Why Slut Shaming Needs to Stop!

Why Slut Shaming Needs to Stop!

It's unnecessary

The amount of people a girl/guy has slept with does not matter. So long as they were safe and have no STDs, there's nothing to worry about. A girl's vagina and a guys' penis does not get "tarnished" or "used". They are the exact same as the way they were when they were virgins. Once people hop in the shower, their genitals are as good as new. There are no consequences to having many partners, so don't worry about a guy/girl's partner count. It doesn't change anything.

It's natural

Sex is natural. There is nothing emotional or special about sex, unless you make it so. Humans are biologically wired to sleep around. Guys are biologically wired to spread their seed and feed their ego, by sleeping with lots of girls. Girls are also wired to sleep around, as they are wired to find the best mate. They sleep around to find the biggest 'alpha male' in order to settle with. I guess because once a girl is pregnant she needs support and protection and therefore girls need to sleep around in order to find the best guy suitable for this. It's all biological and it is all natural. Having sex with many people is healthy and natural for both girls and guys. Don't shame people for doing something that is perfectly healthy and natural.

Everyone isn't ready for a relationship

Everybody is different. People do not want relationships at parts of their lives such as after a breakup, college or when someone wants to focus on themselves. It's normal to not want relationships. At the same time people still have sexual needs. Both guys and girls like sex and it's unfair to shame them for satisfying their needs. If you don't want a relationship, why can't you still enjoy sex? Sex and relationships are different things and people need to realize that.

Girls are similar to guys

Girls typically get more shame than guys, mainly by other girls. This is wrong in my opinion. Girls like sex just as much as guys. They want sex just as much as guys and they also have as much sex as guys. Girls are just as sexual and horny as guys. Casual sex is also something girls love. So it's unfair to punish girls for doing something guys do just as much. This isn't a sexist issue in my opinion as girls are the ones mainly shaming each other. Just don't shame girls for sleeping around. Girls like and want casual sex and there's nothing wrong with that.

In short, sex is natural and beautiful. It's normal to have sex and there's nothing wrong with having sex with many people. It doens't affect who you are and it doesn't change you. Enjoy life!

Thanks for reading!

3270

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't agree when one sex says it's okay to do it but then shame the other sex for doing. However, I don't support promiscuity as a whole male or female and I think encouraging the hook up culture as something great isn't a good thing. Being slut, hoe, whore, harlot etc. what ever word you use for male or female, isn't something we should be proud of, it shows a lack of self respect for one's self. Promiscuity has actual ruined the family home and relationships between man and woman, when we have 20 year old men being depressed for being a virgin-that's a problem. When we have women who think sleeping with a guy will make them eventually love them then turn around and get it hurt when that's all he wanted from her- that's a problem.

• By saying stop slut shaming, it's basically saying it's okay to have such behavior. Our society should not think it's okay to be a slut or walk around proudly as one, if people don't see that as the down fall of our society then we are lost. There's a reason why we shame certain behaviors and it's to create healthy person and environment. I mean think about it, what's next? Stop steal shaming? Stop murder shaming? Stop adultry shaming? Basically do you see how people can turn that around to justify any type of behavior.

• @acooke-13 Would you like me to link the studies? I don't do that any more usually because people like yourself refuse to read them because they say things you don't want to hear but if you will actually read them then I can provide the links to the articles and studies.

• Everyone has been hurt at some point in their life, wtf is that even so suppose to mean

• This is gonna sound weird but I think that "slut shaming" is justified when someone goes out of there way and go into explicit details about their sex like when NOBODY asks. How can u say "Mind your business" when you ARE telling your business? 👀 No one cares that you have three sex partners who support u financially and how they enjoy your pussy and how you enjoy getting ur pussy ate 🙄. People wouldn't have an opinion if u didn't go into details! Now, I personally think that slut shaming is wrong if a girl is wearing a short dress and gets called a whore. I got called a whore for wearing a short dress even though i was a virgin! It made me very upset back then. Also if a person is jumping from one relationship to the next but they're just living their life and trying to find a love that will last forever, I don't think it's my place to slut shame them.

• While there can be a argument for slut-shaming, say, when a person wants to seriously date someone. It isn't really "wrong" then as your partner's life IS your business. But just calling random guys and girls sluts because they've had sex makes no sense.

• "I personally think that slut shaming is wrong if a girl is wearing a short dress and gets called a whore. I got called a whore for wearing a short dress even though i was a virgin!"
      Was it another woman?

