Body positivity should apply to men just as much as women, if it is to be taken serious!

I was watching this video on postfeminism:

And one of the criticisms leveled against it was that women with higher body fat %'s and working class women were excluded from the movement. I was curious about post feminism since it was an alternative to feminism but ultimately I agree that it is not sufficient for the reasons cited in the video.

Which had me thinking, if the goal of third wave feminism is sexual choice for these girls then why don't they apply that same philosophy and match with skinny, short poor men on hookup apps?

That's exactly what I find offensive about feminism. It's inherently selfish because it only cares for one gender. Worry about whether or not your fellow poor or sorta-fat women are having sexual choice, but make sure poor, short skinny or fat men don't have sexual choice.

And what rational is there for this stance?

Overall, I do not support a double standard like that. I don't think it's cool.

I do not believe women belong in the kitchen, nor do I believe they can't be good providers or be really smart and have really great careers. But I find it wrong and annoying that they want things for themselves that they are not willing to give to others.

Sorry if my feminism takes are aggravating people, I just feel like speaking my mind.

27
46

Most Helpful Guys

• genericname85
    women still struggle with reality. if you're ugly you won't make it far in professions that depend on physical beauty and you'll have a harder time even in professions where that shouldn't matter.

it has nothing to do with being negative about ugly people. it's just how humans work. it's like if you were born without legs, you won't win a marathon no matter how entiteled you feel about that.

body positivity is bullshit in my opinion. if you're a fat landwhale, you should be shamed and you should feel ashamed. that doesn't mean you failed as a human being overall and aren't worth anything. that just means you're fat and you should change that asap. also if you're told that you're ugly by many people, that doesn't mean they hate you. that just means that you are probably not that pretty. that goes equally for both genders. stop ignoring the real world to feel warm and fuzzy inside. take a good look at reality so that you can structure your life in a way where the things that are not good about you don't have such a negative overall impact.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Rob171977
    Lmfao good luck getting the feminazis to see it that way. They NEVER will. Society is so gender biased it sickens me at times. Like this example you gave with body positivity. You realize if a guy started whining and crying about his body almost every guy and literally every woman would tell him to suck it up be a man and hit the gym. But NO woman or man ever says that shit to a fat chick and do you know why because society partically SJW PC libtard assholes cater to the fat slob chicks and bash men every chance they get. That's the fucked up part about our society how PC SJW libtarded it became. And if someone ever did tell a fat chick to hit the gym and to suck it up like they do a man EVERY SJW PC Libtard under the sun on this god forsaken planet would be up that person's ass bashing him repeatedly all day and night for the rest of his days for being gender EQUAL which the feminazi's utterly despise
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• Anonymous
    "Body positivity should apply to men just as much as women" sure, I agree but why does feminism have to fight for that? if you and other men care about male body positivity then all of you should simply do something about it. do you also expect peta and greenpeace to fight for your rights? or the lgbt community? lol don't be lazy. women made feminism to help ourselves, If you want to change something then DO something instead of complaining
    feminism means "the state of being feminine" and sense of "advocacy of women's rights" women, not men, we're not against men we just fight for ourselves
    Is this still revelant?
    • Ellie-V

Ah yes. Some common sense โ˜บ๏ธ

• morrowlow

but i thought feminism was about equality for men and women but here you say feminism is "the state of being feminine" and sense of "advocacy of women's rights". it seems like the definition of feminism keeps changing to benefit women. plus feminists have always defended feminism by saying "it's not just for us, it benefits men too." but i can appreciate your selfish honesty. it's better than being a hypocrite

