Do you think humans would become a mono-race in the future and would racism vanish then?

Mono race = In this context mono race means that's only one race among the humanity because of a lot of interracial relationships mixing us so we becomes one single race. That means no Caucasian, Asian, black etc.
Do you think humans would become a mono-race in the future and would racism vanish then?#MonoRacial #Race #HumanEvolving

• Yes, it would be a mono race and racism would vanish
  • Yes, it would be a mono race, but racism would be a bit different
  • No, it won't be a mono race and it would stay how it's now
    Vote C
  • No, but humans can evolve in other ways
    Vote D
  • Other (Explain what and why)
    Vote E
Select a gender to cast your vote:

4896

What Girls Said 48

• Dude people would just find something else to bitch about. Racism isn't the problem, the problem is that humans have some weird need to feel superior and will find or make up all kinds of shit to put themselves over others. Even if you took race out of the equation, society would just find some other factor to divide themselves over and fight about.

• 4d

people should evolve enough to stop wanting to be superior, and prefer being more humble, then

• No.
    Most racism is not even between races or for racial differences.
    For example, there is a LOT of racism within races, with east Indians coming to mind the most. Where the idea of how you are allowed to marry fellow indians of the 'right caste' continues to this day.

So.. that's a valid point to consider if maybe, once we have truly become just one massive race, maybe racism will be done for. Which I highly doubt, though, seeing as how much of an issue caste/cultural/religious differences seem to be quite the grounds for discrimination. Also, lets not forget how even within the same race, not everyone will be of the same lightness/darkness and there will be racism faced by the darker bunch by people of the same race.

• 4d

That was in past when in West used burn persons claiming they are witches.

• 4d

@lala_ray I never said that India is a racist country? It's not like India is the only country that has a caste ladder, or intraracial racism. I mean, my boyfriend is southeast Asian and it's insane how much 'racism' there is within that race as well. As for African countries, I've had no first-hand experience in terms of friends who are black telling me about it but I'm sure we've all heard about the whole 'light-skinned' versus 'dark-skinned' issue within the black community.

• 4d

Hey I am not accusing you of saying something... I am sorry if I sound like that... I am working on my English right now.. I know racism exists everywhere... all I wanted to say is caste based discrimination is almost nowhere now a days and it has nothing to do with skin colour.

• More and more possible of people blending together, but there would hardly be a mono race...
    Since that would entail they're all very similar... which will never happen.

What will happen, probably, is they'll all be very different, but with similar skin coloring...

And the racism would be far worse, I would think... Why? I think when the differences aren't as obvious as skin color, they will begin to nitpick and judge others harsher on the basis of looks - so then maybe people with light eyes would be the predominantly more attractive and people with dark eyes won't be... Or people with curly hair would be more appealing than those with straight...
    And the ones with curly hair and light eyes would be the most beautiful...

(I'm just spit-balling here... No way to know what will truly be the most attractive trait in later history... But this is a logical way of looking at what might be.)

• As much as I wish we didn't become mono race (I love our differences, we look different and each race has beautiful special features) I think in a far away future we will. But I think racism can still happen in different ways like maybe they will discriminate people with lighter hair, or curly hair, or freckles, dark eyes... I mean even a same race has different trait right? If every human is mixed some with have a race in different areas maybe caucasian eyes, African American hair, middle eastern nose, and another person will have native American hair, caucasian skin, and African American nose. And then people may see some superior than the other... Am I explaining myself? There are always gonna be ignorant people I think. I dunno.

• There is no such biological thing as race. Humans are all already related to one another. We differentiated in appearance through regional evolution. We will continue to evolve. Physical traits that make a person most adapted to his/her environment will continue to be passed down.

• If the world does become a melting pot over time (which is predicted it will be), then yes we would eventually all have similar colouring. But that won't stop discriminating in other ways. People will still have issues with The Straight-Haired People or the Freckled Poeple. Humans will still be different enough in some ways to find some reason to separate each other. I voted B.

