Reason to Live: Helping Others

Anonymous
Reason to Live: Helping Others

No one is worthless. Everyone has the potential to make a positive impact, via work, volunteering, activism, or even simply being nice and friendly to people.

Studies show that being nice to people helps make you happier. https://www.today.com/kindness/secret-happiness-acts-kindness-says-new-study-t30021

"Two recent studies suggest that giving to others makes us happy, even happier than spending on ourselves. What’s more, our kindness might create a virtuous cycle that promotes lasting happiness and altruism."

https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/kindness_makes_you_happy_and_happiness_makes_you_kind

Studies show that volunteering can help lessen depression and even extend your life. https://www.everydayhealth.com/depression/how-volunteering-can-lessen-depression-and-extend-your-life.aspx

These benefits are on top of the fact that you're bringing joy and hope to others, and the happiness & sense of purpose that can come with that.

If you’re depressed then I understand that it can be difficult to even get out of bed to do any of those things, but your existence is still preferable to nonexistence, because one day you’ll probably be able to get out of bed, and then you’ll be able to make those positive changes. If you didn’t exist, there would be no such potential.

Keep living. You're here, and you have the ability to make a positive impact.

Reason to Live: Helping Others
6
5

Most Helpful Girl

• peachblossomluck
    It's one of our life's purposes. I think we need to take care of ourselves but we are incomplete as humans if we lack empathy for others♡
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Waffles731
    I needed this, thank you
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

45
  • Good take, It just reminded me of this...

assets.amuniversal.com/b444d7e0b8c501342e7b005056a9545d
  • Soulife
    Thank you so much. I needed to read this. I'm not a fan of many things but I'm a fan of altruism. I believe that loving unconditionally has been limited to only friends and family as a consequence of yeah... the values of the western culture I guess. Good take. :)
  • Paris13
    Beautifully Done, hun, which is My own Motive in Mind for being On Gag. xx
    • Isslot

you are a very beautiful person :)

• Paris13

@Isslot so are you, dear, thank you so much. xx

• levantine99
    i knew it would be a good take just from the title.
  • Wwwyzzerdd
    Except when you spend your whole life helping others only to have your needs ignored and not met. Yep, helping others won't make me happy since they don't give a fuck about helping me.
  • Soniant
    I agree, anytime i give to those in need i feel a sense of happiness. I can't explain it, it's just a really nice feeling. :)
  • Not a good enough reason. Others piss me off.
    • Anonymous

What about animals?

• Nahidpie
    😌😌😌😌
  • Anonymous
    Thank you!