Why the Confederate Flag's Removal From Government Buildings Was Justified

Waffles731

A while ago there was a bunch of people whining about how the Confederate flag is no longer allowed to be flown over government buildings in this country. These idiots were like, these damn SJW's are ruining this country with their political correctness.

WHICH HAS TO BE THE DUMBEST THING I'VE HEARD IN A LONG DAMN TIME.

Let's get one thing clear, THE CONFEDERATES LOST.

Outmanned, outgunned, and out-maneuvered. The south won't rise again; the last time the south rose, we burned Atlanta to the fucking ground and with modern military tactics and equipment. We wouldn't even need to move. Launch cruise missiles and then send in troops to clear out what pathetic resistance is left. The Confederacy LOST, accept it and move the fuck on.

So tell me why on earth we should let a the flag of a failed secessionist state fly over government property. That flag fought a war against the people who currently live here.

I live in Massachusetts, That's like me flying THE FUCKING UNION JACK OVER THE BOSTON STATE HOUSE. It is utterly and completely ridiculous.

Now to the argument that it was a part of your history, again I'm from Massachusetts and it's not like we don't have our share of failed rebellions. Yet we don't fly flags of the Whiskey Rebellion and put pictures of Daniel Shays of Shay's Rebellion on our cars.

In the end:

6
14

Most Helpful Guy

• Prof_Don
    The Confederate States of America was an enemy to the United States of America.

It is insanely idiotic, for those who fly that flag to talk about "American values".

You're flaunting the flag of the ENEMY of the USA, you idiot!
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• vishna
    "Heritage... my heritage..." blah blah blah : P I agree. Why does someone's heritage of oppression, losing, and racism get to fly over my free half black ass? No, thank you.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Waffles731

It also neglects the heritage of those who stayed loyal to the union in the south.
      Like both presidents of the former republic of Texas,
      Yeah, the guys who were president of texas when it was a country,
      They supported the union, hell Sam Houston ended up dying in poverty because he believed in the union so much

• vishna

Yet another reason, I was watching tv when they removed the flag from the state house :) it was delicious.

• Waffles731

one sec, I gotta mytake you should look at.
      You'll also be the first girl commentor, as it only has a single commentor on it.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

513
  • madhatters4
    i agree.
    i think there are two things to consider.
    1. why should a government building fly the flag of a long gone and rebel territory? should Texas fly the Mexican flag? as you stated should all original colonies fly the British Flag? a government building represents city, state, and country for which it governs.

2. i get that the true meaning of the Confederate Flag (which is actually called the Conferedate Army Battle Flag) represents the Confederate army but the Swastika also represents "Good Fortune" in sans skript but a little known tyrant came along and changed the association. for some the swastika may still represent good fortune but for a HUGE number of people it represents what people choose to associate it with after the Civil War. After the Civil war the Confederate battle flag was not seen much until white southern racists began using it as their battle flag in their war against minorities in the early 1900s.

Little known fact the Confederate Army actually had 3 different flags during the Civil War. There is also a true flag of the Confederate States
    en.wikipedia.org/.../...of_America_(1861-1863).svg
  • Other_Tommy_Wiseau
    I do have my own opinions, but can I be the 1 to point out the hypocrisy which is to say the people who tend to support or condone the state's rights/southern pride rhetoric tend to be nationalistic? Meaning that, while having country pride, they're openly supporting ununifying the nation... it's literally saying, go America, but fuck the government! Like, you can't really have it both ways... I'm going to ignore the other symbolism, though...
  • Roll_Tide_Roll
    You are looking pretty hypocritical now that the far-left titty babies are taking down the American Flag and outright banning American themed parties for being 'defisive' lol
    Did the good ole' USA lose as well and I didn't hear about it?
    Makes you think of that old chestnut, When they get done banning all the things you don't like, They start with all the things you do.
    • Waffles731

I would never take down the American Flag,

• Waffles731

As the son of two Vets, one of who is a liberal and the other a slightly conservative leaning independent and both of whom would soon eat a bullet than vote trump, I'd get whacked for doing that.