• @Kauto_Star Wow how you figured? Yep it sure was another woman.

Most Helpful Guys

• What is slut shaming? I hear so many young people taking about how awful it is but no one every actually says what it is. I know of people who I think are sluts but I don't express my opinion unless someone asks. Is that slut shaming?

• It's when you go out of your way to put someone down and make them feel bad for having sex. I've heard of men feeling disgusted or bad for wanting to marry women who have had more sexual partners than them, therefore those women are not worth to be married in their eyes. As well as that double standard toward women, girls can't have sex but guys can. As soon as a woman who is not married, has sex she's a whore and no guy wants a girl that's "used" but sometimes this mentally isn't applied to men. However a man who is a Don Jon can be less favored by women too sometimes by the amount of stds he might of received or how much sex he had and how many women he used. Someone who has had many sexual partners can be viewed as having commitment issues which people typically put someone down for.

• You're... insane. Conversation over, you clearly are either trolling, or just mentally handicapped.

• @VaIiant alright but maybe I am just missing something. If girls like and want sex as much as guys, they can easily get it and view it the same way guys do, there is no way they only have 3 to 6. That does not make sense. Either girls don't like sex as much or they view it as a special thing but there's no way girls are as horny and think of sex the same way as guys do and only have 3-6.

• No it doesn't. The reason we have higher STDs, higher unwanted pregnancies, higher numbers of Fatherless children, is because slut shaming is discouraged more nowadays.

STDs can still be caught even with condoms, and babies can happen too. Condoms break. Certain STDs can't be protected against even with condom use.

Studies also show thay the more people somebody sleeps with, the more likely they are to get divorced. It either it changes them, or it says that they were already that way - but it does say something about them. To say that it doesn't matter at all is silly.

• I will agree that if you wanna seriously date a girl/guy - then you should care about their sexual history as it's your business. But just insulting people for doing what they are naturally wired to do doesn't make sense.

• I'd argue that we're not wired to have such a large number of partners, especially women. There are some women who enjoy that - plenty of others do it but regret it later. I'd actually say that's true for the majority. Even when it comes to things such as "friends with benefits" type relationships those women tend to develop feelings for the guy and then are disappointed when the guy doesn't feel the same way. Most women get offended if asked for casual sex too because it makes them feel like they're seen as "not good enough" for a relationship, just for guys who don't really care about them to use them for sex and nothing more. That's how casual sex makes most of them feel whether they admit it or not.

It also does make sense when you want to live in a healthy society. Now we live in a highly individualistic society where people put themselves before anybody else, and that's what has resulted in the above. I'd rather live in a society with more healthy families.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 30

• I'm gonna be honest.
    I don't slut shame people but at the same time I won't look at the girls who sleep around regularly as I'd look okat other girls.

Nope. Prostitution is a job. And i don't respect it. Sorry. Not sorry

• You can think what you want. Don't worry I won't judge. It's cool. I would agree that wanting to know a potential long-term relationship partner's number is your business and I guess slut-shaming makes sense in that scenario. But randomly insulting people for doing what they're biologically wired to do is wrong.

• Good for you! So many young girls are not as critical about this sex obsessed culture.

Sorry not sorry as well. I'll never respect a woman that sleeps around. Nor will I respect a guy that does so.

• Oh gosh. So many likes. I'm thinking of going to the not anonymous option again lol. This is the highest.

Anyway the point is, you can sleep around as much as you want, go ahead do whatever you want, it's not my business but you won't earn the respect. Not from me at least.

• The problem with sleeping around is STDs. You kind of brush that off as if it's just a small occurrence, when it's really not. You say that sleeping around is natural, but, in case you haven't noticed, we don't live in caveman times anymore. Also, you say that women sleep around to find the best mate, but there are other, safer ways to find the best mate. And the only way to find out if a man can give you a good child is to actually have the child, and by then it's too late if the man isn't a good mate. You also say that men sleep around to boost their ego and spread their seed. Back in caveman times, this was necessary, but it no longer is. There are other, safer ways for a man to boost his ego. "Spreading his seed" would also create a logistical nightmare in our society where families are recorded, and also where couples are the norm. It would be nearly impossible to raise a child alone, and with the child being able to focus on two parents. It doesn't take a village to raise a child anymore. People can refuse marriage or relationships based on the other's sexual partner count, and it's perfectly valid. It may not feel right because this person has been with so many people. Sex is not just an exchange of bodily fluids, there is an attachment between the two people, otherwise it's not pure. Being with someone who's done that so many times with various people may feel like there is little chance of a lasting relationship. And don't say that people aren't meant to be together, because that's caveman thinking.
    However, that being said, people shouldn't judge someone who sleeps around a lot on things other than love and sex. Like it shouldn't matter in a job interview (unless you fear they will sleep with the whole workplace). It is someone's personal choice, and they shouldn't be (heavily) judged for it. Also, the whole thing with "guys can sleep around as players but girls can't or they'll be sluts" is just dumb, a relic of caveman thinking. No more double standards, people.

