Women, Is there toxic femininity?

Explain what toxic femininity is.Women, Is there toxic femininity?
Are toxic femininity and masculinity equally bad for society
  • Yes, toxic femininity exists
  • No, toxic femininity doesn't exist

3140

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't see why it cannot exist, we can conceptualize anything. It's just whether or not or concepts are correct or truthful.

I don't know if the idea has been developed. The only types of institutions producing thoughts related to gender subjects are generally the feminist studies of universities. These institutions are usually very idealogical, bias and the main thing feminism produces at the moment is man hating rhetoric. I don't know anywhere else these ideas would be developed. I don't think that such a development would even produce much success or validity, especially in practical utility. Like, feminism generally has no validity but it's really useful for throwing bricks at the car windows of men.

I would suggest that the basic oversimplified version of toxic masculinity is a failure. It looks at unfavourable male specific behaviour , attributes it to masculinity and POW! A bogus thesis is created. I don't think that the theories really have much relation to the concept of masculinity/femininity, at best the definitions pertain to behaviours among males/females in society. In that regard, stripped of relation to concepts of masculinity/fuemininity, it's generally acceptable, just a bit confusing. And I am sure that it's not hard to identify bad behaviours specific to women and then throw them under scrutiny of a femininity umbrella term.

Personally, I think that these terms should be used in a frame of psychological study. I don't think that it's reasonable to equate all female behaviours as femininity. Instead, the basis I would use is what behaviours or mindsets have been instigated directly or indirectly as a result of a people conforming to notions of societal standards of masculinity/femininity. So, like a man buying a motor cycle for no other reason than to look manly. Or at least something that would cut off the excess we see with stuff like man spreading being called toxic masculinity, which is neither toxic or masculine and has only one relation to gender and that is that men do or can do it.

I think among both sexes you can find a good long list of pathological mindsets and among those you will find people who act the way they do and can not act independantly from the indirect or direct influence of social constructions or other environmental social influences. I think that among women you will find people that shape their lives from the machinations of gender identities, in a way that is unorganic, superficial, and sacrificing of their authentic personality. Like I said before, there is a problem people have with wildly attributing everything a person can do with the gender they are identified as. And with the attention to detail removed, and the social ramifications that transpire as a result of viligication, damnation, or condenscention, I think our current ideas related to masculine/feminine ideas inevitably produce a public that is aroused with hatred, indignation and upheaval.

• Following up, thought about it. That basis is probably not good either. But my point remains the same otherwise. There should be an effort to make to make things more sensible.

• we can take the psychological concept of toxic masculinity and formulate a female version sure.
    ex.
    - a woman should be so submissive to a part that they allow themselves to be mistreated
    - a woman is so reliant on a male that they should feel that in a divorce they shouldn't work to be self-sufficient but still reliant on the former spouse

• Unfortunately, not doing that is still out of the norm in many societies and imposed on women in patriarchal societies.

Most Helpful Girls

• Hell yes! There's the whole complex some women have that they are better than men and can therefore control them. There's women who bitch and hate on other women rather than facing their own insecurities. There's loads of examples of toxic femininity, people are just too chicken shit to admit it.

• Good for you. You're brave. And one of those chicken shit pinks downvoted you.