How Abortion Works (For Morons)

I find it important to do all I can to help the world so I want to talk about abortion because it appears to me that very few people understand how things like child support actually work. It has come to my attention that many men believe that women get to opt out of having children via abortion. This is very wrong and needs to be corrected immediately which I hope to successfully do here.

How Abortion Works (For Morons)

First abortions render both individuals involved as "not parents". This is not equivalent in any sense of the word to one parent abandoning their children. I know of "deadbeat" mothers as well as "deadbeat" fathers so to understand what that means is to understand that women can and do abandon their own children and when they do a single parent is created. Being a single parent is not a matter of biology at all. It has nothing to do with biological abilities whether it be giving birth or giving rise to fertilization. Please understand this.

So when a woman gets an abortion someone dies. There is a literal death of what would or could have been another human. If someone does not pay child support, male or female, mother or father, no one directly dies. With this said males and females are treated equally under the law regarding child support; it may not be the case that males and females are treated equally in regards to custody but custody is a different situation altogether. When it comes to cash and cash alone if a parent does not want to see their child in their entire lifetime they can very well get away with this with relative ease and the only thing that is excised is money.

So when you turn about and stare at the issue of abortion if you think that the choice to give birth is somehow equivalent to the choice to raise a child through to adulthood you are very mistaken. The entire reason an adoption system exists is because people, for one reason or another, choose to openly abandon their children and hope that someone else in society will take it upon themselves to raise them in an environment that either they cannot provide at the time or do not want to provide at the time. Understanding this the concept of the single parent is not something one should take lightly because there is no requirement at any point in life to ever be a single parent.

So, and this is mostly for men though I have seen my share of idiot women, please stop equating the two trying to rectify for something that really isn't even on the ballet. If one were to look at pregnancy as a stage at no point is a man required to pay for the pregnancy care even if he was the one who impregnated the woman, at no point is a man required to sign paternity even after the birth even if the woman in question has only had sex with one person in their entire lives and that was him, and worst of all at no point is it sexist that parents who abandon their duty are to be held accountable, at least financially.

How Abortion Works (For Morons)

The reason that it is worst of all is this weird belief that has permeated society where individuals are saying that they had no say in biology, as if this is surprising, and therefore have decided they should have a complete dominance of the social function of the situation. Here's the thing: Nothing has changed in thousands upon thousands of years. If you want to abandon your children and not pay child support you very well can. If you threaten/negotiate to never have it brought to court the court cannot do anything because they will never find out. You actually have to apply for this, it is a process, and it isn't seen through to completion and at times people don't qualify such as in special cases regarding scenarios of income or residency.

To conclude, please understand that being a deadbeat parent has nothing to do with the process of childbirth and it is not a matter of inequality that you cannot tell someone to have an abortion because they don't like the egg your sperm managed to fertilize.

618

Most Helpful Girl

• i had an abortion and talked it out together with my boyfriend, my literal first and only of already a few years when it happened, when we were just in high school. i hadn't fucked around, or anything of that nature, i was on birth control but it fucked up. i'd started having to pay $130 a month for a pack after losing my insurance. i used other preventative measures even on it. anyway, i asked him his thoughts and feelings on it and we both agreed without a doubt that it's what we wanted to do. for that whole where life begins argument, i looked at the science of it and i saw it as a cluster of cells and only an opportunity of life, there was no consciousness. i wasn't going to let it have an unhappy life, or abandon it once it was born. i don't regret anything, and the pro-life mob trying to call the women going in whores, evil, etc without knowing their reasons in the guise of false enlightenment didn't scare or deter either of us. i have guilt about it, but not for the reasons you'd think. i did it because like you said, being a parent is more than a biological factor and i couldn't provide that

• @Goochbreaker didn't even read shit after the first half sentence. keep up the good work, keyboard warrior ~(=^‥^)/

• fuck abortion... god it's so sad

• @FinalVow lol well i only did it because i figured i'd get someone like him and i know how those types work, it's like you said. i wouldn't let a grown man with the word gooch in his username who is a complete stranger have an impact on me negatively; i got a few good laughs out of it myself. it wasn't a pleasant experience, but i know others have been through it who know how it feels, and i don't think anyone who hasn't been through it can fully understand the emotions from it. i only wrote it for those girls and to have it be known it was thought out together with a partner i'm thankful for, since not many get that. i don't think there's anything wrong with being pro-life, but i was done humoring the guy at that point. i can be called ignorant, whore, cunt, whatever. if my resolve for what i did was so weak to be deterred by someone with that sad a life to go out of his way to comment shit like that then i'd have never done it. regardless of your stance, thanks

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 5

• Christians have as witches of nature sometimes good ideas. Abortion is not naturel and so it is not good.
    Who in our world is actually pro abortion. Has anybody an idea? Because I do not know who they are who are pro abortion.

• The computer you're using right now isn't natural either so...

• @lumos With abortion it is playing with life. I think that is not good. With playing with the computer it is not playing with life.

• Then don’t use ”natural” or ”unnatural” as an excuse if you’re just going to cherry pick which aspects of unnaturality you actually do enjoy.

• Personally I feel like abortion is terrible, and just to wait to have sex until you actually want a baby, that way you don’t have to worry about unwanted pregnancies

• "at no point is a man required to sign paternity even after the birth"
    Is this really how it works in the US? In Switzerland, if you don't sign it, the mother can sue you into acknowledging your child through paternity test.

