What I think of this GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN

So the U.S. government has been shut down for what, 30 days now, I don't know I lost track, but this has sparked a big dichotomy across the entire nation. Depending on which side your on you either think Trump is being a brat trying to get what he wants, or you think the left is being uncooperative out of spite of Trump, well I'm going to share my opinion because why the fuck not.

I'm just going to say it right from the rip, I mostly support Trump on this issue. If you decided to keep reading after that sentence and not write a nasty opinion without reading the entire take, first of all thanks, secondly your going to hear my honest opinion and my criticism on Trump.

Now, if your an American you most likely know that this government shutdown is over the southern border wall. I'm going to say that I support the wall, I'm not saying that it's going to be perfect, this one thing is not going to solve border security entirely shit doesn't work like that, but I do think that it's one thing out of many. I think the Democrat run House is not giving the funding in spite of Trump, many of them said at one time or another that they want tougher border security. but right now they don't want it because Trump is enforcing it. So I think it's not that they disagree on the wall, they just don't like Trump because well... he's Trump. I don't understand how over the years we spent TRILLIONS of dollars in bombing other countries, but when we want to spend 20 billion dollars in improving our own country all of a sudden we don't have the money or it's a waste of money, I think the U.S. spends too much money on other countries and not enough on our own country. But I will criticize Trump on this, why didn't he try to push this through when the Republicans had the Senate and the House? Why didn't he do this before the midterm election? Now that the Democrats run the house you can't get the wall funding, NO SHIT SHERLOCK!! I think he should have taken the perfect opportunity when he had the chance.

I know some of you are going to try to debate me on the wall and I'm just going to say what I think about the wall. I think the wall is one thing out of multiple things that needs to be done about border security. I think we also need drones and electrical surveillance systems, we need to invest more money in ICE and need to be paid more and we need to hire more ICE. I heard ICE takes sometime between a couple of hour to a couple of days to respond, and I think we need to improve ICE so they can respond right away, and we really need to crack down on businesses who knowingly hire illegals and hit them with something that really hurts. The wall will not only discourage illegals from trying to cross the border without knowing our laws, it can also help against these giant caravans who try to come in by the thousands like an invading army, not only that but it also forces them to go through the right way. Wall not only protect you from the outside, but it also forces people to use the front door. I don't think all illegal immigrants are bad, but they must go through the legal process and learn our laws and such, the age of consent in Mexico is 12 and they need to know that sleeping with a 6 grader in America doesn't fly at all. It''s also for the immigrants own good too, if your not a legal U.S. citizen then you don't necessarily have the rights that legal Americans do have, that's not my opinion that's just how things work, and if they don't have the rights that Americans have that makes them vulnerable to be used and abused in the workplace and they can't report it because of the risk of being deported.

Also, about the federal workers, I hate how they are going out of pay for this issue and still working. I hate how hey have to be at the forefront of this issue, I mean what do they have to do with this, they just want an honest pay for their work so they can pay their payment and feed their families, and now they can't because of this dichotomy. I think the Democrats need to stop being selfish and butt hurt and allow Trump to BUILD THE WALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

39

Most Helpful Guy

• Right , what is $5 Billion anyway? A drop in a bucket compared to all the wasteful spending that goes on. Also ask these questions:

Would it HURT any American by building a wall?

Does existing walls or fences need repair?

Do people get through damage fences?

Would a newer more modern wall or fence help Border Patrol and make their dangerous job easier? Don't we owe them something more than just low pay?

Do drugs get smuggled across the borders (any at all)?

Have gang members entered the United States via the Border?

Could terrorists enter via border?

Wouldn't a wall reduce children being separated from parents and end that dramatic experience?

Wouldn't a wall reduce people traveling 2000 miles and losing their lives trying getting into United States?

Would a wall reduce assaults, theft, and trespassing?

You can't argue it would reduce these things from happening? whether it is one or 10,000 times. So, over all it is a positive thing with more positives than negatives.

• And some far left idiot will comment here and say none of those things are problems what about the US citizens who are committing crimes lol

• @cipher42 Obama hold overs and I don't believe anything the gov't says, especially the State Department. Where are your stats , I just here you mouthing off numbers , but no sources.

• I gave you a source for both statistical claims I made. Pew research for one, the DEA for the other. Not that either claim actually involved specific numbers, unlike yours, which you haven't given me sources for. Projecting much? Can you provide an actual source for the several specific statistical claims you've made? For instance, that "real stat sheet" you mentioned, and have yet to produce, despite me asking for it multiple times?

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks like Trump is trying to come to an agreement but the democrats won’t even talk. It is on them now.

• But because of the main stream media Trump will take the full blame, and it disgusts me.

Join the discussion

28
  • The legalization of drugs will stop the violence that Latin Americans are fleeing. The real ID agenda will stop most of the rest of illegal immigration. 90 percent of terrorists come in on planes through New York. An agreement not to stop immigration but to establish economic trade with Mexico will make most immigrants to stop just short of the border for their own reasons. We need to band together as north and south Americans to stop the violence these people are fleeing.

• Sure, it's not like Trump said "I would be happy to take the blame for the shutdown". That never happened. And it's not like he said "Mexico would pay for the wall %100".
    So if Mexico is paying for the wall why does he need to ask congress for money?

• He didn't push the wall when they held both houses because they didn't have the votes. If you need someone's support, you're supposed to give them something they want. Now you need their support even more, you'll have to offer even more.

• Am I the only one who wishes the government shutdown could go on forever?

• The wall won't do anything though. And the trillions are coming from overzealous military spending, which is what we are trying to stop.

• Well said

• I have mixed feelings

• not gonna happen

• I'm personally against the wall. Border security and a border wall are two different things. Democrats have said they'll give funding for tighter border security (which is going to be done at security checkpoints, airports and more tight control of regulating documented immigrants who's time is almost up. But Trump won't have it. He could end the govt shutdown right now. He and he alone had the power to start it and he alone has the power to end it. The democrats are never going to give funding to the wall. Trump is now looking for a way to back down without looking like he's backing down so he can save face.

The government shutdown will end with no funding for the wall. He'll find some other agreement and talk about how it was democrats that surrendered and not him which is fine. I don't care about who looks bad I just care about the shutdown ending soon and there still being no funding for a wall.

• The Democrats are most to blame.