I really do like football and my favourite league is Premier League by far. It's the most interesting league and anything can happen. Every match is interesting and from the top of the football world. I want to bring you some stats about how much are football teams worth in Premier League versus La Liga (Spain).
In La Liga the total budget of the teams is slightly over 5 billion €. Here's what's interesting:
Barcelona (budget of 1.14bn €), Real Madrid (budget of 0.968bn €), Atletico Madrid (budget of 0.807bn €) and Valencia (budget of 0.427bn €) make about 3.4 billion € of that budget. It means that these four teams make about two thirds of the total budget and the rest 16 teams make about one third.
You can see these differences in the pitch as well. For example Barcelona won SD Huesca last weekend 8-2. Those numbers were actually really admiring for Huesca, since it could have been easily like 12-0. You can't blame them for that, because they have a budget of 31 million euros. It means that Barcelona's Messi and Coutinho worth together 10 times more than the whole Huesca team.
In the Premier League the total budget is slightly over 8 billion €. 4 the most expensive teams are City, Liverpool, United and Chelsea. Those teams have an overall budget of about 3.6 billion €, which is around 45% of the whole league's budget. So the rest 16 teams have 55% of the budget, instead of 1/3 like in the La Liga. There's only 2 teams (Cardiff and Huddersfield), which have a budget of under 0.16bn €. That really shows in the pitch and any score is always possible in the Premier League.
I hope you didn't find this boring, but those budgets are a really major factor behind results.