Apologies to the LGBTQ+ Community: Is It Really Necessary?

scarlett

Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau made headlines by delivering an emotional filled apology to all members of the Canadian LGBTQ+ community for past discrimination and wrongdoing they endured. People around the world are praising Trudeau for his act of bringing awareness to the decades long struggle the LGBTQ+ community has faced against oppression at the hands of their own governments.

Today, we offer a long overdue apology to all those whom we, the Government of Canada, wronged. We are sorry. We hope by acknowledging our failings we can make the crucial progress LGBTQ2 people in Canada deserve. We will continue to support each other in our fight for equality because we know that Canada gets stronger every single day that we choose to embrace diversity - Trudeau

Some are wondering when (or if) other nations that have historically oppressed this community will also acknowledge their wrongdoings. However, others are questioning why apologies for past wrongs is necessary. Does apologizing really make a difference? Some say we should let the past stay in the past and it makes no sense to apologize for things others in the past did. This is the notion that I am addressing in this myTake.

I believe Canada is ahead of the game when it comes to gaining equality for all historically oppressed minority groups but it doesn't hurt to acknowledge that mistakes were made in the past. By acknowledging those mistakes, it shows a big step in the right direction and may even help other nations follow suit in giving their LGBT communities those basic rights that are still missing in much of the world.

Here is a brief excerpt of his speech.

As an example of one thing Trudeau is apologizing for, apparently "the government introduced legislation to expunge the criminal records of those convicted of having consensual same-sex activity. Canada decriminalized homosexuality in 1969, yet records of the convictions remain. The bill earmarks 4 million Canadian dollars ($3.11 million) over the next two fiscal years to carry out the destruction of these criminal records.

Trudeau also announced an agreement had been reached in a class-action lawsuit for 110 million Canadian dollars ($85.80 million) to be paid out to former civil servants and members of the military who lost their jobs because of their sexual orientation. A ban on lesbian and gay military service persisted until 1992." (taken from this news article).

I agree that it is unacceptable for members of the LGBTQ+ community to continue to carry around criminal records simply because of who they love! Actions like this can go a long way towards helping individuals reconcile with the Canadian government for the hatred they experienced in the past when Canada was not so LGBTQ+ friendly. It is also a big step towards healing. And since many of those people who experienced that discrimination are still alive today, I say apologizing IS necessary! I would also love to see more countries follow suit, acknowledge their wrongdoings, and continue to strive for equality.

What do you think about this? If you are not Canadian, do you feel your country should follow Trudeau's footsteps? Share your thoughts below. ❤️💛💚💙💜

56
28

Most Helpful Guy

• truthbeknown
    Canadian here, and I fucking hate JT!!! Ok, the apology thing is for anyone who was fired or denied employment in any level of a Canadian Government job, including RCMP, Military, Parliament, and even municipal levels simply because you were gay. I fully support any sexuality, and therefore if you were fired or denied employment simply because you are gay, then yes, you should get an official apology. What I don't agree with is the possibility that the Canadian government may be open to or obliged to financially compensate those people in the same regard as Omar Khadr or Abdullah Almalki, Ahmad El Maati and Muayyed Nureddin were. I highly doubt any monies would be in the millions of dollars, but this still could cost tax payers in the millions depending on how many there are and how far this goes. Paying people out is not fair because other employment opportunities existed, plus, there was no guarantee they would have stayed there or possibly had been fired for legitimate reasons anyways. This is just more proof that Liberal mentality is a mental disorder saying that just because you are gay you are automatically repressed and therefore a victim and you should be automatically compensated for by everyone else. Socialism and wealth redistribution one "sorry" at a time.
    Is this still revelant?
    • USA1960

truthbeknown - You are a wise man Sir.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anonymous
    Nah, there was never a lgbq massacre so what is there to be sorry for?

If it's the bullying then fat people need an apology too
    Is this still revelant?
    • QooLipBite

Exactly 😂😂😂

• Ever heard of the holocaust? LGBT+ people were killed in that. Many other mass shootings have happened too. Look it up.