• No but people's minds and spirits get tarnished and used. And just because something is natural doesn't mean you should have it willy-nilly.

• I think shaming people for bad behaviors is there for a reason. Stop trying to make sluts good people. They know what the do and it's not recommendable.

• But who says sex is a bad behavior? As long as they're safe, what's the problem?

• @Taylor47
      Are you serious?

• Welcome to Gag Town and Best of Luck.
    The next Time Around Gag Town, How about this One, hun: "Why Persecuting Christians and Taking The Lord's Name out of Everything, Needs to Stop. What a Shame."xx

• I agree. But this site is way too atheist and liberal for that.

• Nice take. I don't shame women or men for having many sex partners or frequent sex but, I do find that men are praised for being with a lot of women, while women are shamed for having many sex partners. The only difference is the genitalia so, why does it have to be this way? Is it because, women can become pregnant from the act of coitus itself?

• "I do find that men are praised for being with a lot of women"

A lot of women think and say this but I have yet to see this happen. Nobody I have known, who slept around with multiple women, was praised for doing so. They were shunned along with their women's counterparts.

• @InTimoreDei I can't say that I've ever seen this before. I have a lot of guy friends who kind of pat each other on the back when they brag about their sexual conquests with women. And some of them make fun of chicks who do the same thing that they do calling them "village door knobs" (as in everyone has had their turn with her) or skanks. My boyfriend's former bandmates were even worse with the name calling but, it was usually after they got what they wanted from the groupies. They really were a sack of assholes.

• I wouldn't say that guys get pats on the back either. I think most people like to feel like they're attractive to a lot of people of the opposite sex, and I think it's a little different for men and women. Everybody knows when a girl is attractive, as in when a girl is good looking everybody knows that there will be a lot of guys interested in bedding her at least. With guys it's not so obvious. There are good looking guys who don't do very well with women for other reasons - lack of confidence for example. Women are a lot more picky about who they'll date/have sex with than men are. So for a man to feel more attractive, his "proof" is the number of women who agree to have sex with him. Then he brags about it when it happens - the guys he's bragging to don't really give a shit, they don't pat him on the back.

• Or, we could just stop being pussies and learn that you can't change assholes who want to label you. It'll never go away, no matter how much we preach about it, so the only real solution is to stop valuing what shitheads have to say.

• I like sex, and I've been called a slut, probably even more behind my back.

I don't really care. Sex is something I enjoy and I pity people who are so prudish that they cannot enjoy it. How miserable for them.

However, I am also sick of people being so damned sensitive about what other people think. If people want to "shame" me, good luck.

• I don't know why it exists. Everyone knows girls just like getting fucked and stuff so I really don't see anything wrong with that. Not to mention every girls has been with like dozens of people so seen as every girl does it i don't see a reason to shame.

• I actually agree for the most part, well i agree that there shouldn't be much slut shaming. Of course its really only on woman, even if a guy does sleep around its not even close to as shameful as girls and we all know that. Because as you said, males are biologically designed to spread their seed to main girls to spread their DNA.
    The one thing I don't agree with is that woman are biologically designed to do the same, that makes no sense.
    We're not talking about humans in present day with various types of birth control, when were are talking about biologically designed, there was no such thing as birth control.
    Whoever a female slept with they most likely became pregnant from the one person they slept with and then they were pregnant for nine months. That would no benefit them at all to sleep around, woman are supposed to be more selective with who they sleep with. That is why in the animal kingdom, males are almost always trying to show off for the females to get picked to mate. Females look at their options and choose carefully, because they want the very best DNA for their offspring to live on.
    So if you're wondering why slut shaming is so prominent for woman, its because of how we are biologically programmed. I know if there was no birth control I would 100% be more selective with who I have sex with, if anything probably only have on partner because of STDs and becoming pregnant. Its just how it is, but it socially acceptable and normal to want to have several partners because there is birth control and condoms to protect ourselves.

