Does school bullying play an important role in society?

As in, does a healthy society need school bullies and enemies in school, in order to create healthy adults?

Note: I am NOT asking "Do you like bullying?" or not; almost no one actually likes bullies. Nor do I care about your morality, either.

I am asking "DOES VERBAL SCHOOL BULLYING AND NAMECALLING PLAY AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN DEVELOPING CHILDREN INTO BECOMING WHO THEY ARE AS ADULTS IN A HEALTHY SOCIETY?"

Doesn't even have to be actual "bullying," but mocking or teasing someone. I am mostly talking about verbal bullying and maybe some light physical contact, like wedgies and stuff. I'm not really talking about fist fights and serious violence in schools, nor am I talking about death threats or trying to get children to off themselves. Obviously, there's a point of going too far. I'm not talking about that.

I strongly believe, yes, bullying or pushback served a role in balancing the social hierarchy for children.

"Bullying is a natural part of a balanced society. The negative to counterbalance the positives in life and make you appreciate them more. Like the predators that hunt prey in the wild. They may not be 'good' in the eyes of some people, but they definitely served a purpose. By either teaching kids how to defend themselves against those that would seek to oppress them. Or by putting the feckless and weak in their place so we don't get a generation of Millhouses on social media who think they can disrespect people without consequences. Bullies also often got put in their place as well, so they too don't grow up to become corporate D-bags and managers who disrespect people in workplaces like EA and Activision-Blizzard. When you remove bullying from an entire society for 25 years, you get Millennials and Twitter. Do you really want to live in a world where kids grow up to become Blue Checkmarks?" - MCheetah (off GAG)
Yes; regardless of them being 'good' or not for society, mocking, teasing, and bullying played an important role in the social hierarchy of children and helping to develop who they'd become as adults.
No, I don't think teasing or bullying was ever useful in any way and that society is better off without anyone ever disagreeing with, mocking, or teasing other children in school.
Select gender and age to cast your vote:
Updates
+1 y
Regarding myself... I went to a suburban high school full of weaklings and nerds. While I had an abusive mother at home and was borderline suicidal. No one really bullied each other at my school, but one kid tried to bully me. I pinned my elbow against his throat onto a locker and told him I was the type who'd follow him home and slit his throat in his sleep while he least suspected it. He never bothered me again. So while I could've easily been bullied, I wasn't exactly "sane" in high school.
Post Opinion