GBG has died at 87

007kingifrit
GBG has died at 87

So I'm a fervent reader of every supreme court case that comes out, its like patch notes for America. I knew this was coming but nobody knew it was coming before the election. This is perhaps the worst outcome for the country as a whole to go into such a contentious election that WILL see some kind of legal action against it with a divided court. Especially since it doesn't actually affect anything but perception; I have NO DOUBT Trump is going to win and even if he didn't he has until late January to appoint the next SCOTUS judge, and he will. So the only impact of her dying before the election is increased anger, aggression, and conspiracy theories. Instability for no reason.

I did not like RBG. I'm not glad she's dead as i had no knowledge of her as a person and no personal animosity to her. I just disliked the way her juris prudence was based purely on emotion and ideology and never the law. So I am glad we will get a better judge on SCOTUS but in reality not much will change.

I'm certain the next justice will be more right wing but SCOTUS picks are not really left or right, once you don't have to answer to anyone you stop being in a political party (which is why we appoint justices for life). For example since getting on the court justice Kavanaugh has sided with RBG more often than the conservative wing of the court. So all the people yelling "this is the end gay people and any women who need an abortion will end up in a camp" are being dramatic. There will not be any large scale fundamental changes.

GBG has died at 87
1
6

Most Helpful Guy

• SuccessfulHornDog
    Glad she is off the court. No ill will towards her personally. Obama asked her to retire so that he could appoint someone younger that would be on the court longer. She said no. She has been sick a number of times but still refused to leave. Sounds like a control issue to me
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

15
  • Jessie91331
    I wonder if moscow mitch will be as consistent as he was during obama's last year? Prolly not
    • of course not, all is fair in love and war, and politics is just war by other means

but why moscow mitch? what evidence is there that he is working for russia? its just immature to say

• DeltaCharlieEcho
    While it's a shame that she's dead, it's a good thing that she's not on the supreme court anymore. Just as a reminder, I'm an anti-two party non-voter
  • RGB should’ve retired a long time ago. It was completely selfish of her to not retire sooner.
    • Jack9949

She was too blatantly obsessed with her ego to realize that she was medically unfit for continuing the job.

• Liam_Hayden
    You are correct. Also RBG sometimes sided with Scalia and Thomas in dissents when it came to the court limiting 4th, 5th, or 6th Amendment rights.

Then of course there is this part of Article 3, Section 2 that few seem to know about, "In all the other Cases before mentioned, the Supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make." Congress has stripped the court of appellate jurisdiction on occasion. It can do so whenever it wants.
  • Wewladdy
    Good riddance.
  • Anonymous
    Good! One less Commie around! I won't miss the bitch