8 Things to Look Forward To in November

Mustachekitteh

Native American Heritage Month

8 Things to Look Forward To in November

November was declared American Indian Heritage Month in August 3, 1990 by president George H. W. Bush. It was set aside to honor and recognize the important contributions of Native Americans. It's also meant as a time to educate the general public about tribes, to try and raise awareness about the unique challenges Native people have faced through out history and in the present. It's also to show how they've over came these challenges that they face.

A History of National Native American Heritage Month: The Nation's Efforts to Honor American Indians and Alaska Natives

Aviation History Month

8 Things to Look Forward To in November

November is also dedicated to the history of development of mechanical flight. As the earliest attempts with kites and gliders to super sonic and space-flights.

NATIONAL AVIATION HISTORY MONTH

Presidential Elections

8 Things to Look Forward To in November

This one I think we're all dreading and wish to get it over with. Which it finally ends today on November 8th.

The Great American Smokeout

8 Things to Look Forward To in November

Every 3rd Thursday of November, smokers are encouraged to try and quit smoking or plan in advance and quit smoking on that day. What the American Cancer Association hopes is that by quitting -- even for one day -- people who smoke would be taking an important step toward having a healthier life and reduce their risk of getting cancer.

History of the Great American Smokeout Event

Supermoon

8 Things to Look Forward To in November

On November 14th a record breaking supermoon will happen. It's not only the closest full moon we will see in the 21st century but we won't see anything like this again until 2034. The last time a supermoon like this happened was in January 1948. So if you don't want to miss this amazing chance keep a look out that night to see something really super.

The best places to watch Monday's record-breaking supermoon

Record Supermoon and 9 More Can't-Miss Sky Events in November

Thanksgiving

8 Things to Look Forward To in November

As we all know this is the month when we celebrate Thanksgiving with friends and family. This year it will be on Thursday, November 24.

Black Friday

8 Things to Look Forward To in November

It's time again for that crazy sales people would sell their grandmothers for and run over their friends to get the best deals.

Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Las Vegas

This event will happen November 10 - 13, 2016 - Las Vegas Nevada.

Those are all the events I can think of that are going to happen this November. Let me know if you know of anymore that will be going on this month and I hope y'all have a happy November. :)

8 Things to Look Forward To in November
10
2

Most Helpful Guy

• BruceTrails
    Im going to Glow this month. Its a light festival thats around this time of the year and has been there for more than 10 years. Around 40 light artists have created light installations, sculptures, projections and performances, its really awesome and people from all over the world are visitin
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• Adigelunar
    ı love fall
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

19
  • Nice_Guy_Last
    Don't forget Movember, the practice of not shaving (typically for men) for the entire month of November, so as to raise awareness for prostate cancer.
  • capturemyheartnow
    I will need to check the astrological significance of the super moon on November 14
  • Supermosh1990
    I say retailers should back off their n Thanksgiving
    • bobbyxx

What is the point of Thanksgiving anyway, it is like Christmas a month early.

• @bobbyxx it's gather with relatives and to give thanks for what you have. Its main purpose Is family bonding.

• TheInvisibleMan
    If you are not from USA you mostly dont give a fuck about any of these
  • Skadouchebag
    I live in the city where that native American pipeline fiasco is taking place.
  • TheLuckyPizzaDog
    #tww.
    Haha
  • SlightlyCrazy
    I wish I didn't have to take part in Thanksgiving
    • bobbyxx

Then don't, where is the law that says you have too. Thanksgiving is pointless, it is like Christmas a month early.

• @Waffles731 no it really doesn't

• Waffles731

its the first time in three years I'm seeing my grandparents, its going to fucking rock

• bobbyxx
    The only one im interested in is the supermoon.
  • Saoirse_Nua
    Really enjoyable take
  • MysteriousDarkness
    Black Friday is hell for retail workers.