• I disagree. Women are just as sexual as guys and want/have just as much, if not more, casual sex than guys. It's natural for girls to have sex with dozens of guys every year and no one should be shamed. STDs aren't a bad thing, they show off how many partners you've been with. So no I disagree, girls aren't little angles they are wild animals just like guys are.

• STDs are natural as is sleeping around. They're OK and they show how much of a stud you are. It's like smoking to act cool. Besides you can just lie and say you don't have them if it's a turn off. See. No problem.

• I mean if you want to look at it that way, as long as you know your consequences. People used to smoke to look cool because they didn't know the consequences and how terrible they were for you. Now we know how bad they are for your health and appearance and the amount of people who smoke went down dramatically. People who smoke cigarettes now know what they are doing to themselves, they aren't stupid, buts its an addiction.
      When it comes to sex, you can catch as many STDs as you want, if you do so please. but when it comes to having unprotected sex with others and spreading it to them, thats when you start harming others and putting them in danger.
      STDs spread like the flu, we have just learned how to contain them. Yes they are as natural as any other disease, nobody is denying it, but its not a badge of honor like you are saying it is. I'm not sure if you are a troll or not, but either way thought I should reply just in case you really think STDs are fun to have.

• Amazing Take. Not to mention the havoc it can wreck on a young girls self esteem.

• Exactly. Humans are animals (and that includes girls!) and animals just like to fuck. No one should be shamed for doing what they are naturally wired to do! I'm glad you agree.

• @Benedek38 I dont think having sex at that age is natural or okay, and its technically illegal since its statutory rape, as minors can't consent.
      What I was referring to was myself, as I was an early bloomer and had a D cup around that age, and because of my body at a young age I was constantly slut shamed by peers and even adults. Ironically, I've been a complete prude all my life.

• I get where you are coming from, but I think what you describe is not slut shaming, just regular bullying. I was bullied because I was ugly and a bit chubby. Some people are bullied because they are poor, or because they are rich. Some because they are nice, some because they are assholes. Some because they are ugly... and in your case, apparently because you were too pretty.
      Kids can be cruel. But trying to regulate them is like putting a leash on a cat - it might work, but you'll just end up doing more harm than good. I know this sounds evil, but they attend school for a reason -/to grow out of these stupid habbits in an environment where they can cause the least damage. Taking this outlet from them will lead to them finding other, less regulated outlets. Many of my "friends" were smoking and drinking by the age of 12 or 13, in schooltime, outside of the school, skipping classes. Why? Because they didn't like the teacher. Imagine if you told these kids to not pick on pretty girl...

• Well, yeah, but there are some girls who really are one, and admit they are. I mean I know this one girl who practiced playing fortnite and be 'good' so she can get closer to the guys. Also, she told me and some girls she's dating all of them at once...

• Well like every girl sleeps around so I guess you are all sluts. I don't know why you shame each other.

• @HOAAH yeah, but it's a choice and as long as they aren't in a relationship and not harming or putting anyone at risk (meaning , getting regular std checks, being honest if they have one, etc.) and keeping one sexual partner at a time I really don't think it should matter?

• @c0ral_reef I was talking to the Taylor47 guy, he assumes we are all sluts.

• Awesome take
    I am glad that somebody wrote it and yes you are right girls get more slut shamming than boys and they got mostly from their own kind i mean girls... and maybe because they just can't get guys for themselves and burst their lacking on others
    i dont mean to offend those who just like to be with 1 person (1 guy woman etc) coz i respect your choice and i am comfortable with that
    i just wish people get comfortable and tolerable to each other no matter what choice one makes as long as its not something illegal or damaging to someone

• Being with one person is unnatural and is against nature. Dating and monogamy should be shamed!

• @Taylor47 It won't be too many years now before you might decide to have kids of your own. So it sounds like you will likely have some kind of an open relationship, because after all, "it's natural to want to fuck other people". So report back and let us know how it works... Of course it's a rhetorical comment, because open relationships have a really low success rate.
      Now when your're single, different deal. I've had ONS, short term and long term relationships. I've enjoyed all those girls and liked every one. I use the term slutty interchangeably with promiscuous and I don't attach much judgement to it.