• QooLipBite

@RachelleDraws don't be dumb. There weren't genocides on a mass scale that SPECIFICALLY target LGBT+, they were just a small inclusive group. NEITHER were they politically motivated by governments.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

2755
  • hellionthesagereborn
    Nope, its moronic. Did he do those things? No. Did the current generation do those things? No. Does the current generation carry the sins of their forefathers on their back and thus have an obligation to prostrate themselves to people who have not been adversely effected by these things? No. So why make the apology? The irish where forced to the America's against their will as "indentured servants"(i. e. slaves in all but name), they where discriminated against, worse then blacks early on actually as blacks where considered more agreeable and more resilient to the heat. Does the current generation owe us an apology? No. They did no wrong, we did not experience this discrimination so we where never wronged, and they did no wrong. An apology is pandering, but more importantly its instilling a victim complex and a sense of entitlement to people who have not really been effected. Are their some individuals who do wrong and have discriminated? Sure, but those are individuals, why would we hold an entire generation, or an entire country accountable for the actions of an individual? This again, causes a victim complex and a sense of entitlement which creates inequality. That's why you have the controversy where a Christian baker, believing that gay marriage went against his religious beliefs, is being sued and punished for not doing what a gay couple felt he should do, felt they where "owed". Meanwhile the man had been there baker for years never having issue with their sexuality only with the marriage as he believed it was between a man and a woman yet his rights did not matter, the rights of the LGBTQ community mattered more. That's why when a gay coffee shop owner discriminated against a group of Christians by kicking them out of his coffee shop simply because he found out they where Christian, no one batted an eye. We have now set a precedence that LGBTQ entitlments trump other peoples rights. That is very very dangerous. So no, you cannot treat people as equals by discriminating against others, by placing others on a pedestal which Trudeau did. We have all been wronged at some point in history, their is not a single group that has not been discriminated against, not a single group that has not discriminated, by acting as if one where many, by assigning group guilt we are effectively ensuring that this new group gains enough of a protective status to start discriminating themselves. Focus on the individuals actions, do not assign them to the group.
  • ladsin
    I don't care about apologies, although they are nice. I care about what we're doing in the here and now, you can apologize until you're blue in the face, but unless you're actively supporting equal rights I won't give two shits about your apology.

For me it's like our current president (trump) saying he was the party of the LGBT community then picking a VP that was for electroshock torture of the gays.
    • Mike Pence is such a weirdo. He refers to his wife as Mother and won’t eat dinner with someone besides his wife. As if you can’t speak with another women unless it’s sexual or something.

• But I agree actions speak louder than words.

• ladsin

@bloodmountain1990 yeah, he's certainly an interesting fellow, this whole administration drives me pretty crazy, and not because I'm liberally minded (liberal libertarian) but just because they're all so awful, I don't understand how this all came to be.

• WTFliberals
    Every sane person knows that Justin Trudeau is cuck !!!
    He gave millions for convicted terrorists
    He made half his cabinet of women... why? he said its 2015 !!!
    He apologizes for anything PC related.

I don't have any respect for him.
    • Me neither. Such a pathetic cuck...

• BobMonster

Yes, I would like to respect him so much, but he just makes it impossible.

• sawno
    People need to stop bowing and apologising to that community in general if they make unreasonable demands. By doing so they keep encouraging very poor sjw behavior and this movement as a result have weaponized there victimhood to oppress others.
    • I don't think LGBTQ people are making any unreasonable demands in this particular instance. At least I haven't heard of any in the last couple of days. The apology is politicized for sure, but it's about acknowledging the fact that many Canadians were fired from civil servant or government jobs, or dishonourably discharged from the Canadian Forces because of their sexuality.

• Just like these old christian couples who refused to bake for fags.
      their store got shut down cause the fags couldn't handle it.

• FakeName123
    It makes no sense. The majority has no obligation to apologise to the minority. The majorities job is it to make a functional society. Once it functions and creates safety and wealth, miniorities will benefit from what the majority created as well.

Apologising essentially downplays the creation of a functional society that made it even possible in the first place for all those people to have an open lifestyle.
  • WhistleForTheChoir
    The actual apology isn't as important as the amends he's willing to give people who were jailed, whose careers were destroyed and whose entire lives were torn apart because they were gay.
    • scarlett

I agree. Taking action to fix things like that is important.

