We Do Not Live in a Rape Culture in the U.S.!

I cannot believe what the leftist are serving today.

The news is buzzing with this Christine Blasey Ford case.

It's getting a spark from the media.

Two words for this.

Oh boy!

Okay, let's dig in to my favorite meal called

Left wings...

1. "We need to end rape culture!"

What rape culture?

Last I checked rapists are arrested and sent to prison.

Rape is not praised here in America.

It is not supported nor is it rewarded.

By anyone with emotion intelligence anyway.

Rape culture does not exist here.

Rape is not normal and it shouldn't be.

2. "Always believe the victim first"

I believe the victim when there is evidence or any reliable type of proof that it happened.

If not than it will be very difficult for me to help you.

Sometimes the sex is completely consensual.

But the next day the woman or man will get embarrassed, or maybe they cheated on their lover, and now they claim it was rape to save face.

These things happen.

It's awful how a false allegation can ruin someone's life.

We do not live in a rape culture.

Rape can happen.

I was actually sexually abused as a child.

I know how it is.

The thing is everyone does have have a word and a right to say no,

Just don't lie.

When you lie it makes it harder for other actual victims to get help.

Because with some of these false allegations it makes it harder to believe them.

No, one believed me.

I never asked for help.

I got justice for myself, and I feel damn good about it.

I want other actual victims to do the same.

Thank you for reading!

Please share your thoughts below!

Tell everybody and their mama about this take! ^_^

1737
Sososinaxoxo is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• While I doubt there has a rape 'culture' there are definitely places in the US where it is rather high. Alaska being the worst and then basically every southeast state, I should know, I live in one. I've known so many women who have been raped, they never told anyone and I still don't understand why. But it happens.

It's theorised that 70-85% of rape is unreported. Worse, about only 3-18% get convicted, any number of reasons why but that's not the point.

So is there rape epidemic or a rape culture? No, of course not. But we still need to take rape more serious. They includes women who don't come forward as soon as possible.

• I agree but my point is that it's not rewarded.
      It's awful that it happens but the rapists are still punished unlike other places.

• You need to worry about what's on TV land old man leave me alone

Most Helpful Girls

• Nice mytake

• Omg finally somebody with fommon sense. Good for you! To be fair some of those same SJW who cry "rape culture" are the same ones who would lie about rape because they didn't need like a guy or they would freak out because the sky is blue and is too "masculine" for them. There is literally no "rape culture" in the USA and has never been one before. These people don't know what rape culture is. They should look into the Congo if they want to know about actual rape culture.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 35

• I agree and disagree with you - I believe a lot of issues have become swamped in this left/right divide with both sides claiming the other side has gone over the top - The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
    A look at some of your points
    (1) I think the true meaning of the term "Rape Culture" before it was misconstrued for their own ends by both sides is around the issue of consent - "She/He dressed like a stripper, of course She/He wanted it", "She/He has dated 35 Guys/Girls of course She/He is a goer", "She was drunk/stoned, she didn't say yes but she didn't say no either" - It is a subtle redefinition of context but important. Also a somewhat reluctant partner "C'mon, C'mon, C'mon everybody has sex, don't be a prude, nobody is a virgin after 17". "Tired, headache for F***'s sake I'll be quick"
    That said everything you also said is true.
    (2) Always believe the victim - I am in much more agreement with you here - An allegation has to be taken seriously but somehow investigated fully by the system with measures in place to believe the victim and innocent until proven guilty. There are measures in some jurisdictions of granting anonymity to victim maybe the same for accused and closed investigation/court (basically no reporting) until verdict is given.
    (3) Your last point is so true that false allegations hurt genuine victims. This is the dilemma do you start from a base that every allegation is possibly true or possibly false, I think every reasonable minded person would say you have to start from "Possibly True" maybe as I mentioned earlier how it is processed is more important the more under cover the better for the innocent among the accused.
    As with a lot of my topical answers in shall we say "Grey Areas", I give cold logical ideal answers and either side can rip my answer apart by giving nightmare scenario examples but in the main we have to protect the majority that is why I say start from the base of "Possibly True" for all allegations.

