It Is Possible To Be Pro-LGBT And Pro-Life!

Anonymous

I never understand why people are either anti-gay and anti-abortion or pro-gay and pro-abortion. For the record, it is possible to be both pro-LGBT and pro-life!

1. Being Pro-LGBT

I believe that gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transsexuals deserve to be treated like ordinary citizens. Whatever a heterosexual person takes for granted in society, a non-heterosexual person should have the same. That includes gay marriage and gay adoption. My view of LGBT rights extends into the pro-life arena.

2. Being Pro-Life

I believe that people can only abort a pregnancy, if the unborn is mentally/physically handicapped. Rape, incest, economics, or even putting the person's life in danger are not sufficient reasons to abort a child, because the child may be born perfectly healthy and could have been a productive citizen, but the child's life is unfairly taken away. Instead of abortion, I believe that foundling homes, orphanages, and foster homes are the solution; and I believe that gay couples should be allowed to adopt the healthy children. Now, if the unborn is defected in some way, then the unborn may be better off dead than to live with a permanent, uncurable handicap. What counts as a "handicap" varies a lot. Some people are born with autism or Down's syndrome, but they seem to live perfectly normal lives. So, those handicapped people deserve to live. Other people are born with no brain cortex, and if the abortionist doesn't take their lives, then Mother Nature will, because these people can't survive long.

26
12

Most Helpful Girl

• Brokenheartedx
    Sorry Have to correct you a moment on your take on handicapp austism isn't a handicap... some famous people who have autism you wouldn't class as handicapped
    Dan akroyd has a form of austism
    So did Einstein.. those with austism are considered to have a higher IQ than those without.

Handicapped is someone that has brain malfunctions that they rely on carers for day to day things, they can't feed or go to the toilet themselves. Everything is done by tube. Down's syndrome isn't a handicapp unless fed through a tube and has serious other illnesses as well.

I think in life anyone can be pro or anti Anythin if they feel strongly about it.
    Having a brother who was seriously handicapped and left to die on a hospital mortuary slab alone as they did on those days my mother would have had him aborted. He was born with half a skull and brain. Not only did he suffer for a few hours but he died alone never been cuddled.. he was whisked away from my mother she never saw him or held him.. I think if my mum knew at the time of pregnancy and hat would of became of her son after he was born she would of aborted him. So with that I believe in abortion.

As for lesbian and gays that's their right to love who they want and they can be pro lifers or anti abortions...
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

You just repeated what I said about abortion and LGBT rights. I believe that abortion should be limited to cases in which the child is stillborn or defected in some way, and this defected leech causes harm to the pregnant person. All other reasons are not justifiable. Instead, healthy babies should be taken to a foster home, foundling home, or orphanage, where they may be adopted by an increasing number of gay couples.

• The onlyObjection I have of your opinion is you claiming that autistic kids/ people are handicapped

• Anonymous

I think a handicap is a handicap situationally. People with special needs learn differently than other people or the general population. If these people are placed in a regular school and given the same kind of attention as other students, then they may or may not do well. Hence their own unique characteristic becomes a handicap. This is the same thing with the bulldog. The bulldog cannot survive in the wild, because it has short, stubby legs and a short snout. In the wild, it is an extreme disadvantage that will put them at risk of extinction. In a comfy home environment, the bulldog can live.

Most Helpful Guy

• Waffles731
    "Other people are born with no brain cortex, "
    What about the times where its clear the baby will be still born but the mother will die if they don't abort
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

You said "It's clear the baby will be stillborn". No one wants a stillborn baby. It is not adoptable. Then, in that case, the pregnancy can be aborted, assuming the stillbirth is naturally caused.

• Waffles731

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Savita_Halappanavar
      That happened in Ireland, the Woman was denied an abortion and she died

• jacquesvol

@Waffles731 Indeed, I remember that story: legally she could have been saved by an abortion but the doctor considered it was against his religion. 'Religious freedom' which allows doctors to let women die to please a cosmic zombie they believe in.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1125
  • madhatters4
    i think it is definitely possible.
  • openthedoors
    Lmao I consider myself the exact opposite from your views on both those issues.
    • Waffles731

You're anti-gay marriage and pro-choice?
      Thats an even stranger stance

• Waffles731

Not criticizing just a stance I've never really seen before

• @Waffles731 I'm not anti-gay marriage I'm against complete equality of the LGBT community. For example I think kids would be better adopted to normal families as they may have psychological problems growing up with two of the same sex parents. Kids find that stuff weird because it isn't natural. They might stare and other things and no kid wants that- it will certainly cause psychological problems. That's what I meant by not being completely pro-LGBT.