• @Wally48 well if one decides to settle down and decide to have kids, once again its their choice and right and they can find the "one" to settle down and have kids

• I'm tired of giving people sympathy for the power they give words. "omg I got called a slut/man-whore for having sex, my feelings are hurt". bull fucking shit.

• if men can be worshiped for screwing around so should women!

• Men are not worshipped for having sex, where the hell did you get that idea? No one gives a damn, no one goes around high fiving a guy because he managed to get his dick in a hole. I have no idea where this myth came from but its absurd. Also its a stupid mindset, its proven to be detrimental so why the hell would you do it? Because some one else does? Insanity.

• Give me one reason why openning your legs to random guy should be worshipped.

• true. slut shaming is made up by judgmental people who think they know it all and the meaning to everyones lives. when they dont.

• Exactly. Sleeping around with lots of people is literally normal for young women so I don't know why they shame each other.

• Who can eat only one type of foods and fruits and use only one pants, Car, Shoe, toothbrush, shop, phone, lipstick, condom, or listen to just one music or watch just star wars throughout her/his life?
    .
    I think nobody.
    .
    Me too don't like to see, touch and using only one Dick and one partner and one kind of sex throughout my life.

• Or people can keep their personal business to themselves and they won't get called names and by the way you can't change the thought of other people. Just because something is natural doesn't make it okay. Even people who don't sleep around get shamed by those that do because they think they aren't having fun by having sex with multiple people. Sex isn't everything and some people's don't evolve around sex and not every girl wants to sleep around with different guys and vice versa.

• That is why I whore shame instead.

• So you like being used? Very well then.

• I dislike sluts of a genders.

• More from Girls
    10

What Guys Said 68

• The difference between a male and female losing their virginities is men don't have a Hymen that tears when they lose their virginity. It's a lot easier for men to hide the fact of being a virgin than a woman since it isn't as noticeable unless you are judging on experience. But you could have lost your virginity and still be experienced, so that's hard to judge on. Also I suppose it is also because men's genitals are external where as women's are internal. So it takes more cleaning and maintenance compared to washing a penis off.

That being said there are some heavy stereotypes that praise men and shame women for having more notches under their belt when it comes to sexual partners and experiences. Like that saying "A key that can open any lock is a Master key, a lock that can be opened by any key is a shitty lock."

Plus our society has determined that monogomy is the only way even though polygomy has always been a natural thing. Once again, when we look at animals and other wildlife there are more polygamous animals and insects than there are monogamous.

Plus I'm sure a lot of people have the fear of being compared to other sexual partners in some cases and perhaps that would make that person seem more likely to leave or replace you if you didn't meet their needs.

But I agree that shaming people for having been with multiple people is pretty irrational and biased.

Blame religion and politics for the norms placed on society.

• Don't you dare insult Religion. Just because you hate God doesn't mean you have to go around spreading hate speach. Other than that I agree with you that dating is unnatural and no one should ever date. Sleeping around is the way forward. I can't wait for the death of marriage and relationships.

• You do realize that religion is a man-made system, don't you?
      And I never insulted religion, nor did I ever say that I hated "God". Perhaps if you studied more into the mythology of religions and their stories you could easily relate majority of the stories and their similarities. lol
      And by "God" I'm assuming you mean the Christian "God"? Yeah, you know that story about Adam and Eve? It has a really similar meaning and relation to the Greek story of Pandora's Box. And the Greeks and their polytheistic religion existed long before the establishment of Christianity. You ever think that maybe ever religion is basically an alteration of one big story? Yet Christians don't have Mythology, only the majority of other Religions. Because apparently It's the only Authentic Religion. And if you're Christian you might want to reconsider that statement you made since you'd be burning in hell for that. Then again you'd be burning in hell for tons of things if we go by the old testament lol.

• I have a better one for you.

"Why telling people what to say and do needs to stop".

Furthermore, "there are no consequences to having many partners" is factually untrue and has been well documented by science that is is harmful. www.everydayhealth.com/.../...eaten-longevity.aspx
    Is There a Price to Pay for Promiscuity? - Longevity Center...
    www.womenshealthmag.com/.../
    Is It Actually Dangerous to Sleep with More Than One Person in a...
    www.psychologytoday.com/.../the-lingering-psychological-effects-multiple-sex-partners
    The Lingering Psychological Effects of Multiple Sex Partners...

