Guns Aren't The Problem, Violent Criminals Are!

Guns Arent The Problem, Violent Criminals Are!

With the latest mass shootings there's been a lot of talk again about how guns and people's right to bear arms should be abolished.

But do you ever question why the media mass reports these mass shootings and not other crimes that didn't involve guns? Or why the media doesn't mass report the times a legal conceal and carry citizen saved their life or the lives of others ?

People weigh in and throw their opinions around. Some who don't even live in the US, but even those that do, are you basing your opinions on real facts and truths or what you're being fed by media and those with a political agenda?

So here are some real truths.

These are some examples of where a gun actually saved lives:

The full stories examples above and more can be found here:

https://www.heritage.org/firearms/commentary/11-more-examples-how-firearms-save-gun-owners-lives-property

And these are examples of people being killed where guns were not involved and maybe if these victims had carried a gun they could possibly still be alive today:

And maybe if this woman had had a gun in her home, maybe her and her two little girls would still be alive today:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/skbaer/milwaukee-triple-murder-boyfriend-arrested

If you read the article, you'll see it's another instance where three people were murdered without the use of a gun.

Taking guns away from people that should have a right to protect themselves is not the answer.

Stricter punishment for criminals is. These days it seems there's more concern for criminals and their rights than victims and theirs. But to me, if you kill someone, you surrender those rights.

And also, what message do you think that sends to criminals when people justify their behavior instead of condemning it?

People have suffered enough at the hands of criminals, and a failing justice system. Don't further trample the rights of innocent, hardworking, law abiding citizens by taking away their right to defend/protect themselves and their families!

As always,Thank you for reading β™₯️

"Brainsbeforebeauty"😘

58
10

Most Helpful Guys

• najekim
    Goes to show what I just put into a different post:

"Big media will not report the hundreds of times a year when a normal citizen stopped a serious crime using a firearm because it isn't shocking enough for ratings, isn't good for sensationalism, won't cause dim-witted knee jerk reactions, or goes against the liberal agenda to disarm the American public."

"The media does not want their followers to know that the number of times a firearm was used for good vastly outweighs the number of time a firearm is used for evil."

"Plus, they really like to vehemently blame an inanimate object than place the blame on the real problem, the person wielding it. For example, a few years ago when some guy barrelled through a crowd of people in France with a truck. Did the truck get blamed? No, the truck was only the object he used. The guy got rightfully blamed."

You get a gold star! :)
    Is this still revelant?
    • Lol really A Gold star? YAY me 🀣
      Seriously, I agree and I started the same thing on this post... Look at how many people get killed by drunk drivers, so should we make cars illegal or take drinking priveledges away from everyone. Taking guns away won't lessen crime, it'll lessen gun crimes but at the expense of more victims of people can't protect themselves.
      And changing gun laws don't have the affect on criminals, because criminals don't give a shit about the laws, if they did they wouldn't be criminals. I don't see how some people don't get that. If people read this whole take, they'd see some of those projects murdered were killed by being beaten to death, the woman and her two children, the boyfriend didn't have a gun, her beat her to death and then strangled both children to death and tried to burn their bodies. I'm sorry, someone like that should get the death penalty...

• Excuse all the typos πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ™„

• I personally don't see myself owning a gun, simply because I'd be too anixous. I'd rather have something I could do damage with, while being something that would not kill someone but be enough to stop them.

But I understand the value of shooting at a gun range for fun or having a gun collection. And even a gun for protection is ok but I'd choose to be more careful with it.

While it maybe unlikely, if it's in a shoebox somewhere it could be a little risky and prefer it's put into a safer place than that. Not a lock box per say but something like that...
    Is this still revelant?
    • berserk945

What were you thinking of instead?

Thats your decision and thats okay, but some forces that idea on others and call them evil if they don't comply.

• Jjpayne

I'm open to options like a taser or bat

• But if they have a gun, and you have a taser or bat, who do you think gonna win?
      The "you don't bring a knife to a gun fight" type moment

Most Helpful Girls

• Espresso-Grande
    Loved your myTake!!😍

It's much better "said" than a lot of firearm advocates I've heard.

It's not legal to carry any weapon where I live, but if it was, I'd definitely own a firearm to protect myself and family

Long story cut short - Years back, my sisters ex human's was physically abusive to her. And a male friend gave her some pepper spray to protect herself. Anyway, her ex husband pushed his way into her home and attacked her. She managed to grab her spray and sray him in the eyes. She ended up getting arrested for it. But if she hadn't, she'd either be dead or have ended up in hospital, like before.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Thank you! πŸ’› I'm glad she's safe πŸ™πŸΌ But wait, why did she get arrested? See that's the problem, people get in trouble for protecting themselves... It's crazy to me...

• She got arrested because he called the cops.

Typo ex **husband ** not ex "human" πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• The cops didn't care about why she sprayed him with the pepper spray. She didn't have time to call the cops either. They wouldn't have arrived on time to help her.

Like they say" when seconds count, the police are minutes away"
      We should be able to protect ourselves and our own family.

• Elliegirl
    I could say so much about all of this, but I’ll give the short version. I agree with you and believe guns aren’t the problem. Taking them away or restricting access to them (including that stupid proposal to require guns be locked or have a trigger lock on them in the home and ammunition be stored separately from the firearms wtaf 😱) would create a bigger problem. I won’t even start about the right to protect ourselves against a tyrannical government.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

856
  • Anonymous
    I'm not against owning guns, but I think that most developed countries have some requirements to allow a person to buy one for a good reason. It's crystal clear that a psycho getting free access to a gun is a perfect recipe for disaster but somewhy a lot of people are still in denial about it.
    • Anonymous

If I were to buy my own gun, I'd have to visit a psychiatrist before I get the green light to acquire and register my gun. Bullying exists everywhere, criminals also have guns everywhere, but isn't it curious that most mass shootings are caused by highly mentally troubled people and not filthy criminals?

• The ones in my area are more crime related.

• Anonymous
    Why do other countries have low crime rates compared America,?
    • About 2% percent of the US population commits over half the crime and specifically violent crime in the USA. If this was corrected, the violent crime rate in the USA would be among the lowest in the world.

• Anonymous
    TMDR. But I only wish to ask... Which one is easier to get rid of?
    • Violent criminals would be easier to get rid of... But nah that's inhumane... Far better to clothe em feed em at tax payers expense and then hey let em out to commit more crimes πŸ™„πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

• Anonymous
    Well said!
    • Thank you. And thank you for reading πŸ’›

• Anonymous

No problem!