Covid - One Year Later - And how it changed me, my mindset, and my attitude - probably for the worst.

legalboxers

Picture it.. 2020.. New York City..

The year was 2020.

My City. New York City. Center of the WORLD (#sorrynotsorry SORRY TEXAS, When you get the attractions we get, then you can talk). A desolate city..

And This...

Seeing this.. The death upon death. Bosses I knew who passed who I worked with on the department, to people who I worked with contracting it, to closer to home, my ex girlfriends mother, to my other ex (who I wrote about ad nausem) about who died from this. This changed your mindset. People dying all around you.

People walking around wearing this:

You did not know what was going on. Did not know when you were going to be next.

So while all this was going on, dumb ass me finds a sliver of hope in this hell

But the relationship I was in was the hell on Earth (both at home and with her). A rock and a hard place. So thinking that there is somehow, somewhere I can find a silver lining.. Only silver lining I got was I made it out with my life, and my family still in tact and not affected by the virus.

So how has it changed me? The mentality of people who live here, who they "LISTEN" to, and the actions taken.

You had this..And This..

You had people DYING from this. Mothers, Fathers, Sisters, Brothers, Daughters, Sons, NEIGHBORS, FRIENDS, COWORKERS.. And YET..You wanted to keep shit open. To go against Social Distancing, and you INSULT, INTIMIDATE, AND ASSAULT Someone because your TALKING HEADS are calling Covid a FUCKING JOKE.

How did it change me? It made me hate people more than I normally do. Im still going to wear my mask, you can lie to me and tell me your vaccinated. I dont want to see your card, I dont want to see proof. Thats your business...

(AS OF THIS AFTERNOON - 1400 HRS - 6/3/21 - .44% Positivity Rate NYC)

3
5
3Girl Opinion
5Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Thanks for sharing your MyTake well written and I liked reading it :) Best Wishes
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• BlacklightShade
    America is so divided that I don't know if it can survive the next 20 years.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

24
  • menina
    This is one of the best takes I've ever seen. One year later, we still have people who are against lockdowns, restrictions, masks and vaccines. Unbelievable! 🤦
  • haooy
    I live in India, and during the first wave I am probably one of the person you would have hated, didn't believe in the virus much, got the virus and got well within days, hated people who wore mask (still don't believe they work), though always maintained social distancing and wore mask for the sake of people's satisfaction. But this year totally changed my prospective, seeing people getting sick, people in my community and even in my family, it gave an anxiety attack and at nights I used to walk to mum and dad's room when they sleep just to check on them and later finding myself not able to sleep at all. This has fairly changed my prospective on life and how much I reflect the love I have for people around me.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.
  • Pogi-Paddy-2
    @legalboxers This has to be the GREATEST MyTake I have ever seen here on GaG. As a Covid-19 survivor who spent 33 days in an ICU on a ventilator, it still amazed me how many people bought into the whole "the coronavirus is a hoax." I am full vaccinated and I still wear a mask in public.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORDS.
  • DJB72
    As someone who had my life changed by contracting Covid-19:

THANK YOU
  • bulletbob555
    It sure changed me. I then spent too much time by myself at home. I did have a dog to keep me company. She got hit by a car. So with her gone and really truly spending too much time home alone its been he'll. Before I could travel short of long trips, I could go visit people, shop just to have something to do. During pandemic that wasn't an option.
    Now that we are coming out I do find a ceartain amount of frustration when I go out and things aren't as wide open as I want and expected. lost my best buddy my dog my mom. It was a big year for personal loss. Loss also of freedom and mobility
  • kidvid80
    things- mainly people have so radically changed in the last year, its crazy. i mean how they treat one another how they speak to one another the self entitlement etc. i dont think we will ever really go back to that normal people have really changed so much with how nasty they are. the pandemic both brought out the worst in people and the best there was no in between. my job never stopped as a caregiver and people i really saw who they truly were and i won't forget how nasty, cruel, abusive, down right selfish a lot of them were for zero reason. i have no family, no one. i didn't act like a loon, push and shove, yell at people over toilet paper or lysol? so many people dont realize how lucky they are to have the family, the support they had sitting at home when some of us dont have that at all. this whole world needs to get back to basics and appreciate the small things in life as well as what they have at this very moment.
    • menina

"so many people dont realize how lucky they are to have the family, the support they had sitting at home when some of us dont have that at all. " - That's exactly what I think.

• kidvid80

@menina absolutely my friend

• menina

I understand you my friend.