Again, "there is nothing emotional about sex"? Factually incorrect. Sex is about 80-90% emotional and 10% physical. Also just because it is natural doesn't mean it's automatically good. Hurricanes, poisonous plants and deformities are all natural. Rape is also a natural inclination that has beendocumented. Yet we know it's bad and has horrible consequences, so we shun that behavior.

No, women are not programmed to sleep around. The reason is because doing so up until about 50 years proved catastrophic and dangerous for women. Men are have a natural inclination to "spread their seed" but after awhile society realized that wasn't actually a good strategy for us as a species. Again, sleeping around is NOT healthy, that is a fact. Not an opinion.

If you aren't ready for a relationship, don't have sex. Sex is important in building pair bonding, it's what it is specifically made for besides procreation. Thats why so many people get confused in sexual relationships.

Neither men nor women should want casual sex. That's a disaster waiting to happen. You and everyone else with any ounce of intelligence knows that.

Sex is natural and beautiful. Do not disgrace it and make a mockery out of it. You are taking away the value of it. there are boundless things that are wrong with having sex with many people. And having lots of partners does change who you are, again this can be seen time and time again. Nothing I'm saying is controversial or hateful, it is fact.

Live your life how you want. If you want to be a man whore or a slut, good for you. Technical it's not good for you but neither is smoking. But we still have the right to parts in that. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Stop forcing this nonsense onto others

• yoooooo i don't know why but after reading this, i feel like my ego got highly boosted and if i ever cheat i can justify cheating now. i'll be like "bitch, what you getting mad for? read this post! Guys are biologically wired to spread their seed and feed their ego, by sleeping with lots of girls." you see this? now stfu before i backhand your face across the room for judging me as a man slut, i'll put you in your placeeee women! which is at the corner of the room!

• "The amount of people a girl/guy has slept with does not matter. "

If you're just banging the person, nope, doesn't really matter. if you want a relationship, or to have a family with that person, their sexual history matters as much as the rest of their history--a lot.

• Good take. Agree this judgement of women who carry on as men do is simply double standards.
    If women want to go out and enjoy themselves why should they be subject to judgement. Women are human beings, doing no different from men who are also human beings.

• There are also double standards which favor women and they too need to stop. Yes humans are animals and it is our biological nature to have sex with many people. No one should be shamed for doing something that is natural.

• The type of girls who become sluts have dads and mums who dont give a monkeys what they do and with who. Your upbringing decides if you will be a slut or not.. guys are also slutty but that doesn't mean its right.
    If a girl im dating tells me she has an STD... im dumping her simple as that.

• And you're allowed your opinion and preferences. That's perfectly cool but many girls who come from great, caring, loving, close and supportive families have sex with lots of guys for the simple reason that girls are animals and just want sex.

• ofcourse but if a family helps the guy/girl nurture their decisions, they won't go awol. Loving caring close families dont always have a close communication.

• Omg I don’t care ! Everywhere I go “stop slut shaming” “it’s 2018 girls can have sex as much as they want” yh I know I don’t care though do what you want. Maybe people wouldn’t slut shame if you didn’t let it get to you because obviously then they’re going to do it to annoy you.

• Yes it is just an insult after all. Hey you should be happy. Modern girls are great, they are all experienced and are very sexual. Isn't that a good thing?

• No that's not a good thing. It defeats the purpose of "building and exploring" in a relationship.

• Precisely.

• "Sex is natural. There is nothing emotional or special about sex, unless you make it so. Humans are biologically wired to sleep around."
    You DO know that sounds like you are trying to convince yourself, right?
    It would be nice seeing some scientific facts about that anyway, because for thousands of years, humans have connected sexuality and emotional attachment.

"Guys are biologically wired to spread their seed and feed their ego"
    If you need to sleep around to raise your ego, I really pitty you.

"Girls are also wired to sleep around, as they are wired to find the best mate."
    Yeah, and guess what - statistically, MOST women will find the same men to be the best. Leading to a lot of dissatisfied women, and a lot of dissatisfied men.

The same problem as with absolute capitalism comes up with an absolutely capitalistic sexual market - at some point, the women (the demand) will only be interested in the best men (the highest value supply), and the lower value males (empirically, about 80%) will either feel bad about themselves, and suffer in silence - or will flip the table, and reset the system in a way that benefits them. Wouldn't be the first time in human history.
    So for thus reason: "Don't shame people for doing something that is perfectly healthy and natural." Shaming is a warning. "We don't approve of this". The next big step. is to stop being disapproving, and just take whatever you want.
    Same as with the socialist/communist revolutions - if the majority of the population is unhappy, no matter how natural your system is, it will fall - because guess what - violence is ALSo part of human nature.