• 

• mermaidrocketship
    Are you really pro-life is you believe a mentally/physically handicapped baby's life is not worth saving? Pro-life is more than anti-abortion. It's a worldview that sees every person in society as valuable and deserving of life.
    • Anonymous

Now that you mention it, I think anti-abortion is more accurate.

• gotc147
    People can have all kinds of beliefs, I'm free as a bird to agree with gay marriage and reject gun control (which I do) as just one example.

Democrats and Republicans are just ways to divide people. Most people don't agree with either one 100%.
  • slatyb
    I can't argue with your beliefs. You can believe whatever you like. You can believe in the Easter Bunny. But your opposition to abortion is scientifically indefensible. Whatever personhood is, a 12-week fetus does not have it.
  • Nuala
    So if giving birth to a baby will kill you then you should just go with it? Okay...
    • Anonymous

If the unborn baby is healthy and normal without birth defects, then yes. You just go with it. Childbirth is always a dangerous procedure. One life may be gone, but a new life begins.

• Nuala

So if the baby is going to have a birth defect it's okay?

• Anonymous

Yes. If the baby has a birth defect, then I believe it is all right to abort. Babies with birth defects are usually not adoptable/wanted anyway. But then, some babies seem to have really mild defects, like Down's syndrome or autism. They can live on their own, if given the proper upbringing and support. So, I think it really depends on the type of birth defect and how severe it is. If the birth defect is so severe, then Mother Nature is likely going to take the life of the child sooner or later; and if the unborn is severely defected and causing harm to the health of the mother, then the life should be terminated.

• QuestionMan
    To quote George Carlin
    "Catholics and other Christians are against abortions and they're against
    homosexuals. Well who has less abortions than homosexuals?"
  • AngelLily
    Yes it's possible I have seen LGBT pro life people there's even a few on Instagram I know about but they always get bashed/mock by other non pro life LGBT.
  • John_Doesnt
    Any group is capable of having retarded beliefs. Being stupid isn't exclusive to religious or straight people or rednecks
  • Saoirse_Nua
    I don't necessarily see a conflict, they are not mutually exclusive - Probably fairly rare but I am sure it happens.
  • ObscuredBeyond
    Possible, but counter-productive. One thing is all about life and how sacred it is, the other is about an excuse to defile the body and impose celebration of such on the mainstream to force its acceptance (or even deification, in extreme examples.)

The pro-LGBT/anti-life crowd is at least consistent about one thing: their love affair with death and that which leads to disease and death. Even if they tend to be very inconsistent about many other things.

Even so, good point: not everyone naively waving around a rainbow flag and thinking it only stands for good things is also necessarily a foam-at-the-mouth baby butchery lover. And what a relief! The things I've seen on video...

(Classic example: the Burger King gal that went ballistic.) Thanks for helping keep my faith in humanity from being completely dead.
  • dragonfly6516
    I am 100% in support of equal rights for BGLT, and I am against abortion in almost all cases. Unless the mother's life is in danger, the baby will be massively deformed, have a debilitating disease, a short and/or painful life, or the baby was a product of rape, including statutory rape with a willing minor, I don't agree with abortion.
    Rape cases are also a really tricky subject. Studies have shown that victims of rape often resent the child and even emotionally abuse them later on. This not always the case, but very common. I am pro-choice in those cases, if the mother is of legal age.
  • Elarra
    The only thing that comes to mind while reading this Take is the word "Duh".
  • Phoenix98
    Yes it possible I mean if that's what your believe then that's what you believe no one can take that away from you or make you not think that.
  • inceptin951
    Regardless of your arguments, I agree that it is possible to hold liberal positions in some areas and conservative opinions in others. I'm pro-life but also think that climate change needs to be addressed and that marijuana should be legal as well as gay marriage.

