A safe and convenient world: with order, freedom, equity and justice

We all have our ideal vision of society. We all think about ways we can inprove society to make it safer and beneficial for all. In this take, I’ll discuss some things that I believe can help out society as a whole.

1.)No more right turns on red: Right turns on red are very dangerous, especially since there idiots who drive 20-30 miles above the speed limit and who are not paying attention.

2.)Left turns only permitted with arrow: Left turns are the most tricky and dangerous maneuvers you can make on a busy street, it becomes even more dangerous if a car across from you is also making a left turn(your right) because it obstructs your view. For this reason, arrows should be used.

3.)Tailgating a car on a empty street will result in a hefty fine($500 minimum, $2000 maximum): If there’s one thing that seriously angers me, it’s tailgaters. Seriously folks, if you want to go over the speed limit then switch lanes and go ahead. Just don’t complain when you get a speeding ticket.

Slow down idiot!
Slow down idiot!

4.) less limitations on weapons you can legally carry: It’s ridiculous that certain places put heavy restrictions on what you can and can’t carry, California is notorious for this. In my opinion there should be less limitations. People should be allowed to carry fist weapons(brass knuckles, blast knuckles etc), batons, saps, tasers and many more. Just no explosive or pyro weapons, those are too dangerous and destructive.

Blast knuckles
Blast knuckles

5.)All neighborhoods should be gated communities: Just like town homes and apartments. Putting barriers around neighborhoods would make things safer for the dwellers of the neighborhood. Each entrance of the neighborhood would have a checkpoint guarded by police.

Substitute the gate with a checkpoint
Substitute the gate with a checkpoint

6.) police officers assigned to each neighborhood: Neighborhoods should also have police officers patrolling it. 4 police officers per section of the neighborhood.

Gives a new meaning to neighborhood watch

7.) Larger police forces: On average, it’s 300 police officers per 100,000 inhabitants. I believe that number should be higher. I say 4000 police officers or more per 100,000 inhabitants would be better. With more manpower, the police can do a lot more to prevent crime.

8.) Better equipped police: Most police are limited to a bullet proof vest and a pistol, while they may occasionally find themselves up against individuals in full body armor and or with longer range weapons. Unless the police officers engaging such individuals are sharpshooters, the police will be at a disadvantage, for this reason police should be issued armored vehicles, longer range weaponry and full body armor.

9.) 360 degree Security cameras on every intersection: Each mainstreet should have functioning 360 degree security cameras that monitor suspicious activity.

10.) Eliminate math from general ed course requirements: Math courses can be a hassle for many people. It can be both time consuming and stressful for those that just aren’t good at math. Instead, Math should only be for those that take majors that directly require math.

11.) Equity when hiring: Employers should be considerate when hiring. If someone is asking for a job, give them a chance. Don’t discriminate based on political views, the way they dress or the way they look. Personal life and jobs are separate things and should be treated as such. A homeless person would be able to walk in and be granted a job.

12.) Use some of the money used for military spending in other ways: Our country(The US) spends the most out of every country in the world on military. The gap isn’t even close with the second highest country(China) on military spending. Just imagine if some of that money were used for other ways, like science. According to 2017 statistics, we spend around 610 billion dollars on our military. If we cut it down to 400 billion we can still maintain a powerful military while the 200 billion dollars removed can be used for other purposes that benefit our country.

That’s a lot of money
That’s a lot of money

13.)Shut down all psych wards and give alternative supervision to the patients: Psych wards are notorious for all the atrocities committed on these places throughout the 20th century. Even now in the 21st century, there are still some psych wards that exhibit malpractice by detaining people against their will, misdiagnosing patients, stripping people of their identities/forcing people to repress who they are, violently restraining patients, beating their patients etc. All of that is unacceptable, especially now in the 21st century. If you don’t believe that abuse doesn’t happen in psych wards anymore, then read about this specific case. In my opinion all psych wards should be shut down, all staff members should be individually investigated and the patients should be granted alternative supervision that doesn’t confine them. The only group I know of that is fighting against psychiatric abuse are the CCHR, they are controversial due to their affiliations but mean well.