Your entire "nature" argument is a big ass naturalistic fallacy.

"It's normal to not want relationships. At the same time people still have sexual needs."
    Hands. Fingers. Vibrators. Hookers, etc.
    Having sex outside of a relationship is not necessary.

"Girls typically get more shame than guys, mainly by other girls."
    Probably because women are the gatekeepers of sex. She decides if it happens. So when she lowers her price, that undercuts the high expectations of other women, and she gets the hot, high sexual market value guys BECAUSE she is willing to lower her expectations. This is the equivalent of stores hating cheap Chinese shops that sell smuggled product at a lower price.

• The problem is that these girls (sluts) usually end uoof tricking themselves, because men don't want promiscuous women as their partners. So they (the sluts) grow resentful not finding partners - BAM! 3rd wave feminism, Slut Walks, body acceptance movements, etc.

• 1. Its not necessary:
    Yes it is. Their is substantial evidence that it is detrimental to the individual and society as a whole which is why every single society in the world without exception has had taboos on casual sex. Based upon multiple surveys and studies they have found that it increases anxiety, depression, their is a link between it and substance abuse (more then likely promiscuity is a coping mechanism for trauma which is probably why its been shown to correlate to a womans relationship with her father (the poorer the relationship (or absence of a relationship) the more likely she is to sleep around. Sexual abuse in early childhood also increases this risk), increased rates of cheating and divorce, increased rates of STD's and unwanted pregnancy, increased rates of sexual dissatisfaction, a decrease in over all happiness with long term relationships etc. etc. So yes it is needed, unsurprisingly to any one with common sense actions have consequences and the things that have universally been avoided and cautioned against where cautioned against for a reason.
    2. Its natural:
    Yes it is. which is why if your argument is that its natural, you should be promiscuous without any kind of birth control or protection from STD's. Any takers? Of course not. You say its natural but then use unnatural means to avoid the natural conclusion of the act. Further more the claim that its natural is irrelevant as having syphilis migrate to your brain causing encephalitis which itself leads to blindness, dementia, insanity then death is also natural and using an artificially created antibiotic to cure it is decidedly unnatural. I would imagine that you would still be acquiring that unnatural product to avoid your very natural end if you where placed in that situation. Ergo "natural" is a moronicly stupid argument one uses in place of a common sense argument.
    3. Not every one is ready for a relationship:
    Yes this is true. Its also true that you can keep it in your pants because your not an animal that has no self control. I have done it, others have done it, its not difficult, you just have to not be so enslaved by your genitals that you can't actually consider the life long consequences, for instance if your not ready for a relationship then you certainly are not ready for a baby yet your more then willing to risk that for a brief moment of physical pleasure which shows that your not ready for life in general.

• 4. Girls are similar to guys:
      Yes, girls do like sex, otherwise they probably wouldn't do it. What does that have to do with anything? Its still stupid to take risks for absolutely nothing that will have long lasting consequences that will potentially destroy not just your life but the life of another (namely any resulting offspring or a partner you end up giving a disease to). Yes women get shamed for sleeping around, namely because sex is far more detrimental to them then it is for men as if they get pregnant it will significantly alter the course of their life, but for a man (biologically speaking) it will have no real impact on his life. Just because you want to do it, just because you can do it doesn't mean its a good idea. I mean, some times I want to punch stupid people in the mouth. I could do it, its natural (in fact that's why we have pronounced eye ridges and an abnormally thick jaw, to withstand blunt trauma to the face) but it doesn't mean its a good idea.

• Could always try not being a slut. Sex is natural. Slutting it up isn't. Stop making excuses for people who have little to no self control. Learning to develop self control is part of being an adult, and we do ridicule people for not growing up.

• Having sex with many people IS natural. It's what humans wee biologically wired to do.

• Sure, at the most basic, animalistic level, but what makes us unique is our ability to overcome our biological urges. And we do ridicule people for acting like animals.

• We are animals though.

• I don't know where I stand on this. I've never slut shamed a girl. I guess this only happens online.

You'd have to be a sociopath to call a girl a slut or whore in public. Or extremely drunk.