• I’d never have an Abortion!! And I think I’m pregnant!!!

• I'm not a moron. I'm on the honor roll at my school, and I speak three different languages, but this take made absolutely no sense.

What Guys Said 18

• Not your body not your choice end of discussion. If you don't like it surprise too bad. you can enjoy fuming in silence because it will never change the fact that you will never have a say in what a woman does with her body. Good luck and Best regards.

• Birth control is important. Why don't more anti-abortion groups work towards better and more available birth control methods?

• Because stopping literal genocide is a higher priority than helping certain people fulfill their dreams of being a f***boy or slut or having sex in general.

• @Gray-Wisp why are you making the assumption that it’s on a whim? People who want to get an abortion usually have to ho through 1-3 consultations.

• @lumos Yes, you're risking possible murder on whims. Unless those "other personal choices" is literally someone putting a gun to their head to get the abortion, which I highly doubt.

• Men should be able to get financial abortions. A financial abortion (also known as a paper abortion or a statutory abort) would essentially enable men to cut all financial and emotional ties with a child in the early stages of pregnancy.

This means he would opt out of all rights, privileges and responsibilities of parenthood in a binding and not reversible decision, similar to sperm donors.

"Women now have control of their lives after an unplanned conception but men are routinely forced to give up control, forced to be financially responsible for choices only women are permitted to make, forced to relinquish reproductive choice."

• Just don't sign paternity.

• Would it matter if you could prove that there's no soul, or consciousness, attached to the embryo until say, 8 1/2 months? Or to think about where consciousness comes from in the first place? What if you could prove that? Well, something to think about anyway.

• That is not a good option dear, either dont have kid once have then let him her born. for killing someone else is not right.

• What if she wants to abort and he wants to keep it? Fuck him right?

• Maybe don't have sex with women who'd get an abortion if they accidentally got pregnant?

• @lumos you keep talking about the "discussion beforehand"... dude i'm STILL talking about unplanned pregnancy.

• Oh my god can you really not read? I literally just said that men shouldn’t have to pay for child support if they don’t want the child.
      Also a pregnancy can still be unplanned even if you know each other’s stance on abortion beforehand :-)

• Step 1. Get fishing rod
    Step 2. Apply bait to hook
    Step 3. Cast directly into the pussy
    Step 4. Be patient and wait for the baby to bite.
    Step 5. Reel in and claim your grand trophy.

• I learned how to perform abortions from South Park The Stick of Truth. I also learned by watching the Woodland Critter Christmas episode that abortion is a good thing. Like preventing the antichrist.

• loool woodland critter Christmas is my fave, abortions are totally immoral though

• are you familiar with the term 'false dichotomy?'

I believe you are trapped in a thought paradigm which involves a false dichotomy. Do you know what a spectrum is? Familiar with the idea of a 'dial'. There are more than 2 notes on a piano? I'm not sure how I can communicate this fundamental concept to you... believe me I'm tryin. I'm tryin hard. Also, never think you are smarter than Trey and Matt. They are on another fucking level of intelligence, they are GODS AMONG US. They will use the most absurd and seemingly contradictory means possible to make a point in a clever way, believe me, I've seen every episode.

• @Goochbreaker that doesn't really matter when the creator's of the show specifically state their beliefs.

• What the heck are you going on about. Are you talking about abortion, adoption, or child abandonment?

• Don't forget that the aborted foetus is sent to local synagogues for passover.

• Just FYI very few people self-identify as morons and those who are wouldn't be able to follow your argument.

• Abortion should never be the "go to" for contraception, but one thing that pisses me off is how anti abortion people label people who get abortions as "baby killers". These are the same people against giving those unwanted kids assistance for kids of parents who can't afford them.

Besides, I've known a few women who have gotten abortions and it is not an "easy way out". It's rather painful to go through and they don't feel so happy about it either. They have done it because it'd make their life so much harder and the kid would have a poor standard of living.

People should be smart and have safe sex, use protection, etc but accidents do happen.

• It's disgusting when people have irresponsible sexual intercourse and then abort a child. Abortion is a murder! When a pregnant woman is killed it becomes a two persons murder. Fuck abortion!

• It will all be illegal soon. mostly thanks to women who vote republican

• Republican... pro-choice is democratic stupid... tf... is wrong with you. ...

• @Djaay Like I said it's only a matter of time. It seems women now want it that way.

• @Djaay Nothing more serious than what's wrong with you.

• If you can put something in a freezer for 9 months and it doesn't die? It's not a baby. Abort it if you like and feel no qualms about it.

• My ex did this and expected me to stick by her after. I dumped her and never looked back.

• Lamest My Take ever. I'm not talking about the subject, I'm talking about the actual content of your My Take. What a piece of rubbish, I had to force myself to read on until I simply couldn't any longer... BORING!!!

• Abortion is disgusting and is pretty much murder. Yes women have the choice to opt out of motherhood and men do not. Men have to pay for a child they didn't want for 18 years, where as women have a one off payment and it's over with. Even though it takes two to have a kid. It is unfair to men. Men should have the same amount of time as women ( 6 months) to legally release custody of a child and therefore pretty much not have that child, the same as women. Or men should be allowed to make women get abortions.

• Ahhhhh... take it easy tiger , women who abort , send that babys soul straight to Heven with the creater , and ironically send themselfs quickly to the devil , who later are tormented for eternity. Now that's consequence.