Who's Keeping Us Poor? Part 2

(THIS IS A LONG READ, SORRY. I MADE A VIDEO, LINK AT THE END, IN CASE Y'ALL DIDN'T WANNA READ)

Friendly reminder that I'm not an economist, sociologist, historian or any other professional. Also, we were so poor the "poverty line" seemed like a high salary. So please don't come at me with "you don't know what it's like! Stop criticizing poor people!"

If you were able to read the last take, congrats (part 1 is here). Let's recap: I mentioned the statistics of poverty, (briefly) discussed how history has affected minorities, policies affecting minorities today, and how government assistance has also unintentionally contributed.

Education

So by now, you're probably thinking "Education is the key!" Yes, but even the education system fails many of us.

Some politicians push to get more money into public schools, even though many charter and private schools often performing much better with less money. Many cities with under performing students also limit how many charter and/or private schools can be in certain districts, despite them showing much better results for students. You’d think politicians would be happy to hear this, but they instead want to limit charter schools. So whose interest do they really have in mind?

High schools also have issues like "career counselors" trying to force us into college or university. It's a problem not just in minority communities, but nationwide where there's now a push to bring back trades because it turns out we still need tradespeople. This is going to get a bit more controversial, but not everyone is made for college or university.

Bachelor's degrees are important and a college education does help with upward mobility. In fact, regardless of race, those with more advanced education make more money.

I still wouldn’t advise it for all poor people since the average cost for vocational training program is about $33,000, while the average bachelor's degree costs about $120,000.

Who's Keeping Us Poor? Part 2

Also, the length of time is significantly less for vocational training compared to college. Vocational training gets right to the classes you need to succeed in your field, no need for "religious studies" or "sociology" requirement. Many programs can take as little as 6 weeks to about 2 years. Considering the fact that many black people and Latinos have children in their teens, and many are also single parents, saving time on education can help them provide for their family sooner. There are many smart people who could succeed in college despite being poor, however, it's harder to do so..

Career counselors should inform us on vocations and trades. Yes, a college education is important, but it's not the only path to success. And I know y'all are going to say we should look it up ourselves. But they are CAREER COUNSELORS, it’s their job to help us succeed after high school, not just push bachelors degrees to fulfill quotas.

Culture/Community Values

Revoke my “Latino card”, this is where it's going to really get controversial - cue the “coconut” comments (brown on the outside, but white on the inside). A lot of what our community values directly conflicts with escaping poverty. And no, I'm not saying EVERYONE who's in these communities feels this way, but the culture is so prevalent.

Violence, partying, criminal behavior, and intolerance are toxic values. Also, we have lack of values that impede progress like not treating unwanted pregnancy with high seriousness, lack of financial responsibility, as well as lack of emphasis on education. Many of these directly conflict with things necessary to escape poverty - graduate high school, not get married or have children until at least 21, and work a full time job.

In my experience, violence is heavily praised among minorities, especially for young men. I know, the US has a violence glorification issue in general, and many will say, “well what about the US? They fight so many wars.” Guess what?. We are the US, and comparing demographics to nation seems a bit odd. It’s better to compare by socio-economic status. And for those in poverty, there are much higher rates of violence. In fact, it’s one of the greatest predictors of homicide.

When you can’t provide for yourself or your family, the only bit of “honor” is asserted with violence. It is frustrating, because when you have a job, education or even children, you can’t entertain these people’s “disses”.

Many people here love to fight. In high school, I remember there being a fight nearly (if not) every week, and gang fights breaking out almost every month. Everyone loves to settle conflicts with violence, and I couldn’t escape it at home nor at school for a long time. There was a study that said Chicago had almost the same amount of deaths as Iraq, and instead of being ashamed, people in Chicago call it “Chiraq” with pride.