• We don't live in a culture that glorifies rape, but there exist sections of our country which overly sexualize women and downplay the significance of consent.

We live in a culture where certain types of blurry consent are considered ordinary, where getting a girl drunk is a "tactic" and not a crime, and where women are assumed by friends, family, and random strangers to be lying about it unless there is undue evidence.

I personally know about over half a dozen rapes that happened while I was attending a particular university, which I only went to for one year. I know far too much about those cases to discount them as anything other than rape.

No one was prosecuted for those crimes.

My sister, my girlfriend, and my best friends mom have all been sexually assaulted. I know none of them talked about it or even thought of pressing charges for years afterwards. I know they all faced people who didn't believe them when they shared their stories. I know they all faced people who thought they could tell them what to do or how they're supposed to feel about it.

I know three men who have all told me stories about their "sexual exploits" that include examples of blurry consent and occasionally border on sexual assault. I know that it's not uncommon to talk about "grabbing them by the pussy" and that that really is how a lot of men talk in "locker room" style environments when they're trying to sound macho.

I know that sort of atmosphere and collective attitude has an effect on how we treat women in private, that it makes a man less likely to take a girl's reluctance at face value, that it makes a man more likely to push boundaries and try to argue instead of being respectful.

I know that many or even most people who are being harassed or assaulted don't really register what's happening at the time. I know that violent responses don't always occur to those people, or work even if they do occur to them.

I know that this isn't just a few monsters ignoring social values. It's fathers and brothers, best friends and acquaintances, it's that nice guy who walked you home, then walked a little further and stole a kiss or a grope or both, because he thought you owed him.

It's the way we tell people to just stick their chin up and carry on.

That's rape culture.

• You clearly don't even understand what rape culture is. Saying things like "rapists get arrested" just proves how ignorant you are about the issue. It's not about rape being legal or not, it's about people being okay with certain types of rape or denying that women are telling the truth.
    We do live in a society where people say a woman is lying because she didn't come forward immediately after being raped. That is rape culture.

• Who is okay with rape here?
      Rapists do get arrested and are prosecuted in court.
      If the victim will report it.
      No, that isn't rape culture.
      I think you don't know what rape culture means.
      You just mean we should take rape more seriously.
      But a woman coming forward years later is suspicious.

• @jacquesvol Dude seriously gtfo XD You're just flat out obsessed with me now go away.

• @jacquesvol the male gender has been the unquestioned lord and masters of humanity since we first evolved. If we wanted to we could go right back to being assholes and making women our servants. But we don't, because it's wrong. The reason men are behind the #metoo movement is because we are using our brains and empathy to understand that society has been very unfair to women and things need to change. It's not just men that are to blame, it's other women too. Like the asker of this question.

• Kavanaugh is the victim in this media circus. Ford should go to prison for defamation.

I will note that Ford has not accused anyone of raping her. She claims she was being wrestled with and thought she might be raped. She does not claim she was beaten. She doesn't claim anyone put a knife or gun to her. The substance of the accusation is trivial.

But that doesn't matter. The man-hating feminists on the left are out to destroy social cohesion and civilization along with it.

Liberals believe that women (and also blacks) are too stupid to take responsibility for their own actions and therefore should be treated as little children and held accountable.

Their whole pro-abortion drum beating isn't about "choice", as women made their choice. It is about getting out of the responsibility and avoiding accountability for their choice. Oh, but no such privilege is available for men and they will scream bloody murder if someone suggests men should have the same privilege.

There are women who are raped in the worst sense of the word. Their attackers should be sent to prison and caned. But something close to 90% of rape "victims" were accomplices in their own crime by voluntarily consuming alcohol or drugs. You don't leave the keys in your car running in Chula Vista overnight and expect it to be there in the morning.

We need to step back and hold women accountable for their own actions. If a woman voluntarily went with a man to a private bedroom and they are drunk, it isn't rape. It is mutual stupidity.

If a woman falsely accuses a man of rape, send her to jail.

Stop treating women like kindergarteners.

• We need to start accusing all these liberals of rape.

