Do you think humans would become a mono-race in the future and would racism vanish then?

Mono race = In this context mono race means that's only one race among the humanity because of a lot of interracial relationships mixing us so we becomes one single race. That means no Caucasian, Asian, black etc.
Do you think humans would become a mono-race in the future and would racism vanish then?#MonoRacial #Race #HumanEvolving
  • Yes, it would be a mono race and racism would vanish
  • Yes, it would be a mono race, but racism would be a bit different
  • No, it won't be a mono race and it would stay how it's now
    Vote C
  • No, but humans can evolve in other ways
    Vote D
  • Other (Explain what and why)
    Vote E

4896

Most Helpful Girl

• No.
    Most racism is not even between races or for racial differences.
    For example, there is a LOT of racism within races, with east Indians coming to mind the most. Where the idea of how you are allowed to marry fellow indians of the 'right caste' continues to this day.

So.. that's a valid point to consider if maybe, once we have truly become just one massive race, maybe racism will be done for. Which I highly doubt, though, seeing as how much of an issue caste/cultural/religious differences seem to be quite the grounds for discrimination. Also, lets not forget how even within the same race, not everyone will be of the same lightness/darkness and there will be racism faced by the darker bunch by people of the same race.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That was in past when in West used burn persons claiming they are witches.

• @lala_ray I never said that India is a racist country? It's not like India is the only country that has a caste ladder, or intraracial racism. I mean, my boyfriend is southeast Asian and it's insane how much 'racism' there is within that race as well. As for African countries, I've had no first-hand experience in terms of friends who are black telling me about it but I'm sure we've all heard about the whole 'light-skinned' versus 'dark-skinned' issue within the black community.

• Hey I am not accusing you of saying something... I am sorry if I sound like that... I am working on my English right now.. I know racism exists everywhere... all I wanted to say is caste based discrimination is almost nowhere now a days and it has nothing to do with skin colour.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, this is what scientists expect will happen if we assume there won't be any major catastrophes that wipe out humanity or a large part of it. However, it will take a long time for this process to be completed. Estimates talk about the year 3,000 or 3,500... so it's not something that we or our children will get to experience.

Humans of the year 3,000 will likely have a mix of features from different races. They will have a slightly brownish (caramel) skin tone and darkish hair. Their eyes will probably have become bigger through natural selection in order to improve visual ability and their jaws might be smaller and rounder because they won't have to process very hard foods anymore (less chewing). Researchers also believe that future humans will be slightly taller, reaching around 1.90m on average. The Asian stub nose might survive but the folded eyelid will likely die out. Lips will probably be rather full. Some scientists also believe that men's genitals will be slightly bigger because this is a process that has been going on for thousands of years now (natural selection).

Apart from that, the people of the year 3,000 will also speak different languages and possibly believe in different things than we do. Their English would not be recognizable to us anymore or only with great effort, just like Old English must be studied like a foreign language in order to be understood.

I am assuming that racism as we know it will not exist anymore since racial differences won't exist anymore either. Humans will still look different but the differences will be much slighter than today.
    However, this doesn't mean there won't be any discrimination anymore. I am certain that people and societies will find new ways of forming in-group and out-group feelings and discriminating certain people. My guess is that socio-economic factors will play a larger and larger factor during the coming decades and centuries. I could imagine a world like in "Brave New World", where people are grouped into different classes, according to how wealthy and how educated they are.
    But then again, a lot can happen in 1,000 years and it's almost impossible to make any accurate predictions whatsoever. Just imagine the people of the Middle Ages would have had to predict the year 2017. I'm sure they would have miserably failed.
    And some people such as Stephen Hawking don't even believe we'll make it to the year 3,000.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • You says people would maybe get a smaller jawline, have a slightly brownish skin, kinda dark hair etc. So do that mean humans would maybe look like these people on the picture I put in the question? : )

• Maybe. I was thinking more like Brazilians but I guess this is also possible. In the end, it's almost impossible to say because it depends on many different factors. One factor is certainly genetics: which traits are dominant, which are recessive. Another factor is genome engineering. For example: will people start to influence how we look buy interfering with science? Another factor is natural selection: which traits will be necessary/helpful and which won't be? And I'm sure there are other factors to this... I'm not an anthropologist ;-).
      The natural selection factor will probably have the smallest influence because evolution just doesn't work that fast. But maybe in 10,000 years or 100,000 years, evolution might have dramatically changed the way humans look.