Another issue plaguing us is gangs. Latinos are the highest demographic of gang members, followed by black people. I know many people, especially young boys, who looked up to gangs. When so many of us are raised by single mothers, and most teachers are female, it’s no wonder why young boys seek hyper masculine role models. I’m lucky that none of my family ever became gang members. However, we’re unlucky because they’re often mistaken, and I as well when I dress like a tomboy. We have had gangs cause property damage on our homes, cars, and even jump/attack us. When you live in a community where every color with black represents a different gang, it’s hard to avoid them.

Criminal behavior is also praised. I can’t count how many people “brag” about going to jail, fighting, stealing, or vandalizing property.

I have been victim of theft many times before. I’ve had people break into my house and steal. I also had my car broken into many times. I even got a car alarm system, but it didn’t help. One night, to “taunt” me, the car thieves left the hood open with the deactivated alarm and stole parts from my car. I often hear that “rich people steal” from poor people like me, but in my experience, it’s poor people stealing from me.

Glorification of substance use and partying is another issue. I personally am NOT in favor of prohibition, and I prefer if everything were legal. HOWEVER, when you are in poverty, you should not waste money on drugs or alcohol. I know many people who say “Who cares? It’s their money.” Many of us are on government assistance, so no, it’s not fully our money. Then you can say “so? Weed is only $5 a bag?” Well, to this day, I haven’t found someone who only smokes once a week, and only a $5 bag. Even if we did find someone who only smoked a $5 bag a week, that’s $260/year. If that doesn’t sound like a lot to you, congrats, you’re probably not in poverty. But for many, it’s about a whole week’s pay. And this is at a conservative estimate assuming that they’re ONLY spending $5/week. This doesn’t even factor in alcohol and partying, which many poor people glorify. It’s in “hood” classic movies like Scarface, in our music - especially rap, trap and reggaeton.

We also have an issue with intolerance. As I stated in a previous take, minorities can also be pretty tribal (that leads to racism, colorism, etc). I always wondered this, but we criticize white people a lot, but then are upset that they have better results than us. An example is we “joke” about white people being older parents, and then wonder why they have more money. Another thing we criticize is white people calling the cops for everything. I can understand the frustration, but at the same time, we can’t complain when crimes aren’t being solved if we aren’t reporting them.

Another form of intolerance is a disrespect for police. Yes, we are taught and it is reinforced to not trust police. We also have this “no snitch” rule, and “snitches get stitches” mantra, that is damaging. Again, we can’t complain that police are ineffective, yet refuse to assist them. This just empowers gangs and other criminals to continuously destroy our communities because they know we won’t seek help from police.

And now these aren’t necessarily values, but more lack of. One of those is not avoiding unwanted pregnancy. I honestly can’t count how many people I know who wanted either to be a teen mother, a single mother, or a parent despite not being financially ready and it baffles me. Latinos and black people have higher rates of single parenthood and teen pregnancy, and I do not want to continue that path. We are also less likely to use contraception and especially more effective forms of contraception, despite health centers like Planned Parenthood, many hospitals, clinics and even schools offering them for FREE.

This offends many people, but aside from widows and rape victims (though even rape victims have more choice), single parenthood is a choice. I know many people love to say “well, my only other option was to stay with someone abusive. You want that?” No. Of course not, but you had other choices, like not having children with a bad partner. Single parenthood, specifically an absent father, is one of the worst things you can do to your children. They have higher rates of crime, violence, substance abuse, suicide, low self esteem, depression, promiscuity, teen pregnancy, and even higher rates of obesity!

Let’s face it, most partners you choose in your teens and early 20s are probably not of high character or won’t last, so you definitely should do everything to avoid having kids with them.

Who's Keeping Us Poor? Part 2

I know someone will say, “why are you blaming single moms? What about deadbeat and abusive dads?” Yes, they’re an issue too. And this is controversial, but I believe that the responsibility falls more on the woman. Here’s why, the fetus will be in her body. In no state that I’m aware of can a man force a woman to abort or prevent her from aborting. Even in the states that limit abortion, there’s always contraception and adoption. Many states allow the woman to put the child for adoption without the father’s consent. Also, in the case of deadbeat or abusive dads, it’s much easier for a man to be prevented access to a child than the woman. A mother can choose to not let the father in the kid’s lives, and if he’s abusive, that’s good. But sometimes, the father isn’t, and there are bitter babymama’s who don’t want the father present out of pettiness. And she has the law on her side in nearly all states to enforce this.