• curiousnorway
    I think it would be more effective and better to focusing on the present where people are working on improving people's rights instead. I think it's a good thing people are looking at the past to learn, so they don't do the same mistake again. But what people did in the past isn't what people who lives today is responsible for, because they weren't involved in what happen before their time. It's nothing wrong with apologizing, but it wouldn't make the most sense either.
  • luna_love
    yeah there is no need for any of this. we are all equal under the law and that's enough. no need for apologize for something your great grandfather might or might not have done. you are responsible for things you do and say, not for things somebody else has done or said.
  • USA1960
    I believe in the old adage, " Live and Let Live". However, I do not " support " that LifeStyle. It goes against my personal and moral beliefs. The LGBTQ Groups have been shoving their " lifestyle " down the throats ( No Pun Intended ) of Heterosexual persons for far too long. and that is total b. s. Apologies? Hell no.
    • As a straight person, you have never had to live with the fear of people turning on you or hating you purely for your sexuality. You didn't hide in your room crying, wishing you were a different sexuality then what you were born. And the 'shoving down throats' thing you only experience due to being homophobic. I only argue and/or pester someone about the subject who is directing homophobia towards me, my friends or people I know.

• USA1960

@RachelleDraws - 1. I'm Proud to be " Homophobic " as your sort likes to dish out. 2. Gays have LONG enjoyed the rights and freedom from beatings and the like, just as any Nationality, Race, or Gender does, yet " yes " all those mentioned, and more are sometimes done wrong on various levels. 3. No, I do not, nor have I ever had to cry in my bedroom over such a twisted ill-logical belief system that I am but what I am, that being a male. I am Heterosexual, and I am an M. F-ing Proud Heterosexual. I offer zero apologies for that. Nor do I offer sympathy for men " thinking that their anything but a male, nor a female with similar twisted views. So take you " Homophobic " name calling ass on down your yellow brick road Dorthy. I will continue to fund Organizations that repel your bizarre and sick thinking, and I will continue to speak the truth and never give into to the perversion of the LGBTQXRS etc idiocracy.

• @RachelleDraws Disagreeing with someone's lifestyle doesn't mean you have a phobia. I disagree with pornography, but that doesn't mean I have a phobia of porn stars. I believe that gay people should have the right to be what they want to be and live their lives without being bullied or harassed. But why is it that people like you can't respect other people having a different opinion? Some people hold deeply religious beliefs or they simply disagree based on their conscience. People like you always talk about tolerance, yet I can't help noticing how intolerant you are towards those who don't agree with you. So yes, gay people should have the right to be what they want to be, but they have no right to force their sexuality onto the rest of society. There has to be respect on both sides.

• Redstang88
    As for the apology - sure, whatever. Couldn't care less.
    As for spending 115 million fucking dollars on it - that's borderline treasonous. He was born to kiss ass, he should stick to what he knows. Namely be kept far away from financial decisions.

I said it from day one - it took us 20 years to recover from the damage his father did, and Trudumb Jr will be even worse.
    • I was going to write my own opinion.

Then I read this one and decided I could not have said it any better.

But you know, to lefties, it's always the words and never the money that matters.

And that will remain true until the money runs out.

• BeekidyBop
    In general, I'd prefer an apology that wasn't necessary to no apology when one was needed. In this case I belive that Trudeau's apology was sincere and deserved and I commend Canada's leadership while wishing my own country would take this as a lesson and get with the program.
  • BuchitaBuchys
    Yes. Those in power had real affect in the lives of these people. It would be better if those making such policies like openly allowing discrimination like firing just for being gay, or blocking marriage equality, etc to make the apology themselves, but bigots would never do such things.
  • Purple_Babe14
    Yeah, because just because someone is different, does not give us the right to judge them. Fucking let them be them, and you be you. What's the point of throwing all this childish ass shade. If you offend someone of the LGBT community just be a grown ass person and apologize.

@Hemlock, I would love to meet your cousin if I had the chance. I would love them no matter who they are, or what they like. This is what I should have said.
  • Izumiblu
    It’s cheap and meaningless as it doesn’t actually accomplish anything. Therefore I don’t really care if he apologized or not. I also don’t care if the leader of my country apologizes because it takes not effort and doesn’t do anything positive or negative.
    • I agree. Apologizing doesn't really mean anything. We can't change the past, we can only acknowledge it and move forward.

• Astoriana
    He was apologizing to military members and civil servants who were fired for being gay. Just FYI.
    • Astoriana

Also, it’s notable that Trudeau decided to apologize to residential school survivors from Newfoundland and Labrador (though in reality just Labrador. The Innu Nation is mostly situated around Goose Bay. Worked with some Innu people when I worked in a mine.), something which the Grand Ferret Stephen Harper refused to do, claiming that the residential school system in that province was not under the purview of the national system as NL joined much later. It’s also worth noting that the Innu Nation refused to accept the apology, something is to me indicative of the way indigenous peoples have been treated, and still are.