• 4d

That's exactly what I was thinking about! People need compassion, inderstanding, receptiveness and love towards the people who are different than them. And knowledge about their culture

• 4d

That's not racism though. But I do agree, people will probably start to emphasize those small differences even more as there will be less features to differentiate people.

• 4d

@Kkaos Hence why I said discrimination.

• Humans are always going to find ways to put certain groups down. "You're from the East side? Shit you must be poor/dumb", "you went to that school? You must be poor/dumb", "errr you do that kind of job? you must be lazy/poor/dumb"

• Not in our lifetime anyway
    And well you'd be surprised how homogeneous some cultures still are. Japan and Korea are still mostly "pure" for example or at least mostly Asian

I think it would need racism to be gone in order for it to be possible to get to a "monorace" and possibly it would require a monorace for racism to go away

And by the end of the day if it's not race, it's something else. We're a tribal species and we like to keep company of the people that are like us and be suspicious of those that aren't

• Will people become more mixed? Yes. It was just a few decades ago in the US where whites & blacks procreating was illegal. As we continue moving away from that, we'll see more and more mixed children. Will that stop racism? Definitely not. Will it affect it? Yes. Racism is an ideology, a way of thinking. Racism only stops when the mentality of it being logical stops. Even in people who are mixed with many races, you'll still be able to tell most of the time which race is more prominent on them. That's how racism is. Racists don't pull out and examine your genetic paperwork. They judge by what they see and if what they see is subhuman based on their opinions, then racism is still capable.

• I doubt that discrimination against outsiders would go away entirely. It's an animal instinct to mistrust those that we don't know. It's not one that we have succeeded in getting rid of. As a general rule, humans fear that which is not exactly like them. It's not quite the recipe for tolerance.

• The thought that we will become a mono-race is depressing. It means people won't have a national identity. Knowing where you come from and who is your ancestors is a part of your personal identity. Whole cultures and traditions would be lost, such as greek tradition, religions as well. It's a possible scenario due to globalization, the internet and mainstream culture. But I hope it won't happen. The way to end racism is not to eliminate differences. Hitler wanted to eliminate differences, and for one race to remain. Those thoughts are dangerous. The way to end racism is to show compassion to others, accept them all as brothers and sisters, and be open to the people who think differently than you. Learning about other cultures is also a way to understand them better, and consequently to be more receptive.

• even if this happens... people will find a new thing to make fun of others

• No, people would find a way. It'd probably become more like China or India where people are thought of well or badly because of certain features. The 'prettier' ones would be boosted in society while everyone else just goes on with their life.

• People will always judge you no matter how you look even though it's the main reason why people judge in the first place unfortunately.

I think we're going to be more mixed in the future than we are now, we do evolve without even thinking about how.

• I'm sure people will find ways to be dicks and discriminate others. In my country, up to 15 years ago we had no black people (apart from a few adopted ones) and people were still discriminated against for something or other.

• hi and hmmm, my first thoughts were my children, 14 and 11 and if i consider their vision it would be one human race irrelevant of anything else and that all should be treated equally. Especially the younger one, anything at all that goes against respect for each other drives her to distraction.. i appreciate her beliefs are founded by several factors some of which are through school and media in the positive sense but she is so upset that her Bulgarian friend suffers racism and hates her skin colour and is insecure. So if people of that age are still projecting hurt it troubles me really that despite all that is portrayed to us what has really changed? xx

• its the people that go on about racism that keep it alive. hush and let it die.

• 3d

thats a start but home teaching and what that teach in them history book need to be re written with the truth.. teach oir youth the true. as long as we the people are lie to more hate and blood will shed

• 3d

yes, i agree it teaches hate. like how the whole slavery thing leaves out the big part about how Africans sold their own people to the white americans.

