Unpopular Opinion: Internet harassment isn't gendered. You can't change my mind

pic unrelated
pic unrelated

Internet harassment isn't gendered despite people attempting to make it into a gendered issue (much the same way they have attempted to make domestic violence/abuse a gendered issue).

Internet harassment isn't new either. Whether it's death threats/threats of violence in general, doxxing, etc, it's not gendered. And for the longest time, nobody really gave a shit about it. It wasn't until the whole gamergate fiasco that people decided not only was internet harassment 'serious business', it was a gendered issue; and as John Oliver pointed out "If you dont think internet harassment is a problem, well congratulations on your white penis".

Except it isn't a gendered issue. Men have dealt with internet harassment long before the gamergate fiasco took hold. Only difference is, nobody gave a shit. Men were simply told they needed to quit crying male tears because women have it worse. Now all of a sudden people start caring about internet harassment when it happens to women. You know what, I'm not buying it, especially when the same people that claim to be against harassment are willing to engage in doxxing and death threats and feel its justified as long as its in the name of 'social justice'.

Now with all that being said, Fellas what are your experiences with online harassment? Have you dealt with death threats or doxing? Did you get harassed by men/women online? Feel free to share your experiences.

5
5

Join the discussion

Most Helpful Guy

• Anonymous

No it shouldn’t be. In fact, I don’t believe the arguments feminists make that women are harassed on the internet more than men studies have shown that it happens to men far more often. The reason you don’t hear it from men that often is because we just learned to just ignore or block them instead of freaking out about it.

• DWD94

The other reason you dont hear it from men is because we know nobody gives a shit. Nobody cares about a problem till it affects women.

• Anonymous

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

54
  • you're exactly right and also women having more problems than men, thats total B. S (bullshit)! I personally haven't experienced death threats or doxing, except for one time when facebook was glitching and posted all my information on facebook... but i deleted my first facebook after that, as for harassment, I've recieved a lot from feminists online and I've been blocked and talked about without being able to respond which for me still counts as harassment!!

• DWD94

It is bullshit dude. And I've dealt with harassment from both men and women alike. One of the worst instances in which I was harassed came after I rejected this woman's advances.

• Me too man I've rejected girls and was cursed by them or their friends afterwards so i know how that feels... also you were right for what you did!

• RolandCuthbert

Dude, please.

I am pretty certain you have not been threatened by a woman online. The only threats I have received come from men.

But I have to admit, I have threatened right back.

I don't you guys. Either men and women are the same or we are not.

I am voting for "not". And I am not ashamed of being a man and being different than a woman.

Extreme weirdness.

• DWD94

I actually have been threatened by women online.

• DWD94

I also have been threatened by men though. Like I said, the only difference between men receiving threats on the internet vs women is that nobody gave a shit about internet harassment till women spoke up about it.

When men talked about it, we just got told to man up and quit crying male tears.

• And I don't believe you.

Gee whiz. I am 47 years old. I have had women say a lot of stuff to me. But threaten? Dude, get real.

Meanwhile, guys threaten me every other day.

• SkipStop

"Congratulations on your white penis"? 😂 That doesn't even make sense. Obviously some feminist came up with that. Anyway, internet harassment and trolling is not gendered. There are bad people in every group. Feminists and some basic women use the "Victim card" to make it all about them. And I don't understand why society falls for that stuff. Gotta get rid of gynocentrism. That might be the problem. It's a misandrist and racist world. Time for a change.

• Izumiblu

Is this supposed to be some intriguing take on a social dilemma? Cuz I feel like it completely doesn’t matter.

• DWD94

Its mainly meant to be a response towards morons that think internet harassment is gendered.

• Izumiblu

Never heard that but ok.

• NoPoliticsPleeease

I have actually seen way more younger women on this site lie and say things about guys who they don't even know more than I have ever seen women harassed. Younger girls over a difference of opinion smear a guy who is basically a stranger who they don't even know.

• GraveDoll

I can not even believe this is even a thing. Who the fuck attaches gender to harassment. men or female it wrong simply put.

HUMANITY omfg...

• Lauren-green

I just came here because you of the unrelated picture 😂

• Kas19

I don't know but the only rape threats I've seen come from men. Interesting.

• DWD94

The general threats I've received came from both women and men.

• Kas19

I've come across catty women on here too. But most of what I've seen is from men. But yeah.

• Secretgardenblood

Good mytake