Another issue is most poor people, including myself, lack financial responsibility and discipline. Personally, I never really budgeted my money. Now, I’m trying to learn. Almost no one I know budgets their money. Tax season is here, and I get so frustrated seeing poor people making ridiculous or extravagant purchases with their refund. Buying things like new cars, high brand purses (like MK, Coach), Jordans, etc. I’m not saying that poor people can’t have nice things, but we need to prioritize. We can’t complain that our child is failing, and instead of getting them a tutor, we spend $300 on a pair of shoes or purse.

Black people are 6x more likely to buy a Mercedes than white people. Black and white people smoke weed at roughly the same rates, while black people have lower income on average. SNAP recipients are slightly more likely than non SNAP recipients to spend money on soft drinks which is highly irresponsible (since it has nearly no nutritional value and in fact adds to obesity and other health risks). We are bad with money!

Another lack of value I see is there is not much emphasis on education. Yes, we do think education is important, but not enough. We can see this with more Latinos and black youth dropping out of high school. But we must do our best to graduate high school to get out of poverty!

I know the struggle, my mother wasn’t working when I was in high school and I had to work full time while being in school full time. It was stressful, especially since I was head of household setting up appointments, buying groceries, etc.. I still graduated with good grades. You can either make solutions or make excuses.

There are many free GED programs, free adult education and training programs like WIOA, YEAR UP, IC Stars, and others. I told many people about them, but they seem uninterested. Some even said they don’t want to because they don’t want to lose their government benefits. Also, many parents I know do their best to provide so their child can focus on school, and it always frustrates me when the children instead choose to join gangs, sell drugs, or even just work a job that pays slightly more than minimum wage instead of taking advantage of their parent helping them.

Conclusion

Again, I apologize for such a long read. So who’s keeping us poor? I do think external factors like welfare and prison reform can help us out of poverty. But ultimately, we are keeping ourselves and each other poor. It does not matter how much the government tries to deter us from committing crimes and fix the prison system if we celebrate violence, drug dealing and other behaviors that’ll put us in jail. It doesn’t matter if they create Affirmative Action to help us into jobs and school; government assistance for kids we can’t provide for; scholarships, loans and grants for education and minority businesses if we continue not valuing education, the importance of the nuclear family and financial responsibility. We are seeing that you cannot legislate community values. It’s less time consuming, less invasive, and less costly for cultures to change laws rather than the other way around. We need to stop making excuses for our mistakes. We need to take responsibility, but unfortunately so many well intentioned people enable us, and we can’t fix problems if we don’t even acknowledge they exist.

It’s difficult for many of us to admit this, but until we do, we will continue blaming others while we ask the government for more help and handouts and expect them to fix it for us as our communities crumble. Aside from children, the disabled, and to a lesser extent the elderly, poverty is a choice. Or rather, it is a consequence of very bad choices we make.

Who's Keeping Us Poor? Part 2

Who's Keeping Us Poor? Part 2
30
3

Have An Opinion?

Most Helpful Guys

• Bluemax

Fascinating.

Single/unplanned parenthood is generally a key ingredient in the recipe for poverty.

Something else I've noticed. I've talked to many women about adoption. Personally, I am pro-choice, at least in the first trimester. However, I respect the position that for many they believe that they would be killing a human. It's not a position I hold, but I respect it. However, most... and by most I mean virtually all... women I've spoken to about putting a child up for adoption look and react as if I just told them to put the baby in a dumpster. Moreover, I've noticed this is particularly the case with the Latina women I know. I cannot understand why they believe it is far preferable to drag this child through poverty than giving it to a family with the financial resources to raise the child.