CCHR protest
CCHR protest

14.)End the death penalty: The death penalty is an outdated system that has no place in the 21st century. It is barbaric and can often times cause the death of an innocent person. There have been several occasions throughout history where a innocent person fell victim to the death penalty. For that reason, the death penalty needs to be abolished.

15.) Rehabilitation style prison system: Instead of correcting the behavior of criminals, current prison systems make criminals worse. Instead the convicted should be treated as people who need to be fixed. The Norwegian justice system treats it’s convicts like people who need help. Norway’s prison system is considered the most humane prison system in the world. They’ve also been dubbed “luxurious prisons”.

16.) Fund research into exotic medicines and promote their use: Many people don’t believe in the effectiveness of alternative medicine(non pharmaceutical). In order to turn the “skeptics” into believers, research would be put into determining the effectiveness of plants like lavender, Valerian, Rhodiola and so on. Enough research for pharmaceutical companies to approve the use of those alternative medicines that are proven to be effective.

Lavender
Lavender

17.) End political correctness: Political censorship which comes in the form of “political correctness” nowadays is used to censor political views that aren’t mainstream or part of the bandwagon. It can be argued that political correctness threatens the first amendment.

18.) Fund environmentalist movements: Environmentalism can help ensure that humans can live comfortably on this planet for many years to come by preserving both Animal and plant species, sufficient fresh water and helping decrease pollution. For these reasons, environmentalists deserve to receive support.

19.Give houses of worship armed security: With the growing hostility towards religion, Houses of worship are in need of having their own security forces. Much like how the Vatican and many synagogues in Europe do.

Soldier guarding synagogue
Soldier guarding synagogue

20.) Preserve culture, respect identity and overall way of life: We need to respect people’s way of life as they aren’t harming anyone. Whether it be the type of music they listen to, food they eat, clothes they wear, religious practices etc. everyone should be entitled to “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

21.)End double standards: Double standards can cause problems in society by dividing the masses. In order to fight double standards, endorsements to neglected groups like Men’s rights activist movements, Asian-American community, Christian community etc would be made, including the funding of men’s shelters. And social movements would be encouraged to work together with those groups.

There are many more things that belong on this list but I can only link so many pictures per take. So I’ll conclude the list here.

323
ADFSDF1996 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 3

• 7d

There's a lot of logic here.
    One small confusion, when you want to eliminate math, at what level are you wanting to eliminate it? I must be misunderstanding, because the way I read it it seems like you don't want anybody to take math courses at any point in their life unless they're a math major, but that seems totally illogical to me, so what am I missing here?

• 7d

No more right turns on red. Just no. It's the most convenient thing ever, if you make it so that the right turners don't have priority in traffic. If you want to make the streets safer, make it mandatory for every new driver to have at least 20 hours with a driving instructor plus 50 more accompanied by anyone with a driving permit.

• 7d

Good take

What Guys Said 23

• 7d

When I was your age, I was probably as idealistic as you are. Experience has tempered my idealism.

Do you have any idea how much these suggestions would cost? Does it matter?

Do you want a cashier who does not know how to count and make change when you purchase an item?

How do you end double standards?

If I am a sole proprietor and I am hiring only one employee and we must work closely together, why should I ignore issues pertaining to how well I think we could coexist spending 8 hours together every day?

When you rob the military of its ability to keep ahead of he competition, what is your plan for responding to military aggression?

Don't give up on your idealism but think things through. Consider cost. Consider why things exist as they currently are. Those who came before us had a reason for wanting a strong military, for having wards for mentally ill people, and their reasons were not malevolent.

• 7d

All the basics a person needs to know is in basic math which can be learned in k-12.

Job and personal life should be treated as two different things, what my co worker believes in is none of my business.

Even with 200 million dollars less, the military will still be a lot ore funded than the rest of the world’s militaries. No country today is stupid enough to invade the US.