I think a lot of people, particularly Americans, feel pressured to side 100% with the party they vote for because the minute they don't they get crucified by their fellow Republicans/Democrats. People need to think outside the box and try to form independent opinions because those tend to be more logical than the party-line.
  • John_Lion_84
    Here is the thing! We all do expect things from the society and most of all to accept.
    Look through history! every time something different comes into the society, they go crazy, it's a habit. No one knows why things are this way, they do it because of habit. People make fun of others because they are born unhealthy ''handicap for an example'' Why would i make fun of person that is helpless?
    My parents taught me a lot how to accept things since i was little kid, but not to accept everything. There is logic behind everything. People call them homos, i call them different, and am different to them as well, but i don't judge. I don't care if they are doing things that is wrong because of religion, it's not my job to judge, it's not like i guaranteed heaven, am so far from that. Let people do what they want as long they don't hurt others.
  • Dred1614returns
    I don't see how those two stances correlate. I don't see how being pro life would impact your LGBT views.
  • sedrftvgyhujik
    Very possible im pro abortion but any mix of the 2 is possible.
  • Sojex
    Yes, it's called being "Pro-Do What The Fuck You Wanna Do"
  • Dark_Scorpio
    So let me get this straight. You're okay with aborting a baby if it's handicapped, but not in the event of rape or even if the mother's life is in danger. That is completely stupid.

For one is a woman is rape she shouldn't have to give birth what so ever. Second more than likely is the mother dies then so does the child. Better yet how about the biggest reason of all...

IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!

How does a woman you don't even know abort her baby affect your life in the slightest? Please tell me that?
  • blondfrog
    Yeah people have all sorts of different kinds of mixed views and beliefs.
  • CurlyBookWriter
    I love the LGBTQA+ people! I believe in Gay/Lesbian marriage and adoption between same sex couples! With the pro-life thing I don't know.. because to be honest I can't carry a child because it would put too much stress on my heart and I could die and I also have medical issues too that could be passed down. So if I were to get pregnant, I would rather have an abortion so my child wouldn't have to suffer what I had to growing up.

Now, if a woman is raped and someone raped her in the family and is pregnant I wouldn't mind is she had the abortion. Trust me, I would too if that ever happened to me!
  • Relentless_Hippie
    Who said it wasn't possible?
  • bloodmountain1990
    Well yeah , the two aren't mutually exclusive.
  • Adigelunar
    good one
  • OfDeath
    Of course it is.
  • DarkWizard
    <3Love İs Love <3
  • Anonymous
    I'm Anti LGBT so I don't support gay marriage but I am ok with abortion I think girls should daside and be allowed to choose if they do or don't want to have a baby
  • Anonymous
    They're completely unrelated.
  • Anonymous
    I am this person.
    I am for marriage equality of members of the same sex as well as preventing discrimination for members of the LGBT community. The state took over marriage and made it non-religious and we can't then suddenly say that it's a religious institution to prevent same sex couples (who are consenting adults) from enjoying the same legal status that heterosexual couples do.
    However, I am pro-life. Can we just call abortion what it is? It is killing a child. There are some reasonably sounding excuses that are put forth as arguments for the legality of abortion, but to me, none can justify murder, other than maybe because the life of the mother is in jeopardy. When we start to disregard the life of an unborn child, it makes me feel as though we could descend into a society that disregards and explains away the life of adults as well.
  • Anonymous
    in my opinion, I look at Homosexuals and the way people are easily accepting it this way :
    the world is becoming very very stupid place and people keep getting worse and worse and they don't fully understand major stuff nowadays, like marriage for example. That tells me that accepting this by the dumb people gives me a pretty high possibility that it's wrong.
  • Anonymous
    I'm anti-LGBT but I am pro death/choice.
  • Anonymous
    Conservatives are anti-gay and anti-abortion.
  • Anonymous
    I have a sibling that is gay and Republican. So, yes.
  • Anonymous
    It's LGBTQX you insensitive ass!
  • Anonymous
    Well, I'm pro-choice and anti-lgbt. By the way, I'm an atheist.