• scarlett

Yes, I mentioned the agreement that was made with those military members and civil servants who lost their jobs, and also people who were convicted of same-sex relations before homosexuality was decriminalized, legislation was introduced to get their records expunged. I hope things continue and the government keeps taking these types of actions to at least in part make up for some of the horrible things they did.

• TechOnLose
    No apology, I hate those groups I don't hate gays or lesbians but I hate the fact that they act always like people hunt them with forks and torches, wtf is with all those parades why they make a big deal in being gay it's nothing special or important about it, someones sexual life means square shit in today's world. Now if they invent nuclear fusion then we are talking.
    • I agree and I feel like by doing all of this its only separating them more.

• WallA
    I sort of see this the same way I see the BLM rally. I get why people could get worked up over all that, but I don’t understand why I need to apologize for my ancestors being assholes. I haven’t done shit to any of you, so just leave me out of it.
    • He's apologising on behalf of what other people have done. It feels really good to have people do this. Normally, the strangers that talk to me based on my sexuality make homophobic comments and tell me horrible stuff. Hearing something like an apology is refreshing. It makes me feel so much better about myself.

• Kiran04
    Yawn, cry baby Tradeu. Apologizing for crimes committed by others is akin to reparations for slavery, to which I'll always say "fuck no". I'll never allow anyone to attempt to hold me accountable for the crimes of others, or approve of anyone attempting to hold someone else accountable for the crimes of others. Tradeu is undermining that principle. What a cuck.
  • Oram52
    I don't think apology was necessary, LGBT faced discrimination absolutely and that needs to be acknowledged. To some extent they still face discrimination. However there was no need for official apology. Also there is NO such thing as Q+.
  • RedThread
    I think it's great. Some people's lives were ruined when people could be fired or criminalized simply for being gay. It's a great step towards moving on from that past.
  • bloodmountain1990
    Yes. The reason why there are gay pride parades is because they’ve been discriminated against and in fear of being attacked whether it’s physical or verbal. Straight people never had that fear simply for being straight.
    • It's good to see people with an open mind like you. Thank you.

• TechOnLose

The problems is that this doesn't happen anymore, all those gay pride parades are pathetic like some whining fucks crying for attention. No ones give the biggest fuck you are gay, I have gay friends and never in my life, I've seen someone saying anything about it the 'discrimination' problem has long passed it's over, all this gay pride dilemma is only for the show now. And then again, if there is to take pride in being gay, why taking pride in being Asian white or black is called racism? people are receiving a good deal of racism every day all around the world but 'parades' don't work imagine 'white pride' the day when white people make parades because of black people racism. What's the first thought coming to your mind.. uhh Nazi.

• @TechOnLose I have to deal with homophobia on a weekly basis. When I go to a public place with my girlfriend and hold her hands, I get dirty looks, if I kiss her, I get stares, and sometimes, someone says something horrible. Things like that rarely happen when you're with a group of friends. And of course, those people have to know that you're homosexual. But these scenarios are just limited to the real world. Online I often get people making homophobic comments on my opinions or questions. Look at a lot of other people here. You'll see what I mean.

• misslucky
    Honestly? The entire issue shouldn't be hyped up. Marriage is a holy ceremony of religion, most religions are homophobic, but if they want to - power to them.
  • Browneye57
    The progressive left. Everything that was good is now bad, and everything that was bad is now good.
  • meowcow
    The apology is meaningless, and he is shedding crocodile tears.

Why would an LGBT person even give a shit about an apology?

Here's the reason why they should not care:
    1. The LGBT community today were largely not even alive when the government was cracking down on them. Millenial LGBTs have not experienced any of the issues for which the gov't is apologizing for.

2. The actions to crack down on LGBT were done by the state... Canada. Canada is not a person... it is essentially a corporation with unlimited continuity. Yesterday, the PM was Harper. Today it is Trudeau. This means that Trudeau played ZERO part in the LGBT crackdown back in the 50s-60s. In fact, he wasn't even alive himself. So why would anyone care about Trudeau's apology for an action that he played no part in?
    • I give a shit about it. He's apologising on behalf of what other people have done. You don't understand what it feels like to have people say awful things about you for something you cannot control.

