10 Things That I Am Grateful For

Be Grateful, and Spread the Love!
Be Grateful, and Spread the Love!

1. I am alive.

I am very grateful that the forces of nature have made me conscious in this body. My consciousness allows me to move within my environment, consuming organic matter and reacting to beneficial or harmful stimuli. It also allows me to remember the past and plan for the future. I try to enjoy every moment of my life, even on the days when I'm down in the dumps. Bad memories and unsavory experiences help me become a better person.

2. I have a full-time job.

I work a full-time job, 40 hours a week, with a health insurance package and free meals. I love my job. My job is stressful at times: a bossy boss, job accidents, clueless clients, etc. But, these stresses of life are actually life-changing moments. They help me become a better employee, so that I keep my job for as long as possible and get paid for as long as possible.

3. I live close to work.

I live extremely close to work, and I am quite fortunate with that. This really cuts my driving time. My workplace is about 10-15 minutes away from my house by car.

4. I live with my parents.

I live with my parents in the same old childhood home. This really cuts my living expenses.

5. The public library is very close to me.

The public library is within walking distance. By walking, it'd take me about 1 hour. By biking, it'd take me about 30 minutes. By driving, about 10-15 minutes, I guess.

I just love my public library. It has books, audiobooks, videos, magazines and newspapers, new materials, online materials, online databases, and a collection of resources for the community.

6. My own little town is remodeling.

There will be new business venues and apartments and hotels in the neighborhood, and those urban-y shopping and residential areas would be connected to the old part of town, transforming the family-home suburb into a cozy city.

7. My neighborhood is relatively safe.

The roads and streets are safe for night-driving. There are street lamps along the roads. The neighborhood is stocked with single-family homes and apartments catered to middle-class and upper-middle-class professionals. High education and high affluence are negatively correlated with crime rates. Happier people are much less likely to commit crime than the less happy.

8. GirlsAskGuys

GirlsAskGuys provides an area in which we can share ideas and experiences with the world.

9. I have modest accommodations.

I am a relative cheapskate - something that I inherited from my immigrant parents. I don't have many desires other than making sure the bills and taxes are all paid and being a law-abiding citizen. My own parents are being more than generous to allow me to live in their house, which helps me save money for my own future career.

10. I love myself

I am blessed with this physical body, the only body that I have, my physical health and well-being, and my life experiences (good and bad). Even the perceived "bad experiences" actually led to positive outcomes, when I re-considered what I did and became a better person. Every moment of my life has shaped who I am today.

10 Things That I Am Grateful For
4
5

Most Helpful Guys

• Anonymous
    1. I am grateful that I am a millionaire
    2. I am grateful that I have a girlfriend that is perfect for me
    3. I am grateful for all of my fans all over the world
    4. I am grateful that I have the exact life that I want
    5. I am grateful I am happy
    6. I am grateful for my best friend
    7. I am grateful that I have control over my life
    8. I am grateful for all of my success
    9. I am grateful for all the love in my life
    10. I am grateful that I can be 100% myself all the time and people love it
    Is this still revelant?
  • alance99
    Nice take, i hope your life gets even better 🙂🙂
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• DiamondHu
    1. That I'm not immortal.

Can't think of anymore, sorry.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Daniela1982
    I'm glad you appreciate life as many don't.t
    Is this still revelant?
    • Yuri1970

Love the shirt. Having served in Iraq (2005) and other hot spots, I know a LOT of soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen that have/had trouble re-adapting to everyday life at home. Nobody will ever understand what we went through unless you were there yourself. What pushes us farther away from society is how we're treated once we separate/retire from active duty. Being told to "get over it" becomes really tiresome really quick.

Suicide isn't selfish; it's (unfortunately) what some turn to to make the mental/physical pain stop.

• @Yuri1970 You are well aware of how many servicemen preform suicide. They just don't get the help they need or just can't adjust back to civilian life. Everyone knows the VA is a joke.

• Yuri1970

Sadly, I am well aware.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

32
  • diphylleiagrayi
    numbers 1 and 10 are important to still be in this world.
  • DizzyDesii
    Wow sounds like my twin. Nice take
  • Syrian_survivor
    Wholesome and beautiful ♥️
  • Asad1ONE1
    Aww how cute
  • gator12
    Same here