Have you taken speaking courses in college, Buchita?

AND WHERE'S THE CAT? I FEEL I GOT RIPPED OFF NOT SEEING THE CAT!!!

Is this still revelant?
    • Yea, a lot of people here would never put a child in adoption. I agree, they'd rather them suffer with them than away.

And he's at the end lol

• Bluemax

Oh wow. If you blink, you'll miss the cat!

Don't Fear the Reaper needs more cowbell. Your video needs more cat.

• intjgamer

It is culture. Culture inspires people to do good or bad things. Children growing up without fathers teaches them it's okay to do the same to their children. The only way out of this cycle for most is the military.

It is also wages. Some employers are out of touch about the cost of living in their area. Wages should be predicated on purchasing power and not a standardized number. Investing more into one's own company instead of keeping the profit to one person is good for everyone. How is a sign on bonus of $15 million for a new CEO going to help anyone? I'm talking about blizzard and their failing business as an example.

Is this still revelant?
    • I think the military can help many of us get the discipline we lack. But I wouldn't want anyone to be forced.

So then employers should increase minimum wage?

• Maybe, but a lot of people return from the military really fucked up and violent.

• intjgamer

No. There shouldn't be a minimum wage at all. Wages should be based on the expense of living in the area of employment. You couldn't possibly rent an apartment at $7 or even $15 an hour when it costs over $2000 a month.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dog19

I'm on government assistance, I barely graduated high school, I have bad credit, I'm of low income and I am black. This was a very rough patch in my life and currently I am still broke and struggling but I was finally able to improve my credit score. It was amazing... But I am trying. Have you ever seen a poor person with bad credit?

Is this still revelant?
    • Dog19

A poor person with good credit I mean lol

228
  • CHARismatic110

Poverty is choice? Ok.

• You including yourself in it doesn't make it sound any better. People aren't poor because they want to be. While some people are products of their environment because they want to be, most are because they don't know how to be anything else.

• Who doesn't have a choice? Most of us do

• Uh huh.

• Waffles731

"I know the struggle, my mother wasn’t working when I was in high school and I had to work full time while being in school full time. It was stressful, especially since I was head of household setting up appointments, buying groceries, etc.. I still graduated with good grades. You can either make solutions or make excuses."
    That's a lot of responsibility to be on a person let alone a high schooler.
    It's kinda badass that you did that

• It was tough but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

• Waffles731

My mother also grew up really poor though when she was 11 she moved to live with her mother who managed a campground.
      They had it a little easier but a huge amount of the meat they ate came from things they shot themselves.
      They would pack the freezer full of deer, rabbits, and game birds because if not they wouldn't eat meat all winter

• Waffles731

Lack of opportunity elsewhere was one of the major reasons that my mom joined the military straight out of high school

• mysticghost

Just adding a small bit of info:
    The shift in the public educational curriculum has removed vocational trades course from public high schools in most places for more softer arts courses or courses pushing social awareness issues. This has contributed, along with advancement of tech, to to the shortage in the trades. Today, a person in the trades can easily earn above poverty level at the entry level and earn very well as they develop their craft. In many places, the costs for vocational training is subsidized greatly by the industry, making much of the training very affordable, if not free. Many skilled craft just 5 to 6 years in the industry are making more than $100k a year, well above someone their age a year or two out of college, with student loans (assuming entry into trades just after high school).

Many folks chased the dream of high paying computer jobs with no college, or making an app that makes them rich idea, but didn't have the skills or the knowledge to make it happen. Many figured that luck was being passed out by the bucket full after high school. Nothing in life is promised, it has to be earned! Not even the government will be able to fix it or make things better.

• Very true, I wish I had known that when I was younger, they pretty much ignored all trade jobs and pretended like the only way to have a real life was to go to college (and dump tens of thousands of dollars into a degree that would most likely not even get used (according to the statistics). B

• Yeah, that part confused me as well. I thought, "since when does the U. S. have trade school"? aside from mechanics institutes.