• It's a nice concept really, but I highly doubt this would be the case with the whole world. Only in melting pot countries such as the United States. Besides, how boring would the world be if we all looked the same. Our physical differences are what make us beautiful.

• There has always been one race- the human race. There isn't a lot of DNA variation to group humans into groups.

• 4d

@FreedomByChoice scientifically completely outdated since the discovery of DNA.
      If some people think old science is better than new they should consult druides and shamans. Or maybe try to find what Neandertahlers and Cromagnon people believed in.

• 4d

@jacquesvol ''consult druides and shamans''

kind of laughed at that but dude, all shamans are not created equally.

• i think its more likely that mono race would be achieved by one race eliminating all the others... various ethnicities have tried this over the ages without any resounding successes, someone's going to have to be able to put together a string of successes at some point in time

• No, I think there would still be black, white, Asian etc people. There are billions of black people in africa that don't marry outside of their race. same goes for asia & Europe. Humans might become a mono-race in America though and i feel like they would look more black than white or Asian.

• I do agree that many have come to move forward in interracial relationships/marriages. According to Mr. Russel Peter's, in about 300 years from now, we'll become beige (https://youtu. be/77Jl59DZ2C4). So if we don't want that to happen... we should all be for mixing races that usually don't mix... cause how boring would our world be if we all looked the same 😂

• We'd probably become extinct before that happens. But say that never happens, then mono-race is bound to happen. But personally, I think racism will still exist. We will probably become much more technologically advanced so we'd provably be more pickier in terms of racism. Rather than judging merely by physical features, we can probably judge someone by their generic makeup. With that line of thought, those with a more lineage of the superior race will be favored than others.

• we already are a mono race... the human race. and i dont think so im sure theyd find a way to make it exist

• 4d

Oh wow! Award for most cheesiest, miss America moment. Gag

• 4d

of course when you get personal family will always matter and yea of course it can go the other way around but we are talkin about value your skin color makes no difference its just a pigment it means nothing

• 4d

plus a total stranger can become family to you just like family can mean nothing soooo yea

• I think in many years it will be a mono race but I don't think racism would be dead just different. They would always find a ways to be racist.

• 2d

Even if it's one mono race I doubt everyone will look exactly the same so I think they would be feature more desired than the other who can maybe lead to racism.

• That sounds boring though. I want to taste the rainbow.

• Humans will always find a way to group together and annihilate one another.. its what we do.

• I think that if ever mono-race applies, racism technically vanishes, but another discrimination might arise.

• Nope, unfortunately racism is always going to be a thing, its just one of those things that's always been around.

• 4d

I don't think you're understanding the question, it would be impossible for there to be racism if everyone was the same race.

• 4d

@_caaaaaaam Curiously, your argument focuses on ensuring that progress has prevented us from acting violently, or at least in a way so violent as to endanger our existence. But you could not contain yourself in a simple debate and you have insulted the other person. If you feel so proud of your education, I think the best way to show it is by having respect.

I hope you do not feel angry with me, I have nothing against you, I just think we can debate without treating us badly. Sorry if my English is very bad, I lean on the translator. I hope you understand my point.

• 4d

@_caaaaaaam Does anyone here know what racism means? It's impossible for there to be racism if there is only one race. The very definition of racism refers to the belief that one race is superior to another race or someone will act a certain way just because of their race. If we're all the same race, it's impossible to have those beliefs.

People may become pickier, but that's just people becoming more judgmental. It has nothing to do with race.

• And what we will look like? Caucasian? Asian? Black?

• 4d

What do you think? Would humans become a mono race in the future and would racism vanish?

• 3d

sorry who knew *

• 3d

I think maybe bcause of China s population? They everywhere

• More from Girls
    18

What Guys Said 96

• Yes, this is what scientists expect will happen if we assume there won't be any major catastrophes that wipe out humanity or a large part of it. However, it will take a long time for this process to be completed. Estimates talk about the year 3,000 or 3,500... so it's not something that we or our children will get to experience.

