A Guide To The Worst Places In Wales

purplepoppy

Every country has it's fair share of shithole, even wales. So sit back and enjoy a tour of poppys least favourite locations

Llandudno, rhyl, colwyn bay

Once the home of Alice in wonderland Llandudno is now home to goats.

Once thriving seaside resorts they're now dilapidated rundown shitholes.

The town centres are full of 14 year old mums pushing prams, drinking cheap 2 litre bottles of cider while their illegitimate 3 month baby fights a seagull for half a sausage roll. Shops, those not boarded up, eek out a living selling cheap Chinese tat and dildos to the hordes of scousers who flood there on weekends from Liverpool on a well earned break from shoplifting.

Rhyl. Not so much a shithole as a diarrhoea filled chasm

Wrexham

A couple of zombies enjoy a well earned rest

Barmouth

Barmouth, where false advertising has reached Trump proportions

Barmouth, according to countless google images is a picturesque town nestled by an estuary and that's certainly true from the right viewpoint. What the tourist guides don't tell you is 90% of the town is taken up by a car park to accommodate the masses of people from Birmingham who migrate there the second the summer arrives. It's also home to a well-known nudist beach but I'm sure that's not reason men make the 3 hour drive.

View of barmouths nudist beach, and yes I have

Carmarthen

Merlin is Carmarthens only claim to fame

Carmarthen, according to some was founded by Merlin the sorcerer who claimed that the town would die if an old oak was cut down. Unfortunately in 1856 a pissed of resident sick of people sheltering under it chopped it down. Carmarthen has been on life support ever since. Although not as rundown as places like rhyl it looks like it needs a good wash. Carmarthenshire is known in wales as "the piss pot of wales" due to the seemingly non stop rain that falls there.

Swansea

Just hows a girl supposed to compete
Just how's a girl supposed to compete

Swansea is a city famous for budget price prostitutes and a thriving drug scene. The average Swansea woman is all teeth and tits, a 40something women who squeezes into clothes designed for girls half their age and size. My big gripe about Swansea is fact I'll get dragged on a 160mile trip to the shithole whenever a friend wants a city night out.

Port Talbot

Wind your windows up, hold your breath and drive past fast as you can. It really is that bad

Port Talbot is regularly voted the worse place ever to live. I've never actually stopped there, I value my life too much, but have drove past it many times. What really strikes you is the stench that hangs permanently in the air from steelworks that dominates the town. You'll smell it long before you even see the town.

So there you are just a little selection of welsh shit holes the tourist board likes to keep quiet

A Guide To The Worst Places In Wales
15
1

Most Helpful Guys

• FatherJack
    I like Wales overall , my whole body remembers the Brecon Beacons very well , esp Pen-Y-Fan , doing P-Company ( Para Selection ) , Merthyr Tydfil seems to get a mention as a toilet , got quite a few Port Talbot & Swansea escapee friends. Give me Pembrokeshire & used to bang a cute little lassie from Aberystwyth area. England has worse shitholes... Luton for one , my Weegie Jock mates disagree... and say Glasgae / Govan is worse... watch some Rab C Nesbitt on the tube... funny as fuck , your rough Celtic cousins in action !
    Is this still revelant?
    • stay in wales long enough and someone will talk you into climbing Pen-y-fan. I remember rab c nesbit from when I was a kid

• DJB72
    On the other hand just outside Swansea is the Mumbles and Gower. I spent every summer there from 1982 until 1994 plus a couple of other trips more recently.

Swansea itself is kak...
    Is this still revelant?
    • Both nice places, mumbles does very nice icecream

• DJB72

I took my wife to Mumbles pier just after our son was born 2 years ago. I love it there.

Most Helpful Girl

• DeeDeeDeVour
    Thank you for the "warning" guide.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

013
  • ChrisMaster69
    Just noticed this one.

@purplepoppy you missed some classic destination off

Holyhead
    Bangor
    Barry (as in island)

however I would go with Swansea

my mate lives in the Mumbles and well...

however Holyhead is a life on its own.
  • Lliam
    You make them sound so appealing. LOL
    I particularly loved the photo of the locals lounging on the planter in Wrexham.
    Makes me suspect that a person would be more likely to contract worse diseases than covid by visiting these lovely destinations.
  • Red_Arrow
    I had to use a magnifying glass, but I finally was able to see you nude on that beach picture. You are pretty sexy!
  • andreasderjuengere
    The fact that you show us this all makes me think that you care for your 'home place'.
    So what are the nice locations?
  • allaboutyou2
    I was raised in Somerset and my favorite holiday destination was Wales, that was 35 years ago, I now live in the USA but if I was going to move back to the UK I would probably make Wales my home.
  • Omar5881
    These are the “worst places “ lol well certainly I’ve seen wayy worse
  • rebeliouse
    what was it like on the nudist beach?
  • michael1469
    Goats!!! Its republican date night!!!
  • 6RareBit9
    Creased how do you even think this up lol
  • msc545
    Thanks. I know where not to go.
  • jimmy2
    Well its a hard life everwhere
  • Anonymous
    If you wrote a list of good places in wales it would have saved you a lot of time.
  • Anonymous
    I didn't know whales had more than one shit hole. Most texts only show one.

A Guide To The Worst Places In Wales