Arnold Schwarzenegger wanted to make trade schools in California, but they wouldn't let him.

• AdmiralBailey

Dads are actually the least abusive of both parents statistically. I've never been beaten by my father. I've been beaten with all sorts of things by my mother & my dad was more of a talker/resolver. We keep ourselves poor. Lack of fathers/legacy keeps even the well meaning poor. If I have no skills or real estate to hand over to my son then I'm useless even if I myself are successful.
    ~Mr Bails Extraordinaire

• Yea, I always thought that fathers were most abusive, but then I looked it up and it's mothers. Personally, my dad was the one who beat us. My mom was more pacifist.

• Aww, hug

• BeMuse

I didn’t read any of that, but I know as I scrolled down the screen I saw an info graphic that said that it costs $127,000 for a bachelors degree when in reality a state university for residents runs about $24,000 with other mandatory fees being about another $1,000. That amount can be cut by about $6000 if you do your general education at a community college and get an A. A. and transfer to a university for your second 2 years. If you want a Masters degree after that tack on another $7,500. Books are easy enough to get online in PDF format for free. So you can get a BS & M. S. together in something STEM related like Computer Science for somewhere in the ball park of $26,500 financing all of that on Federal Direct Subsidized Loans at around 3.4% today and make around 6 figures a year right out of college. With interest you’re at about $29,000. It costs way less than advertised for a higher level of education and your salary is also far higher than advertised. So the conclusion is that you are misleading people. No need to read your lies.

• Pejtu

the people that are keeping other people poor are the rich top few % of the population MF'ers
    they will do everything to keep the sheeps under controlll and thats what they are doing

• Like what? Explain what you mean please.

• Pejtu

they controll the politicians who controll us the sheeps
      politicians earn like 0 money so the rich give them money to do everything they want

• How do they control them? I'm talking about verifiable proof.

And politicians make like 170k/year. That isn't 0 money to me lol

• I'm gonna be honest, having seen some of your previous posts, I was avoiding reading this 'cuz I thought this was gonna be, "another minority blaming white people for their problems."
    HOWEVER, after reading through both parts, I have to say that I actually agree with everything you wrote here, aside from legalizing hard drugs.
    You basically confirmed all the stereotypes about blacks and Hispanics, that when white people say them, we get accused of racism. So I applaud you for that.

The only thing that puzzles me is you're poor but some how own a car. And I also don't understand why you oppose Trump's wall, if your family has built NOTHING for themselves in this country. Your parents might as well have stayed in Mexico. So why do you support Mexicans coming here? And I don't know why you got offended when I said Trump's wall will stop illegals from killing people, if you basically just admitted that Mexicans commit a lot of violent crimes.

That's cool though. I didn't think we would agree on anything, but we DO. But I'm sad to hear that so many Mexicans do in fact hate gringos, as I had quite a few Mexican friends, and often defended these people.

Thank you for posting the truth. :)

• JDavid25

No we blame the system not "White" people which does help in keepin many minorities in poverty..

• Haha, when have I blamed white people for anything though?

And yea, white people can't speak up because society has y'all gripped by the cojones.

The thing is, I climb in and out of poverty. Having gotten sick without health insurance, set me back again. And then my dog got sick too. And I'm in serious debt.

I think legalizing only MJ won't do much to help with gangs and crimes, like cartels, theyll just go to slanging harder drugs.

I didn't get offended when Trump said he'd stop illegals from killing people. I applaud that. We should stop criminals, I don't give a shit if they're Mexican, white black or whatever. I just don't think the wall is an effective solution.

• Not YOU personally. Minorities in general.
      I've been sick without health insurance. Eventually I just stopped going to the doctor unless it was something REALLY serious.
      You have a dog too? Yeah, those things also cost money that could be spent to feed your family instead.
      LOL. ANY punk from high school can sell MJ. And I didn't know it was that cheap. Marijuana isn't as valuable as it used to be. So you're right, the money is in the harder drugs.

