US Departs From UN Human Rights Council Equals the End of the US as We Once Knew Her: A Sad Farewell to Lady Liberty and Justice For All

sjoes006
Congrats for being the C of the Century
Congrats for being the C of the Century

I boggles my mind that this didn’t make news in the US like it did overseas. It was a punch line on late night. THE US IS NO LONGER THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD. It’s been hedging away for a while since GW but we’ve gone full on Iron Currain, just wait.

It doesn't get much worse than abusing children seeking refuge and tearing infants from their mother’s breast.

Soon Americans will be the ones seeking asylum, or at least qualifying for asylum as this government strips away human rights and any true meaning of a republic or democracy.

Checks and balances but without absolute power corrupts absolutely, even the best of us, but especially the worst.

The media is already being sensored in many ways. But I was startled to discover that my podcast of Fresh Air, a NPR interview show, was nothing but dead air after the advertisement for their Thursday interview of a woman who wrote a book on the First Family. I heard parts of the show as it aired live but was relying on the podcast for the rest.

It is completely dead air, it has been sensored.

These “campaign” rallies Trump has for reelection even though he isn’t even two years into term, they proganda rallies, not campaign rallies. Look at Stalin, Hitler... they had these rallies.

WHAT JUSTIFICATION IS THERE FOR TURNING AGAINST CANADA?

what at is damaged cannot be undone, that is the only purpose. We have a president m, as Canada pointed out, not looking after the interest of his people.

I’m not going to say he is a foreign actor but only that he has officially broken ties with the world order and our allies since WWII.

That’s a lot for the US to give up for a whole lot of nothing. No take backs. The US is done. This is where it ends as a world power or anything to ever be taken seriously again.

I don’t want to hear about the military, no disrespect to those who serve. The point is that the US has a strong military to protect it’s position and allies.

Now former allies will build their own up, now that “we are on our own” as Angela Merkel put it.

My heart is truly broken by the depraved, degenerative and deplorable actions the US, as a government, has decided to take over the past few months.

How quickly the mighty have have fallen and how fragile freedom can be.

East Germany is also verbatim singing the same party line on immigrants and crime which are not backed by facts.

These messages being spread across the West come from one source and the message is the same.

Ask yourself if you can find one reason the President of the US would turn against Canada. Canada who sent troops to Afghanistan after 911 even though they weren’t attacked. Zero reason for the US to be fighting a trade war with Canada.

8
3

Most Helpful Guy

• legalboxers
    It is not America First, It is AMERICA ALONE.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/isolationism
    the policy or doctrine of isolating one's country from the affairs of other nations by declining to enter into alliances, foreign economic commitments, international agreements, etc., seeking to devote the entire efforts of one's country to its own advancement and remain at peace by avoiding foreign entanglements and responsibilities.

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1601.html
    solationism refers to America's longstanding reluctance to become involved in European alliances and wars. Isolationists held the view that America's perspective on the world was different from that of European societies and that America could advance the cause of freedom and democracy by means other than war.

American isolationism did not mean disengagement from the world stage. Isolationists were not averse to the idea that the United States should be a world player and even further its territorial, ideological and economic interests, particularly in the Western Hemisphere.

study.com/.../...m-definition-policy-examples.html
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• lilaqua
    Trump's fucking up your country, sad to see. Bernie would have been brilliant, Hillary had great policies too.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Totally right he is. And if he ever dares to visit the UK he will be facing huge protests from all sections of our community.

• @LisaLisa89 Lol all you need to do is spend a couple hours in Heathrow Airport and all you hear from the locals is "You're American? I wish our government would secure our borders like Trump does."

• sjoes006

@genuinlysensitive that’s fucking bollocks.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

27
  • tartaarsaus
    Technically speaking the USA triggered article 5 of NATO right after 9/11. That means any member of NATO is forced to declare war and take up arms, that includes Canada.