• WhiteSteve
    Saw this the other day, got a good laugh😂
    https://i67.tinypic.com/2i1hvsy.jpg
  • Tarvold
    I'm Hkie, and I have a few items with British flags around the house.

The way I see it, it's like the whole city of HK has Stockholm syndrome.
    • Waffles731

I know a lot of former residents of Hong Kong ended up moving to the U. S, Canada, and Australia, is that what happened with you?

• Tarvold

Not former. Never former.

Hkies is for life.

• Waffles731

Ah, okay cool.
      I had actual Chinese food for the first time this year actually,
      A good family friend married a chinese immigrant.
      Its good, well not the cuttlefish and starfish but a lot of its really good

• Nuala
    I think most of the "political correctness" is stupid... but in this case I do agree they should not be flying the flag. I think if they said that no one could fly it even on their property that would be an infringement on their right to expression and as such I would agree with it... but government buildings yeah.
    • Nuala

*wouldn't agree with it

• meatballs21
    Geez, calm down. You're talking about blowing up your own countrymen with missiles.
    • Waffles731

I added that part for all the 'the south will rise again morons'

• Fathoms77
    I would like to add that contrary to what everything in the north and other parts of the country believes, flying the Confederate Flag doesn't mean you support racism. The vast majority of Southerners don't advocate any such thing and if you ask them why they have a Confederate Flag, they'll tell you it's merely a celebration of the Southern culture. There IS a Southern culture outside racism, despite what certain smug all-knowing elitist leftists would have the world believe. White Southerners are allowed to have culture, you know.

Of course, the Flag in question can be equated to that which we'd rather forget as a country, so it can be deemed offensive. That is definitely true. We just can't forget that the majority of Southerners who fly this flag aren't advocating a return to slavery. Anybody who believes that has never been to the south.
    • Waffles731

That is true, but it doesn't change the fact that it's the flag of traitors

• Fathoms77

Symbols change over time, especially after a few hundred years. What it means to some isn't what it means to others, and it doesn't mean one group is wrong while the other is right.

• JenSCDC

I don't fly a Nazi flag to celebrate my German heritage.

• RicanEyes
    It's NOT the American flag point blank was born in the USA :-).
  • JRICHARDS1996
    I agree this is stupid, and I'm generally one to oppose political correctness and liberal SJWs. Southerners flying the Confederate flag are like college Marxists wearing Che Guevara shirts and the Hammer &a Sickle. It is just stupid, and sows more division in society. It is not like anyone is saying that Southerners cannot have the Confederate flag in in the private sector, or that it must be eliminated from museums and schools in some sort of historical revisionism. Rather it is about keeping it from being flown over a government building where it does not belong.
  • Dred1614returns
    You only need one reason: it's not the American flag.
  • Iron_Man
    It's part of the south past they shouls leave it up. They even have a football team named under it. Old Miss Runnin Rebels
    • Waffles731

It may be part of the south but the fact is that its not OUR flag.
      Just as we don't let texas fly the mexican flag or any of the thirteen colonies fly the union jack

• Iron_Man

The Mexican flag is not part of Texas or the usa. The rebel flag is

• Waffles731

We northerners don't put pictures of Daniel Shays on our cars or celebrate the instigators of the Whiskey Rebellion

• SlightlyCrazy
    I love that shays rebellion comparison. It's all true shit
  • nala_rawr
    Ur a genius. That's all I have to say. Lol.
  • Adigelunar
    good jobb
  • Phoenix98
    I don't agree with it but that's just me.
  • Blitzkrieger
    Be proud if your nation man. All of it.
    • Waffles731

The Confederate states of America is not my nation.
      The CSA was a group of Traitors who tried to secede and take the new western territory with it

• The southern states are part of your nation man.

• Waffles731

I don't support traitors

• Anonymous
    Problem is though, for those who fly it for their heritage. Is that there are a lot of people who have turned the flag into a symbol of racism unfortunately. There are people in Canada who have it plastered all over their trucks and in their home who have never been to the states, were not born in the states and have no US ancestry. It's not their history, but they use the flag as a symbol of being a bigot. And that is ruining it for those who simply fly it to show pride in their history and condemn any use of it to symbolize racism.
    • JenSCDC

"Heritage" is an obvious euphemism.