Humans of the year 3,000 will likely have a mix of features from different races. They will have a slightly brownish (caramel) skin tone and darkish hair. Their eyes will probably have become bigger through natural selection in order to improve visual ability and their jaws might be smaller and rounder because they won't have to process very hard foods anymore (less chewing). Researchers also believe that future humans will be slightly taller, reaching around 1.90m on average. The Asian stub nose might survive but the folded eyelid will likely die out. Lips will probably be rather full. Some scientists also believe that men's genitals will be slightly bigger because this is a process that has been going on for thousands of years now (natural selection).

Apart from that, the people of the year 3,000 will also speak different languages and possibly believe in different things than we do. Their English would not be recognizable to us anymore or only with great effort, just like Old English must be studied like a foreign language in order to be understood.

I am assuming that racism as we know it will not exist anymore since racial differences won't exist anymore either. Humans will still look different but the differences will be much slighter than today.
    However, this doesn't mean there won't be any discrimination anymore. I am certain that people and societies will find new ways of forming in-group and out-group feelings and discriminating certain people. My guess is that socio-economic factors will play a larger and larger factor during the coming decades and centuries. I could imagine a world like in "Brave New World", where people are grouped into different classes, according to how wealthy and how educated they are.
    But then again, a lot can happen in 1,000 years and it's almost impossible to make any accurate predictions whatsoever. Just imagine the people of the Middle Ages would have had to predict the year 2017. I'm sure they would have miserably failed.
    And some people such as Stephen Hawking don't even believe we'll make it to the year 3,000.

• 5d

You says people would maybe get a smaller jawline, have a slightly brownish skin, kinda dark hair etc. So do that mean humans would maybe look like these people on the picture I put in the question? : )

• 5d

Maybe. I was thinking more like Brazilians but I guess this is also possible. In the end, it's almost impossible to say because it depends on many different factors. One factor is certainly genetics: which traits are dominant, which are recessive. Another factor is genome engineering. For example: will people start to influence how we look buy interfering with science? Another factor is natural selection: which traits will be necessary/helpful and which won't be? And I'm sure there are other factors to this... I'm not an anthropologist ;-).
      The natural selection factor will probably have the smallest influence because evolution just doesn't work that fast. But maybe in 10,000 years or 100,000 years, evolution might have dramatically changed the way humans look.

• There is some potential for what you describe but geography will always isolate parts of the world and maintain their ethnic purity.

• I say NEVER. While there are more interracial relationships today than in the 50s, people, most couples are still of the same race. It's just natural to gravitate more to someone who is similar to you, specifically, the same race as you. You always see this in couples even today. It's not going away

• Nope, maybe only in the Americas and Australia but not in the whole world.

• Rasism is just another illusion of difference. Don't get me wrong, someone dark skinned is obviously physically different than me, but it's not a difference in worth. What causes so much conflict between people is that we think we ARE our differences. As long as we think we ARE our EXPERINECE there will be conflict. Nationalities, religions, diets - as long as we strongly identify as being something that others aren't, there's conflict.
    Black people think they are their race. White people think they are their race. We aren't. We experience it. The absurdity is that we hate on each other for having a different experience.
    Hate based on such dumb things will obviously change if there's just one race, but manifest in other areas anyways.

We must realize that we are all one. One clan of lives, experiencing. Animals, all people, plants, we all live - and that makes us all be in a shared situation. We are all in this together - life.
    Who the fuck wants to waste it on hating, torturing, bullying and killing those with a different experience?

• You can't abolish racism, that would also require abolishment of all race love. When people are indifferent, neither hate or love, then racism would be gone. You can't control what people think and feel. I don't support racists, but they have the right to say what they want, thats the point that anyone no matter how ridiculous can say what they want. If they act on it, that can be punishable.

Having a mono race is just like HItler's idea. That is a master race, and who gets to decide what race we all become? That is a terrible idea.