• meowcow

@RachelleDraws

"He's apologising on behalf of what other people have done."

That's exactly the point. He is apologizing for what OTHER PEOPLE have done.

If a person on the street randomly punches your great great grandmother in the face back in the 1960's, and then a random stranger apologizes to you in 2017, even though that person didn't throw the punch... even though you weren't even born yet... for some reason, you give a shit? Give me a fucking break.

What exactly do you give a shit about?

Please stop following the sheeple.

• I don't know if you know this, but homophobia still happens. I experience it regularly.
      And the scenario you've given is unrelated. Being punched isn't the same as being fired from your job or sent to gaol for something you can't control.
      For example, in Australia, we have something called 'National Sorry Day' which is a day to say sorry for the "Stolen Generation" in where mixed-race Aboriginal children were forcibly separated, from their families in the marring them off to white people interest of turning them into white Australians. In 2008, then Prime Minister Kevin Rudd gave a speech about this saying sorry. This stopped sometime in the 1970s. Trudeau is doing the same thing. He's officially apologising for something that happened in the past. It is something that is needed and appreciated.

• front2back
    Did Trudeau cry when he fucked up Alberta's working class and economy by closing down their power plants for his own agenda?
  • Dimmu
    I wanna comment about the rainbow symbol

How fucked up humanity is , when a beautiful phenomena of light refraction means sticking it into shit ,
    Can't you find another matching symbol
  • D_Bone_Steak
    Your media is saying people around the world as if everyone is agreeing. This happened at least a day or so ago and all I remember is people making fun of him for it. Along the lines of "what a virtue signalling cuck boy" if I remember correctly. But we already knew that, Trudeau is where he is by riding the 3rd wave intersectional feminist movement wave.

I suggest you go on youtube and search the event... watch people's videos on it. Pay close attention to the likes to dislikes ratio on the videos praising him compared to the ones making fun of him... pay attention to who's bothering to even make the majority of videos about it.

Most of the world are laughing at his virtue signaling ass if they even heard about it. I'm not even trying to be funny by saying that.
    • Let me also add that you'll have a hard time even finding anyone that is against the LGBTQRUSTUVWXYZ community... just how he's virtue signaling and acting like that... gay guys think he was pathetic.

• MaiNameIsSunshine
    It’s a lovely sentiment. No it doesn’t undo the past but it shows that there’s a bright future.
  • BoySittingOnTheMoon
    The Ottoman Empire, a Islamic empire decriminalised homosexuality acts in the 19th century. I'm not disagreeing you. I agree with you. Good MyTake.
  • CHARismatic110
    Not Canadian, but I thought he was apologizing to military personnel and such? If so then I think the apology is cool.
    • Members of the military who were dishonourably discharged or forced to retire because of their sexuality. It was also directed to civil servants and government employees who were fired for being gay.

• @musicbrain5 oh ok cool. Why are people against this?

• Because they think LGBT people are making some kind of ridiculous demands along with this, when all they really wanted was an acknowledgement of wrongdoing.

• TheUglyMonk
    I´m just waiting for the next election. Trudeau is going down.
  • Bananaman177
    You know what? Life is really tough and really hard and everybody just tries their best and for most people most of the time, their best is never good enough and then they die.

So if anything, EVERYBODY owes EVERYBODY an apology, and all these fucking little victim groups need to seriously stop trying to monopolize victimhood. Everybody has been hurt and nobody likes it, and it's not fair to anyone.

And if you feel like you've been hurt MORE than everybody else, that should make you more protective and caring and sympathetic, if you use your pain as an excuse to just spread more pain, then you don't deserve any sympathy from others, plain and simple.

I see way too many of these victim groups using their victimization as an excuse to be hurtful and hateful and hostile about everything all the time for no fucking reason.
  • RachelleDraws
    When I was little, I was relentlessly bullied for my sexuality. I would hide in my room and cry. I didn't want to be a lesbian. But that's just how I was. Hearing something like this warms my heart. I still feel insecure about my sexuality, that I won't be accepted. I normally bury this deep down, but it always pops up when I'm meeting a new person, I worry that they will turn on me when they find out my sexuality, as others have before. I know that not everyone was like this and that those people may not feel like they need to give an apology, but even hearing it from people I know would never say things like that, them apologising on behalf of other people makes me feel better and more accepted.
  • phantombandit
    I don't feel a need to apologize for things I didn't do.
  • Sara413
    If it was an empty apology then I would say it's pointless, and even harmful in that it just let's people be the good guy without actuslly having to do anything.