Does the US leaving the HRC mean they depart human rights? No, it doesn't. Human rights are not defined by membership of the HRC. It would be weird if it was, then Saudi-Arabia would stick to human rights and many European countries wouldn't.

Neither does the US leaving it and being more pressing on Europe mean that the USA is alone. Europe is utterly utterly dependent on the USA. Europe can't afford to split from the USA, since it only spells impending disaster for Europe.

The US is the leader of the free world, since the rest is so incredibly dependent on the USA that they have no choice. Other countries are nothing compared in hard and soft power of the USA.

But leaving the HRC was perfectly understandable, although I think that they should have stayed. You can't fight the bullshit that is the UNHRC from outside.
    • sjoes006

The article can’t be triggered because there was no state actor responsible for the attack. It was a guerillla attack and the US randomly decided to try and fight the rogue actor in Afghanistan. Canada also got onboard when the US decided to go after Iraq for old vendettas from the first Gulf War.

Just keep goose stepping along but don’t be surprised when you end up in a prison of your own making.

You’re holding on to a dream of a country that was, but evidently not one you think is actually worth fighting for. you can’t assume that just because something is and was achieved it always will be and coast.

Maintaining a state of freedom and liberty requires ongoing vigilance to make sure one adheres to those standards. It isn’t a coinincdence that the US pulls out off UHC as it is condemned by the new world order for its crimes against humanity at the border.

THE US IS PERPETUATING CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY.

• sjoes006

What the US is doing at its Southern border is on equal footing with the Japanese internment camps except there’s no Pearl Harbor or world war that sparked this new policy.

It’s cruelty and demagoguery and you’re worse than complicit because you’re openly supporting it. I hope some day you when you are older you look back on this moment with shame.

• Article 5 was indeed triggered after 9/11 so whether you think it can only be done in the case of states attacking, it still was triggered.

And no, the barely recent criticism of what the USA is doing at its southern border has little to do with pulling out of the UNHRC. As you may know, Nikki Haley and the rest of the Trump administration has had a beef with the UNHRC for over a year now.

So where exactly did I support what the USA is doing at the southern border? I just said it's bullshit that the USA will suddenly be alone due to the criticism

• Waffles731
    Honestly the leaders of, other countries are just waiting out trump.
    They know he is not going to be president after 2020.
    No reason, for pessimism here
    The U. S has pulled out of th3 U. N human rights council before back under bush.
    • sjoes006

They aren’t waiting him out. He is starting trade wars and doing things that can’t and won’t be forgiven with a changing of guards once someone new is in office.

Why do I say this? Because while Trump may be a madman we as his people and our legislative branch have just let him run wild and in many cases supported his behavior.

I the GOP stilll controls both houses after the midterm I truly tremble for the future of the US. It was really bad under Bush abroad. But all his vast war crimes don’t come close to the current crisis.

They aren’t waiting him out, they are moving on. We may be allowed back at the table at some point but we certainly won’t be calling any shots.

• They definitely are waiting him out and the GOP will lose the house in 2018, though they probably will keep the senate due to the seats that are up for re election.
      The Germans just asked if they can put American nukes on The Eurofighter typhoon.
      The British, well the U. S are their only remaining ally that doesn't share a head of state with them. (I swear boris Johnson looks like trump)
      The Japanese are fine with Trump because they are ultra conservative.
      The Canadians just showed in the Ontario election that right wing populism is spreading up there.
      And the french are just waiting him out, but honestly the french got us into Vietnam so i can't say that being on good terms with france has always benefited us

• sjoes006

Waffles these are more or less untrue statements.

Even supposing France entangled the US with Vietnam the history between the two counties go back much further than that to wash hands of them.

France is literally the US’s oldest ally. They partially
      financed the American Revolution. The US does not turn against France. France has mostly been a cornerstone of democracy and what it means to fight for that freedom.

The Us does not get to turn against France.

