, accepting them for who they are. Trying to encourage,(but never forcing), them to share religions is all good and well. Disowning simply for differences in beliefs is unacceptable.

• Muhammad1999

The truth religions are the ones whom are the people of the book , like , Christians, muslims and jews , these three are worshipping the only and same God.

• jacquesvol

Indeed, they have a common base (the Sumerian and Babylonian religions) Enuma Elish - The Babylonian Epic of Creation https://www.ancient.eu/article/225/

• JenSCDC

If you knew even a little about the Bible, you would know that there are actually two Old Testament Gods, Yahweh and Elohim.

• @JenSCDC the True bible ( the book of Christianity) has only one God and the same as islam and the same God because there is only one God.

• Alex88F

religion is fear. fear of what lies Beyond rationality (science, devoid of moral, as progress is devoid of any moral when too many money are involved) and therefore the need to control, and therefore the extreme control need evolve into terrorism. Religion is a social glue and the poison that starts a civilization fall. We're all in this toghter, so i'll never stop saying this - abolish religion!

• Coolerthanyourmom

You dont know if he exists? give him a chance God is worth it. look at it this way would you rather believe in God and have a shot at getting in heaven, or rott in hell for not?

confess that christ is your savior
    repent of your sins

ITS NOT THAT HARD GOD BLESS :)

• Mrs_Claus

Pascal's wager. Just an observation

• GoldMeddle

As I explained I'm agnostic. Which means I believe I don't know if he exists or not. No need to tell me.

• JenSCDC

How are we supposed to know that he exists?

• JenSCDC

The Bible was written by many people with different goals over a long period of time.

• True bible was written by prophet jesus but it has been edited overtime.

• JenSCDC

@Muhammad1999 The Bible was written by Jesus? Please tell us how you come to believe that.

• Because in our religion islam has Quran and it talks about Christianity as a true religion and Jesus is a true prophet.

• EmoKate97

You hate religion too? What a dangerous and unique opinion to have in the west! *sarcasm*

I'm not religious myself and i do agree with some points in this article but i acknowledge some religions are better then others. I don't know much but i'm less worried about something like Christianity and more worried about Christianity being replaced by something worst. I'm not at all convinced that everyone is going to suddenly become a rocket scientist if they were atheist. I mean i'd consider most Hollywood garbage like Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton and their followers to technically be atheist.

• Saoirse_Nua

Yeah I don't know why religion raises such hackles - I have a system of personal beliefs and other people have more structural beliefs that is okay once we don't interfere with each other - Most of religions in their purest forms are fine, it was people who F***** it up by manipulating it to serve your own ends ( The worst being if you don't behave you go to hell or equivalent, an example of misbehaving wondering why the priests and their friends (the 1%) have 98% of the country's wealth with many good religious people are living in poverty)

• JenSCDC

It raises such hackles because so much evil has been done - and continues to be done- in its name.

• BrennaJoy

Well, how can you prove there is a God? By a book written by a group of guys getting hammered on wine Two Thousand Years Ago! I am sick of hearing in this fine country of ours about not just religions. I was born and assigned a Christian religion but Wait! Why do you hear coming out of Politicians mouths, and a huge amount of their constituency as "He's not Christian." "He represents Christians." Gee, I wonder how a Hindu or Jew or Muslim or Buddhist must feel being an American and listening to their own Congressman or Senator or neighbor designate that the Christian religion is the American religion! What? Please! We are still living in the dark ages here! I can go on and on about how our ways are archaic and not of this time period! I will say, The new Pope is amazing and is of this time period and understands the human element and doesn't make religion the only path anyone should see!

• Someone, please listen to this modern scholar. Oh and guess what, bigots, she's a WOMAN, too. Don't like it? Too bad, she speaks a truth nobody has ever spoken before. Deal with it, fascists.

• Cooloooniy

I'm personally a Christian I believe God loves everyone and I believe that if he didn't love someone the way they are he would've made them differently it says in the Bible God created man in his own image and it was good if he made it in his image and he's perfect then guess what everyone is exactly what they are supposed to be and look like so if God loves a gay man/woman or a hoe or a atheist who's to say I shouldn't love them all the same. Anyways... That being said and done I also believe that they did find texts and notes from non Christian members of society such as Jewish leaders and Romans mentioning Jesus many times from times he was believed to be alive so that's some what scientific evidence that Jesus was at least real.

• JenSCDC

Geez, some people just refuse to follow stereotypes :)

• John_Doesnt

I don't address fools who still believe in Santa and being rewarded for invisible good deeds.

• HappierThanYou

Nobody is reading all that lol. Religion is all fiction. People are stupid. Just accept that.

• Aldrich_

Religion has caused too many problems. Don't care for it.

• SnowHearth

Interesting!

• Kelfuma

This is a great article!!

• Adigelunar

.. Thanks for sharing

• GoodGuyGregGGG

What c@me first adam and eve or dinosaurs?

• Guy83

It's not swept under the rug.

• Anonymous

Awesome, how open minded. Wanna learn about my spirit cookin?

• Anonymous

You talk about maximising your chances of getting into heaven. That doesn't sound like you're agnostic.

• GoldMeddle

Its not as though that comment was a dumb joke. Nope 100% serious.

• Anonymous

You might not be aware how difficult it is to gauge when someone is making a dumb joke, in the purely written form. Especially when it comes to religion.

• Anonymous

It should be swept OVER the rug !