My Life In Sports And My Opinion Of The Game Of Baseball.

Hispanic-Cool-Guy

To start, Baseball is such a whack and dull name for a sport (its fitting actually) and someone on here possibly is going to get offended since she loves baseball (but she will get over it 😏).

I grow up playing baseball as a kid, I liked it a lot and was a big fan too, but American Football is where my passion was and still is since Football is more exciting and involves physical contact which I like.

I was an OK baseball player as a kid, since the pitcher throw the ball slow and I can actually see it and hit it.

I quit baseball though, because I asked my mom can I play football and basketball when baseball season is over and she said "No" because according to her basketball is for tall people (keep in mind all the other kids were my height since we were only 9 or 10 years old).

And I can't play football because I was too skinny.

I got angry at mom and said I quit this baseball trash.

I felt my mom killed my football dream very early in life.

I can really play football in terms I can literally sling the ball easily 50 yards down field when in shape, very accurate and I don't throw whopply throws but sharp spirals constantly too.

I resumed to play baseball again around 13 or 14 years old I think, but now the pitchers throw a little bit faster and it was more challenging to hit the ball.

I played baseball in high school and practice team in college but I sucked.

I can't catch the ball because I'm scared it was going to hit me in my face, and I can't hit the ball because can't see a fastball because its coming too fast.

Afterwards, I lost track of all baseball activities, who are the players and good teams etc and rather focus on more fun sports like the NFL and NBA.

Baseball Lacks Dynamic And Luster.

Nearly everyone I have met, most of my friends always says that baseball is boring and I agree.

Its kinda boring to play since you can only be involved in the game if you are hitting once every 8 batters, pitching or catching or if you're lucky if the batter hits the ball in your direction so can touch the ball and make a play, otherwise you are just standing around doing nothing. 😐

As for watching baseball, forget it. I can enjoy going to a professional game because you can enjoy the other activities going on in the Stadium.

Moreover, watching baseball on TV is a death sentence.

I must've been crazy growing up because I used to actually watch a full game from start to finish.

I'm glad I woke the hell up coma. I don't know what was I thinking wasting my time watching it on TV. πŸ™„

Having Fun Is Frowned Upon.

One thing I seriously dislike and hate about baseball is that it's too damn traditional.

Its frowned upon to have fun or to show emotions.

Unlike football or basketball if you catch the ball or dunk you can do a dance move and celebrate and have fun with the fans and make the fans laugh which they should do since they are entertainers.

In baseball if you hit a home-run, get on baseball by a walk or base hit, you better not dance or doing funny and have fun with the fans because the opposing team and their player's feelings will get hurt and they want to hit you with the baseball on purpose. Suckas.

Stealing signs is also inappropriate too, so what's the purpose of even having secret signs if you as the opposing team can't study their signs to find out the opposing team strategy? Makes no sense.

Senseless Rules.

Another thing which makes baseball suck is their silly rules. Once a player comes out the game he can't go back in.

So, say if your pitcher has thrown many pitches and his arm needs a break and you want to do a quick substitution, you can but the other pitcher who you took out the game can't come back into the game at all and the same thing goes for every other player. SMH.

Its complete stupidity. Unlike football and basketball players can come in and go out the game as much the coach desires which makes the game fun and exciting for all.

Conclusion:

Baseball needs to depart from stupid traditions and making their game more modern and fun or they are always going to be behind the NFL and NBA in terms of popularity.

In Honor of Gary Sheffield, I wore those #10 wristband since he was my favorite player as a kid and he played for the Marlins.

6
6

Most Helpful Guys

• 888theGreat
    If I were a manager I would make it exciting. First thing I would trade the Homerun man on the team , I would also trade off all 4 starters , I would use the concept of team pitching which is where one pitcher faces each hitter once , then is changed for another. This does not give good hitters a chance to adjust to any pitcher. I would also go with a fastball pitcher, then pitcher with off speeds, the a pitcher that used a knuckle ball.

Speed over power and a motion offense.
    I would trade for speedy and defensive players. Players that can run down any ball hit and could steal 70 bases a season. I would use bunts and set runners in motion until catcher is worn down.

The magnificent seven , plus Two
    All my fielders would be gold gloves with speed. The plus two would be catcher and pitcher.
    I would have exciting baseball once again.
    Is this still revelant?
    • The rules should change that a player batting or pitcher can only call time out one time per at bat or per hitter. It speeds the game up and puts pressure on the pitcher and batter.

Also, it will make more fun if from the 8th inning on a home-run is worth two runs. That will make it more interesting.

• i-love-latina-girls
    I am not a fan of it either but usually Dominicans like baseball
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• DizzyDesii
    Aww you look adorable. Baseball and softball are the only sports i hope my kids are into (aside from maybe volleyball). All the other sports bore me. And after my friend got paralyzed while playing football, im just not a fan of that sport
    Is this still revelant?
  • JennieF
    Being a softball player married to a baseball player, I completely disagree with you.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Wait a second, are you the actual Jennie Finch, Fastball pitcher or is it just a photo?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

44
  • Johnnyjay
    lol how is the name baseball any less cool than other sports names?

Baseball-run to a base
    football-should prob have diff name
    basketball- shoot in a basket.

its all the same lol
  • HikerDude
    MLB is actually a lot more popular than the NBA. NBA hasn't been popular since Jordan retired the second time in the 1990s.
  • Yads_Is_Back
    I'm scared to read
    • You're gonna read it.. 🀣

• What if I don't?

• It isn't illegal.

• _H20_
    How did it take me so long to find this.. lol I don't remember nothing about GAG no more

Anyways, to get an idea of who I am, check the username. (Island - you make the connection)

I'm not staying on here. Actually, I'm waiting on one particular person to message me then I'm out. But wanted to let you know that I got married :D officially by court, haven't had the ceremony yet because we're waiting until after COVID. And he got mad about one thing but cooled off really fast, and that was about me sending you stuff from a porn site lmbo. (I told you that.) Even though the pics weren't mine, originally you thought it was so he was a little upset about that. (even though I look better :P ) He knows I wouldn't send that mess to a random person online. But he was still pissed that I even sent you fake ones from a site. Whatevs.

Anyways, I'm just waiting on one person to message me then I'm out. Just wanted to say thanks and that everything worked out. :)
  • Cryptic-Game
    I remember Gary Sheffield as a Marlins player. Geez, wasn't that like 15 years ago he retired?

Baseball is my favorite sport but I understand it is too slow for you and many others.

Yes, going in and out of games doesn't seem to be bad but baseball is too stuck on tradition to change.

Baseball also has far more covid19 cases than the other sports who are playing in a bubble because they were too stupid to play games in a bubble like hockey and basketball are doing. I like baseball and can even be critical of them on this issue.
  • cute_short_nerd
    It is boring, I agree with most of what you said
  • SecretGardenBlood65
    Good take
  • _Whatever
    Baseball is good.