OH! Okay! Thanks for clearing that up. Even my ultra Conservative father admitted a wall won't help. Maybe drugs a little, but most of the "illegals" are actually people who came here legally and overstayed their visas. So I kind of agree, but it would at least be sending a message.

But yeah, this MyTake really made me open my eyes and realize a lot of the negative stereotypes I hear about illegals people from Latin America are true. I wish there were more like you. I sincerely hope things work out for you and your family.

• trxxb

First a caveat - I'm from the UK so don't know your situation at all, as such you should ignore everything I say. In general the opportunities afforded to people in our countries are about as good as it gets. And when compared with the rest of the world we enjoy unbelievable prosperity. Comparing with other situations is normally of little use because of the number of variables.

Thing is we get born into a situation and go from there. Ultimately the only person who really cares about you is you. If you do something nice for someone they have no obligation to reciprocate.

We have a tricky task as a generation though so I completely understand if people aren't excited for the future. Not only all the climate change, antibiotics, mental health, overpopulation, deforestation, plastics, overcrowding etc. But also there's a massive pension deficit, very low global economic growth prospects and unprecedented levels of debt. So we can't borrow money to help the private or worldwide economic situations, let alone likely world ending crises.

So yeah, I guess I think go easy on people, it's pretty bad all over right now - tbh i just do me, struggle to take care of myself in truth lol

I'm gonna live in a van I think - leaving accountancy and law qualifications to do it. Life can be cheaper then they'd have you believe. There's very nice and very cheap places around the world.

Shout if I can help at all

• we stay poor because we are stuck in a job where we can't get ahead, we can't get ahead because we dont have the education to get ahead, we dont have education because regardless of something, there is a sect of people or persons who dont believe we should get ahead because of who you are, what you are, and where you come from, and they believe you should not get ahead, while those of those who make those comments to you, dont even want to make an attempt to get ahead.. (purposely wrote it to confuse those who are confused to confuse them more!)

• Jager66

Simple..

Fractional reserve banking, it has reduced the value of an hour worked by about 95% since it was adopted.

It's why a teenager in 1960 could work the summer, buy a car, clothes and have party/gas money for his muscle car for the rest of the year. And why now you'd need to be a doctor to make that kind of living.

• sp33d

As for the developed world. Lack of military discipline or being used to it at some point. Leads to poor decisions and sloppy lifestyle, even though the potential quality of life is well beyond average.

Can't speak for the developing world, different parameters.

• Giggletr0n

I may have no minority status and I am certainly not poor, not rich but not poor, and you could argue that being from the UK I don't have as much issue paying the bills (what with healthcare being free unless you go private) but surely if you are poor and uneducated and it was 100% your own fault then it's tough luck!

• Browneye57

I think you're making this shit up. Or you copied it from somewhere.

• Hispanic-Cool-Guy

Who keeps people poor? Guess who?

Proverbs 22:2:

The rich and the poor have this in common,
    The Lord is the maker of them all.

Nevertheless, you have good points.

Any questions? Ask.

And by the way I like how you articulate yourself in the video.

• Bismarck_96

Don’t forget the government gets richer every day by collecting taxes from properties and stores plus your food

I may be right or wrong but it’s just my opinion not claiming that it is true

• Matt-G

"the poverty line seemed like a high salary" who the fuck are you talking to, the UN basic poverty line is $1.50 per day you rational Russian dickhead!

• Barrabus_the_Free

Excellent Take. It's refreshing to see someone list the actual reasons for many of the poor remaining poor, instead of making excuses and blame whitey, or "Tha Man", etc. The fact that a woman wrote this is doubly surprising, since women tend to have a very tenuous grasp on logic and reason, at best.

I will say that. gov bares part of the responsibility due to the welfare program. It's basically designed to get people dependent on the system. When someone can make $70k/yr in welfare gibs, why would they work a minimum wage job for $16k? And. gov handouts encourage single motherhood. A single mother gets all kinds of gibs; if she married or even lives with the child's father, . gov won't give her all that shit.