• Women usually are the ones who slut shame each other. Guys usually label sluts and use them only for sex.

• There is a significant proportion of people here who enjoy slut shaming. It seriously boggles the mind that we as a society haven't moved on from this.

• Some slut-shaming has some validation. Like for example if a girl has sex with ALL of your friends just to hurt you. Then it is somewhat alright. But slut-shaming girls (and guys) for sleeping around, which they are biologically wired to do, is wrong. I'm glad you agree but I hate your "move on" attitude. The world is getting worse by the looks of it so I don't understand why you said that.

• I have this personal judgement that people who judge girls/guys who sleep around are the people who wanted to sleep with the said girl/guy but was either denied or has no guts to tell her.

I mean even if they get STDs, they shouldn't be judged. It's a mistake, that's all.
    Now if they intentionally spread STDs... That's a whole different discussion.

• I don't agree with the STD part. If a girl has STDs she should be called up on that and guys should be careful. STDs can be serious and a guy's health IS more important that a girls pride or whatever, so I'll have to disagree.

• I know STDs are serious but if she had STD "by accident" - not 100% her fault. It takes 2 to tango.
      And BOTH guys and girls should be careful about STDs.

• Oh, you're 19, I suppose that makes more sense. Just wait a couple of years and the leftist indoctrination will wear off.

"I guess because once a girl is pregnant she needs support and protection"-this really bothers me. So where does her protection and support come from if guys are "biologically wired" to just sleep around? They'd be onto the next puss if that was true, but instead we release oxytocin during orgasm, the bonding hormone, which makes us monogamous. Whores wear out and damage the receptors for this hormone with frequent partner switching, thus effectively resulting in the incapability to bond.

This is evident when you look up the divorce rate vs n-count correlation.

_____________________________________________________________________

None of your arguments are particularly strong. Saying something is right because it's natural and wrong because it is unnecessary... that's terrible reasoning.

Shitting in a toilet is unnatural and unnecessary, so I guess I should poop on the sidewalk from now on.

Since your arguments are garbage, maybe you can answer me an easy question. Why would I want to marry a whore? What are the advantages?

• I agree with the last short sentence, didn't had time to read the entire thing, however society today is more slut shamming those woman's that have sex with multiple partners when she is in a relationship (cheating).
    If you are single and you just have sex with random people, nobody shames you for that, unless their uneducated, or you display a shameless behavior about it.
    And as i said recently to another post, is more of a evolutionary thought, then modern society thinking.

• And as you can see, man are ok with it, based on your responses you received, is majority of other woman's, who don't like it.

• " There are no consequences to having many partners, so don't worry about a guy/girl's partner count. It doesn't change anything."

Yes there are. Mental issues. And the vagina becomes too loose.

• I don't understand the "mental issues" and the vagina becoming loose thing is a false myth.

• Right, well. Be with a prostitute, then be with a virgin if you think it's a myth.

• Well most girls have had their fair share of dick so I don't think it really matters.

• I agree , however " Girls like and want casual sex " is not really female nature in general , only a small minority do , also the female sex drive is much lower than the male on average , testosterone is why. Men get bashed by women and " society " just for having typical male libidos. Either way all " shaming " is total BS and should stop !!

• If they stay away from me I don't care what they do but trying to suggest that sleeping with every guy possible is somehow healthy is 100% wrong and a lot of girls don't like casual sex. You are talking about a very small percentage of women.

• It's the opposite. Most girls like casual sex and crave a lot of it. Why else do you think we live in a 'hookup culture'? The average girls will probably fuck at least forty guys by the time she's in her late twenties. So seen as most girls have been around the blcok, guys should just stop caring and accept it.

• are you serious? where do you hear this statistics? It's more like 7 people... I had zero people until I was 24... disgusting.

• I wouldn't recommend that anyone have casual sex, one night stands, etc.

It is unfair that society labels/judges women for only doing a quarter of what guys do. If we judge others and call others nasty names, that's just a reflection on us. (And have you noticed; often, when a person calls someone else nasty names/passes judgement, it's often how they feel about themselves? )

• Uh, no, girls are NOT similar to guys, and sleeping around and being a slut, riding the cock-carousel is NOT make one desirable. A woman's virtue definitely has value.
    Besides, whores get more respect in western culture than sluts do. If they want to sleep around why not charge for it?

• More from Guys
    48