We can end double standards by encouraging conservative politicians to endorse movements that have taboo attached to them like the Men’s rights movement.

• 7d

It. Is. People. Like. You. Who. Hold. Everything. Back.
      How does it feel like to speak and not be heard?

• 7d

@mrArcher If you did not hear me, why did you respond?

• 7d

I’m sorry but I think you live in cloud coo coo land.
    Allow people to carry more / bigger weapons, then complain the police are poorly armed?
    Why not disarm all civilians, then you need to spend less money on police armoury.

Essentially you are talking about, at best, a police state, and at worst, marshal law.

Also, get rid of maths? Honestly?
    I’m sorry you’re no good at maths (or so it seems), but everyone uses it every day.
    Or would you prefer poor Janet behind that till give you $5 change when you break into $20 to by a $2 item?
    Or how about not knowing you’ve been short changed $18 of your hard earned money?

• 7d

Looks like somebody didn’t read the whole take.

• 6d

A police state is pretty easy to beat lmao. what we have rn is better than what you brought up in your take

• 5d

@Canadaman99 Calling something a police state doesn’t mean it’s a police state. Are you seriously implying that Canada is a Utopia?

• 7d

Not learning math is a terrible idea. For example, realizing that $200 billion is nothing compared to $2 trillion.

• 7d

There’s no doubt 2 Trillion is a lot more but we are talking subtracting, not adding.

• 7d

I know it’s not not just combat.

• 7d

The military also provides aid during natural disasters.

• 7d

I like it this is amazing he has the balls to step up and say hey was crowell all these people up into little ghettos armed with Gates guarded by a enhance police force with tactical vehicles keep the general population docile by preventing them from learning get that pesky math out of there God knows nobody uses math. Money to spend on researching drugs that actually help and then throw away it on research for hippie drugs and flowers there's just so much more about this is so very fourth Reich... Idiot

• 7d

“Idiot?” why don’t you look in the mirror first?

• 4d

Of course in an idiot, i have zero problem with that. The differance is i dont want to make my peoples soft in the headby removing studies that are difficult, nor do i wish to lock any people behind gates that corral whole neighborhoods that are garded by a militarized police force. I am the kind of idiot that enlisted and witnessed atrocity after atrocity that wasmade possible by people doing what you suggest

• 4d

I never said anything about locking people behind gates. People would still be able to freely come and go as they please.

• 7d

Hard to tell if this is a joke or serious. You keep see-sawing back and forth on the issue. More police but no psych wards? What are the police going to do with the mentally ill that are a danger to themselves and others then? Rehabilitation style prison? What's the point of the police if all they do is bring criminals to a day care? Day care is not a punishment. Not by a long shot. Eliminating math HAS to be a joke. The single language we can all understand with hard boundaries and techniques. It's only created our entire world. Everything we do depends on it, but you want to remove it from schools? Ok, I take it back. This is definitely a joke.

• 7d

No thank you. Less limitations on carrying weapons, and ending political correctness are good. More surveillance, dropping math? Hard pass. I hope this is a joke.

• 7d

Political correctness is a tool used by the radical liberals to censor opposition. More surveillance equals more safety. Certain weapons would still be off limits. Math would be optional, not mandatory. It would only be mandatory for those that take a math based major.

• 7d

More surveillance equals more government control, which does not equate to safety. I'd like to take this moment to double down on my opposition to your idea of what society should be.

• 7d

That’s only if the federal law enforcement controls said surveillance.

• 7d

So did you just start smoking crack or have you been for years?

• 7d

I can ask you the same thing.

• 6d

Keep them tranquilized and sedated permanently? What's the point of taking care of people who're mentally ill so closely?

• 5d

@cykasenpai Not like that, they’ll be able to go on with their day but be monitored closely.

• 7d

There are obviously going to be things we will agree and disagree on, but so far from what I gathered your ideal world has a weird mish-mash of both authoritarian, progressive, traditional, and minimal-government policies. I'm not sure how well that would work out, people in general would rather live under one type of system than one that is at odds with itself on ideology or switches ideology depending on the circumstance.