But that wasn't the case here. Along with the apology was acknowledgment of the complicity of the government in oppression, the introduction of a bill that removes the remnant legal tools of oppression, and a settlement for those whose lives were destroyed.

I don't much care for Trudeau, but he's on the right side of history with this and I give credit where it's due.
  • Chrysis
    What's done is done. I don't think it was really necessary, instead they need to focus on not repeating these mistakes in the present.
  • TheSpartan
    No, they should be the ones apologizing for their public indecency.
  • QuarterNote
    HAHAHA THE WAY HE SAYS "SORRY" HAHAHA I LOVE CANADIANS!!!
  • musicbrain5
    What's more necessary than an apology is acknowledgement of wrongdoing in the past. So to me, the apology itself is not necessary. The most important thing is recognizing that there was discrimination, oppression, abuse, etc against them (especially in the military). For all I know, this could be just another empty apology made by the government, like the one Harper did when he "apologized" for the treatment of First Nations children in residential schools.

I'm Canadian, and I know for a fact that we are really bad at acknowledging our history and the truth about things that have happened in our past. The history classes in schools just gloss over negative topics like they're no big deal, or omit them completely from the curriculum. I'm not a fan of Trudeau, but I'm glad he has brought this issue to the forefront. Now it's time to move forward and not make the same mistakes again.
    • scarlett

I agree, which is why I mentioned several actions that are being taken in regards to wrongdoings of the past (such as expunging the records of LGBT people who were convicted of engaging in same-sex relations before homosexuality was decriminalized and also the agreement that was made with military members and civil servants who lost their jobs because of their sexual orientation) to show that at least it's more than just talk and the government is actually trying to do something.

• That2kKid21
    Nope, I'll never apologize to them. I personally never intentionally said/did anything to someone of that community so it's not my problem.
    • I can understand why would think things like this. But put it in perspective of someone in the LGBT+ community. In my case, the strangers that talk to me based on my sexuality make homophobic comments and tell me horrible stuff. Hearing something like an apology is refreshing. It makes me feel so much better about myself.

• @RachelleDraws Ok, but personally I don't care. That's not my problem like I said.

• DrewMckenzie
    So there was discrimination in Canada for the lgbtq people and the pri minister apologised did he personally discriminate them or what Iam confused
  • HamAndCheese
    It's all a distraction from his absolutely awful fiscal policy. As for the apology itself... eh... don't really care since I'm not a Canadian.
  • PellakaWurm
    don't apologize for things you personally didn't do. statements like this are unnecessary.
  • THEReAlLOVEGuRu
    Every time I hear lgtbq I think of a sandwich then I lose my appetite cause I then proceed to think of buns :(
  • LegateLanius
    I don't think i should have to apologize for things that had nothing to do with me and in addition i think people should just get over it already.
  • pamela147
    I think the love they feel is no different then any other love, but is different from the normal. Everyone should respect who they are and what they feel, you don't have to love what they do or agree, I think the LGBT community needs to understand that this isn't only happening to them, they are not alone, you don't need to get marry to show someone you love, that is just a paper and a ring. There will always be people that will love your or hate you no matter what. Is not a country issue is a world wide issue. Love yourself and who is around you, no matter what.
  • lord_chilled
    I dont know if this guy is a naive little kid at heart (in which case he shouldn't be running f*cking country) or if he is just another snake in a suit.
    Politicians in tears, what a joke! Crocodile tears, thats all it is. He may look convincing, but i dont trust the guy. He seems to be maintaining face and the sheeple eat it up.

Not from Canada, but definitely disappointed that any developed country would have a guy like this as a leader.

Im sure the real atrocities that lgbt people faced were ling before this guy was born. What experience does he have to apologize for or feel emotional about to cry for.

I dont think any nation should apologize. Treat everyone with basic respect, give everyone equal opportunities in life. Thats the best action to take rather than these phony, fake apologies
  • zagor
    Now it's time for them to get rid of the stupid oppressive laws that they still have on the books.
  • Rissyanne
    No they aren't owed an apology.
  • SamKoop
    not actually.