• No because Dark skin is a dominant trait and light skin is a recessive meaning that no matter what you do their will always be people with dark skin and others with light skin. You can reduce the ratio but you can't remove the genes, same with blue eyes, its recessive and as such if both parents have a recessive gene for it then their is a high probability of the child having blue eyes, that never goes away so while the ratio of people with blues eyes may not be high it will still have the same chances of occurring no matter how intermixed people become. The other issue is that in order for people to be one race we would have to constantly be introducing new people as even if you could introduce one "mixed"(we are all mixed technically) race into a region, eventually it will with limited gene pool and environmental factors become a separate group with its own unique genetic traits. You would have to constantly force different groups into the region over and over again to ensure every one stays mixed which would be highly impractical and unlikely. As for racism, their is minimal racism in the world today, its often over stated (to an extreme) however racism will never go away because the issue isn't race (scientifically speaking their is no such thing as race) its tribalism. We naturally gravitate to groups with similar cultures and people who look similar to us. Notice how subgroups dress the same, use similar terms etc?(like punk rockers, metal heads, business men and political groups) That's because we gravitate to similarity so the issue isn't race its tribalism and that's genetic so its not really going anywhere, the only thing that can be done is to be aware of it.

• I don't believe that the human race will become a monorace and I think its better that way, we want a salad bowl, not a melting pot thats what I always say. Mix cultures but dont blend them all into one that just destroys all the cultures and history from before ya know? However, that being said, if humans were to become a monorace, Im sure we'd still be able to find something to be racist about. Racism is less about wanting to hurt another race than it is about wanting your own race to feel better. Thus, if someone wants to feel better than another bc of their race, they will find a way. Maybe eye color or heritage, who knows. Racism or anything like it will never go away thats a part of human nature.

• I'm going to have to say that racism will not cease to exist. I also don't believe that there will ever be just one race. Especially when considering an atavism can occur at any point making a race that was long to believed to be gone to come back. Even in the hypothetical that there was only one race us humans will find something else to discriminate against. We, as a species, have an innate sense of being better. We, as a species, will always find something wrong with another to make ourselves appear better/superior the other. There may rise a culture where straight hair is the desired trait while curly haired individuals are 2nd class citizens and in another culture on the other side of the planet the reverse could be true.

• Racism is just a small subset of a much bigger issue of discrimination. It's just the buzz topic the media and society focuses on. It's like one flake in a bowl of cereal. There's lot of other reasons people will discriminate. What happened in Rwanda is a example.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWcKnp-e-ow

• Racism may not always exist... but there will always be forms of discrimination, whether it be by weight, height, level of physical fitness, intelligence, heritage, etc. There will never be a time when we do not discriminate in one way or another. That's one of the main reasons communism always falls apart in the places it's tried.

• People will find ways to hate each other for other things. It's our nature. Even in today's world it's easier to find us hating each other for things other than race, and I don't see that changing anytime in the near future.

So maybe racism would go away, but it would be replaced with something else. We already hate each other for the countries we were born in so that's one right there - doesn't matter what race you are some foreigners are going to hate you anyway

• people have always their own group preference.

just because they are of the same race does not mean that other groups don't hate each other.

look at Chinese and Japanese or Korean they're the same race but they've had problems throughout the years.

look at Africa they're all the same race but they're constantly killing each other over silly reasons different families Exedra

• Mino racial/ethnic? People would find something else to fight about. Did you know there was a major multi-year war over whether you should cross yourself right to left or left to right?

(Crossing yourself is where you touch your forehead, then your chest, then your shoulders).

• Thats not possible. Genes keep randomly mutating in completely unpredictable ways. The genes that help surivival in certain environments will cause them to be naturally selected. If we were to mix all races into one, genes will just continue mutating and getting naturally selected as well resulting in distinct groups once again.