• 7d

I was shocked at that barbaric practice of right on red while I lived in the US
    Several times have I nearly been run over as a pedestrian by motorists only looking for cars from the left and many times as a driver had to slam the breaks for people who thought there was enough time for them to go right on red when there wasn't
    Thankfully it is not the way of things most places I have been
    Red means stop end of story

• 7d

Right on red is a test to see who isn’t retarded. Wait until you get to some states that have left on red... that shits legit insane.

• 6d

@Other_Tommy_Wiseau
      Well I lived in the Bay Area when I was in the US so yes urbanized area heavy traffic amongst the worst in your entire country and seriously in the close to two years I lived there I lost track of how many times crossing the street there I was almost run over by someone only paying attention to cars from the opposite direction
      Though to be fair there aren't that many pedestrians since people there seriously take their cars and drive what is a 10 minute walk...

• 6d

that explains it. Californians are horrendous drivers. Especially in the bay... theb again, I moved to Texas and they aren’t all that bright either when it comes to driving

• 6d

Most are reasonable. But I don't like the idea of militarizing the police and overi flati gtheir numbers, increasing surveillance of people, promoting gated communities or the governement going out of it's way to protect religion.

• 7d

Thank you for pointing out the problem with utopian thinking, one person's utopia is another's hell. I would never want to live in your society, and if it was imposed upon me, I would fight it until my last dying breath.

• 7d

Cool, I like all the ideas, besides the comparison of Norwegian correctional facilities, these people who could have committed murder live in nicer accommodation than what I do, that's not punishment.

• 6d

I agree with most but the death penalty and the rehabilitation style prison system, and alternatives. The Vatican is it's own country. Besides the U. S government can't give houses of worship because it would likely break the establishment clause. Everything else is good.

• 6d

Some of these are good but in my view not militaristic police or constant surveillance. It becomes characteristic of a police state and is something the government would willingly abuse.

• 6d

a lot more could obviously be added and I don't doubt you are aware of this, so I'll comment on what you provided.

I agree we should be able to carry close quarter weapons, not so much projectile weapons. I carry a knife and brass knuckles on me. I don't particularly think we should call firearm's in public though. So id including guns with explosives.

I disagree on the driving regulations. I'd ban loud trucks though. Those are very disruptive.

I don't think there is a way to end double standards, no matter how much I personally hate them.

• 7d

This has to be satire. TellI me this is satire.

• 7d

Definitely not satire.

• 7d

So you advocate against social justice... but you want a totalitarian police state and protection of cultures.

You want to limit the budget of the military... but the increased amount of police officers would cost just as much, if not more

What you are proposing is hardline socialism. Like, Soviet socialism. You don't want that.

• 7d

It’s nowhere near soviet socialism.

• 4d

Death penalty should never be abolished and if someone innocent is being hanged than its the problem of the Justice system not punishment and the innocent people will still be punished for crime they didn't commit. The solution to the problem is improving the system rather than banning it
    You are trying to portray the West system as superior to others but in reality the US and majority of western are on top 5 for crime rate, so the system is shit and countries that hang the murders are actually quiet low on the list.

The US crime rate is high due to very government giving double signals like "assault weapons" for public defence and then expecting the person to call the police rather than use his SCAR-17 on thief, when gov allows it.
    The justice system we have right now is absolute shit one and we should really start to kill people to control the population.

• 6d

Some good ideas, divert military spending, encourage research of minimally processed plant medicine, restructure prisons but also some scary things too, increasing police presence, requiring constant surveillance, if anything the police state needs to be dismantled they are the WORST appendage of society, realistically the just protect the private property if people who have a lot from people who have very little, erase the huge discrepancy, empower autonomous education, facilitate employment projects, teach people how to properly defend themselves (martial arts) and they can be sent home where they can pack away their oversized guns and egos.

• 7d

Cool my take

• 4d

umm, no!

• 7d

This is satire, right?

• 7d

I disagree with 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 19, 20

• 6d

UTOPIA at last?