I hope that one day people can look back and see the welfare system for what it truly is: one of the most evil, cruelest crimes to ever be inflicted on black Americans.

Anyway, again, great job on this Take.

• JDavid25

I agreed with the first part over this one.. While I do see yo points, you use a lot of anecdotal experiences to make generalizations.. And while me myself witnessed a lot of what you sayin sayin, there seems to be little statistic or a deeper look into poverty.. Just that "oh, a lot of the people I know are abusin the system instead of , trying to get themselves up".. I agree that we should strive to do more than just survive and look like we are doin better than we are.. But, it's all apart of a mentality you don't go into.. A lot of people are poverty are afraid of the very position they are in, and so they wanna do anything to keep it.. Most of those people go to 12 hour jobs at 5 am they don't like just to scrap by.. So yeah..

• I provided stats and sources. I use anecdotes to make it a bit more personal, but I don't just "generalize" out of nowhere. I make sure that stats back up my claims. Look over them if you need to.

• JDavid25

No I didn't say you didn't provide the statistics.. You did.. What I was mainly talkin about was the deeper look into it.. Also, the other statistics on how "Black" fathers are actually involved in their children's live a lot of the time.. Or the info on why people in poverty drop outta school.. Why don't they value education? Stuff like that.. This was well written and researched from the standpoint you were goin for..

• Black fathers may be involved, but black households still are much higher likely to be headed by single mothers. Which is an issue.
      We don't value education, I don't know why? We do, but just not enough. Statistics can only tell us so much.

I'm open to any refutations. Most people are just saying it's incorrect but provide no further info beyond that. Show me the stats as well as your interpretations, and if it seems reasonable, I don't mind changing my stance. I've done it many times before.

• BeHappy1985
  • Oram52

Read both parts of your Take and can certainly appreciate your effort. Most I would say I agree with one way or the other. It does seem something personal as well. It is quite difficult to change mindset of people especially something entrenched in their culture. I wouldn't be surprised if they are also more likely to blame others for their problems.

What should be done though, how to bring about necessary changes, why Asian culture is different than Latino. I think focusing on the solutions is also necessary even if difficult to implement in practice.

• Fuentes

Nice post im in love with you now u from Cali? If so whats crackin?

• shyapples2

Here in America the rich own the government and that’s ultimately why shit is fucked up

• John_Doesnt

It's the aliens that are keeping us poor.

• Secretgardenblood

Nice take

• Muhammad1999

most likely the government

• Organic_Pineapples

It's the government that is keeping people poor.

• Anonymous

good take

• Anonymous

It's IQ, when you account for IQ all income gaps go away.

A white person with an IQ of 80 practically earns the same amount as a black person with an IQ of 80.
    It's also why Ashkenazi Jews and Asians earn more than Whites in the US.

• Ehh the information we have on Ashkenazi Jew IQ is actually very skewed and not reliable. Keep in mind that the average IQ in Israeli is absolutely nothing impressive.

• Anonymous

@RationalMale Yes, Ashkenazi Jews don't make up the majority of Israel's population though. Not only are there a lot of non-Jews, but there are more Mizrahim and Sephardim than Ashkenazim.

• Servus09

I think the point he's making is that you're splitting hairs by pointing out the Ashkenazi Jews have a higher I. Q. on average. You could say the same for Germans, Norwegians, and a few other Europeans. Though you would have to exclude anyone from those groups who are not ethnically German or Norwegian. That would be a pretty silly thing to do. Yet this is exactly what Ashkanzi Jews do and it's somehow not considered racist.

• Anonymous

Employers keep us poor

• How so?

• Anonymous

Under paying people

• What should they pay us? And for what qualifications?

• Anonymous

Why do you got to post a black picture? There's plenty of dirt poor illegal aliens, or people from Spanish countries

• Because it's a popular meme. If there was one with 3 Latinos exactly like that, I'd have posted it too.
      That's not the focus of the article though.