• The short term solution is to eradicate the racial bias in our minds. I actually enjoy the fact that we are all different in color, size, language and ethnicity. That's what makes the world exciting!

Would you want to travel all the way to China to see people who look and act and speak exactly like you? How boring is that?
    I like the fact that there are people far different from myself that I can learn from.
    Remember what the French say: "vive la difference !"

www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/.../vive-la-difference

• people will always find a reason to discriminate.

• If we were one race, then yeah, probably we'd seen an end to racism... But sure as hell not prejudice. lol.

• Humans can't ever become a "mono-race" because the factors that led to the creation of races in the first place will always be present.

People who live closer to the equator will always be darker, while people who live further away will eventually lose the need for dark features.

Americans will become darker though, because the US is too much to the south for the average white person.

• It would be the human race, but I think you would have something different than racism, probably different social structure and cultural differences would still remain

• Mono Race simply cannot exist due to the genetic structure of human beings, the human random factor is big and hence Humanity survival depends on differences rather than Unity.
    for a start there will be limited definitions to human concepts such ass "smart, better, hard working... etc " those adjectives define our evolution and as long as we seek to be better , we can not be equals.
    descrimination cannot perish as many said above, it will always reshape and find it's own name.
    and as a good example last century wars were racial, this century its ideological. whatever what we are different.
    in contrast, i bellieve that more descrimination will exists with the increase bloom of human population

• genetically we are all mutts. mixed up with many different genetic cousins. will there be a singularly look race of people across the globe? maybe in a few hundred thousand years, provided we don't blow ourselves up, but people will always find an excuse to hate a group of people. unless we fundamentally change as people we'll never truly eliminate bigotry

• Actually, I think if everyone mixed almost evenly what would happen is we would still have exactly the same racial diversity in terms of looks but a couple's offspring would be more varied like 1 kid looks 'asian', one kid looks 'black', one kid looks 'white', etc. despite them having the same parents. Look at cases of couples who had twins where one looks white and the other looks black. I think race is an illusion to a huge degree but many people can't wrap their minds around it.

• 5d

And in cultures that are mostly one race they find something else to hate each other over. Could be as simple as eye color or finger length.

• I think mono race will happen, but not for tens of thousands of years, but we'll also change in other ways and those changes could be unique to different races.

• Humans ARE mono race and have always been: www.americananthro.org/.../Content.aspx

Racism is made up B. S.
    http://i.imgur.com/2V3QPU7.jpg

• There's already a mono "race".. there are different variations within the human race.. You're talkin about people perceiving the human race as a mono race because we would all look almost completely similar.. Which cannot happen because of the variation in human beings.. It continues to create more variation.. If you wanna go that route though.. Humans have been intermixing since the beginning, so yeah..

• world is too big. the whole idea of 'race' is simply a byproduct of differing environmental factors influencing the genetic makeup of different groups of people, largely based on region. If free international travel was ever to become a thing, sure, we would all meld into one race. But until then, distance is too big of a factor.

• Depends how long of a future we are talking about. If we are talking 50 years then no. If 300 years then probably yes. Though 300 years doesn't look realistic to the simple question of: will the human race even exist considering what kind of technological power and population size is going to ensue

• don't think so... fear the unknown... the common unite, the differences divide... if the race goes out the windows then there will still be the professions, wealth , influence, political affiliation, ideological affiliation, etc... a different perspective creates a different belief, a different belief creates a disagreement, a disagreement creates a divide. and the divide creates ignorance/tolerance/conflict
    ... by the way the question can be translated to "if the symptom is treated , would be the cause treated too?"
    (((tired-maybe nonsense)))

• mono race is possible. And as we grow our dna adapts the stronger traits of either of our parents.. this way.. as interrelations are mixing different races.. only the stronger traits of each race will survive in the end thus making humans perfect and it will theoretically remove all DNA flaws.. but this will take many centuries to accomplish.

• More from Guys
    66