• Yes and they treated his victims like shit

• You simply don't know your history. In December 1998, Clinton's Democratic political party was in the minority in both chambers of Congress. A few Democratic members of Congress, and most in the opposition Republican Party, claimed that Clinton's giving false testimony and allegedly influencing Lewinsky's testimony were crimes of obstruction of justice and perjury and thus impeachable offenses.

• I think we live in a victim culture

• For those who are interested: Rougly 10% of prosecuted rape cases lead to conviction of the defendant.
    Between 2 and 10% of prosecuted rape cases are proven to be false allegations.
    That means that in 80-88% of all prosecuted rape cases are unknowns - we don't actually know what happened, or we lack substantial evidence.

So when people say "the majority of rapists get away" - think about this. They are talking about te dubious 80-88%, where either side could be lying.

• It's certainly true that false accusations of rape and sexual assault have serious consequences and also hurt efforts to get true victims of rape to report the crime (many, if not most do not).

• 0|1
  • When literally 1 in 6 women is sexually assaulted, and a woman who dares go public with sexual assault allegations by a powerful person, and she is denigrated as being a political pawn, instead of an articulate, educated woman, who is telling her story of pain from sexual assault, then we certainly do live in a rape culture.

• We instead live in a Victim Culture, where many are offended by the most ridiculous things. Worse, these "victims" make sure that they keep whining till everyone knows how offended they are.

• Thank you for your take on this.
    First, congratulations on being a survivor and hanging tough for your beliefs. You didn't just turn into a walking, whining pity party: you held your ground and you should be commended for that.
    Second, our country needs to remember that people are innocent until proven guilty: ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat (“the burden of proof is on the one who declares, not on one who denies”).
    Third, GaGers may want to read up on Katie Koestner who made the cover of Time magazine , June 3, 1991.

• Whatever your opinion on "rape culture" might be, it's quite ludicrous and ignorant (actually) to label it "leftist" !! Are you kidding me? Seriously? RAPE is not left, or right, or conservative or liberal, or ANYTHING political. Labeling it as such is ridiculous and takes the focus away from the real issues at hand. Even in a "My Take", opinions should be based as much as possible on evidence based data, which is not always easy to come by, but there is some to be found on the DOJ site and in individual states sites. But for God's sake, rape culture is not an IDEA being foisted on you, or ANYONE, by leftists, liberals, or non-conservatives, so get off your holier than thou Conservative right wing horse and deal with issue, not the blame / name game.

• What? And even statistics don't back this up.
      XD I don't know what that last part was.

• EXACTLY! NEITHER POLICTICAL PARTY HAS A CORNER ON SEXUAL OFFENSES. Rape and other sexual offenses are not caused by a person political ideology its a psychological disorder.

• We actually used to execute rapists... up until leftists said it was inhumane and cruel. (probably just because most rapists are leftist.)

But yeah, this whole Kavanaugh accusation thing is just using people's sympathies towards women as a weapon, and is a total disrespectful slap in the face towards actual sex crime survivors.

I'm sorry that you endured it yourself, but I'm proud and glad to hear you sought and achieved retribution. Other women should aspire to be like you.

• That Kavanaugh "case" makes me laugh. He seems like a great guy and now, when he is stepping to a good position, some random leftist women come and lie about him harrassing them in Highschool. It's like sad and hilarious at the same time.

• Last time I checked VERY FEW of the rapists are arrested and sent to prison.

• The US, a country where accusing a man of rape can cause more damage than actually being raped. Who needs presumption of innocence or due process? You accuse him, we lynch him. The only rape culture we have here is the rape of the justice system.

• I don't know if it should be called a 'rape culture' but some people do try to normalize it. Look at the amount of rape porn that is out there. It is almost glorified by some people. People speak of rape fantasies as if it is normal. This is obviously done by people who have never been truly raped.

• It is absurd to compare fantasies to reality. A lot of people play video games where they go around lopping peoples heads off. Does that mean they really want to exterminate a village? Do the people who watch Japanese loli porn really want to fuck kids? Only mentally ill individuals are unable to distinguish between what may be viscerally stimulating and the actual reality of an act.

• @zagor What you said.