• jacquesvol
    Trump divided the world countries in two groups: enemies or vassals.
    That's simple enough to understand for his trumpos. They need simple ideas.
    • sjoes006

It’s a new world order, that’s for sure. How easily we crumbled, every branch of the US govt just collapsed on itself.

The judicial branch is now nothing better than a political arm of the Republican Party. The legislators are willfully turning a blind eye to a himitarian crisis happening inside US borders for tax cuts and court appointments.

Senators are being denied entrance into these detention camps even if it is within their district.

I TRULY HOPE THE WORLD IS WATCHING AND LEARNING. BECAUSE THIS IS HOW A DEMOCRACY CRUMBLES.

It can happen quickly and the worst thing you can do is say it will never happen here.

Kiss the ground you walk on and truly be thankful to know what it means to love within a society where votes are counted and your parliament truly tries to represent you.

Always hold them accountable because the moment you stop paying attention is the moment the candy store gets raided.

• CuriousMufuxka
    What the crap are you talking about? Sensored? Most of this "take" seems like propaganda in itself..
    • sjoes006

Propaganda defined as: “information or ideas that are spread by a government to influence people’s opinions, esp. by not giving all the facts or by secretly emphasizing only one way of looking at the facts”

• sjoes006

The US is no longer part of the world order on Human Rights. The US says fuck Human Rights. This is a problem for anyone that finds oneself in its crosshairs but mostly its citizens.

The US just told the world it is no longer recognizing international laws on human rights.

HUMAN RIGHTS. US citizens are on their own now if their rights are violated within US territory. US citizens under the executive branch of govt are no longer guaranteed human rights and will have to seek asylum elsewhere to get those rights if they are charged with a crime as minor as a speeding ticket. Because human rights are no longer being recognized as a thing by the Trump Admin.

• Yes! Thank you for proving my point.

• _乃尺OЩ刀_TITI
    Well about time!!. I don't like Trump but one thing I'm happy he's doing is actually representing America, I'm sick of hearing American politicians pretending to say they are defender of human rights. Whether USA is on the council or not, It had done violation of human rights! Which I say that should make USA out of the council a long time ago (Along with PRC and KSA).
  • castratedwhiteguy
    FYI, the US should withdraw from the UN A. S. A. P. and then carpet bomb that satanic building into rubble. You're article exemplifies exactly why I argue that women should never have been given the vote. The women's vote will, one day, turn America into a defenseless, bankrupt, third world hell hole. Wise up, or shut up!
  • BellePepper
    I’m here to like and sigh veeeeery deeply 😒
    • sjoes006

And now Justice Kennedy is leaving the bench. Why now? Things are about to get very nasty in Congress. PEOPLE MUST MARCH.

it’s going to be an ugly 4-5 months to try and protect that seat. You don’t leave the bench when the country’s in crisis. I just don’t understand.

• You and me both. All I can think is that he’s sick or someone in his family is sick

• sjoes006

That’s kind of you but his recent votes seem to support this tide.

• fenixx0083
    Stay where you are, teams are dispatched
    • sjoes006

Yes, that they’ll come for me too? Because I hold dual citizenship, even though I was born and raised in the US and a redhead pale person?

Teams are being dispatched and it would do many of us well to know “First they came”.

As a natural born US citizen with both my parents being citizens prior to my birth I could see myself being repatriated to my motherland of Ireland or maybe France even though I didn’t file for French citizenship.

It would be political booting from my homeland. Jobs in Ireland aren’t great. Brexit and all this is bad timing. Because I could work freely in England with my profession previously but not anymore.

I’m an American citizen both by birth and by relatives tracing back the the revolution. My aunt is a member of the DAR.

But I honestly do feel like the VanTrap family ready to run at any moment. Once the border shuts its people in that’s it. That’s what every what has taught us since the turn of the 21st century. Leave now or die.

• Could you do us a favor and take off the tinfoil though? It's blocking our signals 😊

• Normies always nay-say the tinfoil, but it's hell aiming the weather control weapon without a good signal

• 4465loveyou5577
    Say it like it is ma sista