• Anonymous

@morrowlow equality as in giving women equal rights as men and that's been done in my opinion. I googled the definition, copied and pasted, feminism is still about women and the etymology of the word says so
      "it's not just for us, it benefits men too" I don't say that but I do think a lot of things feminism accomplished benefits both genders, here are some examples
      ๐Ÿ‘‰ women's integration in the workforce after wwII translated into massive macroeconomic gains
      ๐Ÿ‘‰research shows that men who share domestic tasks with their wives report being happier and have more sex
      ๐Ÿ‘‰as gender discrimination became a popular topic of discussion in the 1970s the supreme court ruled it was unconstitutional to treat women and men differently under the law
      ๐Ÿ‘‰not all men could request dependent care deductions although tax deductions were given to women, two lawyers using the 14th amendment ended the enshrinement of gender discrimination into law
      ๐Ÿ‘‰the sexual revolution affected women as well as men: It gave women the ability to pursue sexual activities much more freely, meaning more sex for men
      ๐Ÿ‘‰feminism triggered the FBI to change the definition of rape to include men
      ๐Ÿ‘‰ending the discriminatory policy of banning women from combat roles in the military benefitted their male soldiers as well
      ๐Ÿ‘‰thanks to feminist activism, paternity leave exists
      ๐Ÿ‘‰feminism challenged the commonly held notion that patients with gay men were to blame for AIDS, shattering the stereotypes
      ... and the list goes on, it's all over the internet
      feminism DID things for men even though it's about women but there's no obligation to advocate for your rights, if you feel like something has to change then DO something (ranting online to try and trigger feminists doesn't count)

• LeeKenz
    First, feminism WAS originally about wanting equality for all genders, for everyone for that matter.

Second, speaking your mind is perfect.

Thirdly, it's this third wave shit that's making everything get fucked
    Is this still revelant?
    • Robertcw

Somehow I feel like feminism was hijacked in the 2009 -2012 years by ghetto culture, which then introduced the fourth wave feminism that we sometimes see today. With the rise of Cardi B, Hip-Hop and the Kardashians.

Interestingly, ghetto culture is inherently more hierarchical and therefore actually more conservative and less accepting and open minded than the first, second and third wave feminism that came before it. Intereatibg enough, based on what I have read, third wave was actually founded by the punk rock scene and emphasized things like body positivity, non gender binaryness and the non-existence of universals. Which is a technical philsophocal term that refers to metaphysical existence of generalizations. They argue that everything is subjective in one way or another, and therefore not all women can be considered similar to each other. Nor does there need to be general statements accross genders. And that sort of thing. But around the 2009-2012 era a lot of that was rolled back and undone. Looks became a matter of importance and judgment.

Tinder became central to fourth wave feminism. And, essentially, heriarchies based on looks and whether or not one conformed to expected hip-hop cultural norms were enforced and used as judgments to rank people's worth.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

2544
  • Creepazoid
    Lol i think im gonna follow you now
  • incelposting
    Short men will never be loved
  • BronzedAdonis
    I agree
  • Ew no, if you are a fat fuck no mercy for you.
  • Anonymous
    Youโ€™re free to become the new male Lizzo and write woke rap songs about how great it is that youโ€™re overweight, short, balding and have a limp dick. Any. Time. You. Want.
  • Anonymous
    Lol not at all
  • Anonymous
    i think men should be helping themselves because these incompetent loser feminists can't even help their own gender. seeing the way feminists have ruined lives of two generations of women, i'm glad they're not defending me
    • I thank postfeminists a lot. They dont ruin my life

• Anonymous

@shinka1y234 you're still young. wait till you become 40 and still single. don't blame men then it's feminists fault

• Anonymous
    You should not apologize for saying what you have to say about feminism. It needs to be called out for what it is... hatred, sexism and hypocrisy... and you are doing that. Keep up the good work bro, and don't let the feminist haters get under your skin. They don't like the spotlight being shined on their shit, but it needs to be done.
  • Anonymous
    Funny how feminists fight tooth and nail against men organizing to address mens issues because feminism is "supposed" to solve everything, then they turn around and say "... why does feminism have to fight for that? if you and other men care about male body positivity then all of you should simply do something about it."

Fucking hypocrites. Get out of our way already.
    • Y'all making things up now. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Wow it's almost as if feminism is for females. No one is stopping men from organizing for rights they already have or even a higher pay scale that they already have. If you really cared then you would be putting things into motion and setting up rallies instead of complaining anonymously.

• Anonymous

Now you're bullshitting... feminists actively prevent men from advocating for ourselves...

www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2699740