• I dont agree with you at all. sometimes, mostly in small communities, the victim is too embarassed to come forward and say he/she, again mostly she, was raped.

how can you possibly provide hard evidence of rape? unless the victim is examined soon after, for you know a sign of bleeding or some sperm of the offender, which can be even more embarassing. So evidence, or at least hard evidence, isn't always there.

• That's true but I'm still not believing anyone until the proof says otherwise.
      You work all that out in court.
      I'm talking specifically to women who claim false allegations on men or even women.
      I will not defend liars.
      My thing is I don't choose sides.

• I am reminded of people who claim we live in a "fascist" or "communist" country. These claims are made by people who have experienced neither.

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 15

• Almost all victims can't report a rape case because of people worrying about the guy first and people getting defensive like 'evidence first' like what evidence? Most of the time rapists know what they are doing and leave no evidence behind. And no victim would want to have semen on them for a second, they would jump straight into showering. For a small number of liars you will disbelieve a large number of victims who are in need of support? Very nice. Sorry but rape culture still exists if you have that attitude towards victims.

I'm not saying that I support liars or you should too. In fact a do believe that if a liar is caught, he or she could have the same punishment as the person accused was supposed to serve (sounds like too much but I don't care about these parasites of society who don't take a rape case seriously).

Think of a drunk man raping a girl, people would defend the guy saying 'oh he was drunk he wasn't conscious' but if a drunk girl gets raped people would slut shame the victim for being drunk cause she was obviously calling for danger by doing that thing right? It's great that rapists are getting their due punishment, however we can't say that we got rid of rape culture until people acts get rid of their sick mentality.

• I 100% disagree with all that you just said.
      No, I will not believe the victim first.
      I don't believe anyone until the evidence shows otherwise.
      No, one is worried about the guy everyone is worried about the victim.
      That's the problem.
      There are two sides to every story.
      I have a good attitude towards REAL victims not fakes who want attention.
      We do not live in a rape culture! That's a fact.
      I've never heard of a rape case where a male actually wasn't doubted.
      It's always the male who receives the bad attention by default.
      Please don't serve me bologna today.
      I'm already full from my wings! ^_^

• @Celtero this isn't always the case. It doesn't necessarily have to be such a high-profile person, just someone influential to the victim's family or the community or something and that's just enough. Sometimes they could rather be criminals with bigger affiliations. The main thing is, reporting rape and getting justice is not even half as easy in real life as the myTake written is suggesting.

• Yeah, I don't really want to talk to you anymore. Go on believing there's a rape culture in which women can't get justice if it makes you happy.

• No offense and all, but who are you to decide whether ‘rape culture’ is real or not?

Rape exists no matter where you are. Just because it’s illegal and abnormal doesn’t mean people are going to listen and not commit the crime. It’s kind of ignorant to assume that rapists get arrested. Yes they do, but not always. There are even cases where a rapist would be sent to court and get released after that, and believe it or not there are sick-minded people who support the rape culture.

And those people who lie about getting raped are completely wrong. They shouldn’t even part of the movement to begin with, and how can you be so sure if someone is lying or not? the people who are opposed to rape culture are mainly focusing on how and why rape victims should speak up and how to cope with their traumas. And some people don’t listen to rape victims right? Well that’s one of the purposes and they’re trying to change that to make people listen to their problems rather than just assuming that they’re lying.

• alL mEn R rAPiStS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• they need to know their rights and take responsibility first to avoid that

• Raping somebody is the worst crime on the planet

• Nice take

• Nice take

• Interesting

• Very true.

• Good take

• I hate politics and I never vote come for me!!

• The WORLD has a rape culture.

It’s not about men vs women. It’s about who has power exploiting who doesn’t and then using said power to cover it up.

The Catholic Church is a great example.

• If it were a culture it would be prevalent. The only way the Catholic church gets away with rape is by pretending it never happened. It's still abhorrent to society at large.

• It is prevalent. Everywhere there is power + enforceable secrecy, there is rape.

• Yet, USA is one of the countries with most rape crimes in the world, weird huh?

• You're wrong

• You are in denial I have been raped and I know many who have also been raped/sexually assaulted we don't say it to look cool trust me on that one